Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Genesis: Part Five

She smiled. Well, at least she thought she smiled, could feel her lips shape themselves into one but she had no idea who she was. The dream she had been having had been so good, had filled her so completely.

She had been home. She could remember her mother standing there, safe in their flat they shared. She had come back from somewhere, somewhere far away. Somewhere very far away. But she was home and safe. Along with…

"Harry!" she shouted out as she blinked her eyes open instantly. They hurt from the bright beige walls that seemed to surround her. She had to find Harry. Miss Mady had caught her and would surely be after him next.

"Alas! I got knocked out and caught!" she heard the familiar voice of Harry say from beside her. She spun her head so fast it felt like it nearly came of as Harry focused in front of her eyes. He was tied to a chair with what appeared to be thin strips of metal, just the one over each wrist. As she made to move towards him she realized she was constrained as well "But don't worry…Hermione's out there and she'll save me…"

Harry rolled his eyes at her but his lips gave her a small smile.

"Good to see you!" Hermione said quickly and honestly before she let out a little laugh. Only they could be pleased to see eachother in a situation like this.

"You safe?" Harry asked seriously, the small smile still playing on his lips.

"My head hurts a bit" Hermione answered "how about you?"

"Well someone smashed me over the head" Harry groaned more at being bettered than the pain "so not great"

"Where is Miss Mady?" Hermione asked quickly, wondering how long they had before she arrived.

"She's standing behind us" Harry said with a little backwards nod, as if he was trying to point his head in the other direction like he would with his hand.

"Very good" Miss Mady's sinisterly sweet voice came as the footsteps led in her appearance "How did you know?"

She was staring directly at Harry as if determined to find out all his secrets.

"You breathe loudly" Harry said and Hermione could tell he was desperate to shrug his shoulders for effect.

"I'm afraid that was my colleague" Miss Mady continued as she stepped out in front of them and smiled.

"Pretty sure it was you actually" Harry said in a mock polite tone.

"Ever the joker!" Miss Mady carried on smiling "I guess, that under the circumstance you happen to be in, that it should be commended"

"Thanks" Harry laughed shaking his head with each chuckle "commended enough o be realeased?"

"I'm afraid not" Miss Mady said with a sad little shrug "I'm afraid nothing can make you free anymore"

"Alas, we're doomed!" Harry said overly dramatically "so why have you gone through the effort of capturing us"

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked seriously "I desire to know what you know"

"Plenty of things" Harry said in a noncommittal tone "but not much of it would be of any use to you"

"You two…travellers…are being overly modest" Miss Mady said "I know more about you than you realize…what do you know of what is going on here?"

"That your trying to complete the Genesis Project on the Earth to keep it alive longer than it should" Harry said sternly as if he was telling of a young child for being rude.

"Then you've come to stop me?" Miss Mady.

"Why would I want to do that?" Harry said shaking his head "I don't get it?"

"What don't you get exactly?" she replied angrily as if Harry's question was purposefully stupid.

"Exactly?" Harry said with a low little whistle "Loads of things"

"Name some" Miss Mady commanded.

"You sure?" Harry said in disbelief.

"Definite" she shot back.

"Fine…I'll explain the things I don't get…" Harry said slowly as he took a deep breathe "for starters I don't get the whole split personality thing with Captain Jack in at Worlds End"

"Captain…?" Miss Mady blinked in confusion.

"Or how Dr Emmett Brown built a time machine in the Wild West…" Harry continued.

"Eh?" Miss Mady grunted.

"Back to the Future" Hermione explained.

"Or, to tell the truth, the vast majority of Donnie Darko" Harry said with a sad smile as if this was the bane of his life.

Hermione heard the crack but didn't see the blow. All she saw was Harry's head jerk forward and a spray of red mist shoot from the back of his head.

"Ow!" Harry shouted dramatically "what was that for!"

"He was mocking you, Miss Mady" a male, deep voice said from behind the pair of them "they were classic 20th Century films he was talking about"

"It didn't deserve getting hit!" Harry said indignantly as he scrunched up his face. Hermione could see his right hand stretching against the metal strip, little red lines of blood was pouring from her wrist.

"So you're from the 20th Century?" Miss Mady said with a smile.

Harry looked defiantly at her, his eyes almost shooting out fire in anger.

"If you don't answer, I'll hit the girl" the low deep voice said from behind them again.

"We are" Harry replied quickly, contempt in every syllable of his voice.

"I would never have guessed that" Miss Mady said as she ran her hand through her hair in concentration as she loomed over them "five billion years ago and you're as powerful as this?"

"Thanks" Harry said confidently with a defiant grin.

"I guess walking through the void, living there even for a few brief seconds charged you up some how…" Miss Mady said to herself.

"She knows about going through the void!" Harry said, slightly annoyed as he looked at Hermione.

"I was trying to keep her talking so she wouldn't attack me" Hermione said defensively.

"Ever heard of lying?" Harry said in disbelief.

"She seemed to know" Hermione shot back.

"So you had to tell her everything…just before you gave her your wand I gue…" Harry had begun to roll his eyes when a second crack echoed across the room as Hermione felt her head jerk roughly forward. A second later she felt the warmth of blood fall down the sides of her face.

"STOP THAT!" Harry shouted, his voice loud and full of fury "STOP THAT NOW!"

Hermione balled up her eyes to stop the tears of pain from leaking from her eyes, fires of pain spreading across all the nerves on the back of her skull.

"If you carry on acting up…" Miss Mady said leaning to within an inch of Harry's face "…He'll do it again"

Hermione could see through the edges of her eyes, through the tears, Harry gulp as he tried to hold back the comment he had on the tip of his tongue. Hermione had to be honest when she said she was grateful he controlled himself as another hit to the back of the head like the last one might just be too much for her.

"Can I say one thing?" Harry said after several long seconds passed.

"You can, and must, say many things" Miss Mady chuckled to herself "but thanks for asking permission…I allow it"

"The person behind me should leave" Harry said with a cold dangerous voice "because when I get out… and I will get out… I'm coming for him…"

Miss Mady threw her head back and laughed, the sound vibrating against all the walls as she looked down at Harry in amazement.

"You are simply incredible" Miss Mady said "so strong, so wilful, so irrelevant but yet…so dark"

Miss Mady stared down at him and lowered her face towards him.

Hermione's heart started to thunder in her chest as she thought that Miss Mady might be going for Harry's eyes. And although this fear wasn't acted out the one that was made her heart thunder and clash even more.

She watched as her lips pressed against his, her tongue forcing his mouth open as she plunged it into his mouth. Her hands running through his hair as she pushed her whole face, her whole body, into him.

"And that's Hermione after you when we escape!" Harry laughed as Miss Mady pulled away from him and took a step back.

"That's enough pleasure" Miss Mady.

"Not for me" Harry said under his breathe, his eyes shooting to the side in fear to see if that accidental comment had earned another hit but it hadn't for either of them.

"Now for business" Miss Mady said suddenly sounding very business like as she looked between Harry and Hermione "Why have you travelled here?"

"We just wanted to see the end of the world" Hermione said quickly.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" Miss Mady said shaking her head angrily.

"Hoping, but not really expecting" Hermione said "but it is the truth none the less"

"So…you two travelled here just for fun?" Miss Mady said looking at Hermione closer.

"Yeah" she replied "we're just sort of tourists really"

"Such nonsense" Miss Mady said shaking her head dismissively "only one organisation in the history of the universe has the power of unlimited time travel"

"Oh, we're not any part of an organisation" Harry said rolling his eyes "I tend to get myself kicked out of them"

"You're…" Miss Mady said weighing up her words "freelance?"

"Something like that" Hermione smiled.

"And you come to see the death of Earth as what?" Miss Mady spoke slowly "a fun day out?"

"Not even I can count this as fun" Harry chuckled as he looked around the room.

"Really?" Hermione asked surprised. This sort of thing was usually Harry's favourite way to spend an afternoon.

"Definitely" Harry said to her "I really hate this woman"

"I get it now" Miss Mady said slowly staring into Harry's eyes "you've come from the future to stop me…"

"Why would I have done that?" Harry asked curiously.

"Because…" she spoke quietly "it worked…The Genesis Project worked!"

Harry looked at her for the longest time, his eyes shooting up and down her rapidly and Hermione thought that she could literally see the cogs turning in his head.

"Why would we want to stop the Genesis Project?" Harry asked. Hermione stopped at what she heard in his voice for the first time, fear.

"I get it all now!" Miss Mady said triumphantly "It worked…the Genesis Project…and I…I became a god…"

Miss Mady stopped speaking but Harry waited carefully for her to carry on, to give away a vital bit of information that he needed.

"And I took over the Galaxy!" she finally finished.

"Now, how could the Genesis Project allow you to take over a Galaxy?" Harry spoke quickly as he usually did when he ran the information over in his head "having the sun at the centre of the planet will give you power but not even on the scale needed to take over a few planets let alone a galaxy...unless…oh that can't be…"

Harry's eyes were wide as he stared at her, his forehead scrunched up in a look between fear and anger.

"You're going to compress the sun" Harry said, his voice sounding low and hollow.

"You're as bright as you are handsome" Miss Mad smiled evilly.

"What does that mean?" Hermione said eagerly. She didn't really understand the words but could tell by his tone that it wasn't good news.

"You're mad" Harry said under his breathe as he fixed her with a hard stare.

"There's a thin line between insanity and genius" Miss Mady laughed.

"What's happening?" Hermione asked louder.

"And you are clearly camped out waaaay over the border to crazy" Harry said meanly.

"Harry!" Hermione practically shouted "What is going on?"

"The Genesis Project used a sun to create a new core for a planet, effectively giving it ever lasting life" Harry said quickly, his eyes never leaving Miss Mady as he answered her question "but when Miss Mady wraps the sun in this planet, she's going to make the sun compress unto itself…"

"And?" Hermione said to make Harry continue.

"And at the core of the world won't be lava, or the light and heat of the sun but…" Harry spoke these words at a slow pace giving his words a certain warning feeling to them "will be darkness…and unlimited power…for with this she will become the most powerful person in the universe, a practical God…for a compressed sun, a dead sun, will become a black hole…and she will have that power to control, the most powerful phenomenon in the whole of time and space"

"Can you imagine it?" Miss Mady said, awe filling her words "A dying planet will become a God amongst the universe!"

"Hermione" Harry said turning his head in the chair and locking eyes with her for the first time for a while. His voice was lower and more serious now "I think this is the time I told you something"

"What?" Hermione asked. Her heart was beating faster in her chest at Harry acting weirdly and at all the possibilities of what he could be meaning "What is it?"

"It's just…" Harry said seriously before a wide grin flashed onto his lips "I sooooo told you so!"

Hermione threw her head back and laughed as loudly as she had done in days. This life of hers full of travelling and danger gave her precious moments of laughter and fun that far outweighed the rest.

"I was waiting for you to do that!" Hermione got out as she tried to stop laughing. In the face of danger she had seen so many people buckle and run throughout time, and only very few thrived like Harry.

"When we get out of here…" Harry started.

"How do you expect to survive without your wands?" Miss Mady interrupted angrily, the corners of her lips and eyes rolling inwards to create a menacing sneer as she held up both of their wands before them "Let alone get out of here?"

Instead of replying to Miss Mady's obviously teasing statement Harry shot Hermione a look.

"I only gave you that wand a week ago!" Harry said indignantly making Hermione laugh as she watched Miss Mady turn a furious colour of red "how can you be so careless!"

"I took it from…" Miss Mady started.

"I'm speaking here" Harry said, his voice low and threatening enough to stop Miss Mady from continuing. Slowly he turned back away from her and looked at Hermione once again "So…your excuse Hermione?"

"Um…" Hermione chuckled as she peered from the corners of her eyes at the now beetroot red face of Miss Mady "maybe I put it down somewhere?"

"Miss Mady does seem the kind of person to pick up litter" Harry said nodding to himself.

"Enough!" Miss Mady screamed, her voice rising almost unbearable "I stole it from her after I knocked her out!"

"Then that was the last mistake that you'll ever make" Harry said staring at her, eye to eye, unwilling to blink.

"Are you really going to threaten me?" Miss Mady said, her voice louder and squeakier than previously. Hermione couldn't tell if this was out of fear or the fact that she was amused by him. Either way it wasn't sounding promising.

"Not at all" Harry said shaking his head "Just giving you a warning"

"Meaning?" she said eyeing him carefully.

"Leave" Harry said forcefully "Leave this place, leave this ship and leave this world"

"Why should I?" she said leaning closer to him.

"Because in exchange for you leaving, so will I" Harry said, his face straight and unreadable even to Hermione.

Sound and movement seemed to stop as she watched the two of them nose to nose in determination. Miss Madys face was blank, full of thought and consideration, while's Harry's was full of something different. Something dark.

"Open the window" Miss Mady said finally still not moving from the spot.

Hermione heard what sounded like the gearing up of machines while the beige walls behind her slowly lifted up. The whole wall was quickly gone into the ceiling and now where the wall was before was the sight of the sun and the Earth, closer to joing than ever before.

"You two will watch Genesis happen" Miss Mady said slowly "and then I will deal with you as only a goddess can"

Miss Mady turned and went to walk of behind them towards where Hermione knew the door must be.

"Stop!" Harry snapped angrily "please just leave!"

"You are not in a position to order me to do anything" Miss Mady said softly as she ran a hand over his face. Harry seemed to convulse slightly at her touch but didn't pull himself away.

"Then I'm sorry" Harry said shaking his head as he turned away from her and stared out at the window as he watched the sun burning the earth, coming ever closer to complete destruction "I'm so sorry"

For a moment Miss Mady stood perfectly still just looking down at the motionless body of Harry before she turned and walked past him towards the door.

"Watch the pair of them" Hermione heard Miss Mady say to her accomplice "I'm going to launch the operation and create history"

Hermione heard the door swoosh open from behind them then close with a small thud. They were alone, held captive, with a torturer behind them as they sat watching the sun be burnt and destroyed.

And as a mad woman became a God.

*

Sorry for taking so long to update (I feel I'm having to say that too much lately!) but have had lots of problems lately. My laptop broke, so I had to buy a new one. Then I found out only Word 2007 works with Vista! I was gutted! And this is between baby raising, work and generally having a life!

Anyway…the conclusion comes next, which is quite action packed, and I shall try to get out tonight…hope you enjoyed this…

Till next time…

Jms Granger

-->