Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Defense of Hogwarts

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does.

A/N: Hope you'll enjoy this chapter, and please, if you read, leave me a comment, ok? That would make my day!

Chapter Five

"A strange Christmas Night"

Fortunately for Harry, Christmas holidays arrived, so the greatest part of the students, especially the girls, returned home, so he, who as usual remained at the castle, could enjoy in peace that days of relax.

The only problem was that Hermione had returned home too, to go skiing with her parents.

"Be sure, I'll write you daily. I'll miss you a lot too", she said then she kissed him passionately, before climbing on the train. Harry remained there until the Express didn't disappear in the horizon, knowing she owed them that after the scare of the previous Christmas and a summer passed away from them with him. He should not be egoistic, they were her parents after all.

Then he returned to the castle, noticing that in the Gryffindor Tower he was alone with Ginny, who was the only who made him some company in the holidays, apart from the staff members.

One day that he was chatting with Dumbledore, he asked something that ahd been on his mind since he had seen Sirius.

"Sir, this summer, at my birthday, Sirius came to visit me. I thought he was dead, you told me that too, so how could he survive?"

"Harry, that veil brings you in an alternate universe, from which it's almost impossible to come back. For all I knew, I wouldn't be able to bring him back, so I didn't want to raise your hopes too much. I knew if I succeeded, soon or later you would know. I had to evocate one ancient power to call Sirius back and have him able to exit the veil. The moment he did, many hands were trying to pull him back in, and he was unconscious. I can only imagine what kind of sufferings he endured there. He says it's worse than Azkaban but would say more. However, I thought having him alive when everyone thought he was dead was a great advantage for the Order, and so I asked him to do a mission for me, that he did well"

Harry nodded, satisfied with the reply. Probably the Headmaster could have been clearer, but for now he was content with what he knew.

Together with Ginny, they went running around the iced lake, through the snow, then, after a warm shower they went down to eat their breakfast with the Professors and the other few students remained at Hogwarts.

Their days passed through runs on the skis, on the skates with him who fell continuously, laughing happily with her on the sled, and, for Harry, hours studying the books the commission left him to prepare for the official Auror test. He was taking very seriously the task of becoming a very good Auror, knowing that Hermione would do this, and wanting to be at her level. Sometimes Ginny studied with him, in the common room, but more often he was alone.

Dumbledore and McGonagall offered to help him, if he needed, but when one day he wanted to ask a suggestion to the Headmaster, he found he had left to London, called at the Ministry for pressing tasks, so he decided to give up for a day with the study, going to Hagrid's hut, to say hello to him, who he had not seen from a while.

After a long chatting and some tea cups, he returned to the castle, not avoiding to take part in a little snow balls war, started by Ginny, with students from the other houses, then when he was in the common room, he wrote a letter to Hermione.

"My love,

you don't know how

I miss you. I am passing

my days also studying to

become an Auror, as you

would do, trying to

feel connected to you,

but I miss you

so much!

Love, Harry"

In the meanwhile, they arrived to the Christmas Eve and everyone who was in the castle seemed excited for that evening. Obviously Harry was too, but thinking that it would be his last Christmas there, he also felt a little sad.

He passed the day walking with Ginny a lot in the park, chatting about many things, throwing each other some snow balls, then they went to dry themselves in the common room, before the fire, laughing and joking.

Ginny was the only girl at Hogwarts Harry considered, or better, had one time considered, as possible girlfriend instead of Hermione, and he felt quite relieved of passing the holidays with her rather than with some crazy fan girl.

That evening, in the Great Hall, all the students were a little surprised not seeing Dumbledore with them. Harry too even knowing that he was away for the Ministry, asked himself what he was doing for not being there for Christmas. For what he knew, it was the first time he did that. However, being Head Boy, he helped the Professors to calm the other students.

After the dinner, he climbed to the common room, sure of finding there Ginny. She wasn't there tough.

So Harry started reading, asking himself where she might had gone. He felt lonely to pass the Christmas Eve all alone in the common room, so his thoughts drifted to Hermione. Some time later, Ginny arrived, and went to seat near him on the couch.

He felt her skin cold, since she had been out in the park for a walk, so he put an arm around her to keep her close and warm her a bit. She eagerly snuggled near him.

After some time, Harry stopped reading, and turned to ask her what she wanted to do, but she captured his lips with her own.

After a moment of shock, Harry stood up abruptly.

"Ginny, I thought you were better than them!" he said angrily.

The redhead looked sad. "I know, Harry. I know. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It's just that those days, being alone with you, I got the chance to hang with you a lot more than usual, and my crush, which I thought I'd gotten over of, came back in full force"

Harry's face softened. He knew Ginny was better than the others. It had been only a moment of weakness, not a maliciously planned thing.

Suddenly Ginny spoke again.

"Harry, there's something more I need to tell you"

"Tell me" he said softly, seating again near her.

"Well, one of our girls nights I got drunk, and I need to ask you a favour…"

"What did they make you dare to do, Gin?" he asked patiently, knowing very well how those nights were done. Hermione ahd talked to him about them sometimes in the summer, remembering some embarrassing moments they laughed together about.

"I…have to lose my virginity to you this break!" she said as quickly as she could.

"What? I can't believe you accepted that dare!!" he shouted. He was really upset with her. How could she accept something like that?

"Harry, please. I know I made a mistake, but I was drunk, while they weren't so they will remember that, and…if I don't so this, they are going to make me go naked around the school for one entire day!"

"How could you bet on something like this, Ginny?" Harry said, more in a fatherly tone than in an upset one now. He pitied her, because she had been tricked into something bigger than her.

"Harry, I know this is wrong, but please, help me…I can't embarrass myself going naked around the school…" she said, tears in her eyes. "I would shame my parents…"

Harry sighed deeply, running his hand in his already messy hair, thinking. He knew what he was going to do could ruin his relationship with Hermione and Ron too. But he had this "saving people" thing, after all. And it seemed there wasn't another way out of that situation…

"Ok, Ginny, but this will be the only and last time, understood? I will not accept other things like this one" he said, then reluctantly led her to his dorm.

Then he undressed himself, hugged her entering in the bed, and Ginny kissed him. He opened his mouth not so willingly, then pulled her on top of him, feeling her soft and warm body on his own, and that decreased his self-control. He started kissing her on all her body, making her moaning in a way which made him feel guilty about Hermione. He wanted to stop Ginny, that was totally wrong to do…but then, he was doing that only to help her…

She explored him, then when she was ready, whispered to him. "Harry, please, make love to me!", so he inserted it in her slowly, breaking her maidenhood and at that she dug her nails in his flesh, tears on her eyes. He consoled her and remained still, then when she told him, he moved again, slow at first, then faster, until she reached her climax.

He never came, but she didn't notice, since she fell asleep in his arms. Harry sighed again.

Next morning, Harry woke up before her, and used this time to put on her a complex Memory Charm, which allowed her to remember the happened, until she would like to speak about it to someone out of the bunch of crazy girls she had as dorm mates. The Charm was like a chain, so her friends would forget it if they tried to spread the news.

Then he got dressed, woke her up and went down to open the gifts. One of this was from Hermione, a maintenance kit especially designed for the Firebolt 2003. When he saw it, he smiled, then opened the Ron's gift: a robe of the Chudley Cannons, their preferred Quidditch team.

A sudden guilty feeling hit him again, thinking again about what he had just done. He decided to told them it when they would return from holidays. He didn't mean to betray their trust but he couldn't let Ginny embarrass herself and her family, too. Could he?


-->