Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Heart That Doesn't Mend by yomoedmb
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Heart That Doesn't Mend

yomoedmb

By the time she turned around to see what Harry was looking so frightened by, she saw Voldemort smirking as he began to raise his wand at her. She started screaming and raised her wand to point at the enemy.

"So you're the woman he loves? Goodbye little girl," Voldemort sneered at her and then said, "Avada Kedavra!"

Before the Killing Curse could hit her, Harry had dove in front of her and took the curse full fledged in his chest.

"No!" Ginny screamed and looked up at Voldemort who had a pleased look in his eyes. "You fucking bastard!" She didn't even realize that she had risen her wand back up at him. The words slipped easily through her lips with hatred coursing through her body at this snake in front of her.

In an instant the Dark Lord was in a pile on the ground. Slowly she realized she had performed the Killing Curse on him - she had defeated the darkest wizard that had ever lived. Realizing this, she sunk to Harry's body on the ground.

"I'm so sorry Harry! This was my fault! If you hadn't loved me you never would have died this way, he never would have attacked me. I love you Harry! This was all my fault…" She trailed off whispering her guilt out to the one boy who had her heart. She sobbed on his dead corpse and kissed his forehead.

After a few minutes, when everyone realized what had happened, she was being pulled away from Harry by firm hands. The hands' owner carried her away from the field and then sat her down in his lap. Ginny cried on the robes of her rescuer and kept whispering that it was her fault.

"Ginny it wasn't your fault. Just calm down, please. He made the decision to save your life on his own, and you returned the favour by killing the man that had killed him and his parents. You're a hero Ginny," cooed the man holding her.

She looked up at the person holding her, expecting to see her father, or a brother, or even maybe Lupin. But when she looked up, her eyes connected with those of a light grey hue, and she recognised the white-blonde hair instantly. Instead of being scared she felt comforted by Draco's hold on her and buried her head in his robes again to cry.

Draco kept smoothing her hair down and whispering comforting words in her ear. When she looked back up at him again she acted without thinking, and kissed him with all her might. Almost as fast as the kiss began, it ended with Draco pulling away, looking back into her eyes.

"That won't make it all go away Ginny," he said to her. Although in the back of his mind he wished it really would make it all go away.

"I know… that was thanks for comforting me and taking me away from it all," Ginny said to him softly.

He ran a hand over her cheek to remove a tear and went on with what he was saying. "I know what will make it all go away though, it's what I use to help the pain," Draco said pulling out a couple of pills from his pocket.

"What are those?" Ginny asked, a curious look emerging through her tears.

"They won't harm you; they'll just make you feel better."

Accepting anything that would help ease the pain she was feeling inside, she took the pills from his hand and swallowed them down.

Hermione looked at Ginny in shock when she finished the story. She had narrated the flashback to Hermione, but decided it better to exclude the fact that she had kissed Draco minutes after Harry's death. "So Harry jumped in front of the Killing Curse that was intended for you and you killed Voldemort?"

Ginny nodded and looked up at Hermione with guilt in her eyes.

"Then you picked her up and carried her away to comfort her and gave her drugs? What drugs were they Draco? How do I know your intentions are good towards Ginny?"

"Why would I hurt her Hermione? She's the only person that looks at me like a human being anymore."

"You didn't answer my question Malfoy," Hermione said firmly.

"Ginny, what did those pills do to you? Did you feel like you were being harmed at any time?" Malfoy insisted to Ginny.

"No, they made me feel light and like I had no troubles. I was fine the whole time I was on them Hermione. Draco has done nothing to hurt me."

"Okay, so you aren't hurting her. But Ginny, what are you doing about the baby?"

"I'm keeping it of course, it's the last of Harry's bloodline and I want to keep it going for him. I owe it to him to give his child life."

Hermione looked at Ginny and was surprised to see her smiling again, although it wasn't the Ginny smile she was used to. The skin on her face was pulled tightly and her eyes were filled with sorrow that would probably never leave. Feeling content about knowing what happened, and that Ginny was safe and cared for in Draco's presence, Hermione left Draco's room to fill Ron in on the latest news. Before she left she looked back at Ginny and asked her about informing people about the baby.

"I'm going to wait until Christmas break to tell the whole family. You can tell Ron since I know it will kill you not to tell him, but make sure he doesn't tell anyone. Oh, don't tell anyone at school, although I'm sure they'll find out through the weight gain eventually."

"All right Ginny, but you might want to warn McGonagall and tell Madam Pomfrey, they need to know about the condition you're in."

Ginny nodded and watched Hermione leave the room. She then turned around and looked at Draco. He knew what she wanted.

"Make me forget again Draco."

He looked at her hesitantly and walked to his drawer full of Muggle pill bottles. "What about the baby Ginny?"

"I researched it Draco, I put a protective spell on my womb for the baby. The pills won't hurt the baby, they'll just help me." She held her hand out expectantly to Draco, and he dropped two white pills in her hand and took two for himself. They swallowed them together and talked while they waited for the high to come.

"Where did you get these from Draco? They're heavenly," Ginny said turning over on the bed to look at him.

"Oh, I have my connections for everything you can dream of," he smirked at Ginny with a devilish look in his eyes.

"So what other drugs have you done?" She asked him wanting to know how to forget even more.

"We could be here all night if I listed them all Ginny. Let's just say I've dabbled in everything and this is what I prefer out of all of them, painkillers are my saviour."

"What are these exactly?" Ginny asked, as her words slowly glided together.

Draco smiled as he watched her pupils growing smaller and knew she was feeling the high. "These are what the Muggles call Vicodin. They're a painkiller - that's a downer. When used recreationally they put you in an almost euphoric high where there are no cares in the world."

Ginny smiled knowing this feeling well. Before she knew what her hands were doing she had moved a strand of blonde hair away from Draco's face and smiled at him.

"You know what Draco? I thought I'd never know happiness again when I saw Harry die and then I had to commit murder, but with you I'm happy again. With you I know everything will be alright again. And although I know I will never stop loving Harry, I know I will eventually move on." Fire burned in Ginny's eyes, the passionate fire that Draco recognized all too well. Ginny had been looking at him with that passion in her eyes since the day Harry died. This made him feel guilty.

Even though he and Harry had never been friends he knew that without him he probably wouldn't be where he was right now, which was laying next to a beautiful, seductive redhead.

"That's the high talking Ginny. Think before you do something you'll regret."

"I'm tired of thinking Draco, all I do is think, and cry. I think of memories and what I will do with this baby and my future. I want all thoughts to go away."

With that Ginny crawled across the bed to pin down Draco. The fire was blatant in her eyes now as she bent her head to touch her lips to Draco's. He hesitated at first until he took her idea to heart - don't think, just do.

Draco kissed her hard back and captured her tongue in his mouth and sucked on it. A moan leaked from her mouth and she fought back by biting his lower lip. He growled and started to grab her backside roughly and hungrily. His hands moved up her soft back while he moved her shirt out of the way. Her hands were grabbing at his shirt, trying to get it over his head. He stopped kissing her to let her get the shirt out of the way and ripped hers away with one smooth motion. Draco looked back into Ginny's eyes and saw not only passion, but a flicker of something else he had never seen before, it was soft and endearing.

Ginny let her hands roam his well toned chest while she sat straddling him. She bent down and rained his exposed skin with kisses. She moved from nipping his neck and collar bone, down to his well-defined pecks. Using her tongue she travelled further down his stomach and sucked at the skin around his pelvic muscles. While doing this she started undoing his belt, and then his jeans. She looked up at him while she pulled his pants down and discarded them.

"Boxer briefs?" she asked, her eyebrow raised questioningly at him with a smirk. He smiled and nodded at her. His breath caught when she threw away the topic of conversation and looked with interest at the present she had unwrapped. Slowly she gazed up at him with a devilish look and surprised him when she took him into her mouth. He groaned her name and rubbed her head as she made smooth movements with her mouth. Ginny looked up at him again when she took him as far into her mouth as she could.

Before she could do anything again he pulled out of her reach and pinned her under him while connecting their mouths again. He fumbled behind her back for her bra and unclasped it, then threw it across the room. Draco looked at the beautiful orbs with appreciation. For being such a petite girl she sure was well endowed in this area.

Ginny squirmed under his gaze and he took this as a signal while he put an aroused nipple in his mouth and suckled it. She whimpered and he moved to the next one. While lavishing her breasts his hands worked on her jeans. He undid them with one hand and put his hand down to caress her through her knickers. She was obviously as excited as he was given the condition her undergarments were in. Ginny hastily drew down her panties for him before he slipped a finger into her.

Draco worked furtively on her bundle of nerves while pulling his fingers in and out of her. Ginny squirmed even more under this attention and grabbed Draco's hair. She then let out a scream that meant she had reached climax.

Draco pulled his fingers away and waited for Ginny to regain her composure. When her eyes finally fluttered open he licked the fingers that had explored her. Ginny's eyes flew open in surprise and arousal, and drew him to her. She kissed him eagerly and positioned him over her again. Draco pulled away from the kiss and looked deep into Ginny's eyes, as if trying to read her mind to make sure this was what she wanted.

"Please Draco, I need you," Ginny whispered, looking back into his eyes hungrily.

There was no better sign than this, he thought. He entered her slowly and enjoyed the intake of air she took while she felt his girth. He pulled back out just as slowly, watching her face that pleaded that he fill her again. Draco smiled at the radiant girl beneath him and entered her again with more force. Ginny whimpered and closed her eyes with a mischievous smile on her face. Draco began to thrust in and out of her while watching the pleasure on her face.

Ginny sighed and moaned with every move he made. Draco picked up his speed and put more of himself into her, causing her to scream out loud as she raked her nails down his back. Draco growled and slammed into her causing her to hold on harder. He kept up this pace until he heard her scream his name. She clenched her inner muscles around his penis which made him climax right after her.

Draco collapsed on top of her and started kissing her all over her face. She smiled at this sign of affection and kissed his sweaty cheek.

"Bloody hell Draco, is that what I was missing by not being in Slytherin?" Ginny joked between gasps of air.

Draco laughed, "No, that's what you were missing by being sober."

"Well, I never want to be sober again," Ginny said full of honesty.

Draco looked at his lover with a warm feeling flooding through him. Ginny had taken him by surprise. This innocent, broken girl had turned out to be his match. She wasn't innocent, she was open to exploration and she wasn't as broken as he had formerly thought.

Draco slid off of her and lay on his side to pull her in close. He kissed her shoulder and sighed in content. Soon sleep fell upon them, the best sleep either of them had had in a very long time.

-->