Unofficial Portkey Archive

Unforseen by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Unforseen

Harrys Mistress

I can't say it enough guys! I really appreciate all your reviews! This story is going to be one of my favorites I have written, I'm just having a ball and can't write fast enough! I'm going to my ranch this weekend, so I'll probably write some more if I get a chance. I may not, my sister who lives in Houston is coming down with her daughter, my oldest niece. Geez, she's going to be 10 in December! She's getting so big. Anyway, I'll update next week with a long update I hope!! Have a great one!!

Chapter 5

The party was starting to die down by late afternoon. The bride and groom were already sent off, headed for their honeymoon in America. Most of the guests had left, except for a few close friends and family.

Harry was walking through the gardens, talking to a few people along the way when he spotted Hermione at an empty circular table. She looked exhausted leaning back in her chair with her eyes closed and her long curly hair flowing down over the back of the chair. She really did look pretty today, but he found himself looking forward to seeing the Hermione he knew. Comfortable in jeans and a blouse, with her hair out of control. Ginny was right, she didn't need all the crap girls put on their face, she had a natural beauty to her. He felt something stir inside him as he looked at her, confused on what exactly it was. Best to ignore it, he decided to himself and made his way over.

He pulled the chair out next to her and took a seat. She only had enough energy to peek open one eye, before grunting a hello. "You look miserable," Harry said with sympathy. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Yes. You can track down the horrible human being that invented high heels and kill him for me. And a food rub couldn't hurt either."

Harry laughed. "Well, I don't think it would be good for my rep to kill someone, but the second thing I can handle."


Hermione opened her eyes. 'I was just teasing with you."

"I know," he said leaning down and setting her feet on his lap.

"No, I mean about the foot rub, I was serious about the other."

He just grinned and pulled off her shoes in which she responded by sighing and flexing her feet. "I should tell you," he said wrapping his warm hands around her left foot. "I've never done this before."

Hermione groaned when he started to knead the ball of her foot. "You mean you never did this with Ginny?"

"Oh no," he laughed as he continued to rub. 'I offered once, but she has this thing about feet. She doesn't like to touch other feet, have other people messing with her feet, or have anybody else's feet on her."

"Are you serious?"

He nodded as he moved his pressing thumbs to the arch of her feet. "Yeah, she flipped out if my foot accidentally touched her."

"Well, she missed out." She sighed as she closed her eyes again. "This is wonderful."

Harry moved to her other foot. "So I'm doing okay?"

"Bloody fantastic," she mumbled.

"You going to fall asleep on me?"

"Maybe."

"Hey guys." Ron sat on the other side of Hermione. "What's up?"

"Harry's giving me a foot rub and I'm in heaven."

Ron lifted his brows at Harry. "A foot rub?"

"Er…yeah." Harry picked up one of her shoe's and showed it to him. "Her feet were hurting from wearing these all day, so I took pity on her."

Ron winced. "How do you girls walk on those things?"

"With talent," she said, hissing out a breath when Harry hit a sore spot.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, it's just really tender at the balls of my feet."

Harry pressed both thumbs against both feet and pressed hard. "Right here?"

"Yeah, that feels good."

So Harry continued to do what he was doing and turned his attention to Ron. "Anyway, this is good practice," he said hoping to lighten the situation and get rid of the suspicious look on Ron's face. "Maybe my next girlfriend won't have a feet phobia."

Ron stared at him for a second before busting out laughing. "Oh, Ginny can't stand it! My brothers and I would tease her constantly."

All three shared a laugh and for awhile it was silent. Harry kept rubbing Hermione's feet, while Ron started to people watch around him. It wasn't for awhile before Harry finally spoke. "Now that we're all here we really need to talk about when we leave. I was thinking we'd take tomorrow to prepare ourselves, say goodbye to those we need to."

"I think that's a good idea," Hermione agreed. "Take a day to relax and focus on what's ahead."

"What do you think, Ron?"

"It's fine with me. At first I thought I'd write Mum a letter, I don't think I can take watching her face when I tell her I'm leaving." Hermione placed her hand over his and he gave her a grateful smile. "But I know it wouldn't be fair to her if I did that."

"She'll be upset," Harry said. "Both of your parents. Maybe you two should stay here and…"

"No," they both stated firmly.

"Harry, we're going with you," Hermione insisted. "We started this with you and we're going to end it with you."

He was so touched with her words, he couldn't seem to find a voice, so he simply nodded. She smiled back and then turned to Ron. "Are you going to talk to Luna?"

"Luna?" he asked surprised and looking extremely nervous. "Why would I need to do that? I mean she's only a friend of Ginny's, it's not like she and I are…I mean…we're not…er…there's no reason to tell her."

Harry and Hermione shared a smirk, before Hermione spoke. "Ron, it's obvious that you like her."

Uncomfortable, Ron shrugged. "Whether I like her or not, nothing can happen," he said shaking his head. "Last time I got in a relationship I lost you as a friend and we all suffered. I can't do that again."

"Oh, Ron," she said as her eyes filled. "With Luna, it's different. I just want you to be happy."

"Oh no, she's leaking again," Harry complained when he saw the tears.

"Oh hush," she cried as she kicked him.

"Woah," Harry said catching her foot before it made contact with a particular sensitive area. "Watch it there, Hermione."

"Hermione, do you mean that?" Ron asked. "Because I've noticed something between Luna and I, but if it bugged you I would never…"

"I know, Ron, but it's different," she sniffed as she wiped the last of her tears. "Seeing you two dancing…it was so sweet."

Embarrassed now, he blushed. 'We were just fooling around."

"Oh god, please go and find her before I cry again!"

He smiled and then stood up and hugged her from behind. "You'll always be my number one girl, Hermy." He then kissed her on the cheek, winked at Harry, then sauntered off.

When they were alone, Harry scooted his chair closer to Hermione, allowing her legs to now drape over his lap. He put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it once, before moving his hand to her back. It was under all her hair and her upper back was exposed, giving him a nice combination of soft hair and warm skin. "You okay?" he finally asked as he rubbed her back soothingly. Merlin, her skin was smooth. He had no clue, he never touched her skin to skin before.

She sighed as she placed her head on his shoulder. "Merlin knows why, but I do love that idiot."

"I know you do," Harry laughed as he slipped his arm around her shoulders and felt her shiver. "Cold?"

"N-No, I'm fine," she said shakily, then after a moment lifted her head and pulled away. "I better go change and head out."

As he pulled away, Harry's hand lingered on her back as long as possible. "Where are you going?"

Hermione flung her legs off his lap and Harry stood up to pull out her seat. Hermione picked up her shoes and let them dangle at her fingertips. "I have to go see my parents," she finally said. "I have a lot of explaining to do. Over the years I only told them little of what happened, I didn't want them to worry. It's only right that they get the whole truth."

The thought of Hermione leaving, even only for awhile, made him miserable. "Will you stay the night?"

"Probably not, but it'll be late when I get back."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

She smiled. "No, I need to talk to them on my own. But thanks for asking."

"I'll wait up for you," he said shoving his hands in his pockets since he had a great desire to touch her.

"Oh, no Harry, you don't have to…"

"I'll wait up for you," he repeated this time more firmly.

She stared at him for a second, before finally giving him a little smile. All right. I'll see you when I get back."

"Okay."

"Thanks again for the foot rub. Your next girlfriend is in for a treat."

He grinned. "Thanks for letting me practice."

"Feel free to practice on me anytime."

When he realized she was leaning up to kiss him on the cheek, without thinking he shifted slightly so that her lips met with the corner of his mouth. She blushed as she pulled back, then gave him a quick smile before walking off to the Burrow.

He stood there unmoving, watching her until she disappeared inside. He had a feeling that something unusual was going on between himself and Hermione. Whatever it was, it was a strange and unfamiliar feeling, something he never experienced before. Not with Ron, not with Sirius, not even with Ginny. He swallowed the huge lump that formed in his throat. He was terrified.