Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4

spacegal

I know - I suck but I got you this to make it up to you. I swear to god college is going to be the death of me.

Chapter 16: Trouble, a Stand and a Kiss.

"We are going to get into so much trouble," a female voice informed the person next to her.

"It will be worth it," the male replied. Then there was a groan of pleasure. "Why did we take so long to get together?"

"We were scared and stupid," the female replied as she slipped her hands into his dark locks, holding him close as he kissed her neck.

"At least we have time now to make up what we missed," he whispered as he pulled away from her neck and kissed her gently on the lips.

After they completed the kiss she pulled away from him and started kissing her way along his jaw line. Once she reached his earlobe she nibbled on gently.

The male groaned as she pushed him back from where he was leaning over her until he was sitting back and straddled him.

His hands slid up from her thighs to her hips as she pulled away from his earlobes and returned to his mouth.

"Shame we don't study Biology here - it would have been a good excuse to explain why we're late," the male stated.

"Harry!" the female scolded with amusement in her voice as she tried to glare - unsuccessfully - at her boyfriend. "You are such a bad boy."

"Why don't you punish me," he whispered against her lips before taking them fully into his. He wrapped his arms around her waist and he pushed his hips into her, causing her to moan.

"Don't tempt me," she whispered back as she ran her hands up under his shirt, loving the feel of his hard muscles contracting under her hands. With every movement she made she could feel his reaction, exciting her even more. Once more she pulled her lips away from his and kissed his neck, flicking her tongue over the sweet spot that she had found aroused Harry.

"God…Hermione…" Harry moaned out as he tipped his head back, curling one hand into her hair before he yanked her away from his neck and slammed their lips back together. He turned them around and pressed her against the soft carpet of their now favourite little hideaway.

***************

Dumbledore was sitting in his office, his hands linked and supporting his chin as he was deep in thought. Snape was leaning against the wall across from him as he alternated between looking out of the window and back at Dumbledore.

"What do you think happened?" Snape finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Mr. Crouch obviously had something very important to tell me. But the question of what that was I can not answer," Dumbledore told him.

"Something had spooked him - you know it," Snape reminded Dumbledore, who nodded in agreement.

"I know that, but as we have no idea to exactly what had spooked him, we are at a point where we need a new clue to reveal the path. One I fear might appear sooner than we expect," Dumbledore told the Potions instructor before he looked out of the window with a pensive look. "Until then, we do not let Harry Potter out of our sight."

**************

Draco was walking in the grounds when he bumped into somebody. Startled, Draco reached out and grabbed the young person before they could fall completely to the ground.

"I'm sorry," Draco apologised and looked into a pair of dreamy blue eyes. A small smile appeared on his face as she shook her head, causing her radish earrings to swing with her movements.

"It's not a problem Draco," Luna informed him in a soft tone. Draco just arched an eyebrow, impressed with the female's ability to feel more comfortable than his reputation would allow just from a look. Though he had heard about her from the others - they had spoken about Luna and her strange way of being able to interact with them.

"Let me guess - you are Luna Lovegood," Draco told her, startling the younger female. Yet the only give away was the slight widening of her eyes.

"Impressive - you have heard about me," Luna told him and Draco grinned.

"Yeah, but all good things. Don't worry," Draco told her and Luna nodded. She looked over his shoulder and saw one of her classmates calling her. She turned back to Draco.

"It was nice to meet you. Mind you watch out for the pathfinder trickers - they like to lure people away from their path and create heartache for them." With that she walked off, leaving Draco staring after her as he thought about her words and hoped that she wasn't making a prediction.

Draco shook his head clear and walked on. But the strange statement kept nagging at his mind. He was so focused on his thoughts that he bumped into another person.

"Oh hell…" Draco muttered as he reached out and once again caught the person before they fell. This time he was staring into a pair of light green eyes and then almost dropped her out of shock.

"Lisa," he greeted. Lisa Turpin had dark red hair and those light green eyes that were currently sparkling with amusement as she smiled up at Draco.

"Morning Draco - I guess you're not completely awake yet?" Lisa teased and Draco couldn't help the chuckle that bubbled out of his chest.

"Sorry - I was in deep thought," Draco admitted and Lisa nodded. She shifted her books in her arms, causing Draco to look down at them and raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "You like stargazing?" Lisa looked at him in surprise before she looked down at her books and then back up at him with a tender smile.

"Yes. My grandfather used to love stargazing. There was this hill out in the backyard, and every summer night - sometimes winter nights too - we would sit there and he would point out the constellations and tell me the stories behind them," Lisa told him.

Draco smiled in empathy.

"My grandfather was the same - except it was more about history," Draco explained. Lisa nodded in commiseration before an idea came to her.

"Listen - I'm heading over to the cliff tonight," she pointed to the cliff that overlooked the lake. "If you want to join me stargazing, you're welcome to." Draco smiled at this and looked thoughtfully at her.

"I'll think about it. Thanks for the offer," he told her and Lisa shrugged.

"It's no problem. I'll see you later," Lisa told him as she side-stepped him and walked off.

Draco just watched her retreating back before shaking his head with an amused smile on his face. When he finally made his way to his original destination, he moved over behind some hideaway trees next to the other visitor and sat down next to her.

"I was wondering where you had disappeared to," Draco told her and Hermione turned to face Draco with a tearful smile. "I saw Harry storming through the hallways of Hogwarts and the lanterns flaring up higher than a normal lantern should."

"He's angry - he's really angry," Hermione whispered before she turned back to the lake. "I can't believe that this has happened."

"Do you have any idea how she found out?" Draco asked but got a headshake from Hermione.

"No - it's frustrating and vexing!" Hermione burst out, startling Draco with her sudden anger. "What right does she have to spread those lies and claim that they are the truth? She is only doing this because I threatened her!"

"I know that and you know that, even Harry knows that! But the problem is…you need to get her before it goes any further," Draco told her and Hermione sighed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"But how can I do that when I don't know how she getting around - I mean - it's not like she's using an invisibility cloak, because Professor Moody would be able to see her. She can't be using any of the spells that makes her invisible because they aren't perfect…" Hermione trailed off as an idea came to her mind.

"Hermione?" Draco asked, curious to what had occurred to Hermione.

"I think that I finally have an idea about what is going on," Hermione told him, and started heading quickly back to the castle. He looked at her vacated spot for a while to make sure no one would see them leaving the same place and wondered what she had found out.

****************

Ron made his way into the Great Hall with a disgruntled look on his face as he moved over to the Gryffindor table.

"Have you seen the paper today?" Ron demanded as he sat down next to the twins, throwing one down in front of them.

The twins leaned in and looked at it and arched an eyebrow when they saw a picture of Hermione in the middle with Harry and Viktor on each side of her. Underneath was a picture of Harry pinning Viktor against the wall with a look of anger on his face.

Granger plays with Heroes' Hearts screamed the headlines. The twins sighed together as they read the report.

'There have been plenty of reports that Hermione Granger, a muggleborn, has been playing around with two champions' hearts - Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, and Viktor Krum, a famous world-class seeker. Harry Potter has even been seen arguing with Viktor Krum over her. This brings one question to everybody's mind - is Hermione Granger using love potions?'

"What the hell…how is she getting all this information?" Fred demanded but got a shrug from Ron, indicating that he didn't have a clue. "Has Mia seen this?" Ron shook his head.

"I don't think so. Even if she did, she's not going to do anything, though. Sirius has put a lock-down on her. She's not allowed to cause trouble until after the summer," Ron explained.

George frowned at this, confused. "How do you mean?" George asked.

"Because she kept losing her temper. Harry was worried that Mia was going to burn herself out before Christmas, so he contacted Sirius and he came down hard on Mia. He doesn't want to hear her getting into trouble for the rest of the year," Ron explained before shrugging. "She's doing what he told her so far, and that means no getting worked up over anything in the papers. Of course that also means that we're all working double time just to make sure she doesn't get the paper."

"Not that it's easy," Dean jumped into the conversation and Lavender nodded too.

"She gets the paper delivered to her room in the morning. If it doesn't come there, she just assumes that it has been sent to the common room. If it's not in the common room, then it's in the Great Hall. Someone has to be distracting her at each of those locations so that she'll forget about it," Lavender told them.

"Merlin," Fred muttered as he looked at the papers once more before shaking his head.

"What?" Ron asked. Fred looked at him before glancing at the paper once more then again raised up to look at Ron.

"Mum replied to the letter. She is totally convinced that Hermione is using a love potion on Harry because it was obvious that Harry would never be interested in a girl like her," Fred told him.

Ron groaned as he buried his face into his hands. Now he knew what had riled Harry up so much. To hear her saying that about his girlfriend just meant that she had pissed him off to hell. He was extremely glad that Mia hadn't gotten the paper yet today, or Hogwarts would be in pieces by now - if Harry didn't get there first.

"I can't believe she did that," George stated as he took the paper from Fred before shaking his head as he read the statement. "Doesn't she know that she is embarrassing herself?"

"Of course she doesn't - she has her head too far up her ass to tell that Harry doesn't like Ginny!" Ron snapped out, startling the people at the same table. Ron just let out a slow breath as he closed his eyes and counted to ten, hoping that he wasn't going to blow up.

"Take a deep breath," a female voice spoke up as a small soft hand was placed on his shoulder. Ron turned to see Luna sitting beside him with a concerned look on her face. "That's it - just take your time."

"I'm sorry," Ron apologised to his brothers and they looked at him in surprise. "All she has done is create problems for Hermione. It's not her fault that she fell in love with Harry, and it's not Harry's fault that he fell in love with Hermione and not Ginny. All I want is our mother is to back off and let them to live their lives in peace."

"We understand," Fred told him. Ron looked at him in shock at his simple agreement and Fred smiled. "We know that Mum has been overbearing about Harry, Hermione and Ginny and you have our support. When you are ready to tell off mum, we're right there."

Ron couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face at the sight of his brothers backing him up. He turned to look at Luna and found that she was also happy and smiling softly back at him.

***************

When Harry entered the common room he stopped when he saw Hermione sitting in front of the fire and throwing letters into the flames. She was watching them burn with a sad look on her face.

"Hermione?" Harry asked as he moved to her and sat down next to her. Hermione looked at him.

"Letters and howlers from the readers and the fans of 'the Boy Who Lived' demanding that I stop using love potions and release you from my trap," Hermione explained. Harry felt his features harden at the sight of the stack of letters remaining before he shook his head, took the whole bundle into his hands, and threw them into the fireplace without looking at them at all.

Hermione just looked at the fire with the burning letters before she looked at Harry once more.

"These people are not worth it - the next time you get a batch of those letters, either send them back or put it in the fire right away," Harry told her before he shifted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her body. "I don't care what anyone says - I'm with you because I want to be. Not because these idiots think you have a love potion on me."

"I think I know how Rita is getting around and getting the stories without anyone seeing her," Hermione spoke up and Harry looked at her hopefully.

*************

Mia was in the library, looking through the shelves for a book when she heard a noise behind her. Startled, Mia spun around with her hands curling into fists. She brought them up into a fighting stance when her eyes met startled yet amused brown eyes.

"Hunter," Mia gasped out and Hunter looked down at her raised fists before he looked back into her blue eyes.

"Are you going to punch me?" Hunter asked. Mia looked at him, confused, until she looked down at her hands and blushed softly before she dropped her fists, uncurling them.

"Sorry, just a reaction that happens when I hear an unexpected noise behind me," Mia explained. "Some of the older guys like to try and sneak up behind me." Hunter nodded in understanding. "So, is there something you wanted?" Mia asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you," Hunter told her as he moved closer to her.

"Why?" Mia asked; confused about why Hunter would want to talk to her.

Hunter just bent his head and kissed her on the lips, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Mia's eyes widened in shock before they fluttered closed in pleasure. Her arms lifted themselves and wrapped around his neck, holding him in the kiss as she opened her mouth. She moaned when she felt his tongue slip into her mouth and caress her own.

Hunter moved Mia back until her she was against the bookcase and held her up as he pressed himself against her body. Mia's hands slipped into his dark hair as Hunter slipped his fingers under her top, each trailing a fire of pleasure across her skin.

Mia couldn't believe how she felt. Her skin was heating up and her lips tingled. His fingers were trailing fire all over her skin wherever he touched. She could barely think.

It wasn't like when she was kissing Cedric. No, this was…wonderful…sexier…arousing! Mia let out a soft groan when Hunter nibbled her bottom lip before tugging it and then allowed it to slip from his mouth, sending shivers of pleasure through her body before he took her lips back into his.

No, with Cedric - it was nice and safe and comforting, but with Hunter…it was hot and it was taking her to a new level - one that she didn't want to leave.

With Cedric…

Cedric…

Mia's eyes snapped open before she pushed Hunter away, shaking her head at what had just happened.

"Mia?" Hunter asked but Mia shook her head.

"This can't happen," Mia told him. "I'm sorry, but it can't happen." She pushed herself away from him and ran out of the library altogether.

Hunter just stared at the space that Mia had vacated before he touched his lips and found them swollen.

What the hell had just happened?

Mia didn't stop running until she reached her common room. She hurriedly gave the password to the painting before hurrying through the doorway and startling the students that were milling around inside.

Mia didn't notice them as she hurried up the girls' stairway. When she reached her room that she slammed the door behind her and leaned back against the door.

Thankfully, no one was in the room with her and Mia closed her eyes as she tried to calm her pounding heart.

"What happened to you?" a female voice demanded, startling Mia as she eyes flew open. She saw Hermione standing in front of her, acting confused at her sister's reaction. "Mia?"

"I've just done something I shouldn't have," Mia admitted and Hermione frowned in worry and confusion.

"Mia?" Hermione asked.

"I kissed Hunter," Mia blurted out before she frowned and shook her head. "No, he kissed me! Shit!" she pressed her shaking hands to her face as she tried to regain her composure.

"What?" Hermione asked, alarmed by her best friend's behaviour. Mia just swore again and slid down against the door. Hermione moved closer to Mia and wrapped an arm around her shoulders as Mia haltingly spilled out everything that had happened. First with her and Cedric, then her and Hunter, and her feelings about it all.

Hermione just stared at Mia, stunned that she had kept it all in for as long as she had. Mia then asked the one question that has been burning into her mind.

"What am I going to do?" Mia whispered.

TBC

Well - you a got a Mia/Hunter kiss…*Looks around and runs away again*