Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heart That Doesn't Mend by yomoedmb
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heart That Doesn't Mend

yomoedmb

Disclaimer: This is my first novel. I am warning you though that it is explicit with some sex scenes and there are drugs involved, so if you don't want to have anything to do with that then just go ahead and hit the backspace, otherwise do enjoy! And leave reviews so I know that what I'm doing is good. Thanks! Oh and I own nothing that has to do with Harry Potter.

She walked into the room with everyone staring at her. So everyone has heard about it then, Ginny thought to herself while crossing the common room to go to her dormitory. People whispered to each other as she passed and gave her sympathetic looks. I could have done without those looks. Her eyes started to fill with tears and she practically ran up the stairs to her room.

She was relieved her roommates weren't there because she immediately collapsed onto her bed in tears. The same thoughts kept running through her mind: Why did he have to die? Why was it him that had to be chosen? It could've been anyone, but it was the one boy I loved. Her body shook fervently with her sobs. It seemed every time she managed to quiet her thoughts and was sure her tears had finally run dry, new pangs of guilt and sadness made her eyes flood again.

After three months of fighting that felt like an eternity, the war had finally ended just a week ago. The duration of the war Ginny had spent either held up in tents traveling with everyone, or actually out on the field by Harry's side fighting. Harry had finally agreed to let her join in the fight when she pointed out that with her by his side, he would have his love with him on the battlefield and this might help in defeating Voldemort. Ginny had had no idea that although their love would defeat Voldemort, that love would destroy Harry too.

It had been a cold misty morning when Ginny woke up in her tent. She noticed Harry was no longer beside her and left the tent to look for him. When Ginny finally found him he was sitting and staring at the fire with a brooding look on his face, and she felt a pain in her heart. This boy, no, this man, had her heart, and he had a horrible thing to do. She walked over to Harry and sat next to him and nudged him with her shoulder.

"Oh, you're up," Harry said giving her a light kiss and staring at her with eyes full of sadness.

"Talk. You can't get away from me. I have you stuck here," she said, looking at him with challenging eyes.

He hesitated and stared at the fire again before he began talking. Harry knew Ginny was inescapable when she wanted to know something. After a few minutes he finally sighed and looked at Ginny.

"Today's the day. I know it is; I can feel it. Voldemort is finally ready to face me after so many of his followers have been defeated, and I don't know how any of the plans will work. I have hatred towards him, but too much heart to effectively perform an Unforgivable Curse." He paused and looked back to the fire while postponing what he wanted to say to her next. "Ginny, promise me something."

Ginny hesitated for a second. "You know I'll do whatever I can."

He looked back up at her with tears in his eyes. She was completely taken aback, having never seen Harry show weakness before. "If anything happens to me today make sure I'm put next to Dumbledore, and everything I own is put to you and Ron."

"Harry don't say that. You're going to survive and defeat Voldemort, and we'll make it through together." Ginny had tears pouring down her cheeks while saying this. She wasn't sure who she was trying harder to convince - Harry, or herself. "You destroyed all of the Horcruxes and have defeated so many Death Eaters. You're going to win this war and be everyone's hero, especially mine." She smiled at him through the tears, trying to reassure him.

"Ginny, whatever happens just know that I love you. I have for so long now and if I do survive I want to marry you," Harry said while wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"Let's not talk about this stuff right now, Harry. I will marry you, you know that, and I love you with my everything." Ginny stood, taking his hand to pull him up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him with her everything.

Harry kissed her back, sensing in the back of his mind this would be his last day with her. He pulled away and took her to their tent. They both knew what was to happen between them and decided they didn't care if people heard them. Harry looked deep into Ginny's eyes and started to lovingly undress her and made passionate love to her.

Harry made sure to put kisses in places that he had never voyaged to before. He lovingly caressed every part of Ginny, thinking nothing of him but of the beautiful girl lying under him. At first he rubbed her clit the way he knew she loved and she bucked wildly against him. Harry knew every spot that Ginny loved; he had memorized her and at this moment was glad he had paid so much attention to her. Soon Ginny couldn't take it anymore and begged Harry to fill her with what she so desperately needed, him. Obliging to her request he slowly entered her looking deeply into her eyes. He gave her long full slow strokes just wanting to be with her for as long as he could. In his mind the longer he made love to Ginny the longer he really lived.

Ginny had become his main reason to fight and to stay strong over the months of wandering through Britain. After he had broken things off with her at Dumbledore's funeral his dreams were haunted with her face through the months he gone destroying the Horcruxes. When he had gotten back he had told her that he would do anything in his power to keep her safe as long as she would forgive his mistakes and be with him. Ginny had agreed without a fight since she had become frail from loneliness with him being absent.

With these thoughts wandering through his mind he couldn't control himself anymore and pounded into Ginny just the way she loved it. He made sure to hit the spot that drove her crazy. With hearing his name coming from her mouth he poured his love into her body until she was filled and he collapsed next to her breathing hard.

Ginny wrapped herself around him, pulling him close to her body knowing the thoughts flowing through his mind were probably realistic. The tears started streaming from her eyes again, but she stemmed them before he noticed.

Ginny was torn from her memory when there was a knock on the door. She quickly sat up and tried to brush the tears away. But the tears were coming faster than her fingers could sweep them away, and were still falling down her cheeks when Hermione entered their room. She walked over to Ginny and sat on the bed next to her. Ginny leaned into Hermione and sobbed everything she felt out - the guilt, the pain, and the breaking of her heart tear in her chest. Hermione wished Ginny would speak her pain instead of crying it out. She was sure she could be more helpful if she knew exactly what Ginny was thinking. Hermione knew she was undoubtedly the luckier of the two. In a sense, they were both cursed for they had lost Harry - someone they both loved dearly - but this fate had delivered love to Hermione, not stolen it away. The war had brought Hermione and Ron closer together and had broken down the walls of friendship and let them finally recognize the love they had for each other.

"I just don't understand. I feel like I'll walk into the common room and see him sitting there waiting for me, but I know he won't be, and it's because of me Hermione. It's all because of me." Ginny said this through shaking sobs and wails of pain. For a moment, Hermione thought Ginny might be ready to finally talk about what happened.

Suddenly Ginny sat up and pulled away from Hermione as if she had been shocked. "Hermione, would you please leave? I just need to be alone to think about this, I'm sorry."

Hermione hesitated on leaving her alone with such guilt and heartbreak waving through her. While she wouldn't think that Ginny would do anything to harm herself physically, she knew that Ginny was slowly drowning herself in guilt and anguish and that was almost as bad as death itself. "If that's what you want Gin, but you know you can always come to Ron or me if you need something."

Ginny nodded and lay back down on her bed while Hermione left. She then proceeded to sob herself into a haunted sleep.

-->