Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Genesis: Part Two

"Hermione…" Harry said softly, a small, kind smile on his lips "it is now the year five billion three hundred and thirty seven million seven hundred and ninety eight thousand two hundred and nineteen at precisely…"

Harry stopped to look at his watch.

"Seven P.M…" Harry's voice stopped momentarily as he inched closer towards her.

"And by the end of the day…in less than five hours…" Harry said, his voice now nothing more than a whisper.

"The World is going to end"

Hermione breathed deeply, feeling the blood pumping around her body as she took a moment to really appreciate what had just been said.

Like any other girl born and raised in the 21st century she had always heard that the world was going to end one day, be it from an asteroid in ten years time or from another multiple calamities that seemed destined. But like any other girl born and raised in the 21st century she never expected to be standing there, watching avidly, as it as about to happen.

"The end of the world…" Hermione said, a small smile coming onto her face as she looked at Harry. There was no one in the world, past, present or future, that she would rather be here with "it's probably not going to wait for us…shall we get going?"

Harry looked at her amazed, she seemed to be taking the whole thing a lot better than he had when he had first arrived here. But then again he was very new to this way of life back then, more naive.

"Ok" Harry said brightly "there's a party thing going on through a few doors"

He held out his hand and Hermione instantly took it.

As he started to lead them towards this party, Hermione took the chance to look around. The room seemed weird, all the walls and floors were perfectly empty, all painted in an off white color. It seemed that, ultimately, minimalism had definitely won.

"So…" Hermione started as they walked out through the door and into a long corridor, painted in the same off-white color that was there in the first room "What exactly happened with the eye-monster thing?"

"Oh, nothing really" Harry said shaking his head "it wasn't really a monster…well she was a monster of a person…the millions and millions of years of inbreeding, an almost pure human"

"What?" Hermione asked confused.

"This is more than five billion years in the future" Harry explained "humans have changed a lot in that time due to evolution and cross species breeding…"

"Cross species?" Hermione interrupted him.

"Yeah" Harry said "five billion years is an awful long time, and we're not the only animal on God's green earth. For example Pixies evolved, like Darwin said they would, to flourish in the new environment, which was human owned"

"So they evolved to be able to mix with humans?" Hermione said, slightly worried at the idea of a full grown man having his way with a foot tall pixie girl.

"Kinda" Harry said weighing up his words before he said them "they evolved to actually be more human…they look more like us now, in the most part anyway, and then somewhere along that long line of evolution the two separate lines of animals became three, then four then when more evolved the numbers grew…"

"Please don't say we mixed with Ogres!" Hermione said laughing to herself.

"They died out" Harry said gently "seriously, five billion years is a lot longer than you can imagine, the future is like a different country"

"Where men have sex with animals?" Hermione said laughing.

"So exactly like Wales then" Harry laughed.

"So this woman?" Hermione asked curiously.

"She was one of the most pure humans in the world…except for New Earth anyway…" Harry started to explain "and she refused to leave the Planet even though everyone else already had. One day she looks up at the sun, which is way too close now for comfort, and her eyes melt"

Hermione stopped in her tracks for a moment as the image of melting eyes sprayed across her brain before she remembered that this woman had tried to kill Harry. She carried on walking, now a lot happier with what happened to the woman.

"So why did she want your eyes?" Hermione asked.

"To see" Harry said shooting her a puzzled look.

"I mean cant they just like…" Hermione scanned her brain for the right words "grow her some new ones?"

"Well they could" Harry said if with a evil little smile "if her families bigotry hadn't made them inbreed for so long"

"So there's benefits to Pixie love?" Hermione laughed.

They stopped at a door which didn't open automatically like all the others had. Harry whipped out his wand, waved it over the door and it popped open. Hermione wondered quickly how long it would be before she could learn magic like that.

"You forget about evolution, Hermione" Harry grinned "Pixies are hot"

"You're a guy sometimes" Hermione rolled her eyes "so what happened?"

"Her genes had been ruined by so much inbreeding and they couldn't get an accurate image of them to grow some new ones" Harry said grinning again as he remembered. This woman, whoever she was, hadn't made a great impression on him "so then she bumps into me, and her scans tell her that I was one hundred percent pure human and an adequate donor match, so she did the only thing she could do at that point. She decided she wanted my eyes. She ended up, well, ended"

"And they banned you from this station for stopping a homicidal eye thief?" Hermione said disbelieving.

Harry stopped in his tracks and looked at her, his face indignant.

"How out of order is that!" Harry said nastily before he started to lead them down the corridor once more.

"But if there's one thing I have learnt from my travels" Harry said admittedly "it's if you stop the guest of honor then they usually don't let you stick around for long"

"She was the guest of honor?" Hermione said laughing. Only Harry could go to the end of the world and get into this sort of trouble.

"Last human on Earth" Harry said as he stopped by a door and turned to her. He let go of her had slowly and he had a puzzled look on his face as if he couldn't remember taking it in the first place. Slowly he cleared his voice and said "We're here"

"Which is where exactly?" Hermione asked.

"The last gathering of people to watch the world end" Harry said "ready?"

Hermione nodded as Harry held out a hand and the door popped open. The two of them walked on instantly and looked around.

Hermione, a girl who had just seen the sun and the Earth fractions away from colliding, had to admit that she was impressed.

The room was buzzing with excited talk as if it had been any party she had ever been to, be it in 2007 or in 1066, but this time no one looked strictly human.

To her right was a man with three heads, each one uglier than the first and seeing as the first looked addly like a pig that wasn't saying much for the others. He had a small, fat body with stumpy arms, and was laughing loudly with a friend who Hermione couldn't see as he was dressed from head to toe in black.

To the left stood a group of three blonde, slim and incredibly beautiful women, each with tiny silver wings attached to their backs.

"Pixies?" Hermione asked and Harry nodded slowly as they took another step into the room.

"And who may you be?" a man said to her side. As she looked at him she was even more amazed. He was, in the only words Hermione had, a full sized speaking monkey, reminiscent of Planet of the Apes.

Harry, fortunately, seemed to be expecting both the talking ape and the question and produced his blank piece of `magical paper' and handed it over.

"Oh…" the man ape said impressed and gave them a little bow "its…amazing…that you came sir, ma'am"

Hermione shot Harry a look of suspicion which he only smiled at.

"If there is anything I can do, please feel free to ask" the man said.

"Why, thank you kind man" Harry said gently "but my friend and I like our anonymity"

"I understand, sir" he said with another sharp bow before he ran of through the crowd.

Harry took her hand once more and they started to wander carelessly through the crowd.

"I didn't know how select this party was going to be" Harry said brightly as he scanned each person here and smiled.

"So who are we?" Hermione said laughing.

"I made us owners of Zamthia 9" Harry said with a grin. Hermione shot him a questioning look so he added "the biggest, and most powerful, system in the known universe"

Hermione couldn't help but laugh. The last place they had been they were a boy everyone thought was lost and a duplicate girl, the place before that they had been a Doctor and his Nurse and before that they had been neighboring sheep farmers in Australia.

"Havent we done well for ourselves!" Hermione laughed.

"It's our hard work ethic" Harry joked.

Hermione looked around at the crowd again wondering if any of them were really the owners of Zamthia 9, but there was no way of telling. The person closer to her was less than a foot tall, only inches thick, and had a moustache almost bigger than his whole body.

"This is so weird!" Hermione said nudging Harry "all these civilizations coming from just one world…we were so born in the wrong time!"

"I guess so" Harry said happily "but they didn't all come from Earth"

Hermione stopped in her tracks, let go of Harry's hand and looked up at him in shock.

"Some of these guys, most probably, are what you'd call Aliens" Harry said laughing at her reaction.

"So Aliens are real?" Hermione said in amazement "all those crazy conspiracy theorists got it right?"

"The universe goes on for practically ever, almost infinite…of course life is going to be somewhere out there" Harry explained "life being anywhere near us is wrong, but as I've explained 5 billion years is a very long time"

"I guess it was bound to happen eventually" Hermione said, still slightly amazed as she looked around at the people.

"If you hang around for long enough, everything that could happen eventually will happen"

At that moment they both realized that the room had grown quieter and they saw that everyone was looking to one side of the room.

They saw the man, who also happened to be a sort of ape, step forward onto what appeared to be a stage and the crowd quieted down even more, only slightly whispering coming form it.

"May I take a moment of your time" the man said and the last of the whispering died down "thank you"

Hermione looked around at the assortment in the room. She had done some crazy things before but standing here, amongst these guests and aliens, ranked up there with the best of them.

"I am overjoyed to be introducing our guest of honor" the man paused and the whole room applauded "some know her as the great philanthropist she is, some know her as the greatest Planet Hollywood actress of this millennia…but you all know her as…"

The room quieted down as they stared in eager anticipation of the new arrival.

"The last human of planet Earth…" the man said, his voice bellowing like the ringleader at the circus.

Beside her she heard Harry groan as he mumbled the words oh, please don't.

"The Queen of the wonderful Planet Earth…" the man said even louder still.

Beside her Harry's voice had gotten louder as he repeated the word no several times like he was saying a prayer. He was now speaking so loud in fact that a small crowd around him were now staring at him instead of at the announcer.

"Miss Mady!" the announcer shouted at the top of his voice as he ran away from the stage and the doors behind him burst open to reveal a woman.

The woman was tall, unnaturally so, at about six and a half foot. But this didn't make her seem grotesque at all. Her face was perfectly proportioned and her long flowing dark hair seemed to swirl around her as if it was controlled by something other than air. And every limb was in perfect balance to her body.

Hermione could eve see her dark brown eyes shining across the room from this distance, captivating everyone who looked.

She was, even for Hermione to see, spectacular. Every eye was glued to her as she walked up to where the announcer had been standing, now smiling and waving to the crowd.

"That's her" Harry said, his hand pulling hard at Hermione's shirt.

"Who" Hermione said angrily as she looked at him.

"That's her" Harry said again "the monster!"

Hermione laughed, throwing her head back as she looked at the beautiful woman once again.

"She'd not a monster" Hermione said, still unable to stop laughing "she's amazing!"

"I don't mean she's a monster…" Harry growled, his eyes flicking up to the woman with a scowl "She's the monster!"

Hermione had stopped laughing as she realized Harry wasn't joking. But she still didn't really get what he meant.

"What monster?"

"The homicidal, crazy, eye thief, mad as a hatter, monster!" Harry said as he leaned closer to her.

Hermione definitely wasn't laughing anymore.

"But I can see her eyes" Hermione said, taking a step back and closer to Harry.

"So she didn't look at the sun in this world" Harry said impatiently "she's still a homicidal mad old monster"

"So what are we going to do?" Hermione said, inching closer to Harry "go and arrest her for trying to steal your eyes in a parallel universe?"

Harry paused for a moment, his whole body tensing as if he really wanted to leap forward and put her plan to the action. Hermione held out a hand to stop him.

"Because if we do that we'll be the one's arrested" Hermione whispered into his ear "before being carted of to the asylum"

Harry didn't stop staring at the woman for a few moments, but his body was untensing slightly. Then he took a step back, looked at Hermione and sighed.

"Your right as always" Harry said smiling softly "there's nothing we can do"

"That's not what I meant" Hermione grinned making Harry look at her confused "as you said, she's completely mad so she's bound to be up to something"

"So we take our time, find out what's going on and then…" Harry grinned "Stop her"

"My thoughts exactly" Hermione grinned back.

"Excellent!" Harry said overly brightly as he looked over and watched as someone handed Miss Mady a huge, overly elaborate bouquet of flowers "I say we mingle with the crowd and ask some questions?"

"Isn't there a ceremony or something?" Hermione checked.

"What kind of parties do you go to?" Harry teased "it's like a birthday…she gets presents, smiles a lot, cries towards the end and we all go home"

"Been to them" Hermione said as she remembered all the birthday parties she went to in School with overly excited teenage girls.

"I bet you were one yourself" Harry teased receiving a little punch in the arm from her.

"I have a quick question, if she's the Queen of this Planet, why is she called Miss Mady?" Hermione asked curiously.

Harry didn't respond at first but laughed under his breathe and rolled his eyes.

"She's a female activist" Harry said laughing again "in about 3 Billion AD female superiority really got to its height, and all women in power called themselves Miss in order to show the world that their not controlled by a man. I think it was her Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother that first changed the official title of the queen to Miss"

"And imagine…" Hermione giggled "naming yourself Mad-y!"

"The only thing more fitting would be eye-thief McGee!" Harry laughed.

"You do have nice eyes though" Hermione teased "you sure she wasn't just an impulse shopper?"

"Shhhhhh!" a man, entirely painted in blue did at them, an annoyed expression on his face as he pointed back at the stage where Miss Mady was standing expectant.

"A Speech?" Hermione whispered to Harry.

"That's new" Harry said interested "if there's any mention of my eyes, we're splitting"

Miss Mady took a small step forward to the crowd, her stiletto shoes balancing on the edge of the stage as she smiled, and then went to speak.

"I thank every one of you for coming to this today" Her voice was soft and seemed to float across the room instead of traveling by sound "and Planet Earth thanks you as well"

She paused for a moment as she started to applaud the crowd. Soon the whole room was clapping as every eye was stuck on her.

"Planet Earth is dying, about to be murdered by the sun, and we have all gathered here today to pay our last respects, and to watch her pass away with all the nobility and kindheartedness she has shown all of us for so long" she paused and looked out at the windows at the Earth.

Hermione thought that the sun had gotten closer since she last saw it, and that was under an hour ago. But then again, a life might be full and fun, but the end always came for you, and in those last few moments came on aggressively, snatching you within moments.

"Philosophers from the beginning of time told of how every thing is balanced, how good and evil are always in contest, and how if something begins then ultimately it must end" Miss Mady spoke passionately and even Hermione, knowing her to be an eye thief, felt the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end.

"In our own time scientists, the new age philosophers, know the fact's of energy transference and how everything ends to become something new" Miss Mady spoke slowly.

The whole room seemed to inch closer as if ready for some sort of revelation. The whole room, apart from Harry who stood still, defiant with his arms crossed.

"But what if they were all wrong?" she said, her arms opening up as if ready to hug the whole room.

"Their not wrong" a new voice spoke. Harry's voice.

The whole room turned around and stared at him, confused and slightly insulted.

Miss Mady though was carefully examining him, a soft knowing smile on her face.

"And you are?" she spoke finally.

"Just a spectator" Harry shot back quickly.

She examined him again, slower, more cautiously.

"And why do you think their right?" she asked curiously.

"Because everything does end" Harry said confidently "I will and you will, this planet is like millions before it…this universe will end and one day even time itself will go"

"But just because something does" the woman said smiling as if Harry's words had given her victory "doesn't mean is has to!"

Harry looked at her, bemusement on his face as he watched her address the crowd once more. They were all staring back at her, evidently having been bored by Harry's objections and enthralled by her beauty,

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I beg your forgiveness, for I have led you here under false pretenses" she paused and seemed genuinely repentant.

The crowd looked around at each other, then at Harry, as if asking everyone what was going on.

"I have brought you all here to witness a miracle" Miss Mady said, a grin filling her whole face magnificently "Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight the world was going to die…but instead we will see a miracle… I give you the Genesis Project"

Everyone looked surprised, amazed even. All except Harry.

"Where for billions of years people have failed and thought it impossible, but we alone have now perfected it!" Miss Mady announced to the room.

The crowd no longer seemed like guests anymore but more like subjects of their queen as they watched her.

"By midnight tonight, in under four hours, we will launch it" she said, her voice getting louder, more excited with every word.

"Tonight will not be the death of our planet" Miss Mady paused and looked up through the window. The Earth was now burning faster and more viciously "the planet we love more than anything else in this universe…"

Her voice trailed of as she stood captivated by the image, a solitary tear falling down her cheek.

"Tonight will be the day I give it every lasting life"

"

Hey, so that's chapter 2…

Ok…Is Miss Mady (this one, not the real one) completely nuts or what? Does it sound like she's doing anything wrong? Is she just Mis-understood?

Well, all you have to do is wait to find out…

Hope you enjoyed it…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->