Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Electrical Current: Part Two

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Hermione yelled at the top her voice as she swished and flicked her wand as Harry had shown her.

"I make that attempt number 12" Harry said as he repositioned himself in his chair awkwardly and grinned widely at her.

"This is so frustrating" Hermione said aggressively as she started to wave her hand around exaggeratedly "Wingardium leviosa! Wingardium leviosa! Wingar-dam LEVIOSA!"

Her scream echoed across the many sides of the Anglia and carried through the open doors to the many thousand of corridors that branched of the main room. Harry grinned even more at Hermione as he sluggishly removed his wand from his pocket.

"I make that try fifteen now" Harry said under his breathe as he stood up quickly giving his wand a flick at the door making it slam shut. Turning to face her he said calmly "So we don't wake the neighbours"

"What neighbours?" Hermione said nonplussed as she stood up to join him "We're in the Anglia floating through time and space?"

"Try making the `o' longer…" Harry beamed excitedly "repeat after me…Wingardium Levi-o-sa"

"First, who speaks like that?" Hermione shot back as she stared at him beaming at her in expectation as he let out a loud throaty "and secondly…"

"Go on…" Harry said as he put his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth as he watched her.

"Neighbours? In the Anglia?" she demanded.

"That was shocking!" Harry said in a look of deep disgust at Hermione "none of that even had an `o' in…well, neighbours did but it wasn't very long ago and kinda got muffled with the `u' in the attempt"

"I wasn't trying that silly spell…" Hermione said rolling her eyes as Harry seemed genuinely hurt "I meant the sudden realization that the Anglia might have neighbours!"

"Oh…" Harry said sounding confused for a second before his eyes shot open wide in realization "Oh!"

Harry darted of to his cabinet and started to rummage through the belongings, him throwing them wildly up in the air every few seconds.

"So, are you going to tell me?" Hermione said as she strolled up next to Harry to inspect the terrible mess he was making.

"That? Doesn't matter" Harry said shaking his head dismissively "Even if I did get into some trouble with flesh eating spiders once, lost this Anglia in their den, came back and fetched it a decade later and kept on hearing scuttling every now and again somewhere around here, it wouldn't matter to us"

"Sharing your house with flesh eating spiders doesn't matter?" Hermione said letting out a small laugh at Harry's wide smile.

"We're safe..." Harry said loudly before he momentarily stopped still and added "ish"

"Ish?" Hermione shot back instantly.

"Yeah…safe-ish…" Harry replied brightly again "…kinda…"

"Is kinda better or worse than ish?" Hermione asked as she narrowed her eyes at him. He stopped and scratched his head, deep in contemplation at what he viewed a genuine hard question to answer that deserved his undivided attention.

"Well…" Harry said as he looked back into Hermione's eyes and said with a small shrug of his shoulders "sorta"

"But that means we're safe?" Hermione said hopefully "right?"

"Well…" Harry said scrunching up his face in preparation for another bout of thinking but was almost instantly stopped.

One moment Hermione was watching Harry about to give an answer and the next she was watching the world swirl by, her feet in the air as she plummeted through the air. A loud thud barely audible through the smashing and hammering of the cabinet signalled her land on the ground. That and what would soon become many bruises.

"What is it?" Hermione shouted as she struggled to right herself, trying as hard as she could to ignore the pain.

"It…" Harry shouted back above the crashing and roaring of the Anglia obviously being ripped through time and space. Harry had his arms around the pensieve and was pulling him up "definitely isn't the man eating spiders that live next door!"

"Then what is it?" Hermione shouted back, she was now able to throw herself upright as she held tightly onto the chair she watched as Harry stood towering over the pensieve, the grey smoke reflecting like pure light of his face, highlighting even more monstrously the look of panic in Harry's wide eyes.

"That's impossible…" Harry said, only his mouth moving as the world continued to throw itself back and forth "This can't happen…just cant"

Hermione let go of the chair and threw herself the five feet to the Pensieve, almost losing her balance on the way as the world gave another lurch. With another thud she fell into the penseive and turned her face top look at Harry.

"Cant be" Harry whipped out his wand and was waving frantically over the smoke, over the basin and over the whole thing "impossible, crazy!"

"What is going on?" Hermione shouted over the dim of the world.

"We're being pulled through space and time" Harry said giving the machine one last mighty smash with his wand which Hermione thought might be more frustration than magic "its like a huge piece of rope has been sewn up around the Anglia like a dog lead"

"And now the owner is pulling us back?" Hermione asked as she felt the pitter patter of her heart start up.

Suddenly the world stopped and the pensieve gave a small pop, sending up steam floating through the air.

Harry through out his hands and seemed to try and grab the air as he pulled it closer to his face.

"That cant be" Harry said nonplussed as he gave his hands a second sniff "That's amazing…it cant happen, but its still amazing none the less"

"What can't happen?" Hermione demanded taking a step backwards and making sure her feet were firmly planted on the floor in case it started back up.

"This is the after effect of the rope!" Harry shouted in excitement as he started to poke his left hand violently with his wand "as it lassoed around us the Anglia fought back, that's why the temporal shift was so bumpy"

"It's always bumpy" Hermione added.

"In the process of fighting it off it drew in part of what it was…it was like two energy streams pushing right into one of the other…well, the Anglia is a very fined tuned machine, completely unique in the whole of the universe, adding in an a foreign element was bound to be rejected" Harry said as he stared intently at the pensieve and stroking it softly "the small pop was all the leftover residue being physically expelled"

"So what was it?" Hermione asked taking a step forward.

"You're such a clever, brilliantly fantastically clever machine after all" Harry cooed at lost in his own world.

"Harry?" Hermione demanded.

Harry stopped stroking and turned to face Hermione startled. He quickly let go of the machine and seemed embarrassed at what he had been doing.

"Its electricity" Harry said blushing ever so slightly "simple electricity…the stuff you use to turn on the television back home…you could fly to Tokyo in the 42nd century, turn on one of those incredible robot dogs and it would be using the exact same thing as this…electricity"

"So why did this specific electricity latch onto us?" Hermione asked making Harry beam at her "I mean, if there's electricity everywhere through time why doesnt it just happen every time we travel?"

"Brilliant!" Harry grinned as he pulled her into a tight hug "you, Hermione Granger, are simply brilliant!"

She felt his arms embrace her and wing her back and forth as he put his whole into the hug and smiled.

"But the answer is" Harry said breaking the grip quickly and stepping away from her "is that it can't"

"But it did" Hermione said slowly.

"Couldn't have" Harry said shaking his head determinedly.

"Then how do you explain away the fact that it did" Hermione asked seriously.

"I can't" Harry said as matching Hermione tone "And I never will"

Hermione paused for a moment and saw it in Harry's eye. Something different, something foreign.

"Why not?" Hermione asked inching slightly away form him without realizing she was.

"Because we should run" Harry said, his voice low and dangerous "we should turn around, switch on the Anglia again and run throughout time and space away from here"

"Where are we?" Hermione asked looking around the Anglia as if the room would give her the answers she was seeking "where has it dragged us?"

"No way of knowing…" Harry said, his voice carrying what sounded like defeat "this is beyond all human knowledge…beyond my knowledge, and that's saying something"

Hermione could feel the air in the room getting damper, heavier with each of Harry's words.

"Because however this happened" Harry said his voice now no more than a whisper "it holds no good for either of us…"

Hermione's breathe caught in her throat and made her stop in her tracks. As she looked around the Anglia and felt something she didn't think this place could hold. Fear. Each shadow in the corner of the room, the spaces she couldn't see, all of this now seemed to hold some menacing threat.

And then she saw Harry, beaming in the middle of the room, his hand stretch out towards her. He seemed to lighten up the whole room, as if he was on fire himself.

"Come on" he said with a grin and a wink and without another thought Hermione raised her hand, placed it in his and was pulled towards the Anglia doors. Towards whatever was outside.

"So where do you think we are?" Hermione asked nervously as the doors loomed closer with every step.

"No way of knowing…" Harry said as he paused by the doors for a second before raising his hand and holding onto the silver handle of the lock "the beginning or the end of time… to the first or last electrical impulse that this world could ever have…to the edges of the universe or the blackness of the heart of the void…"

Harry turned his hand and was about to open it when he stopped and looked at her, beaming with excitement. And then he pulled it open and they both saw where they had been pulled.

"Or it could have pulled us to Earth" Harry said sounding a little let down as they stepped out of the Anglia together.

*

Hope you enjoyed that. It was a fun chapter to write as really all I needed to do was to pull them to where the story was taking place so I could really just write anything I wanted! And trust me, sending the duo through time and space on `adventures' doesn't leave me much leeway as they usually are in mortal danger and need to escape!

Anyway, I hope you did enjoy this…and please review! Reviewing means that the writer writes faster, and doesn't everyone want that?

Till next time,

Jms Granger…

-->