Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Electrical Current: Part One

"Ninety-seven…Ninety-Eight…Ninety-nine…" she yelled at the top of her voice. Sally could be very far away so she had to use all her voice power to make sure she knew "One hundred! Coming to get you!

She yelled the last words with all her might as she removed her hands from her eyes and looked around.

The trees were still around as she knew they would be, but when you have your hands over your eyes for such a long time you cant help but get a little scared when you can see again. Her daddy had told her that now she was ten years old that she couldn't be scared all the time anymore, especially as she had to look after her baby sister.

Sally, her sister, was still only a baby and hadn't reached her eighth birthday yet. When she saw her baby sister she couldn't believe that she had been that young only two years ago.

She ran through the trees. She wasn't that far away from the river and knew that the caves would be a good spot for hide and go seek, and she also knew her sister knew of this place as well from last summer when she had been taught to swim.

She reached the river quickly and paused. The water was running fast today, faster than she had ever seen it before and it scared her slightly. She scanned the river edge to see if that professor was here.

"Mr. Franklin?" she called out in hope he was here "Are you there Mr. Benjamin?"

No response came so she started to follow the river down. Mr Franklin was a strange man, and the only grown-up who used to let her call him by his first name. Benjamin was a nice man, but very strange, and she liked him.

Slowly she reached the cave and stopped.

Water had filled the whole path and it looked a little unsafe. But as her father had told her she couldn't let herself be scared anymore so she started to walk towards it.

"Sally?" she called as her feet scrunched over the mud. Water from the river came splashing out all over the stones and floor and she was already wet "Sally?"

She stopped dead in her tracks. She thought she had heard something, a person's voice, and strained her ears once more.

"Sarah?" she heard a voice call out from the cave. The voice was weak and barely more than a whisper as it reached her but she knew whose it was. Her sister Sally.

She couldn't move as her heart beat in her chest and her hands shook through fear.

"Help me…Sarah" She heard her sister say again.

She shut her eyes as tight as she could, hoping that when she opened them she would be somewhere else, anywhere else.

But as she opened them again she was still by the rivers edge, and she could still hear her sister calling for held.

With her fathers voice echoing through her head she took a step forward and then ran towards the cave.

"Sarah!" her baby sister called again, louder, as she entered the cave, but it was too dark to see her straight away.

"Sally, where are you?" she called out scared "what's wrong?"

"Help me!" her sister said and Sarah tried to follow the voice "I'm so scared…please, help me!"

"I'm coming!" Sarah called even louder as she walked slowly through the cave trying to avoid tripping over.

And then she stopped dead in her tracks once again. For she had found her sister. Lying motionless on the floor.

She fell down next to her and tried to take grip of her but her sister slipped from her grip and fell back to the ground. Her sister was soaking wet, so badly that she felt as if she was made from water.

"Sally, are you ok?" she asked desperately.

"Weak…" Sally replied "so weak…can't hold on…"

"Don't talk like that…" she said shaking her head "I'll get daddy"

"No!" her baby sister said quickly "don't leave me!"

She looked at her sister and found herself crying. Her sister seemed smaller than before in a large puddle. It was as if she was melting.

"What happened?" Sarah asked crying as she tried once more to grip her sister into a hug but failed again.

"They…they…" her sister cried out "they…came…"

and then Sarah's scream filled the cave, all thought of her fathers words about being brave gone from thought, as she watched her baby sister, kind young Sally, melt into a puddle of water.

*

Ok, that's the opening…hoped you liked it! If it means anything in enjoyed writing it…

We go to Hermione's point of view next chapter and staying there, so don't worry about that…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->