Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dumbledore Answers Harry by witowsmp
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dumbledore Answers Harry

witowsmp

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J. K. Rowling, not me.

Dumbledore Answers Harry - Chapter 14 - Good Dreams

"Harry!" he heard as he was tackled into a big hug by a girl with bushy brown hair.

He hugged her back. "Hello Hermione. It's great to see you!"

"It's great to see you too!" she said, backing up as Harry's cheeks became slightly pink.

Before he could respond, he was pulled into another big hug by a certain red-haired girl. "Hello, Harry! I've missed you so much!" she said before kissing him on the cheek.

"I've missed you too Ginny. Both of you."

"So," said the redhead backing up and looking intently at him. "Are you gonna show us?"

"Show you what?"

"Honestly, Harry," said Hermione. "What you've written us about. The way you tricked Dudley."

Harry smiled. "Oh. You want to see that."

"Of course!" the girls said together.

Sirius laughed. "Looks like you're gonna have to change forms for your girlfriends. They're not happy with how you look now."

Both girls paled. "No, that's not it!" said Ginny winking, "You look really good!"

"Yes," said Hermione, "Especially without your glasses."

Harry's cheeks turned red at that statement. He decided to give them a show. He closed his eyes and changed his face to look like Hermione's, and gave himself long, Weasley red hair that looked just like Ginny's. The girls giggled at that appearance, which didn't really look right, and then Harry switched to Ginny's face with Hermione's hair. The girls and Sirius laughed at that.

"Can't you change your whole body?" asked Ginny.

Harry, still with Ginny's face, blushed as brightly as the youngest Weasley ever had. "Er, I'd, well, have to do, um, research to make sure everything looks….correct." Sirius laughed out loud. The girls blushed. Harry hid his head.

Hermione finally said, "You don't need to do research in that area anytime soon."

"I, er, didn't say I was." Deciding to change the subject, Harry lifted his head. "How's your summer been? Hermione, when are you leaving for your holiday?"

"Trying to get rid of me already?" she asked with a wink, which caused Harry to blush just a bit more.

"No, no. I just know how much you were looking forward to visiting France. You made it sound so interesting; I wished I was going with you."

"Me too," said Ginny, "You're SO lucky! I wish my family was going on a vacation."

"Then you'd be leaving me too," said Harry with a fake pout as he changed back to his normal form.

"Well," said Hermione sadly, "I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I'm sorry that I won't be here for your birthday. Maybe I'll be able to floo like last year."

"I hope so," said Harry, looking her straight in the eyes.

Ginny grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him to the sitting room. "Why don't we get more comfortable and talk? I'll bet you can do a lot better faces than that. Why don't you become your uncle?"

"All right," he said, allowing himself to be led away. "I'll have to transfigure my clothes first, though…"

Harry entertained them for about an hour while Sirius went to his room. He did funny faces, as well as scary faces and they acted funny scenes out. He became Voldemort with his breathing problem, attempting to dance a ballet while wearing a pink ballerina outfit. Then he became Snape wearing a white wedding dress.

-

The girls stayed with him all day, although after lunch they all (including Sirius) went to the Burrow for a Quidditch game. After the match, Sirius, Harry, Hermione, and the four youngest Weasleys were on their way to the pond when Ginny exclaimed, "Look at that owl!"

There was a snowy owl that looked similar to Hedwig flying toward a window at the Burrow, but the letter it was carrying was very colorful and had a red bow on it. They turned around to find out what it was and who it was from. When they got in the house, they saw Mrs. Weasley sitting on the couch appearing to be in shock, staring at the letter she was holding in front of her in disbelief.

"What is it, Mum?" asked Ron.

"It…it was from the Daily Prophet. It seems we won their Grand Prize Galleon Draw!" she said excitedly.

"That's wonderful!" said Harry as a genuine smile crossed his face. The others expressed similar sentiments.

"Well," said the very happy Weasley matriarch, "We're going to have a special supper tonight!"

Everyone was volunteered to help the preparation, whether they were cooking or setting up tables outside. Even Percy was dragged out of his room by Molly and forced to help, although he glared at Harry every chance he got. Harry, who knew that the git blamed him for losing his chance to be Head Boy, grinned back. "I wonder who the head boy will be," said Fred.

"I know someone in our family made it to that exalted position," said George.

"We all thought that Percy…"

"…who's got a bigger head than anyone…"

"…would've made it. But instead…"

"…he thought he'd enjoy watching little girls getting beaten up by Slytherins."

"Now boys," said Molly, not sounding very sincere, "stop reminding your brother of his foolish decision. Hopefully he's learned from it."

"He hasn't," said Ginny. "Judging by how much he's been glaring at Harry."

Percy scowled at his sister. "I have not."

"How 'bout if I not hex you the way you've not been glaring at Harry?" said Ginny with a look that even scared Percy.

"Fine!" said Percy as he set the last dishes on the table and stormed back to his room.

"You need to be easier on Percy. He's got to come around on his own."

"He's not coming around. He simply thinks Harry stopped him from being head boy, and that's the end of the world for him. He genuinely thinks he did right."

Mrs. Weasley sighed. "Hopefully one day he'll come around, but nagging him all the time won't help. I want you to leave him alone."

"Honestly guys," said Harry, who'd been silent, "His glares don't bother me a bit." Then he added with a smirk, "If they did, I'd give him another black eye."

"Harry-dear," said Mrs. Weasley, half-yelling, half-laughing, "I'd really rather you didn't. It's rather inconvenient to look up the spell for fixing that."

Ron said, "Harry didn't say you had to heal it."

-

A little while later, Arthur Weasley's hand on the clock changed from work to traveling to home. The door opened and Mr. Weasley cheerfully said, "Good evening Weasleys!" After he took a look around he added, "Good evening Sirius, Harry, and Hermione."

At that moment, Molly, with a big smile on her face, gave him a hug, along with a passionate kiss that shocked Harry and Hermione, who'd never seen those two kiss before.

"Oi! Mum, dad, get a room!" said a disgusted Ron.

They separated and ignored their youngest son while Mrs. Weasley said, "Do you remember that Daily Prophet contest we entered last month?"

"Of course, Molly. Did we win a few Galleons?"

"We won the Grand Prize!"

Arthur fainted on the spot.

-

After a quick 'enervate,' Mr. Weasley was back on his feet. They had dinner in the back yard as was planned while they discussed what to do with the winnings. Percy suggested saving it but was quickly shut up. In the end, the Weasleys decided to visit their oldest son Bill in Egypt, since they visited Charlie in Romania on their last vacation.

-

When Hermione was about to floo home, Harry made sure to hug her goodbye and say, "Have a good trip. I'll miss you," and quickly kissed her on the cheek, causing both of them to blush.

Hermione threw down her handful of floo powder. "Granger residence." She disappeared.

"Harry," said Ginny with a strange look in her eyes. She ran up to him and embraced him. "I'm gonna miss you while we're in Egypt. I'll make sure to send you a souvenir." She kissed him on the cheek quickly before letting go of him.

"I'll miss you too, Ginny, but I'm glad you got your wish. I hope you have a wonderful time in Egypt."

She smiled at him. "Thanks."

At that moment, Sirius walked up to them. "I think it's about time we got back home."

After they said their goodbyes, they took Harry's portkey back to Potter Manor.

-

That night Harry was happy to be in his own bed. He'd transfigured the one at the Dursleys' to be a lot better, but it just wasn't the same as being in his own room in his own house. He was sad that his friends were all going on holiday, but at least he wouldn't be with his enemies. As he thought about this in his comfortable bed he drifted off to sleep without reinforcing his occlumency shields, as was his custom before bed.

-

As he dreamed, he was running through Paris looking for something. He looked in every bookstore, library, and restaurant, but couldn't find it. He got desperate and started asking everyone he could find if they knew where it was. They asked him what he was talking about, but he didn't remember. He finally decided to check hotel rooms for it. He had just blasted the first door away when he found himself opening a different door.

He looked around and saw shelves full of thought spheres. Harry knew he'd been in this place before and felt excitement that he knew wasn't his own. He had to pause for a minute to catch his breath. The walk had been a bit tiring for him. He looked around to see that two uniformed Death Eaters were standing beside him waiting patiently, knowing that if they complained they would soon regret it. He started walking again, and he soon approached the sphere labeled,

'S.P.T to A.P.W.B.D.

Dark Lord

and (?) Harry Potter'

The excitement that Harry was feeling reached a new level as he grabbed the thought sphere in triumph and then activated it with his wand. A ghostly figure rose up above the sphere. It was a twelve-year-old boy with messy raven-colored hair, green eyes, and glasses. Harry felt Voldemort's anger upon seeing this. He started breathing very heavily.

"Hey Tom! I thought you might want to find out why you can't kill me! It's because you're a worthless piece of Slytherin crap! A cowardly murderer who tries to kill babies! Here are the exact contents of the prophecy." The figure then flipped him off with both hands. "You may be interested to know that I destroyed the sphere with the prophecy. Bye for now Tom, I can't wait to kill you!" This time the rage woke Harry up just as the thought sphere was shattered.

Harry screamed as his scar felt like it was on fire. He instinctively put his hand over the lightning bolt. He closed his eyes and silently began working on his occlumency, reinforcing his shields. Within five minutes, he was feeling better, and was able to laugh at Voldy's anger over his new 'prophecy.' He was surprised that Voldemort had risked going to the department of mysteries himself, but then he guessed that someone must have told him that only he and Harry would be able to touch it. Chuckling, he wondered if he could get Riddle out of breath when they finally fought, as the beginnings of a strategy formed in his mind. He determined to make sure that he was in the best possible shape he could be in, so he decided to increase the distance that he ran every day.

-

The next morning when Sirius came down to breakfast, he found Harry already eating.

"Couldn't wait for the old man, huh?"

"My exercise gets me hungry. Last night, I fell asleep without working on my occlumency, and had the best Voldemort dream ever!"

"What?" said Sirius in disguise, "How could a Voldemort dream be good?"

"He went to the department of mysteries and retrieved my prophecy."

Sirius laughed. "What did he think of it?"

Harry faked a hurt expression. "I don't think he liked it. He was smashing it when I woke up."

"Well, I hope he didn't destroy the building or something out of fury."

"Na. I think he was about to crucio his two buddies. He didn't want to waste time there, but he did have to take at least one break to catch his breath."

"Well, I guess he didn't have a good night then."

At that moment an owl flew into the house delivering the morning paper. The front page had an article about random Death Eater attacks of muggles, but the article that caught Sirius' attention wasn't about that. "Hey Harry, come take a look at this."

"What is it?"

"Dumbledore's passed the new school policies. It basically says that whenever a student is injured, they, along with every witness, will be given veritaserum in front of Dumbledore and all the heads of house and asked how they were hurt. If it is found that another student injured them, that student will be brought in and questioned under veritaserum as well. If it was intentional or while harassing the victim, the guilty party will be sent home for the rest of the year and have to retake it if they return, even if the term was almost over. If the injuries are life-threatening, the ministry will be apprised as well, and may choose to prosecute the bully to whatever extent the law allows given the circumstances, especially if they're of age. If they ever do it again, they will be expelled."

Harry brightened up, but then frowned. "But what about if we defend someone and hurt others in the process?"

Sirius smiled. "It also says that defense of self or others will never result in punishment again. As long as the Slytherin either hexed or hit someone first. Also, they'll request pensieve memories of the incident as well. Just don't hurt them after they're down. You may wish to stick with stunning and body-binds that don't actually harm people if possible."

Harry nodded thoughtfully. "Hey Sirius, you never told me about the Horcrux hunt."

Sirius smiled. "I wondered when you'd ask me again."

-

Please review. Thank you to those who have.