Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4

spacegal

A/N 1: I'm sorry in the lateness of posting this chapter - I had finished this too late and sent it to my beta, which in turn, didn't have enough time to beta my story before Monday - my apologies - I'm back at college and because it's the first couple of weeks - it means we're heading straight into the practical.

A/N 2: If you really think that Mia is a Mary-Sue or becoming like one - PLEASE let me know! I can't change my characters unless I know what their problems are - don't just say that she is becoming a Mary-Sue - that is NOT helpful and it doesn't inspire me to change her because I don't get what is wrong with her.

A/N 3: I don't like the ending of this chapter - I have my doubts about it but the problem is - it is needed for the later chapters so, just bear with me, please.

Chapter 14: Clues, Second Task and a Secret Revealed.

Harry sighed as he made his way into the prefect bathroom with a towel draped over his shoulder along with a pair of cut off jeans. His egg was in one hand while he held a shirt in the other. He came to a stop just next to the large round bath that more resembled a shallow pool rather than a bath.

Harry looked at all the taps that surrounded the bath and noticed that they contained different bubbles and scents. He reached over and found the larger taps that switched on the cold and hot water and watched as the bath slowly filled itself up. Harry looked around self-consciously before he reached over and turned another tap, filling the bath with blue bubbles that didn't give off any scent at all.

Once the bath was filled, Harry switched off the taps and stood up and stripped himself naked, leaving his clothes on the side next to the towel and shirt. He slid himself into the water, allowing the heat to soak into his body.

Harry closed his eyes as he leaned his head back on the edge of the bath and let his mind drift, memories washing over him.

The memory of when his name came out of the Goblet of Fire. He couldn't help the small rage that ran through his body but quickly calmed back down. He wasn't as angry as he used to be about it.

Yes, he hated the fact that he had to put his life in danger yet again - for no good reason this time but for other people's entertainment. But he couldn't be bothered to work up the energy to be angry all the time - no, he had other things to worry about.

His mind went to Hermione and he frowned softly when he remembered the fear that appeared in her eyes when she told him about Viktor Krum and the feeling of someone stalking her. She was scared and it made Harry angry that the man couldn't leave her alone.

Hermione didn't need anything else to worry about - she was already stressed out about Harry being in the championship; she didn't need an idiot harassing her. Harry sighed as his thoughts drifted back to earlier in the day when Mia had received a letter from Sirius after she had explained the situation to him.

Sirius had advised them to tell Professor McGonagall so that she could take it to the appropriate person and make sure that it didn't happen again. They hadn't done it yet because they'd all been busy making sure that Hagrid showed up for his lessons, Hermione and Mia doing their elemental lessons and Harry trying to find time to get to the prefect bathroom so he could uncover the clue to the next task.

With this in mind, Harry opened his eyes and saw the egg still sitting next to the bath. He sighed and lifted his hands out of the water - time to get on with it.

Harry took the egg and eyed it closely once again before he looked at the water and wondered what was it he was supposed to do.

"You're supposed to dunk it in the water," a female voice spoke up, startling Harry. He spun around to see a familiar ghost hovering near the water taps.

"Myrtle?" Harry asked and got a shy giggle in return. "How long have you been standing there?" Harry demanded and Myrtle rolled her eyes.

"I covered my eyes when you got undressed and into the water," Myrtle told him. Harry just nodded, not once believing her as he turned back to the egg.

"So, I'm supposed to bury my head in the water with the egg?" Harry asked and Myrtle nodded in agreement. Harry just raised an eyebrow about that but shrugged it off. He took a deep breath before he dunked his head under and pried the egg open.

Instead of the usual raspy shrill voice that had appeared each time he had opened it, a gently soothing female voice sang from the egg.

Once the song was over, Harry's head came out of the water with a gasp. He continued to gulp in the air that his lungs needed before he was able to settle down and breathe normally. He rested his back against the wall of the bath as he thought about what the message had said.

"So, basically they are going to take what I sorely miss," Harry muttered to himself before frowning softly as he raised his eyes and looked the window that had a glass stained mermaid on it and sighed. "Great, mermaids now."

"Wow, you caught on quicker than that other boy did," Myrtle told him and Harry arched an eyebrow at the young ghost, who would have blushed if she still had the ability to do so.

"Make a habit of spying on people when they come to the prefect bathroom?" Harry asked Myrtle dryly and she rolled her eyes.

"No - but I do haunt the bathroom every now and then," Myrtle explained and Harry nodded in understanding as he closed the egg, brought it out of the water and sat it down on the edge. He flopped back against the edge of the bath and sighed again, thoughts swirling around the dark message of the next task.

Myrtle frowned as she watched emotions flitter over Harry's face before she sighed and moved closer to Harry. "You're worried." Harry looked up at her, startled.

"Is it that obvious?" Harry and Myrtle nodded.

"I see people, despite what everyone thinks. I know that that Viktor guy has been harassing Hermione. That the new boy is interested in Mia and she's interested in him yet she holds herself back. I see your frustration over being forced into the Triwizarding Tournament," Myrtle explained and Harry gave a sad smile.

"Can you see the future?" Harry asked, causing Myrtle to return the sad smile as she shook her head.

"I wish I could but I can say that it will get better over time - it has to," Myrtle told him and Harry nodded, glad that she was trying to help him cheer up. "I'll see you later Harry." With that, Myrtle disappeared through the drain, leaving Harry leaning against the back of the bath, staring at the glass stained window of a mermaid.

************

Harry found himself walking through the hallway the next morning. He had made his way back to the common room after relaxing for a while in the bath. He had almost bumped into Moody on the way back and was curious to why Moody and Filch seemed to be having an argument.

Harry was lost in his thoughts when a male voice called out, attracting his attention toward the newcomer.

"Harry!" a male voice called out and Harry turned to see Sirius walking toward him. Harry let out a huge grin.

"Uncle Sirius!" Harry greeted as he hurried over to his uncle and gave an excited hug to the elder man. "What are you doing here?" Harry asked as he pulled away.

"I'm not going to be able to be here for the second task," Sirius explained and he saw Harry's face fall slightly at this. "Sorry, but Draco has sent me some leads and I need to check them out. I decided to come here and spend the day with you all instead."

Harry nodded in understanding - he knew that it wouldn't be easy for Sirius to be there at every task.

"Harry!" a female voice called out and Harry turned to see Hermione hurrying toward him with a look of panic on her face. She came to a stop and gave Sirius a quick hug before she looked at Harry.

"Hermione?" Harry asked, concerned.

"A unicorn has been killed for its blood!" Hermione whispered to them so that only they could hear her and the pin dropped for Harry.

"Voldemort," Harry whispered and Hermione nodded. It was the only explanation for what had happened to the unicorn and Sirius raked a hand through his hair.

"That's what I was worried about," Sirius told them and they looked at him. "There have been quite a few unicorns being killed. Lupin found out about it and informed me about them. It's correlating with what Draco has told me - Voldemort has found a way to come back."

"God," Hermione groaned as she pressed her hand to her forehead as all her fears just seemed to crash on top of each other. Harry just reached out and drew her into a hug.

"I'm going to be okay - we're all going to be okay," Harry whispered. Hermione just nodded as she clung to him while Sirius watched them with a sad expression on his face.

**********

Harry was on his way down to the lake with Mia and Neville by his side. Neville handed Harry some green looking weed that reminded Harry of the apple lace sweets you could buy in the muggle world.

Harry and Hermione had hit the library after the news of the unicorn's death. Mia had met up with them there and left with her father because Sirius had wanted to talk to her about what was going on with her and the boys. Neville had shown up later and had questioned Harry about the second task. He had found a way for Harry to be able to breathe underwater - Gillyweed.

"Don't eat any of it until you are a few seconds away from being in the water - it works instantly and you don't want to be on land when it starts," Neville warned Harry, who nodded.

"Okay," Harry told him before he looked around the area. He spotted Ron standing with Dean, Seamus and the twins before he frowned slightly when he couldn't find the person he was looking for. "Have any of you seen Hermione?" Harry asked as he continued to look around but Mia shook her head.

"Professor McGonagall wanted to see her this morning," Mia explained and Harry nodded in understanding as they moved closer to the dock where the champions would be starting the next task.

Mia shivered slightly when she saw the lake before shaking her head. Harry just reached out and wrapped an arm around her.

"Don't worry - you won't need to go in the water," Harry assured her and got a playful glare in return.

"Only if you don't drown yourself - it does get a bit tiring having to save your butt all the time," Mia teased him getting a bump in the hips from Harry.

"Watch it little sister - I'm older than you so I can always pull rank," Harry warned her playfully with a teasing smirk on his face.

"But you still love me, right?" Mia pouted, causing Harry to roll his eyes.

"I hate you," Harry muttered as he enveloped Mia in his arms. "You have got to be the most annoying little sister on earth."

"Back atcha big brother," Mia retorted as she wrapped her arms around Harry's waist. "Don't go killing yourself though - annoying big brother or not, you're still my brother and I don't want you dead."

"Don't worry - I'll be fine," Harry told her as he pulled away and looked into her blue eyes. "Keep an eye out for Hermione. I don't like the fact that none of us really know where she is." Mia nodded in understanding as they moved closer to the edge and she took Harry's cloak, leaving him clad in his swimming outfit.

"Harry - remember, you can't come out of the water until the gillyweed has worn off," Neville whispered to Harry and Harry nodded as he clapped Neville's shoulder.

"Thanks for helping me out," Harry told him but Neville shook it off.

"No thanks needed - you're a good friend and I don't want to lose you," Neville told him and Harry grinned back as they both remembered the late night talks they shared when everyone else had gone to sleep.

"Attention!" a loud male voice called out and everyone quieted down as they all turned to see their headmaster standing there with his wand next to his neck, amplifying his voice. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the second task!" Everyone cheered. "Our champions have been allotted a time limit to where they must go into the water, retrieve their 'sorely missed' and make it back to the surface before time runs out. Champions, take your marks."

Harry, Fleur, Cedric and Viktor made their way over to the edge of the dock and waited. Harry lifted his gillyweed and shoved it into his mouth just as Dumbledore gave the signal to go.

The horn let out a huge noise and all the champions jumped into the water. When Harry landed in the water, he stopped for a moment to get his bearings and for the transformation to take full effect so he would be able to breathe properly underwater.

Harry looked at his hands and feet and saw that they had become webbed and felt his neck to feel gills. He gave a short smirk before he swam off like a shot, following his instincts.

Up above the water, Ron was currently holding Mia to him as she wrapped her arms around his waist, comforting her.

"He'll be fine - everyone will be fine," Ron assured her and Mia nodded, not once taking her eyes off the water as she waited for Harry to surface.

Harry moved deeper into the lake, keeping an eye out for any danger when he saw faint outlines near the bottom of the lake next to a sunken ship. Pushing on faster he quickly neared the shapes and could make out four hostages apparently sleeping in the water.

Harry could see a blonde girl - he guessed it was Fleur's little sister. He noticed that Cho Chang was there as well and frowned slightly when he saw Ginny, wondering why she was there. When his eyes landed on the last figure, however, his heart stopped.

Hermione was, like the others, in a deep sleep. Harry moved over to her and touched her cheek. He looked around for something to free her before he grabbed his wand and was about to cut the rope holding her in place when a mermaid got in his way, looking furious.

"She's mine!" Harry shouted at the mermaid but the mermaid shook her head, pointing to Ginny. Understanding dawned on Harry and rage coursed through his body, causing the water surrounding him to start heating up as fire raged behind his eyes.

The mermaids and mermen hurried away and Harry sent a severing charm at Hermione's rope. He drew her in and held her close to his body before turning around to see Cedric making his way over to them.

Cedric used the same spell to free Cho before he took her up. Soon after that Harry saw a shark heading towards them. When it got close, however, it stopped and Harry saw that it was really half human, half shark and guessed it was Viktor.

Harry glared at the shark as he looked between Harry and Ginny before he moved over to Ginny, cut her rope and swam up with her.

Harry looked around the lake for Fleur and noticed that time was ticking by before he made up his mind and swam over to the small girl and cut her free before he made his way back to the surface with both females.

Soon he felt slimy hands sliding around his ankles and legs. Startled, Harry looked down only to see several squid clinging to his legs, holding him down. He had broken a rule and taken two hostages when he was only supposed to take one - apparently the squid weren't going to let him get away with that.

Harry fought the squid the best that he could with two hostages in his arms, but had to let out a gurgled cry when he felt his gills closing up and pain started to shoot through his body - the gillyweed was beginning to wear off and the squids' tentacles were beginning to sear his skin.

Desperate, Harry threw the two females up towards the surface and grabbed his wand as he pointed it downward and cast out a spell that had the squid swimming away.

Harry was about to raise his wand when his lungs began to fill with water and his strength started to deteriorate. Harry looked toward the surface as he felt himself floating down. The edges of his vision started to turn black.

Hermione gave a startled gasp when she woke up, her eyes blinking in the sunlight as she looked around, dazed, wondering what had happened to her when she heard people calling her name.

Hermione turned, only to realise that she was soaking wet and in the lake. Frowning, she saw a young blonde girl looking around with tears in her eyes and that Mia and Ron were standing at the dock, shouting her name.

Hermione reached over to the girl and gently tugged her along in the water until she reached the edge of the docks.

"Where's Harry?" Mia asked as she and Ron helped to pull Hermione out of the water. Neville and Seamus helped to pull the younger girl out.

"I don't know, I only woke up when I came out of the water," Hermione explained as Mia wrapped a towel around her and Mia swore.

"Fucking tasks," she muttered as she stood up and dove into the water.

"She's scary," Neville stated and Ron snorted out a laugh as he grabbed another towel and wrapped it around Hermione, who was beginning to shiver.

Mia made her way into the water and started tearing at her clothes. Once she was naked, her legs started to meld together. As she shifted in the water, the sunlight hit it the water at the right angle, revealing a white tail. She swam her way down to where she could see the small squids swimming around.

Harry looked up toward the light and saw a figure making their way toward him. He opened his mouth and bubbles came out just as a hand grabbed his shirt and yanked on it, pulling him up to the surface.

Everyone watched as Mia and Harry surfaced. Harry coughed and spluttered as he coughed up water while Mia held onto him.

"You okay?" Mia asked and Harry sighed.

"When I get away from this damn lake, I will be," he muttered as Mia swam over to the dock, pulling Harry with her.

"Here you go," Mia told them, and Ron and Neville reached down and pulled Harry up onto the dock. Hermione, Seamus, Dean and Ron all grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Harry as he shivered.

"You took so long down there," Hermione whispered as she held him close, just holding on.

"Are you ever going to come out of there, Miss Black?" McGonagall asked and everyone looked down at Mia, who was still in the water and got a sheepish grin in reply.

"Erm, I can't," Mia admitted and Harry's eyes widened in understanding.

"Mia, you didn't!" he exclaimed and got a glare in return.

"You were drowning!" she shot back. "I didn't have a choice!"

"What are you talking about?" Dumbledore asked, concern written over his face and Harry sighed as he turned to face them.

"Mia's a half mermaid," Harry admitted and everyone turned and Mia was on her back, flapping her white tail at them before she dived underwater again and popped up with a shrug. "She's technically naked and as none of us have any spare clothes with us, she can't walk on land at the moment," Harry explained and noticed that a water beetle fell from Hermione's hair and into his lap after this announcement. He frowned before he flicked at it, sending it into the lake.

"But…" McGonagall started.

"My mom's side," Mia explained. "I never said just what kind of half blood she was," she reminded.

"Dear Merlin," McGonagall told them with a shake of her head before she waved her wand and transfigured a long robe. "Here, put this on. It's better than leaving you here in the lake until someone comes by with clothes," she explained.

Mia arched an eyebrow as she saw all the boys, apart from Harry, Ron and Draco, looking a little eager.

"Erm, Professor, I don't really want to give the boys a peep show," Mia explained and McGonagall waved her wand once more and the boys found themselves facing the other way, no matter how hard they tried to face the lake.

Harry just buried his face into Hermione's neck as he bit back his laughter and Draco rolled his eyes in amusement.

McGonagall leaned down on the stand as she helped Mia wrap the cloak around her body before she helped pull Mia out of the lake and onto the dock.

Everybody watched as Mia's white tail slowly faded away and her legs came back into view. She wriggled her toes before she looked at Harry and Hermione.

"Come on Ariel, lets get back up to the castle," Harry remarked, causing the muggleborns to catch on and start laughing while the purebloods just looked confused. Mia just rolled her eyes as she stood up only to find herself swooped up in a pair of strong arms.

Confused, she traced the arms up to see that they belonged to Hunter.

"Put me down," Mia hissed. Hunter looked at her.

"Sorry, no can do. You can't expect to walk back up to the castle barefoot, can you?" Hunter asked as he fought to keep the squirming Mia in his arms.

"Yes I can. I'm not so helpless that I need someone to carry me," Mia informed him.

"But I thought women liked to be swept off their feet," Hunter replied slyly only to get an irritated glare in return.

"Put. Me. Down. Or I will kick your butt!" Mia snapped.

"Here, I'll carry her," Cedric spoke up as he moved closer to them and tried to take Mia into his arms. But Hunter just took a step back and didn't hand her over.

"No, it's okay - I can handle her," Hunter stated. Mia just arched an eyebrow at him, annoyed.

"She doesn't want you to carry her. I'll carry her - she knows me," Cedric argued back as both boys glared at each other. Mia, meanwhile, was getting even more annoyed.

She managed to wriggle her way out of Hunter's arms and found herself settled firmly on the ground.

"Oh for goodness sakes!" Mia exclaimed as she shoved both boys away from her. "I'm a big girl... I have been walking perfectly well on my own for years! A few stones are not going to kill me!" With that, she stormed off, holding her robes tight around her in irritation.

"And life is getting better each day at school," Draco muttered, causing those that overheard him to look at him in shock. "Hey - do any of you remember what she was like last year?" Everyone winced in understanding.

"Kids, lets get you up to Madame Pomfrey to get you checked up," McGonagall told the champions and their hostages, gaining nods of agreement from them before they all hurried over to the tent, eager to get warm.

************

The champions and the hostages were being looked over by Madam Pomfrey to make sure that none of them had suffered down in the water. She had checked over Mia first and claimed that Mia was fine - she just needed to get into some warm clothes and allowed the younger woman to leave.

Once Madam Pomfrey had checked out everyone else to her satisfaction - they were all fine - she started on Harry. She wasn't happy with the situation when she found that he had burns from squid and made that fact very clear to the headmaster, the ministry and to Crouch.

Once Madam Pomfrey had healed up Harry's wounds and given him his strict instructions on the cream that he would have to take in order to keep the wounds healing, she had left them to go back to her hospital wing and make sure no other students had turned up during her absence.

Harry and Hermione sat close together on a chair as they watched a war break out between McGonagall and Fudge. Apparently Mia's being a mermaid was a "secret", and it had Fudge hopping like mad that there was a half mermaid walking on land and no one had thought to inform the ministry about it.

"Why would she?" McGonagall demanded as she turned on her heels and glared at the minister. "She knows exactly what you would do to her - class her as a dangerous creature and put her in a locked room where she could be experimented on. Especially considering the fact that mermaids and mermen usually are not exactly friendly people."

"She still should have warned us - she needs to be registered as a mermaid," Fudge informed the Gryffindor house head but this only infuriated her even more.

"Why? So you people can go to her house any time you want and arrest her for being a dangerous creature? Or to kill her when you feel that she has become too unstable? Or to make sure she can't get a job in this world because she isn't 'normal'?" McGonagall asked heatedly. "No, you will leave my student alone. If I catch any of you near her or Mia comes to me saying that people are bothering her about her situation - you will regret it!"

"Professor McGonagall…" Crouch started but Dumbledore stood up, cutting their conversation short.

"Miss Black only revealed herself as a half mermaid because Mr Potter was in danger. I am sure that Miss Black rarely uses her mermaid form," Dumbledore looked over to Harry and got a nod of confirmation.

"Mia won't use it often at all - she doesn't like it because of the urges she get when she changes into her mermaid form - Uncle Sirius said that Aunt Callie refused to change into her mermaid form too," Harry explained and Dumbledore nodded.

"And I trust that you will all leave Miss Black alone - I'm sure we all realise that she has enough problems on her plate. I would rather have my school in one piece at the end of the year," Dumbledore informed them, shutting the ministry representatives up and getting a pleased nod from Professor McGonagall.

"Actually - while we are on that topic," Harry spoke up and everyone looked toward him, shocked to see that he was angry. "Who the fuck thought that I would actually miss Ginny and made Hermione Viktor's hostage?" Dumbledore frowned at this - he had thought that it had been arranged for Viktor's brother to be his hostage.

"Harry?" Hermione asked in confusion and Harry turned to her.

"When I went to cut the ropes, the mermaid there stopped me and pointed at Ginny. Apparently I was to save her while Viktor was to save you," Harry informed her and Hermione felt her jaw drop at the implication. She turned around to face the others gathered in the tent.

"Well?" Hermione demanded.

"We wanted to make sure that you weren't overestimating your relationship," Crouch informed the younger man. "Mrs. Weasley seemed insistent that we should swap hostages at the last minute." Dumbledore's face paled slightly at this before he sat down on his chair.

He knew that he and Harry had a long way before they could fully form a bond of trust. He admitted that he wanted Harry under his control, but as he watched how everyone made Harry who he was, he knew that Harry was in good hands already. When Voldemort came back, he would be no match for Harry.

"Here's the part that you all seem to be missing," Harry informed them. "Hermione and I are dating. You can try all you want, but you will not break us up. If I catch any of you pulling another stunt like this, you can guarantee that I will leave Hogwarts and go to another school where no one will try and control me."

"Harry…" Molly started but was cut off with a cold glare.

"And if you try that stupid argument about how Ginny and I are perfect for each other, you will find your mouth removed. Permanently. I'm sick and tired of listening to you go on about your perfect daughter when she has done nothing but make me sick!"

Ginny let out an insulted gasp before she turned her head away from Harry as pain shot through her psyche. She couldn't understand why Harry was denying their love for each other. She looked toward Harry and saw that he was hugging Hermione close to him and watched as he smiled slightly at something she said and kissed her softly on the lips. Ginny looked away, disgusted.

***********

At dinnertime in the Great Hall gossip was flying all over the place. The revelations and suppositions created by the second task were causing a social frenzy.

Hunter was sitting at his table, staring at Mia, deep in thought about his feelings for the younger female.

Hunter didn't understand what it was about that girl that just drew him to her. Ever since he had arrived at Hogwarts, he found himself looking at her without even realising it. She was sassy and fiery, which often made him wonder just how fiery she could get when she wanted to be.

Hunter knew that she had a barrier up around her and the only people she seemed to let close to her was her brother, her best friend and that Ron Weasley kid. He knew that he had no competition from Ron because the two of them weren't interested in each other.

Hunter knew that Mia was one-of-a-kind. She said what was on her mind and didn't give a damn about what people thought of her - something that impressed Hunter because girls these days just seemed to be more concerned about their looks. But man, that girl could go to town when she wanted to.

He watched as Cedric walked up to Mia and handed her something. Mia smiled up at him before saying something and Cedric grinned back before he left, leaving Mia alone. Hermione leaned into Mia, looking over her shoulder to see what Cedric had given her only for Mia to hide it when the boys tried to look in too.

Hunter looked over at Cedric and saw that he was talking with Cho. He couldn't help but feel confused about the two of them - they flirted with each other, yet Cedric was together with Cho.

"What's up with you?" a male voice asked and Hunter turned to see one of his classmates sitting next to him.

"Nothing," Hunter denied and Draco snorted.

"Please, you've been drooling over at Gryffindor table since you've arrived - and that glare could have turned someone to stone," Draco informed him before he looked in the same direction Hunter was looking only to drop his fork and he stared at Hunter in a shock. "Please don't say you were drooling over the Black girl."

"So what if I was," Hunter replied defensively and Draco shook his head.

"Don't go near her," Draco told him firmly, his voice low so that no one else could hear the conversation.

"What?" Hunter asked, confused.

"Don't go near her - don't play with her heart. If you're truly interested in her, then that's fine. But if you are just looking for a piece of ass - look somewhere else," Draco warned him. "Trust me when I say you don't want to mess her about. There are consequences you don't even understand." With that, he stood up and moved away from Hunter, leaving him alone with his thoughts once again.

*******************

Harry and Hermione finished dinner and went on up to Gryffindor's common room.

"I don't think Mia is very happy," Hermione told Harry. They were sitting on the couch, facing the fire. Harry was leaning against the ledge of the couch while Hermione was sitting between his legs.

"Yeah, that Hunter isn't making things any easier for her," Harry mumbled out. Hermione had to stifle a smile. Harry was less than pleased that someone had taken an interest in his sister. Lupin had sent a letter after Harry wrote to Sirius telling him that someone had expressed an interest in Mia, and it said that Sirius had spent the whole day complaining that his little girl was too young to be gaining the interest of men.

"He likes her," Hermione told him only to get a disgruntled look back. She sighed before she shifted so she could look into Harry's eyes. Hermione cupped her boyfriend's face. "I know you only want to protect Mia, but she is gorgeous. Boys are going to be interested in her whether you like or not."

"I know she's gorgeous, but I don't want her to get hurt," Harry told her and Hermione nodded.

"I know, but its life. It's evitable that we'll all get hurt. We all have to face pain sooner or later," Hermione told him wisely, and Harry smiled.

"How does she feel about him?" Harry asked and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"She complains about him... says that he is a caveman and how she was not impressed with his stunt earlier," Hermione told him.

"Why am I not surprised?" Harry asked. "What do you think?" Hermione sighed.

"I think she likes him but she's scared. You know how much she hates the thought of losing us one day. Imagine the thought of losing someone you are in a relationship with! She's trying to protect her heart by keeping herself away from Hunter and not analysing her feelings," Hermione explained before her tone became bitter. "Plus, it doesn't help that that bitch kept telling Mia that no guy would ever be interested in her."

"Hey," Harry soothed as he stroked back her hair. Harry knew all too well just how much Hermione hated Molly, and not just for her actions against Mia.

"Sorry," Hermione apologised but Harry shook his head.

"No, I understand," Harry promised her. "Molly is a bitch, but you don't need to get worked up about her. Karma gets everyone in the end, and Molly will get her turn." Hermione nodded.

"I just can't believe that they used me as a hostage for Viktor," she whispered as the memories of Viktor watching her and grabbing her arms rose up in her mind. Harry just tightened his arms around her waist.

"I'm just glad that I got there first," Harry whispered as he buried his face into her hair, holding her close. He couldn't believe that they had used Hermione to be Viktor's hostage - after everything she had been through at the hands of him. He knew that they didn't know about that, but they should have stuck with the original plan rather than letting a stupid woman get her say in everything and changing it around. Harry decided to change the conversation.

"What did Mia get from Cedric?" Harry asked casually only for Hermione to grin up at him and he realised that his attempt at being casual had failed.

"Relax Harry. It wasn't like a note asking her to meet up with him so they could have sex," Hermione informed him only for Harry to freeze slightly.

"I hope not," Harry muttered and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Jesus Harry, you're worse than Sirius! If you are like this with your sister, what the hell are you going to be like with our daughter?" Hermione demanded, not realising what she had just said while Harry sighed.

"Hermione, we've only just got together and we already have a daughter?" Harry asked, amused. Hermione froze on the spot when she realised what she had said before nudging him in the stomach.

"You know what I mean," Hermione shot at him and Harry grinned.

"Are we having our first fight as a couple?" Harry asked. Hermione tilted her head slightly before she nodded.

"Yes," she told him before an idea came to her mind and she turned to face Harry with a bright smile on her face. "Does this mean we have to make up?"

"I think so," Harry told her. Hermione just smiled as she grabbed his shirt and pulled him down for a kiss. Harry let out a shocked moan before he closed his eyes as Hermione turned onto her front and straddled his lap as he pulled her closer to him.

One of Harry's hands went straight for Hermione's hair. He loved playing with her hair as they kissed - it was so soft and silky despite its appearance. He pulled away from Hermione's lips and kissed her neck, loving Hermione's gasps and mewls of pleasure as she arched her neck, exposing more of her throat to him.

Harry's other hand slid up under her shirt, resting his hand on her skin as he nibbled the sweet spot that was at the base of Hermione's throat. Hermione released a small groan before she slid her hands into Harry's hair and pulled his lips away from her neck. She kissed him again as one of her hands slid down his chest before she fingered his buttons - wondering if she should undo them when she felt a hot heat on her thigh.

Harry and Hermione stilled slightly when they felt Harry's hand on Hermione's thigh, just below her skirt, and knew that they were moving too fast.

"We have to slow down," Harry whispered against her lips and Hermione nodded in agreement as she gave him one last kiss. She pulled away and rested her head on his chest, both of them trying to catch their breath when Harry frowned softly.

"Where is Mia anyway?" Harry asked. Hermione just shrugged, obviously having no idea where Mia was either.

*******************************

Draco walked round the corner of a hallway and stopped in shock. He ducked back round the corner before looking around the wall once more and disbelievingly saw the same scene.

"This is not happening. I didn't see that. I'm just going to continue walking on and pretend that this was all a bad dream," Draco muttered to himself as he walked back down the way he had just come.

Meanwhile, Mia was currently wrapped up in the arms of Cedric as he kissed her softly and gently while cupping the back of her head, his fingers tangling up in her curly black hair.

Soon, air was a necessity and they broke apart, both breathing heavily. Cedric moved in once more, taking Mia's lips back into his. Mia let out a small moan as he flicked his tongue over her lips, asking for entrance, and Mia parted her lips, allowing him to enter.

Cedric stroked his tongue over hers, encouraging her to play with his as she slipped her hand into his dark locks, holding him close.

Mia broke away from him when she ran out of air again and Cedric looked down at her.

"Are you sure you haven't kissed anyone before?" Cedric asked with a suspicious glare and Mia giggled slightly.

"I've kissed on the lips, but never full," Mia replied before shrugging. "I've read the books."

"Well, you're certainly a natural," Cedric told her and Mia grinned as Cedric moved back down and took her lips back into his, pressing her body against his own, enjoying their kiss together.

TBC

Don't think Dumbledore will be like this throughout the whole story/series!

*Runs and hides*