Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Genesis: Part One

"Any ideas where to first?" Hermione asked after a few seconds of contemplation.

"Plenty" Harry said distractedly.

"And are you gonna choose one today?" Hermione teased.

"I got it!" Harry said spinning around in excitement and dropping to his knees before her.

Harry was now so close that he had both his hands on her legs, and Hermione felt her heart fluttering once more. It felt like an eternity had passes since they were last this close, within real touching distance of each other, and she wished that it would never end.

"This is something I've always wanted to see, but it was impossible in the other world" Harry said, his words dripping with anticipation as he removed his hands from her legs and stood up to walk over to the pensieve "maybe, if I'm super lucky, then maybe…"

"Are you going to share this with me?" Hermione asked eagerly.

"Nope" Harry said laughing as he pushed his wand up next to his forehead "it's a whole new world for you, so you'll have to wait to see it with your eyes!"

"A whole new world" Hermione said softly as she looked up at Harry from her chair. He was pulling the thoughts from his mind with a boyish grin that she had feared she'd never see again.

"And it's gonna be…" Harry said dropping the thoughts into the pensieve as he grinned at her, the twinkle going like crazy behind his deep green eyes.

"Fantastic"

As the words slipped from his mouth, and as the grey silver mist began to swirl slowly around the stone basin of the pensieve the world beneath Hermione's feet started to shake. Only it wasn't the world. It was the Ford Anglia.

As she closed her eyes and pushed backwards into the chair as support, a helpful tactic she had picked up during their visits, her mind started to wander slightly.

It had been a whole year since the first time she had done this, since she had begun her new life. Only a year since Harry had first entered, and changed incomprehensibly, her life forever.

She was, if her math was correct, about a month away from her twentieth birthday. She did the math quickly in her head and realized that if she was born in 1988, then the year ought to be 2007. But, as the crashing and thrashing of the Ford Anglia became harder and faster, she knew that that wasn't the date, and hugely doubted that where they were at this exact second even had a date.

Traveling through time often held problems like that, Hermione figured.

It was nearly a year ago since Harry had first pulled her away from safety as they were chased by animated plastic mannequins. And since then the adventures had only ever got weirder. The ghost haunting Shakespeare, or more in particular his plays. The Magicallds, desperate to escape their prison. The near death of every living thing on the earth countless times…

And one time where she, Hermione Granger, actually died.

Not the Hermione Granger thinking this right now, she told herself, but the Hermione Granger that belonged to Harry's world. Harry's birth world.

It was still hard for Hermione to get her head around that there were multiple worlds out there, that in the world she was in right now Harry had grown up, plagued by a dark wizard named Voldemort until Harry finally beat him, landing Harry in a parallel world. Her World.

And not even a week ago they returned here. To Harry's world. Where the war started, where Voldemort returned. Where this worlds Hermione, Harry's childhood friend, sacrificed her life so Harry could live.

"That was a lot bumpier than I expected!" Harry bellowed as the world stopped crashing and throwing itself.

The sudden still after so much excitement would have seemed spooky to most people, but not to Hermione. The Ford Anglia was her home, and she had never felt so safe anywhere before.

"But not bad for a test run?" Harry asked Hermione optimistically, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Not bad at all" Hermione said before asking slightly confused "what do you mean a test run?"

"I've never…used?... I guess that's the word…this Ford Anglia before" Harry said as he started to stroll towards her "I was half expecting it to explode mid…flight?… probably isn't the right word…"

Hermione laughed and started to stand up but Harry signaled for her to sit back down.

"Are we leaving or something?" she asked confused. Whenever they reached somewhere, wherever it was, Harry would usually sprint to the door, throwing it open in excitement.

"I just need to check something first" Harry said brightly as he walked past her and up to the main door of the Ford Anglia.

The Ford Anglia was as strange as anything else in Harry's life. It had been magically altered so that once inside it was the size of a very, very large mansion. In fact it was so large that even in a year she still hadn't been everywhere, and often found herself lost as she followed her path back.

Harry walked purposefully up to the door and went to grab the handle, but his hand stopped, hovering in the air and inch from the handle for a few seconds.

Slowly he took a deep, long breathe and pulled the door wide open.

"Excellent!" Harry almost yelled as Hermione tried to crane her neck to see past him, but by the time she had managed to rearrange herself in the chair he had slammed the door closed and walked back to her.

"What's excellent?" Hermione asked.

"Means the same thing as fantastic" Harry chuckled making Hermione roll her eyes.

Harry lifted his wand high and as if from nowhere a large cupboard appeared, which Hermione instantly recognized as Harry's general store.

"Are you going to answer?" Hermione said standing up and skipping over quickly to him. Her heart had started to beat faster as Harry started to act weirder, always a sign that an enjoyable trip was soon to come "what's so excellent?"

"Just the fact that I wasn't sucked out into space when I opened the door" Harry said brightly.

"What?" Hermione said in shock "did you think you might?"

"There was a chance?" Harry replied happily as he sorted through a drawer, occasionally stopping to put an item or two into his pockets "it's never happened to me before, but I hear it's quite nasty!"

Hermione shook her head and decided to let the issue go. Then something Harry said struck her and a smile forced its way onto her lips.

"Did you say space?" Hermione asked.

"Most certainly did" Harry said pausing his rooting through drawers to shoot her a mischievous grin.

Hermione's heart almost stopped beating, and performed the Tango.

She had been to many different times, seen many different people, but she had only ever been to space once before. That time though, on the Space Station Aguilera, the Apple Corporation had tried to murder her and Harry, as well as the whole of Planet Earth.

Hermione shook her head as she remembered these events. What was the chance of lightning striking the same place twice.

"So where exactly are we?" Hermione asked eagerly, her eyes traveling over to the door in excitement as if they had a mind of their own.

"Ooohh…" Harry said as he flicked his wand and the cupboard disappeared "I can't tell you that, it'll ruin the surprise.

His hand dropped down out of Hermione's eyesight and the next thing she knew his hand had engulfed hers, his fingers wrapping around hers.

Now her heart was literally dancing the Tango.

"So…" Hermione said as she quickly regained control of her vocal cords "you said you could never come here?"

"No I didn't" Harry said laughing "I said I had always wanted to see…this…I came here in your world"

"So, what happened?" she asked as the door got closer and closer.

"Well…" Harry started, but Hermione already knew what had happened just by his tone and let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back slightly as they carried on laughing "I was honestly minding my own business…not looking for any trouble what so ever"

"When trouble found you?" Hermione said, still grinning even though she had now stopped laughing "usual, I want to kill everyone on the planet so I can make loads of money type of badguy?"

Harry stood still beside the door as he looked upwards slightly before adding "I guess you could say that…it was this creature that tried, and almost succeeded, in draining my eyes of fluid so she could repair her own that was damaged by the sun"

"Completely normal then" Hermione grinned.

"But what's the chance of lightning hitting the same spot twice?" Harry said assuringly.

"You ready to show me this great surprise?" Hermione asked changing the topic. Harry's words were exactly the same to her, and she really didn't want to actually work out hat the chance of trouble really was.

Harry let go of her hand and took one step back, his eyes narrowing as he studied her intensely.

"What are you doing?" Hermione said slightly awkwardly as Harry continued his examination.

"I need to remember you exactly as you are right now…" Harry finally stopped staring at her and stepped back towards the door, his hand wrapping around the handle and slowly pulling it open "because after we see this…nothing is ever going to be the same again"

It felt like Harry had been lying. That the door really opened onto space and that they were now in a vacuum. Her breathe had been pulled completely and utterly from her lungs at the sight directly before her.

Gold and black were the main colors, but the seemed to hold the same place at the same time as they struggled for superiority.

A large dark circle, with a gold halo, floating outside the window was the sight.

"What is it?" Hermione asked, the breathe now back in her lungs "an eclipse?"

"Of sorts" Harry said as he stepped out of the Ford Anglia beside her, his eyes as intensely locked on the view as hers "look closer though"

Hermione followed his advice and gasped. The dark circle wasn't black at all, but only appeared that way due to being in the shadow of the huge Sun. Across the dark circle was patched of dark green and blue with specks of grey lining the continents.

"That's planet Earth?" Hermione said stepping forward again and resting a hand on the glass as if by getting as close as possible to the image she could somehow see it clearer.

"Planet Earth" Harry said. He was still standing next to her, his eyes glued to the miraculous sight.

"But why is the Sun so close?" Hermione asked.

She wanted to look at Harry, to check what he was thinking much better than just listening to his voice, but she found she couldn't. She felt that, however impossible she knew it to be, that if she looked away, even for a moment, then she would never be able to see it again.

She followed the continents, trying to find England or Europe or even America, but found that she couldn't find any country she knew. But that didn't matter. The sun was so close and the gold halo so brilliant and bright that even if she could see her house from here the sight couldn't be anymore beautiful.

Her eyes traced the edges of the Earth, clearly defined in all its brilliance, and she ran a finger along the glass, tracing the outline.

The sun seemed to be too close, and as she got to where about America Australia would be on a normal globe she paused and looked closer.

The ground seemed distorted somehow, with large dips and huge highs and the suns bright light seemed to be able to peer through solid earth at points.

Something wasn't right.

"When are we?" Hermione asked, her eyes finally pulling of the unnatural eclipse and onto Harry, demanding answers.

"To answer both your questions" Harry said slowly, still captivated by beyond the window "the sun is so close to the Earth because the year is five billion and a few hundred million"

Hermione stopped dead. The year was five billion and change? The idea, even to a year long seasoned time traveler like herself, seemed ludicrous. But the evidence was before her eyes. The Earths orbit had changed so much that now it spun, what seemed to be, barely meters away from the sun itself.

"Slowly, over billions of years, the sun has been expanding" Harry started, his eyes slowly pulling away from the Earth and onto Hermione "and the larger the substance the larger the gravitational pull…for example Saturn is large than the Earth and has many more satellites…"

"I get this" Hermione said impatiently. She wanted to hear Harry say the words she knew would be coming.

"Anyway…" Harry started again "the sun got bigger, and the Earth got pulled closer until…well until…today"

Hermione pulled her eyes off Harry momentarily to look at the sight once more. It was so beautiful, but now she could see fire and bright lights spewing around the edges, and she thought she could even make out huge craters littering the continents.

Her eyes went back to the clear green of Harry's.

"Hermione…" Harry said softly, a small, kind smile on his lips "it is now the year five billion three hundred and thirty seven million seven hundred and ninety eight thousand two hundred and nineteen at precisely…"

Harry stopped to look at his watch.

"Seven P.M…" Harry's voice stopped momentarily as he inched closer towards her.

"And by the end of the day…in less than five hours…" Harry said, his voice now nothing more than a whisper.

"The World is going to end"

*

Hey…hoped you liked that chapter…and welcome back all those people who have reviewed so many times, I hoped you liked it…as for any new people, hoped you liked it too!

In my opinion sequels should always be bigger, more dangerous and just all round more fun…and if you're like me on this, and if you liked the first one, then I can guarantee this wont let you down!

Ok, now I know I re-told a lot of the first one in this, but I felt it necessary, but from now on its full danger and excitement all the way…

And before you ask, there will be a lot more `romance' in this story (which by the way is definitely the End!)

Hope you enjoyed it…let me know what you think…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->