Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Little Things by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Little Things

Harrys Mistress

Hello my faithful readers! Sorry it took me a little longer to update, but Thanksgiving was busy, plus my birthday WAS Thanksgiving this year so it's been kind of a long weekend. My friends are taking me out tonight, which will be fun, but always scary since my guy friends like to buy me shots. I took nine last year and was fine and went to work the next day, while my guy friends had hangovers. Wimps! They weren't too happy about that and I'm afraid since I won't have to go to work tomorrow I might be a little more willing to take some shots. We shall see!

As for the story, it's done! Told you it was going to be short and sweet. I might later do a sequel or something, but for now it's done. I'm anxious to start my new fic which will be post Hogwarts and full of fun pairings and lots of passion and romance. It WILL be rated NC 17 and I know how all you love that;-) So look for that! But now, enjoy the last chapter and I'm so glad everyone enjoyed The Little Things.

Chapter 9

Ron shoved his hands in his pockets. "Sorry, I just…I came back to talk to the both of you. Er, I tried calling your names as I walked up the stairs but I guess you didn't hear me over the shower."

"Er, no I didn't," Harry said as he tried his best not to look guilty. "I'll be right out though."

"Where's Hermione?"

Oh, she's right behind me naked from head to toe. "Er…I think she was taking a bath in the other bathroom. Why don't you go downstairs and we'll both meet you."

"Oh, okay," he said with a nod. "I'll just wait in the den. Er…why is the place all nice now? Hermione?"

Harry gave him a small smile. "Yeah, she did a quick clean on it. Nice, huh?"

"Yeah. Er, well I'll let you finish your shower."

Harry watched as Ron turned and walked out the door. He kept quiet until he heard the bedroom door close then turned around to Hermione. "He's gone."

Hermione closed her eyes and let out a breath. "That was too close, Harry."

"I know," he said and kissed her forehead. "But it's okay. I'll get out first and you stay hidden in the bathroom until I head out."

"Okay," she said as she leaned up and kissed him softly. "I'm sorry we got interrupted."

Harry sighed. "Me too." He kissed her again. "You have know idea how sorry I am."

XXX

Harry found Ron waiting for them in the den sitting in one of the arm chairs by the sofa. He stood up when Harry walked into the room and Harry gave him a small smile. "Er…Hermione's on her way down."

"Oh, well." Ron sat back down as Harry walked over to sit on the couch. "I have a lot to say to you and Hermione, Harry, so I just assume wait for her so I won't have to repeat anything."

Harry nodded. "Sure, that's fine."

Luckily Hermione was nearly right behind him and the awkward silence didn't last too long. Both Harry and Ron went to their feet when Hermione entered the room, dressed back into her skirt and blouse, which was now obviously clean and pressed magically. Harry thought she looked fresh and vibrant and couldn't help but grin at the knowledge that he was the one that put that afterglow in her.

"Hello, Ron," Hermione said softly as she walked over to the sofa where Ron was sitting.

"Hi," he said as he sat back down in his chair while Harry and Hermione did the same on the sofa. "I have a lot to say so I guess I'll get right to it. So, if you don't mind just letting me do the talking for now and when I'm done you can either curse me or forgive me."

Ron took a deep breath and looked at Hermione. "The things you told me…"

"Ron, I'm sorry I was so hurtful. I shouldn't have…"

"Don't," he said holding up a hand. "Please, don't apologize, everything you said was the truth. Rude and blunt seemed to be the only way to get through to me and it worked. I should have asked you out when I had the chance and a part of me was wondering why I never did.

"At the Burrow when I was sulking in my room, Luna walked in…I know, random…don't ask." He took a breath. "Anyway, considering I had no one to talk to she was the lucky candidate. She asked me why I didn't ever ask you out, Hermione, and although I didn't have a clue she came up with something that seemed a bit accurate."

Ron gave her a smile. "You see, she made me realize that maybe I never really fancied you, that it was more of myself being afraid that…I don't know, that some…bloke would take you away from me and Harry."

Hermione's eyes softened. "Oh, Ron…"

"It's silly, I know, but it makes sense. When you were with Krum or kept in touch with him in anyway I got a little worried that you would ditch us to go off with him. I hated the thought, I mean we're lost without you, Hermione. I'm sure Harry realizes that as well."

Harry gave him a small smile and a nod. "I do."

"So, my jealousy was always there, I just took it wrong and figured I liked you. Granted, I didn't particularly like the idea of fancying you Hermione, no offense, but you're a lot of work."

Hermione let out a laugh as she wiped the tear that escaped her. "I know I am, Ron." Noticing her tears, Harry placed a hand on her back for support.

Ron shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat. "So…then I've…noticed lately that the two of you started to get closer and of course…I panicked and acted like a prat. I was just scared that you two would get together and the leave me in the lurk. I can't tell you how many times I've felt in the dark between you two, it was so frustrating."

"Ron, we've never meant to leave you out of anything."

"I know, Harry," he said with a slight nod. "That only makes it more frustrating." Ron then got up to pace. "Luna, then asked me something else. After I realized I didn't fancy you Hermione, she asked me how I would feel if…if the two of you were to…well, you know…get together."

Harry and Hermione gave each other a quick look, before Harry looked back at Ron. "And?"

Ron stopped pacing for a moment then plopped back down in his chair. "I didn't rightfully know at first, the whole idea weirds me out, but then I thought to myself. Would I rather have some stupid bloke I don't know take Hermione away from me…or Harry?" He gave a little shrug. "Then the answer was simple.

"I don't mean to make you two uncomfortable or anything and I don't even know if there is anything going on between the two of you. Luna told me she always thought something was going on between you two, but the truth of the matter is I…I guess I would be okay with it."

Harry felt his heart hitch to his throat and a huge weight lift off his shoulders. Could it be that easy? "Ron…I…this is kind of a shock, I mean it's like you changed overnight."

Ron shrugged. "Luna and I talked pretty much all night. She's a very good listener."

Harry shared a grin with Hermione. "Really now?"

"Oh, don't look at me like that, it's not like that. Er…at least I don't think it's like that." He waved his hands. "I'm straying off topic here, what I mean is…I've been upfront with you two and if there is something going I want you to be honest with me. If not, then just tell me I'm completely overreacting and you two are only friends. Whatever you say I'll believe you and deal with it."

Harry looked at Hermione not knowing what to say, but Hermione then stood up and walked over to Ron where she knelt in front of him taking his hands in hers. "Yesterday, during our fight…nothing had happened between Harry and me. We were telling you the truth then, however….things have changed…overnight." Hermione squeezed his hands when he looked down and waited for him to look back at her. "We were planning on going to the Burrow today and talk to you about it."

Ron nodded his head. "No, it's fine. I'm okay…or at least I will be."

"Ron," she said firmly. "This only changes between Harry and I, the trio…you are still as important to us as ever. We both need you, Ron, I hope you realize that. No stupid bloke will take me away from you. Even if the stupid bloke is Harry."

"Hey," Harry said with a laugh. "I'm right here."

Hermione and Ron shared a smile and then she gave Harry a wink. "Sorry."

"Ron," Harry said getting up to his feet and kneeling next to Hermione. "Look, you know I'm no good at the mushy stuff, I'll leave that to Hermione, but I can managed to tell you this. You are my best mate…nothing is going to change that. I need both of you right now, this next adventure of ours will not be fun and it will be dangerous. I would really appreciate if you would come with Hermione and I." Harry grinned. "Just because I'd rather snog Hermione doesn't mean I still don't need you."

"Oh sod it," Ron laughed playfully shoving him so he would fall back on the floor.

Hermione laughed and then flew her arms around Ron. "Are you sure you're okay, Ron? You're not mad?"

He smiled at Harry over his shoulder as he stroked her hair. "Twenty four hours ago I would have been livid…but no…I'm not mad." He leaned back out of the hug and Hermione reached down to help Harry off the floor. "Although, do me a favor and keep the snogging as private as possible, okay?"

Harry laughed while Hermione blushed. "We'll do our best."

"I better get back to the Burrow. Oh, Harry…another thing…Luna wants to come with us. I told her about the Horcruxes and she really wants to be a part of it."

"If she really wants to go then I guess I can't stop her. She knows the risks?"

"Yes, I even tried to talk her out of it, believe me." He rolled her eyes. "The girl is about as stubborn as you are, Hermione."

She grinned. "Then she'll fit right in. And maybe you'll also have a snogging partner for the journey."

Ron turned as red as his hair and his jaw dropped. "Hermione, it's not like that!"

Harry and Hermione both laughed. "Okay, Ron…whatever you say."

Ron shook his head hopelessly. "I'll see you two prats later."

Once they were alone, Hermione leaped onto Harry who caught her and stumbled onto the couch. "Hermione," he laughed. "Happy much?"

"It all worked out Harry," she said giving him a loud hard kiss on the mouth. "Everything's back to normal."

Harry raised a brow. "Everything?" he asked slipping his hands on her waist and under her shirt.

Hermione gasped when his hands easily found her bare breasts. "Okay, well…maybe not everything," she said leaning down to kiss him deeply. "When do you think we should head back to the Burrow?"

"No hurry," he said pulling back so Hermione could pull his shirt over his head, then he did the same to Hermione. "I'd like to finish what we started in the shower."

Hermione sighed as he trailed his lips over her neck. "Good idea. Who knows when will be the next time we can be alone."

"We'll find ways," he said as he helped her get rid of her skirt. "I can't go long without having you again, that's for sure."

"We'll get through this won't we, Harry?" she asked as she lifted herself up on her knees and tilted his head up away from her breasts he was giving attention to so he could look up at her. "You'll get through this?"

"I can't promise you that, Hermione," he said and then kissed her softly. "But I can promise you that I'll do whatever I can to come back to you. Now that we've found each other I'm not too keen on the idea of losing you."

"You won't." Hermione then slowly sank herself onto him, while Harry gasped and lifted his hips urgently to hers. "You have me in every way, Harry." Hermione gripped the back of the couch on either side of Harry's head as she began to ride him. "You're my soul mate."

"Hermione," he gasped as he gripped her hips and urged her to go faster. "I'll never stop…oh god…I'll never stop loving you." He then reached for her, wrapping his arms around her while he buried his face in her neck and rode out the final wave with her.

"I'll never stop loving you," he said again as they both trembled and held onto each other as if their lives depended on it.

Hermione sighed as she strummed her fingers lazily through his hair while his head rested tiredly on her shoulder. She kissed the top of his head while they felt both their hearts racing together. "I'll never stop either. I love you, Harry. All of you."

Harry closed his eyes as he let her words coax him and comfort him. She loved him. Together, they had come and tumbled into love and Harry knew that it was the little things that started it all. Now, what the had together was so huge and powerful that not even Voldemort could defeat their love.

Harry was quite sure he just discovered the power he knows not. Not just love. But Hermione's love. And there was definitely nothing little about that.

THE END