Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter: Endings by jms granger
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter: Endings

jms granger

Genesis: Part Six

Hermione watched the reds and yellows dancing along the edges of the planet as it consumed it in fire. Hermione wasn't an expert in science, let alone science in the year 5 billion, but she would guess that time was running out for the planet. That must mean that Miss Mady had to put the Genesis Project into action soon.

"What are we going to do?" Hermione asked quickly as she looked at Harry.

Harry didn't reply, all he did was stare out of the window for the longest of times. Hermione could see he was lost in thought and she wanted to let him get to it.

"Aren't you going to reply?" the man from behind said angrily.

Harry still didn't say anything as he carried on staring out of the window.

"Answer her!" the man shouted but still Harry didn't reply "Answer her now!"

Hermione's breathe caught in her chest as she recognized the voice.

"Lord Gattenburg!" Hermione shouted out loudly. She had been speaking to him only a matter of minutes before and she had liked him.

"You…" the man paused before she heard him groan.

She heard the man take a step forward and walk around them into sight.

She haw as the two foot man, entirely pitch black with just clear white eyes giving him any definition.

"It is you!" Hermione said angrily "you hit me!"

"I'm sorry" the man said and Hermione thought she could hear genuine sorrow in his voice "I didn't have a choice"

"You smashed me round the back of the head!" Hermione said in disbelief "and you expect me to believe that you didn't have a choice?"

"You don't understand what she's capable off!" he said in a loud shrill voice.

He had turned to look at Hermione and got closer to her now. Hermione saw that Harry was fidgeting with something out of the corner of her eye but couldn't risk looking at him properly as this would make Lord Gattenburg aware.

"Tell me" Hermione said looking straight into his eyes.

"She…" he said, his voice now full of fear "she get's so angry…once she put a million people into work camps as punishment"

"A million people?" Hermione said amazed "what had they done?"

"Nothing!" Lord Gattenburg whispered "she just wanted people to fear her again!"

"That's horrible" Hermione replied thinking of such a woman in charge of the universe.

"If I didn't do what she said…" he paused as his white eyes opened large and stared of in thought "it would be the end of me"

Hermione's heart gave a jump as she saw Harry appear directly behind him, holding his hand up to his lips to stop Hermione from saying anything.

"Maybe you should run away?" Hermione said trying to distract him.

"With the Genesis Project about to work there would be no place to hide" he said shaking his head.

"You could leave with us" Hermione said bravely making Lord Gattenburgs eyes almost dance in his face.

"I…" he said as Hermione saw Harry raised his fist behind him.

Harry's fist connected with a sickening crack against the back of Lord Gattenburgs head and a mist of green liquid spluttered from his face as the body fell to the floor.

"Why did you do that?" Hermione asked in shock.

"We have a matter of minutes left and I don't have my wand" Harry said dismissively as he fell to the floor and started fiddling with the straps that bound her wrists the chair "and we can't waste anymore time"

"How did you get out?" Hermione asked as he looked down at the body of Lord Gattenburg who still wasn't moving.

"Simple wandless magic" Harry said quickly as he waved his hand over her wrists and both popped up.

She stood up and rubbed her wrists. They were red and blood was leaking slowly from each of them but not enough to be worried. She dropped to the floor and put a hand out on Lord Gattenburgs body.

"Is he safe?" Hermione asked as she tried to find a heart beat.

"Probably" Harry said shrugging "does it matter?"

"You didn't have to do that!" Hermione snapped standing up and looking into Harry's face.

"I guess I could have let him know I was behind him and ask ever so kindly if he didn't mind letting us go so we could stop his boss" Harry said mockingly as he ran a hand over his face to let her know that he was thinking about something else.

Hermione ran a hand over Lord Guttenburgs face and sighed. She knew Harry wouldn't purposefully kill anyone let alone someone he really didn't have to so she knew he was alive and safe.

"We have to stop her" Harry said quickly as he turned to look at her.

"How?" Hermione asked as she stood up and faced him ready for business.

"No idea" Harry said happily as he took her hand in his and started to pull her towards the door that Miss Mady had left through "but we'll start by finding where Miss Mady's gone…"

Harry held out a hand and waved it over the door for a few seconds before it pinged open and they stepped through.

"Then I'll…I mean we will have to get our wands back" Harry said as he waved his hand over the controls and Hermione felt as the elevator started to lurch downwards "and then I'm sure I'll think of something brilliant"

"You know wandless magic" Hermione asked.

"Vaguely" Harry smiled as he magiced a coin into his hand and laughed.

"If you can do magic without a wand, then why do you use one?" Hermione asked. Previously she hadn't thought of this question but since she found that that she would have to carry one with her the rest of her life she was finding this all much more interesting.

"It's a lot harder for one thing" Harry explained kindly "you cant do very advanced magic which makes it kind of useless in a fight…"

"You do love the fights" Hermione teased.

"A wand channels your magic so without one your just, flexing, your power" Harry continued "and after a while it pretty much burns out and needs to recharge"

"Like a battery?" Hermione asked confused making Harry laugh loudly.

"No, we're not robots" Harry stopped laughing as the door pinged open and they found themselves looking out at a long corridor "We're here"

Hermione stepped out of the elevator and looked down the corridor, there was only one room right at the end and she instantly knew Miss Mady would be there.

"Lets stop her" Hermione said as she started to walk forward "times running out"

Harry stepped up into step next to her and smiled at her.

"What's funny?" Hermione asked.

"Just you" Harry said still smiling "I think I'm rubbing off on you"

Hermione laughed as they reached the door and paused.

"Even if you have managed to rub off on me in the last year I still think you should take the lead on this" Hermione said watching as Harry held a hand out over the controls to open the door "after all we are here to see your girlfriend"

"Low blow!" Harry yelled as the door zipped open to show a large room with one side it showing the sun now touching the Earth and having burnt through at least a quarter of it. Hermione realized that the ship was now a lot closer to the sun than before which could only mean that Miss Mady had speeded up her plan.

Then Hermione saw Miss Mady in the middle of the large beige room with her hand hovering over a large red button, ready to slam it down at any moment. Harry stood there next to Hermione looking forward at Miss Mady with a desperate look in his eyes but too scared to step forward.

"So the travellers have found their way to me once more?" Miss Mady said laughing.

"We're can be pesky like that" Harry said confidently.

"I have no idea how you escaped" Miss Mady said ignoring Harry's remark "but at least you came to watch History occur from a better view"

"How can you be so certain that it's going to work and not send us all to an early grave?" Hermione asked loudly getting Miss Madys attention.

"Why else would you have come to stop me?" Miss Mady smiled evilly at her

"We don't know if it works!" Harry shouted "But I doubt it!"

"But you came to stop me because it did work!" Miss Mady hissed at Harry.

"We came to see the end of the world" Hermione said shaking her head "nothing more or less"

"I don't believe you" she screamed out in frustration "I am destined to do this…to create Earth in my image!"

"With a black hole as a heart?" Hermione said sceptically as she looked around the room. She saw a desk near where Miss Mady stood which had their wands laid carelessly on. Hermione looked at Harry and realized that he had slowly been inching his way towards them.

"It is my destiny" Miss Mady aid shaking her head as if she was tired of arguing with a child.

"Destiny is the excuse of tyrants" Harry said taking another small step forward

"I was taught how to do this by the only man who knew how!" Miss Mady said, tears falling from her eyes "He told me that he was the one who saved Terrans, that he created the Genesis Project…and he shared his secret with me"

"That's impossible" Harry said shaking his head sadly "You've been tricked"

"Why are you so sure that you're right and I'm wrong?" Miss Mady demanded.

Harry paused and looked at the woman, sorrow was in his eyes as he stared at her before he took another large step forward, only a few inches from where she was standing.

"Because it was me who saved the Terrans" Harry said slowly. Miss Mady's eyes widened as she stared at him in shock "I travelled there, found them dying and saved them…I increased the temporal shift and brought the whole planet through time…The Terrans are alive! Alive and thriving in the year ten billion!"

"But…but…" Miss Mady said shaking her head "But that means the world will die"

"Everything has it's time…" Harry said softly "I will die one day, Hermione will, and so will the Earth"

Miss Mady eyes shot between them searching for some trace that Harry was lying. And when she didn't find it she gave an ear piercing scream, throwing her head backwards so she was staring at the ceiling.

Hermione walked up next to Harry and fed her hand into his which he clutched tightly. She hadn't guessed that he was holding this secret, but it didn't surprise her. Harry was a hero. Her hero.

"So you were the man in black Lord Gattenburg talked off?" Hermione asked with a smile.

"As I say, simple black clothes fit in everywhere" Harry replied simply.

The scream slowly stopped in Miss Mady's throat as she turned her head down and faced Harry once more, a craziness burning in her eyes.

"So you saved the Terrans, but condemn your own world to death?" she said nastily "so if I'm a god, what does that make you?"

"Me?" Harry said slowly "I'm just a friend"

"You, Harry, the king of questions, do you mind if I ask one of my own?" she said. Something in her tone of voice sounded strange. Like a person who had finally given up on everything.

"Sure…" Harry said slowly. His eyes shot to Miss Mady's hand that was still hovering over the button.

"If I have been tricked into believing that this was the Genesis Project" Miss Mady said slowly "then what was the mans intentions?"

"I…" Harry said confused "I have no idea"

"Then let me guess at this" Miss Mady said smiling "he wanted the Earth to live…he knew that this science of his might work, and he gave it to me"

"You can't know that for sure" Hermione said shaking her head "all you know is that he lied to you"

"The ends justify the means" Miss Mady said. Hermione noticed that Harry was watching her hand a lot closer now "and saving the Earth is worth any price, even my life!"

As she screamed these lasts words Miss Mady threw her hand down too quickly for Harry to stop her. And the room fell silent for several seconds before Harry sighed and walked up to the desk as if didn't have another care in the world.

Harry picked up their wands from the desk and walked past Miss Mady without looking at her.

"Here" Harry said, his voice full of anger as he passed her wand to her and turned back to Miss Mady "you haven't left me with a choice"

"Stop talking like that, I don't fear you" Miss Mady laughed "and you can't stop it anymore, this ship has already soaked up ninety percent of the needed energy and you can't reverse this ship and expel the energy somewhere safe"

"I understand what you did, and as I said you have left me with no choice" Harry said softly shaking his head.

Miss Mady was silent for several seconds as she stared at Harry.

"What do you mean?" she finally asked.

"I have to crash this ship into the sun" Harry replied sadly.

"But…but…" Miss Mady choked out "you haven't got time"

Harry paused and looked out at the window for a few seconds. The Sun had now engulfed nearly a half of the Earth and Hermione thought that Miss Mady might be right.

Harry raised his wand and a second later the whole ship lurched under Hermione's feet and she thought she could feel the ship moving. As she realized that the ship was now moving towards the surface of the sun she could feel her heart speed up.

"Hermione…" Harry started as he turned to Hermione.

"No need to say it" Hermione said as her heart carried on beating rapidly in her chest.

"Good" Harry as he started to walk away.

"What about everyone on this ship?" Hermione said in confusion stopping Harry in his tracks.

Harry raised his wand to his throat and held it against his Adams apple.

"The H.M.S Aguilera the …whatever this one is…" Harry's words filled the room with a deafening volume making Hermione hold her hands to her ears "…is going to crash into the Sun. This is not a drill or a joke. If you do not evacuate in the next ten minutes you will die…repeat, leave right now or fall into the sun and burn…"

"Is that all your going to do?" Hermione asked with her ears still ringing.

"What do you want?" Harry said angrily snapping at Hermione "this ship is going to fall into the sun in ten minutes and I'm not even sure if we have time to escape ourselves!"

Hermione didn't know what to say as Harry went to walk past her to the elevator once again.

"What about Miss Mady?" Hermione asked.

Harry stopped once more and looked back at the mad woman who had put them into this position with nothing but contempt.

Miss Mady was staring out at the window in contemplative silence the whole time.

"She's going to die" Harry said shrugging but his voice sounded angry.

"But…" Hermione said "we can't just leave her to die!"

"Why cant we?" Harry asked in exhaustion.

Hermione noticed beads of sweat dripping from Harry's face and realized that the heat had raised at least ten degrees.

"Because that's not you" Hermione said stepping closer to Harry and taking his hand in hers "you might be a pain, danger prone and rather insane but you…well your fantastic…you throw yourself into these situations because you cant help it, because saving people is who you are"

"But do I have to this time?" Harry asked sighing.

"Harry…" Hermione said with a smile "you have to every time"

Harry rolled his eyes and sighed loudly before turning to Miss Mady.

"Come with us" Harry said loudly.

"I'm staying here" Miss Mady said without turning around from the sight of the sun and earth colliding.

"Come with us and I promise that you will live through this" Harry said now louder and more demanding.

"Your wasting you time, Harry Potter, as I'm staying with my planet" Miss Mady finally turned around and looked at Harry, a blank look making her face look like a mask "and when this ship falls into the sun, and when your watching it happen for fun you will have to watch yourself become a murderer…because that's what you did here, you murdered me"

Miss Mady turned around at the end of this and looked back out at the window in complete silence.

"Lets go" Harry said, his voice sounded rough and ragged as he grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her out of the door and into the corridor where the temperature soared once again.

The heat in this corridor was now getting too great for her, she could feel the sweat putting form her face. Running a hand over her face she could feel the beginning of blisters spreading out over her face.

"We've got to hurry" Hermione said desperately as she let go of Harry's hand and lent up against the wall as they reached the elevator and Harry examined with his hands. Before the door popped open and they walked in.

This room was more like a furnace than an elevator but at least they were getting away.

"This is turning out horribly!" Hermione laughed, the hot air catching in her lungs and making her cough. Harry pressed a button on the elevator and it started to lurch downwards.

Harry didn't reply instantly, instead he looked up at the elevator in deepest concentration. His face was red and looking at his hands she could see painful blisters spreading out over them.

"Can you hear that?" Harry said looking at her.

Hermione closed her eyes and tried to strain her ears. Almost instantly she stopped and listened to her heart thumping its way out of her chest. What's he had heard was the creaking of the elevator as it plummeted across the ship, a creaking that meant only one thing.

"How long have we got?" Hermione asked.

"Seconds" Harry replied quickly "a couple minutes at most"

"But you have your wand" Hermione shot back quickly "you can fix it, right?"

"I don't know" Harry said as he stopped staring at the ceiling and lent up against the wall next to her "a world is dying next to us, a sun is being trapped, and a black hole is in the process of being created…I think there's too much background power for me to have full control"

"So you can't do magic?" Hermione asked seriously.

"Maybe" Harry said breathing heavily as he ran a hand over his face to wipe the sweat of off his blistering face "this power, magic, is linked with us. With me and with you. It's like our soul, and here we are where a whole planet and sun and system is dying around us…think of it like radio waves…a single radio wave amongst thousands, millions, gets lost and loses its power and clarity"

"So you've still got you're power but its weaker and clear?" Hermione asked with a smile "So now you're like me?"

"You forget that you can do magic as well" Harry smiled back.

The two of them slowly slipped down against the wall and sat down with their backs pushed up against the wall as the elevator zoomed towards it's destination.

"If we get out of here…" Hermione started.

"When we get out of here" Harry corrected her.

"When we get out of here" Hermione started "can we go somewhere…fun…for once?"

"Fun?" Harry said laughing loudly "we always have fun!"

"I know" Hermione said chuckling "but can we go somewhere fun and…and a little less work?"

"What?" Harry asked bemused "like a holiday?"

"Exactly!" Hermione said instantly excited "a relaxing holiday…somewhere exotic where we can just relax for a few days…"

"How come?" Harry asked genuinely interested.

"A lot has happened in the last few days, the lat week" Hermione said thinking over the events. She had met herself, the world had gone to war and she had died "I guess I just need to recharge my batteries"

"If you need it, then it's done" Harry said as he took her hand in his and gave it a small squeeze "how about Hawaii…1839…a fantastic year, gorgeous weather, and not a single psychopath in sight"

"That sounds…" Hermione said as she closed her eyes. She tried to pretend that the boiling heat of the ship was actually the sun as she bathed on a Hawaiian beach "that sounds perfect"

"Hermione…" Harry said quietly, uncertain in his voice. Hermione opened her eyes and looked at him, interested by the tone of his voice "we have a laugh, a joke, and generally enjoy ourselves, don't we?"

Hermione nodded and automatically inched ever so closer to Harry as she looked up at him.

"Well…I don't say this often enough…" Harry looked purposefully away from her for a second before his clear green eyes locked on hers "Travelling with you has been the only time I've ever been truly happy…it means… you mean everything to me"

Hermione could hardly breathe, from a mixture of the heat and from Harry's eyes. She could feel him moving closer to her and her brain, frozen in shock, couldn't understand why.

Harry's face was millimetres away from her own when it happened, when the world started to fall from beneath her. When the elevator finally broke.

Her head smashed against the wall, her arms flailing as they hit repeatedly against the floor and the whole time pain spreading over all her nerves.

"Harry!" she tired to shout as she smashed against the wall again and again, like a small ship out at a treacherous sea.

Suddenly the world gave one large final smash as she flew upwards and landed with a small thud onto the solid, still ground.

"Wha-?" Hermione managed to get out as she tried to right herself and stand up but fell over once again

She looked up from the ground and saw Harry stood above her, his wand held in both hands tightly as he raised it to the ceiling.

"Harry…?" Hermione said as she stood up. Looking at him she saw a determined look on his face, his hands were shaking slightly as he held the wand with all his power.

"It's holding…" Harry said through gritted teeth.

His eyes were squinted and his whole body started to vibrate slightly as she held out a hand and rested it on his shoulder, desperate to take some of the strain of him.

"I'm lowering it to our floor" Harry strained to get the words out as every other bit of effort was taken up with controlling the elevator.

Hermione could now feel it moving, lurching slightly every few seconds. She held her breathe, and her tongue, to allow Harry the time to control himself and save the pair of them.

She listened to what should be machinery but couldn't hear even a sound. Harry must physically be making the whole elevator float down the shaft. A difficult feat at the best of times, let alone now and where they were.

"We're here" Harry said, his voice sounding strangely weaker. Slowly he moved one hand of the wand and pointed it at the door which struggled to open completely but still managed to open enough for them to fit through.

"Let's get out of here" Hermione said trying to pull him towards the door.

"Stop!" Harry shouted looking at her "I'm holding the elevator…get out of here now!"

"What about you?" Hermione said refusing to move.

"I'll make a jump for it when you're safe" Harry snapped.

The heat was getting almost intolerable for the both of them, Hermione's t-shirt and trousers were clinging to her body.

"Can't you apparate" Hermione asked in fear.

"No" Harry said shaking his head just an inch "not enough power"

She looked out the door and down the corridor. They were there, only a corridor away from the Anglia and back to safety. She could almost feel the cool air of the Anglia on her skin.

"Then I won't go" Hermione said suddenly looking back at Harry.

"I can't hold it much longer" Harry growled out.

"Then leave" Hermione said "with me"

"What are you talking about?" Harry snapped again, his face flooded with sweat as the elevator lurched down a little bit more.

"We do it at the same time" Hermione said putting her hand in his spare hand and looking into his eyes "We jump together"

"Why is it so important?" Harry asked, his voice sounding a little more controlled.

"I…" Hermione said as she looked down at her hand holding his. The answer was obvious, but how could she say it when Harry was like this "I'm not leaving you…ever"

Harry stared at her for several seconds in disbelief before a smile spread over his lips and he nodded.

"On three?" Harry said as he inched closer to the door.

"One" Hermione said as she leaned her body at the door in preparation. She didn't know how quickly this elevator would plummet when Harry stopped supporting it and could only hope they timed their exit perfectly.

"Two" Harry said leaning closer to the door still.

Hermione breathed deeply. There were millions, billions, of places she's rather be. But no one in the history of time and space who she'd rather be with.

"Three" they said together and leaped forward.

Her body was off the floor as she flung herself forward when a loud cracking, rasping sound happened around them as the metal of the shaft and the metal of the elevator slammed haphazardly against each other.

Time seemed to slow down as she looked flew through the air. She could see the doorway getting slower as the elevator fell to the ground with the full power of gravity.

Closing her eyes she found she couldn't think. This was it. Life or death. The beginning of a new journey, or the end of her life.

She felt the cold hard surface of the floor fall against her as she landed, feeling Harry's body tumble over her.

She was on her back, and even more important she had made it.

She couldn't help but laugh out loud as she laid there with her eyes closed. They had made it, and just down this corridor was the Anglia.

She sat up and looked over expecting to see Harry standing there, grinning above her with a witty remark on the tip of his tongue. Instead all she saw was Harry laying there perfectly still.

She leant over and pulled him onto his back. He was alive and safe but weak.

"Harry?" Hermione asked as she put a hand out onto his face.

"This whole trip is starting to feel less fun than I thought it would be" Harry said with a smile as he looked up at her.

Hermione laughed and enveloped him in a hug.

"Let's get out of here" Hermione said as she stood up and pulled Harry up with him.

Harry fell onto him, using her to support himself. She hadn't realized just how weak he actually was, but he was barely able to put one foot in front of the other and without her body to lean against she doubted he would have been able to make it out of here.

She started to lead him down the corridor. She knew it was quite long, but straight through this door was sanctuary.

"God your heavy" she said jokingly as she pulled him towards their destination.

"I'll let you know I work out!" Harry joked back, but his voice didn't sound convincing. She needed to get him out of here straight away.

"You forget I've spent practically every day with you for the last year" Hermione said lugging him even closer "and I've never seen you work out once"

"You caught me" Harry laughed weakly.

Hermione breathed a sigh of relief as they reached the door. She put out a hand and tired to pull the door open but it refused to budge.

"Harry" Hermione said "you need to open the door"

"I…" Harry said, his voice was breaking up "can't"

He slipped from her grip and fell back against the door.

"This…place…" Harry said, his voice was now full of pain as if he was being tortured by someone at this very second "I opened myself up…my power, my soul…now it's draining me…I need to get back to the Anglia…"

"But you need to open this door!" Hermione said desperately.

"You're wrong" Harry said. He seemed to be fighting to keep his eyes open.

"What do you mean?" Hermione said desperately. Her eyes were starting to water as she looked at Harry, to weak to even hold his own head up.

"I don't need to open that door…" Harry said, his voice barely more than a whisper "…you do…"

Hermione almost screamed when she saw his head fall down on his shoulder as e passed out, but she stopped herself. She didn't have the time to feel anything, she needed to save Harry like he had saved her, like he had saved the whole world, so many times.

She removed the wand from her pocket and looked down at it. She had no idea what she had to do to open this door, but she knew she must find out how.

She held the wand straight out at the door and closed her eyes. She thought back to the last time she had done this, standing at a door, an archway to another world. Desperate to get back to Harry. This time she was desperate to save Harry.

She heard the swoosh and knew what had happened before she opened her eyes, and as she saw what was in front of her, her heart leaped in her chest.

The Ford Anglia stood before them.

She fell to the floor and pulled Harry's arms over her shoulder and lifted him of the ground. Her back was aching, her body threatened to buckle under the numerous hits she had receive, but she was only steps away from the Anglia and she had to make it.

Her legs were screaming out in protest with each step. Her heart threatening to give in with each deep breathe she took.

"When we get back I'm resting for a month!" Hermione stuttered out as she approached the door of the Anglia and fell against it.

With all her last energy she put her spare hand into her pocket, removing the key carefully from it and inserting it into the door.

Before she turned it she looked to the side, to the window she first saw the sun and Earth colliding together. And what she saw made her open the door without thought. The sun now took up the whole screen as the ship prepared to fall into the sun

With a loud grunt she pulled open the door and pushed Harry in.

Falling through after him she felt the cool air on her skin and almost smiled.

But then a thought occurred to her. Could the Anglia survive falling into the sun? Somehow she doubted it.

Hermione sprung to her feet and looked around at the Anglia. She needed to get out of here, to go anyway in space and time. But how?

She looked down at Harry and saw that his eyes were still shut and that there was no way that he would be able to pilot them.

She knew there was only one way thing left. One possible way for them to escape.

Running over to the pensieve she held out her hand and ran it through the grey mist. It felt cold to her skin and it floated over her, a mixture between air and water.

She held the wand up to her head and stopped. How could she pull memories or commands from her mind?

London she thought. But nothing happened.

Take me back to 2007 she thought, but still nothing came.

Take us through space and time to anywhere at all! She screamed in her head.

No rumbling of engines came, no shaking of the world. Nothing at all.

"Why aren't you working!" She screamed at the top of her voice "Work! Damn you! Work!"

As she screamed the last command she was thrown from her feet and onto the floor, the familiar sounds of the mechanics of this wonderful machine and she let loose a loud, room filling laugh.

Harry had told her that this Ford Anglia was different. That it was slightly alive. And it had just managed to save them.

She fell down to the floor and laid won against its cold surface. The cold metal floors stung against her blisters but the pain meant nothing.

Harry had saved the whole world, the whole universe. She had saved Harry. And the Anglia had saved her.

They were a weird family, but a family nonetheless.

And then she fell asleep.

*

She walked through the room. She couldn't remember a time when she had ever been happier than this. Everyone she loved was under one roof.

She pushed open the door and walked into the living room. She had always loved this flat, she had been brought home here straight from the hospital after being born, and every day after had been spent living in this house.

She smiled as she saw him standing in the corner of the room, inspecting her with a curious look.

"Harry, what are-" Hermione asked.

"No" Harry said shaking his head.

She felt a hand on her arm and opened her eyes. The dream she had been having ended and was forgotten.

She lifted up her head and looked straight forward.

"I was just wondering how was the best way to wake you up" Harry said smiling looking down at her with his hand raised out to pull her up.

"Please say you've done something about the blisters all over my face" Hermione groaned as she landed on her feet making Harry laugh.

"I can't remove them as their permanent" Harry said consolingly.

"What!" Hermione barked out in anger making Harry laugh out loud.

"Gotta remember that you're not so fast in the mornings" Harry teased.

"And I have to remember that you try to give people heart attacks first thing in the morning" Hermione said as he she ran a hand over her face to check Harry was telling the truth. Luckily for him she found her skin fresh and smooth.

"So we got out once again" Harry smiled as Hermione righted her top.

"They keep trying to pull us apart and keep failing" Hermione replied as she finished righting herself and stared up at Harry grinning from ear to ear.

"Where do you want to go next?" Harry said "World War Two is full of laughs…well, not so much laughs really but…death"

"I think we'll pass" Hermione said as she looked around the Anglia. It had saved the pair of them like it had did so many times before.

"The Cuban missile crisis?" Harry asked "we can go and annoy those communists?"

"Sounds good" Hermione asked "but I don't feel up to Marxist theory once again"

"And Karl Marx liked you so much!" Harry laughed out loud.

"He asked me for one drink!" Hermione laughed back.

"How about we go and see this worlds Karl Marx then?" Harry asked.

"Sounds good and all" Hermione asked.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked suspiciously "I've suggested three places and you've turned down all of them…that has never happened before!"

"That's not true" Hermione said shaking her head.

"Oh, yeah!" Harry chuckled "I still think watching a U2 gig wouldn't be that bad!"

"It's just…" Hermione said breathing deeply before continuing "the world just ended, people died, and no one was there to see it go…it's just…sad"

Harry stared at Hermione with a grin on his face before he grabbed her hand.

"What is it?" Hermione asked as she was pulled hastily across the room towards the door.

"You'll see" Harry said as he let go of her hand as they reached the doors and held the handle "I know you so well!"

As he finished saying this he pulled open the door and the sight made Hermione gulp.

It was the sight she had just been seeing through windows as the sun engulfed the Earth.

"Why aren't we being pulled out?" Hermione asked as she held out a hand and poked it through the door.

"I've created an invisible barrier that acts like a trans-dimensional barrier allowing nothing to pass through but allowing flexibility in case someone pushes a hand past" Harry explained. There was only a small part of the Earth left now, only a few seconds left of the Earths life.

"So a glass window then?" Hermione teased.

"Pretty much, but my way sounded more impressive" Harry said his eyes stuck as the last few remnants of earth was burnt up in a crisp.

"That's it" Hermione said as her eyes scanned for any earth but every last scrap had now been burnt up "that the end of Planet Earth"

"Everything has to end" Harry said as he dropped his hand down and held Hermione's hand "but something's are so wonderful that their never forgotten"

Hermione took a deep cleansing breathe as she looked out at the Sun burning away as if nothing had changed. Harry was right, everything did have to end eventually, but something's lived past their lives in the memories of others.

In that regard, her and Harry would be live forever.

"I have an idea!" Harry laughed suddenly as he shut the doors and ran over to the Pensieve.

"What is it?" Hermione laughed excited as Harry wheeled around the machine whipping out his wand and raising it to his head.

"Woodstock!" Harry laughed "you wanted relaxing and how can you get more relaxed than that!"

"That's a great idea! I've never been attacked by a group of hippies!" Hermione teased.

"At least we'll have a good soundtrack for once!" Harry laughed as he dropped the grey mist into the machine as Hermione threw herself into her chair as her world started to shake violently back and forth.

With the commotion of her world being ripped through time and space she smiled. It was the most relaxing feeling in the world.

*

So that's the conclusion to this adventure. Hoped you liked it!

Next adventure starts straight away, and their going to America to meet a very famous person…but trouble awaits them in the form of something completely new to them…

Till next time…

Jms Granger…

-->