Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4

spacegal

A/N: Betaed Version of it - more notes at the bottom!

Chapter 17: Newspapers, a Choice and the Last Task

"Hermione Granger Equals Love Potions?" the headline of the paper screamed. Harry just stared at it with a stony glare. The article went on to talk about how Hermione was obviously using a love potion on Harry just to be famous. They even used Molly Weasley's letter from the previous edition as a proof.

Harry couldn't help the anger raging throughout his body. He was getting sick and tired of seeing Hermione's name plastered across the headlines in a negative light just because she was with him. She was dating Harry Potter - not the bloody 'Boy Who Lived' - despite what apparently nearly everyone else thought.

Just what right did these people have to think they knew what was best for Harry? Harry knew what was best for him - Sirius being his guardian, Mia being his sister and cheerleader, and Hermione being his girlfriend. She was the one reason why he got up in the morning and the one person who kept him sane.

They were the ones who had turned their backs on him when they had presumed him dead. They were the ones who turned their backs on him when they had thought he was he was being trained to become the next dark lord and take after Voldemort! Did they forget that his mother was a muggleborn? That his girlfriend was a muggleborn? They had turned their backs on him at the beginning of the year, convinced that he had entered his name into the tournament just to get more fame - what gave them the right?

He felt a soft thud and lifted his head over the paper to see Mia sitting across from him. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was dressed in her jeans and one of his old blue hoodies that she had nicked from him.

"Morning Harry," Mia greeted with a cheerful smile. After having spent most of the night talking with Hermione over her feelings, Mia was determined to give herself a break from boys and just deal with Harry first this morning.

"Morning Mia," Harry replied.

As she filled up her plate, she looked up and saw the paper in Harry's hands and her eyes lit up.

"Oh! Can I borrow the paper? I haven't read it over the last couple of weeks - they keep disappearing," Mia told him with a puzzled frown. Harry hesitated, only increasing Mia's puzzlement. "Harry - is something wrong?"

"Nothing Mia," Harry told her with a small smile. "There's nothing interesting in the paper anyway." Mia arched an eyebrow as she leaned over and bent the top of the paper back with her hands.

"Then why were you staring at it when I came in?" Mia asked as she tried to tug it out of his hands but Harry was clinging on to the bottom part. "Harry - let go!"

"Mia, I really don't think…" Harry started but lost his speech when the paper slipped out of his hands and into Mia's. She promptly turned it around as she sat down only to lose her temper.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Mia shouted, startling the students and teachers that were having their breakfast quietly. But Mia didn't notice them as she continued to glare at the headline story before she looked at Harry with a furious glare. "How long has this been going on?" she demanded.

"A few weeks," Harry admitted and Mia growled under her breath.

"Is this the reason why I've not been getting the paper?" Mia demanded as she scanned the story a bit more. "And what the HELL has that bitch been saying about Hermione?"

Harry winced. She must have spotted Molly's statement/letter.

"Miss Black!" a female voice snapped and she turned to see Professor McGonagall nearing her. "I'd thank you to not to use that language in this castle!"

"Sorry Professor," Mia apologised, chastised for her outburst. She turned back to the paper, crumpled it up and threw it away as the teacher walked away. Mia turned to look at Harry. "Find Skeeter and get rid of her - one way or another. Or I'm going down for murder. No one talks about Hermione like this and gets away with it." With that, Mia stood up with her plate and walked out of the Great Hall.

Hermione came in shortly after Mia left and arched an eyebrow when she saw Harry sitting at the table with his head in his hands. Curious, Hermione moved closer to the table and sat down next to Harry.

Harry felt another soft thump and winced softly to himself before he lifted his head and saw Hermione sitting there with a curious expression clear on her face.

"Mia saw the newspaper this morning," Harry told her and understanding dawned on her and she nodded.

"Let me guess, she freaked out?" Hermione asked.

"More like shouted with rage, actually" Harry told her as he speared his meat with a fork before twirling it slowly. "McGonagall gave her a bit of trouble for swearing."

"But she didn't yank anyone out of the Great Hall with the intent on dismembering them, right?" Hermione asked and got a head shake in reply. "She'll be fine once she has calmed down - providing she doesn't meet someone who will piss her off in the hallway," Hermione informed Harry, calmly and rationally.

Harry just arched an eyebrow at Hermione, wondering about the change in her before he shook his head and decided to go with the flow.

"Anyway," Hermione started only to be cut off when she felt soft lips pressed against hers. Her eyes widened slightly before she closed her in eyes in pleasure. She slid a hand up Harry's neck and into his hair as she enjoyed the "good morning" kiss, oblivious to the gasps and whispers that started up around them.

When Ron made his entrance at that moment he was surprised to see Harry and Hermione kissing and everyone was watching them. He shook his head as he moved closer to the table and cleared his throat, attracting Harry and Hermione's attention.

"Hello - welcome to Hogwarts, where students go to learn about magic…not biology," Ron informed them, causing Hermione to blush when she noticed everyone staring at them and Harry to duck his head slightly in embarrassment.

But Ron saw the two of them sneak a look at each other before small grins appeared on their faces and they turned back to their breakfasts. Ron could only shake his head again.

At first, he had been happy that they had gotten together, but now he was wishing that they would quit making out or at least find a private space to make out!

"So, where's Mia?" Ron asked, looking around for the black-haired female.

"She stormed out of here after reading the paper," Harry replied. Ron looked at him, stunned, and coughed on the food that got stuck in his throat.

Dean reached over and patted Ron's back until Ron's breathing had returned to normal but that just allowed Ron's mood to take over.

"You let Mia READ the paper?" Ron demanded. "Are you INSANE?"

"What is your problem?" Hermione asked, curious about Ron's reaction. Ron just goggled at Hermione with a stunned look on his face.

"Hello? Mia Black - the same person who chewed out Dumbledore in first year, the same person who chewed out that fraud in second year, the same person who chewed out Lucius Malfoy AND the minister in third year and the same person who wants the Ministry overturned because of the Triwizarding Tournament?" Ron reminded. "I actually like this school and would rather NOT have it in pieces because some idiot woman is sprouting lies about you!"

"She's fine," Hermione told Ron, who just arched an eyebrow while Dean frowned.

"Didn't she tell Harry that he was to find some way to put down Skeeter as fast as possible or she was going to go down for murder?" Dean asked. Harry muttered under his breath as Hermione turned to face her boyfriend with a curious look and got a half hearted shrug in return before she sighed.

"I suppose it's a good thing that her father is coming up today - I don't think Hogwarts would have lasted another day otherwise," Hermione admitted and got nods of agreement in return.

*****************

Sirius Black stood in front of the Hogwarts doors before frowning and looked around to make sure that the pesky ghost commonly known as Peeves weren't sneaking up behind him. He had spent too much time looking over his shoulder thanks to that damn ghost and he would be damned if he was going to stop being cautious now.

Cautiously, Sirius inched his way to the door and opened it slightly - just enough to stick his head through the gap and look around.

"Mr Black, just what are you up to you?" a female voice cracked loudly from behind him, causing him to jump and feel like a teenager all over again. He turned around to see Professor McGonagall peering at him over her glasses as she folded her arms across her chest, clearly waiting hear what her former student had to say.

"Peeves," Sirius blurted out only to sigh in self-frustration. "I'm looking out for Peeves - I don't trust him not to jump out of somewhere just to annoy me." McGonagall nodded in understanding before she pushed the door open and pushed Sirius through.

"Don't worry about Peeves - Mr Filch is taking care of him. Go and meet your daughter and nephew. I daresay that your daughter needs you at the moment," McGonagall informed him as she also stepped in and closed the doors.

Sirius watched her leave down the hallway with a curious expression before he turned to go to the Great Hall only to spot his daughter already coming down the stairs. Mia looked up and a smile brightened up her face when she spotted her father.

"Dad!" Mia greeted happily as she threw herself into her father's arms. Sirius kissed her hair as he held her close to him before grinning at Harry over his daughter's head. He opened his other arm and allowed his "son" to run into his arms and held both of his children close to him.

"I missed you," Mia mumbled into Sirius' chest before she pulled away and looked up in her father's face.

"I missed you too," Sirius told him as he kissed her forehead. "And I'm glad to see that you are slowing down." Mia gave him a sweet smile before she pulled out of his arm and stood next to Hermione before he turned down to face Harry. "And you - what is this about you threatening Viktor Krum?" Hermione coloured slightly while Harry sighed.

"He was stalking Hermione and scaring her. I didn't like him harassing her and decided to make my feelings clear about it," Harry told him and Sirius nodded, still curious. "Besides - we think we know how Rita Skeeter has been getting all her 'inside information' for the papers."

Sirius arched an eyebrow in anticipation.

Hermione was about to tell him when a very familiar voice broke in and anger started to fill her veins.

"Harry dear!" a female voice called out and Harry spun around to see Molly walking toward him with a huge grin on her face with Ginny trailing her, also wearing a pleased look on her face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Harry demanded, startling Molly into faltering slightly.

"Harry," a female hand came down on his shoulder and Harry turned to see Mia standing behind him with a warning glint in her blue eyes. "It's not your battle - it's hers." Harry turned to see Hermione making her way over to the Weasley women with a hard glint in her normally soft brown eyes.

"Mrs. Weasley, you are not welcome here," Hermione informed her. Molly shot Hermione a cold glare.

"Excuse me?" Molly demanded; infuriated with the young girl who thought she could meddle with people's hearts.

"You heard me - there is no reason for you to be here," Hermione informed her. Ginny just crossed her arms and glared at the young rival who had stolen her hero's heart from her.

"We are here to support Harry, he is family after all," Molly informed her snootily, but Hermione gave a scathing laugh, startling everyone in earshot as they had never heard Hermione sound so cynical.

"Family? You are nothing but a self-absorbed and bossy woman who should get her head out of her ass and realise that Harry isn't interested in your bitch of a daughter. He can actually make his own choices without the aid of a potion or an interfering harridan." Hermione calmly told Molly.

"You…" Molly raised her hand to slap Hermione when a hand caught Molly's wrist, startling her.

"Touch my best friend and you'll be begging for mercy," Mia informed her with a cold glare. "No one touches Hermione with the intent of harming her."

"And just what would you do? You're nothing but a little girl who still plays dress up," Molly informed the Black girl with a snooty glare and Mia snorted back a laugh.

"Says the woman who is convinced that Harry actually likes your daughter?" Mia asked before shaking her head. "You're pathetic."

"Harry does like my daughter and they will get together. No one will get in the way of that. Just like Hermione is perfect for my Ronald," Molly informed them with a scathing glare - one that just infuriated Hermione even more.

"No we won't!" Hermione shouted; startling the other students and guests as everyone turned to see what was going on. "Sorry - but Ron and I are just friends! I'm with Harry and that is the way that it's going to stay. Harry is not interested in your daughter and I'm not interested in your son and your son isn't interested in me." Hermione breathed heavily. "You are not going to get your happy family despite anything you say or do and trust me when I say you don't want to cross me."

"You will fall for Ron and Harry will for Ginny - it's the way it's meant to be," Molly snapped but faltered when she saw Hermione's dark eyes flash blue for a moment as Hermione moved closer. Her voice had suddenly dropped an octave lower but was still cold and hard.

"You don't always get what you want," Hermione reminded the older woman before she spun on her heels. She was obviously about to move away when Molly's voice rang out once more.

"You are evil! You are holding Harry under a spell!" Molly screeched.

"Whatever," Mia and Hermione stated together before they linked arms and walked out of the Great Hall, leaving a stunned group behind them. Hunter just smothered a smirk while Fleur shook her head and followed Hunter as he led the way over to Bill Weasley.

"Bill Weasley?" Hunter asked and Bill turned only to be struck dumb when he saw Fleur. She was a tall blonde with deep blue eyes and she was giving him a shy grin.

"Yeah?" Bill asked, distracted, and Hunter smothered another grin at how smoothly this plan was going.

"This is Fleur Delacour, one of the champions - I wanted to introduce you because she is planning on coming back to England during the summer and Mia mentioned that you worked at Gringotts. I was hoping that you would be able to show her around," Hunter explained.

Bill narrowed his eyes as he turned to face him, and so did Sirius when he heard the male speak of Mia's name.

"And you are?" Bill asked.

"Oh, I'm Hunter Wolfe - I'm new here because I transferred here this year," Hunter explained and Sirius frowned slightly when Hunter mentioned his last name before he turned to Harry.

"Who is this Hunter guy and how does Mia know him?" Sirius asked. Harry arched an eyebrow at his uncle.

"Mia and Hermione just chewed out and humiliated Mrs. Weasley and you're worried about some guy that Mia knows?" Harry asked disbelievingly and Remus laughed slightly.

"Don't worry - they'll get what's coming to them. Just answer the question," Remus informed Harry, who sighed.

"Hunter Wolfe is the new guy who entered this year. He is a year above us and in Slytherin. He and Mia have gotten to know each other over the year - when Mia isn't freezing him out that is," Harry informed them. Remus nodded while Sirius looked toward Hunter with a thoughtful look on his face.

**********

"You okay?" Mia asked from where she was lying, stretched out in the sunlight. Hermione looked down at her from where she was leaning on her arms.

"I feel better," Hermione admitted and Mia laughed.

"You really chewed out Molly Weasley, so I'm not surprised," Mia informed her as she titled her head to allow the sun to shine on her face.

"I'm gonna get in trouble though," Hermione reminded her and Mia nodded.

"Yeah, I know. And the guilt will kick in real soon too so just enjoy the victory while you're still guilt-free. When it kicks in, you're gonna be beating yourself up like mad," Mia warned her.

"How do you do it?" Hermione asked Mia curiously. "How do you chew people out and not feel guilty about it?" Mia snorted.

"I feel guilty every second of the day and I think to myself, 'Why did I do that? Could I have done it a different way?' I know I don't act like I feel guilty about it, but I'm just good at hiding my feelings when it's needed," Mia explained before shrugging. "A bad habit of mine that I can't seem to break."

Hermione laughed as she fell back onto the grass so that her head was next to Mia's but upside down.

"Seems like we all have some bad habits," Hermione stated with a soft sigh and Mia nodded.

"What are you going to do about Rita Skeeter?" Mia asked and got a devilish grin in reply. "Now I know I've most definitely been rubbing off on you."

"Let's just say that I have a few plans up my sleeves, and then Harry will be taking over. A threat from the Boy-Who-Lived is bound to put the fear of the devil into anyone, isn't it?" Hermione asked and Mia giggled at the thought.

"Viktor hasn't been anywhere near you," Mia confirmed and Hermione sighed with a soft shake of her head.

"All he had to do was leave me alone, and none of that would have happened," Hermione told her and Mia shrugged.

"He was interested in you - I know, he went about it the wrong way, but the guy is used to girls falling over his feet," Mia told her. "At least he is leaving you alone now. I think Harry would have burst a vein if he hadn't."

"What about you? Have you decided about what you're going to do?" Hermione asked while Mia shifted her eyes toward the sky.

"I'm taking a break from the guys. I need a break from them. All these mixed emotions are getting too much for me and I just want to concentrate on Harry getting past the last task so that we can relax for the summer," Mia told her. Hermione nodded in understanding before a slight frown ceased her forehead.

"But you should still make a choice soon," Hermione told her, leaving both girls staring at the sky in silence.

************

Cedric was sitting on the stone bench in the middle of the courtyard as he stared up at the same sky. It was beginning to change colour with the beginning of the sunset.

He had made up his mind. He was going to ask Mia out tonight. Hopefully she would agree to be his girlfriend. A tender smile crossed his face at the thought. Mia was different from anyone he had ever met, and he couldn't wait to see what else she could do.

"Cedric?" a female voice called out and Cedric brought his head down and turned to see who had called his name.

Cedric smiled when he saw Mia heading toward him. She was wearing an off-the-shoulder light blue top that complimented her eyes and a pair of black jeans along with her trainers.

"Hey," Mia greeted with a bright smile. "What did you want to see me for?" Cedric held out a blood red rose. Mia arched an eyebrow at the rose before looking at him.

"I care about you," Cedric told her. Mia smiled as she took the rose before tucking back a strand of her hair.

"I care about you too," Mia, told him and Cedric led her over to one of the stone benches where they both sat down. Mia twisted her body to face Cedric, wondering where he was going with this.

"I don't have much time because the last task is going to be starting soon," Cedric told her and Mia nodded. "Being with you this year, it's been amazing." Mia's cheeks blushed slightly and Cedric lifted a hand and placed it on her cheek, rubbing his thumb over it. "When I come back, I want us to try and see if we could potentially have a relationship."

Mia's eyes snapped up to his in shock.

"What?" Mia asked in a whisper.

"Mia, would you like to become my girlfriend?" Cedric asked and Mia couldn't help the tender smile that crossed her face.

"Yes," Mia whispered. Cedric smiled as he leaned in but Mia lifted a hand to stop him. "But I have something I need to tell you."

"Mia…" Cedric started but he dropped his hand from her face and looked over her shoulder.

Mia turned to see Professor Flitwick standing behind them.

"Sorry to interrupt you," Flitwick told them in his squeaky voice. "But all the champions must get ready for the task."

"Thank you Professor Flitwick, I'll be there in a minute," Cedric told his head of house. Flitwick nodded before he left and Cedric resumed looking at Mia. "Sorry, how about we talk about it after the task?"

"Yeah," Mia told him with a nod before they stood up, linked hands and made their way over to the tent so that Cedric could get changed and so that Mia could see Harry.

*********

Harry was standing near his section dressed in his black trousers and red and black top with Hermione in his arms. He held her close to him, alternating between kissing her hair and whispering in her ear.

Viktor was standing slightly off to the side, sneaking looks toward Harry and Hermione with a sad look on his face before he turned to face Dumbledore as he stepped into the tent.

Fleur was nervously pacing back and forth as she twirled her wand in her fingers while Madam Maxime watched her with a tender look.

Cedric and Mia stepped into the tent together. Cedric squeezed Mia's hand before he let her go so she could go over to stand with her brother before he moved over to where his father was standing and sighed at the disproving look that was showing on the senior Diggory's face as he watched Mia walk away from Cedric.

When Cedric stood next to his father, he got a look that clearly stated that they were going to have a talk about his tastes in girls just as Cho stepped in, looking around for Cedric and smiled when she spotted him and made her way over to him.

Cedric couldn't help the tender smile that crossed his face when he saw her. They had dated for a short time till Cedric realised that he really liked Mia and Cho had shown an interest in another boy that they had agreed to spilt up.

"I just came to wish you good luck," Cho told him and Cedric grinned before he looked his father and groaned inwardly when he saw the light in his eyes that indicated that his father had something up his sleeve and it was most likely due to he didn't really like Mia Black.

"Thanks," Cedric told the female before he embraced her in a hug before looking toward Mia only to find that she was wrapped up in Harry's arms with Hermione as the male tried to comfort both of them.

"I'm going to be fine," Harry soothed the two of them and they nodded but still clung to him like mad. "I'm gonna run out of air soon but I'll be fine." Both girls jumped away from him like he was on fire only to glare at him when they saw his pleased smirk on his face.

"Jerk," Hermione scolded and got an eye roll in return.

"You and I are going to have a little talk about your rant to Mrs. Weasley," Harry warned Hermione, who nodded as she had expected it.

Dumbledore stepped into the tent and cleared his throat, causing everyone to turn to him.

"If the people who are not participating in the task would like to head up to the seating areas while the Champions and their supporter please follow me," Dumbledore told them. Everyone nodded as they started to do his bidding.

"Fleur, good luck," Mia told the blonde and the blonde smiled before they both embraced. Both of them had become good friends after they bumped into each other in the library.

"Thank you," Fleur whispered and Mia nodded as she pulled away and smiled into the blonde's face.

"I'll be rooting for you and Harry and Cedric," Mia listed, causing Fleur to laugh as Mia squeezed her arm before she left the tent all together with Hermione.

Harry took a deep breath as one by one the champion left the tent with the person that was representing them - Viktor with the new headmaster considering that their old one had left. Fleur walked out with Madam Maxime, Cedric walked out with his father and Harry walked out with Sirius onto the stage in front of the maze.

Dumbledore moved to the middle of the stage while each championship neared the entrance of the maze that they were to enter - each one had their own entrance.

"Everyone - welcome to the last task of the Triwizarding Championship and this will reveal the winner of the Triwizarding cup!"

The students cheered and clapped while the Gryffindor and Draco just clapped weakly, uncertain of what they were going to face next. All they could do was hope that Harry would come out of this task unscathed.

"Harry," Sirius started as he placed his hand on Harry's shoulder and the younger male looked toward Harry. "Do the best you can and stay safe - it's not worth it if you're dead in the end." Harry nodded and Sirius gave a soft smile. "If you win or lose - I'm proud of you for making it this far." Harry grinned as he moved in closer and hugged his uncle once more. Sirius just hugged his nephew hard before he took a step back and watched as Harry faced the entrance of the maze.

"This task is filled with danger. You will meet more in this task that you will do on the wizarding planet on a normal day," Dumbledore warned the champions. "Take care and remember - the eye can be easily tricked."

The champions nodded as they all turned to face the maze once more. "Harry Potter gains more time to enter the maze - he will go first then Cedric is second. Viktor is third and Fleur is last." The champions nodded their understanding once more and Dumbledore raised his wand into the air and shot a spark out of it, starting the race and Harry ran into the maze only to stop when he saw the hedges melding together, blocking his way out.

"Oh hell," Harry muttered and ran in further into the maze, looking around so he could get a way to get to the cup. Vaguely, he heard the other sparks going off, announcing the time for the other champions to get in.

Harry rounded a corner only to stop when he saw a Dementor heading toward him with a gnarly hand reaching out toward him and his mother screams rang in his head. Harry's hands reached up and covered his ears.

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouted but the white stag did nothing. It didn't make the Dementor back off or howl in agony. Understanding dawned on Harry and he lifted his wand and yelled out 'Riddikulus!' the boggart changed from the black cloaked monster to Hermione standing in front of him, winking and smiling.

Harry let out a relived sigh before he rushed on past the boggart and moved through the maze at a furious speed only to stop when he saw something that he recognised but it was twice bigger than the last time he saw.

"Holy…"

"Shit!" Draco exclaimed. "Is that one of those Blast-ended skrewts that Hagrid brought to his class?" Draco demanded to everyone and got nods in return.

Hermione was just staring at Harry with a stunned look on her face. She had seen the Bogart change from a Dementor to her image and couldn't help the blush that had crossed her face at the scene while Mia just snickered next to her.

"Told you that Harry fancied you," Mia told her only to get an elbow in her side. Now they were staring at the Blast-ended skrewt with a look of horror on their faces.

"Now we know why Hagrid brought them to Hogwarts," Dean stated only to get worried looks in his directions from the girls.

**********

Harry raised his wand as he readied himself to battle with the Blast-ended skrewt only to jump to the side when it shot a fire ball. Harry dropped to the ground and rolled away just the creature ran toward him with the intent on crushing him to death.

Harry stood up only for a stinging shot to hit him in the shoulder. Harry let out a groan as his hand came up to cup his shoulder before he gritted his teeth and looked up at the creature with a hard glare and raised his good arm with his wand and shot out a spell.

The red light glowed in the darkness as it shot toward the creature. It hit the back of the creature and it blew apart under the force of the spell.

Harry ducked backward under the hedge as the pus shot all over the grass and the hedge, burning them. Once everything settled down, Harry came out of the hedge and looked around before wincing as the pain shot through his arm before he moved on, desperate to find a way to end this task for good.

**********

Everyone just stared at messy section with a dumbfounded look on their faces. They couldn't believe what they had just witnessed. It wasn't possible. There was no way that just happened. Right?

"He blew up the creature!" Pansy shouted out with fear in her voice.

"Harry Potter just blew up a Blast-ended skrewt!" another student shouted.

"That isn't possible…is it?" another student asked.

"Well…he is the boy who lived," a student replied, helpfully but that just increased the fear that was already bubbling in everyone.

***********

Harry staggered slightly as he shook his head before he lifted a hand to his wound and concentrated on dispelling the poison and healed the wound slightly but not enough. Sweat beaded on his forehead at the concentration and force it took to heal his wound before he let out a sigh of relief.

Harry looked around only to hear a high piercing scream. His heart stopped when he realised the scream and started to run in the same direction, hoping that he would get there in time to save Fleur from what ever that was happening to her.

Harry rounded the corner of the maze and saw Fleur running away from who ever it was that was chasing her. Her blue eyes widen when she saw Harry and relief started to fill them.

"Harry!" Fleur screamed only for a red light to hit her back and she fell to the ground with a hard thud. Harry watched in horror as the roots of the hedges crept out and started to wrap themselves around the blonde still body and slowly pulled her under the hedge where she would be held captive.

Harry made to go forward to prevent that from happening when a red light shot past him, narrowing missing him.

Startled, Harry looked up and saw that Viktor was heading toward him with a malice look in his eyes. A feral grin crept on his face when he caught sight of the black haired male and raised his wand once more only to be flung back ward when a red light hit him in his stomach, hard.

Harry, breathing heavily, dropped his wand and looked toward Fleur had been only to find that she was gone. Groaning in frustration, Harry raised his wand and sent out two red sparks to indicate that two people needed help before he ran off - he needed to find Cedric to make sure that he was okay and hopefully find the cup at the same time so he could bring an end to this nightmare.

While Harry was running about, he heard a groan and looked down in one of the maze direction and found Cedric fighting the roots that were trying to drag him underground.

"Cedric!" Harry shouted as he ran toward Cedric, using his wand to cut the roots and make them back off. The roots snapped the air and the ground as they tried to scare of Harry and reclaim their victim but Harry was too fast for them and he managed to grab Cedric's hand and pull him to safety.

"Oh, thank god," Cedric breathed out.

"Viktor took out Fleur - it looked like he was under the imperious curse," Harry explained as he tried to catch his breath and Cedric nodded in understanding.

"He attacked me - he just left me when he heard Fleur scream," Cedric told him and Harry nodded before something caught his eye and nodded his head in the direction. Cedric turned and hope filled them both.

The triwizarding cup was sitting on a pedestal and all they had to do was reach the cup and this nightmare would be over - they would be freed.

Both men got up and moved toward the cup while keeping a wary eye about to prevent any other creature from trying to get them when they reached the cup and they looked each other.

"We'll both grab the cup - we both represent Hogwarts - we'll take it back to Hogwarts," Harry told him. Cedric just looked at Harry before a slow grin appeared on his face and he nodded as they both reached out and grabbed the portkey only to feel a familiar tug at their navel before they disappeared.

*******

Mia stood up in shock as her eyes widen, Hermione also stood up, clinging to Mia's hand as her face whitened as her eyes filled with terror as her stomach started to clench.

"We've got a problem!" Mia shouted and everyone looked at her. "Harry and Cedric have disappeared - the cup was a portkey!"

TBC

Sorry.

A/N: Sorry.

Okay - one, I wanted to apologise for taking SO long with this chapter! First - my room was being redecorated which meant that I was moving things about and it didn't help that my bed broke so I was sleeping on a mattress on the ground - not fun and it didn't help me with trying to write a new part.

Thanks to everyone who offered to be my beta - I got a new beta but it made it a lot better knowing that people out there were willing to help.