Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4 by spacegal
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Darkness Year 4

spacegal

A/N 1: Okay - I got mixed reviews of Mia being Mary-sue so I've decided that some things will change (Hopefully it will keep both sides happy). The reason why Mia never told anyone she was a mermaid is revealed in this chapter and a few other things are revealed too.

A/N 2: Hermione COULDN'T save Harry because none of them are that advanced in their elemental magic yet. Add in the fact that Hermione was confused and dazed after what had happened to her and given the time to fill her in and for her to save Harry would result in Harry's death.

A/N 3: Mia being a mermaid is vital for the later chapters because she will help Hermione out with her transformation. Draco's love interest doesn't arrive until the next book.

Chapter 15: Papers, Problems and Warning.

Mia was sitting at the table in the Great Hall the next morning and sighed to herself as she picked up the papers only to see her face on the front page and the headline 'Black Girl hides Secret!'

Mia's small frown marred her forehead as she wondered how Skeeter had found out about her being a half mermaid. A small thud brought her out of her thoughts and she turned to see Hunter sitting next to her, straddling the bench.

"Yes?" Mia asked curiously about what Hunter wanted.

"I need your help," Hunter told her, causing Mia to arch an eyebrow. "How do you stop a girl from following you around when you don't want her to?"

Mia frowned softly when she felt a pang of jealously run through her body before she shook it off and tuned back into the conversation.

"How do you mean?" Mia asked, curious about who Hunter was talking about.

"There's this female who keeps following me around and she's kinda getting on my nerves," Hunter admitted.

"Who?" Mia asked her curiosity unsatisfied.

"That blonde from the other school," Hunter told her before frowning. "She's one of the champions." Understanding dawned on Mia's face.

"Ah - Fleur - the half veela," Mia stated. "Harry overheard Fleur telling a friend that she was a half veela - which explains why most of the men are falling over her. Curious about why you're not falling over her though."

Hunter rolled his eyes at the question before shrugging.

"I don't just go for looks... a girl has got to have an attractive personality too," Hunter explained and Mia nodded in understanding.

"Maybe you could tell her that you are not interested in her like that?" Mia suggested only for Hunter to wince.

"I tried that, but she doesn't seem to get the message," Hunter explained. "Do you think you know anyone that she could be attracted to?" Mia looked at him questioningly.

"Are you trying to get her off your back or set her up with someone else?" Mia asked and Hunter grinned.

"I'm planning on setting her up with someone else. You see, if I can find someone who really likes her then maybe she could like him back and in the process leave me alone," Hunter explained.

"I don't get why you don't like her - she's nice," Mia protested and Hunter looked at her curiously causing Mia to blush slightly. "We've talked - she's a really nice girl, just a little misjudged. You have no idea how many men hit on her just because she's a blonde and a veela." Hunter shrugged.

"Look, I'm sure she's a really nice person but she's not my type and I don't want to get involved with her. I just want to divert her attention onto someone who could really care for her and really wants to date her because they want to know her," Hunter explained and Mia sighed.

"And you've come to me…because?" Mia asked. "I'm not exactly dating material considering the fact that I tend to flip guys onto their back before trying to crush their ribs." Hunter couldn't stop the laughter from coming out. "Glad I could amuse you."

"Sorry," Hunter choked out as he tried to breath through his laughter. He tried to calm himself down and settle back to normal. "Sorry," he apologised once more. "You know some of the boys here. Are you telling me that none of them are really interested in her?"

"Not unless you're talking physically," Mia admitted with a small disgusted wince. Some of the men here haven't really grown up past the stage that dating isn't all about sex."

"Ah," Hunter understood. He saw Mia's eyes light up with an idea and curiosity sparked inside of him. "You do have an idea. Who?"

Mia was taken aback when she realised that Hunter seemed to understand her and it made her a little nervous before she shook herself.

"I was thinking of this older man I know - Bill Weasley. He's single, and Ron's commented on how he likes blondes. I wonder if I could get Ron to convince Bill to come down for the last task and maybe you could set them up somehow?" Mia suggested.

"Me?" Hunter asked wide eyes and Mia nodded before she narrowed her eyes at him.

"It's your idea buddy - I'm not getting involved!" Mia informed him. Hunter mock-pouted, but Mia wasn't convinced by it. "Nope - forget it. I firmly believe that, yes, people sometimes need a helping hand. They should find each other on their own. All you need to do is get them to meet and let nature take its course."

"Alone?" Hunter asked. Mia nodded.

"Yep - alone," Mia told him before shrugging. "I can't hold your hand for this. You want Fleur off your back so you need to do it yourself. It's the only way you'll learn anything."

"Oh thanks. Throw me to the wolves," Hunter remarked, causing Mia to grin.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," she patted his shoulder before looking at her watch and sighing. "I gotta go to the library - I have homework for potions."

"Did I hear you mention my class?" A silky voice spoke up and Mia turned to see Snape standing there.

"Yep," Mia informed him before frowning. "Potions homework. Remember you said we were to do research on the wolf bane potion and its side effects and if there was anything to prevent those side effects so that the people who were bitten would have an easier time changing."

Snape just arched an eyebrow at the young female, suddenly on alert that she was speaking civilly to him. Hunter just gaped at Mia, wondering where the smart-assed Mia had gone to.

Mia stood up, shouldering her bag that contained her homework, and shot Snape a sweet and innocent smile. "Later!" Mia walked out of the Great Hall with Snape and Hunter watching after her.

Hunter gave Snape an unsure grin before he got up and bolted after Mia, leaving Snape frowning behind him.

She had to have done something to office. He'd bet his wand on it. Snape set off to investigate, intent on finding out what she had done.

Hunter made his way into the library and found Mia rounding a bookcase. He made his way over there but startled her when she turned around and saw him standing there and received a hard glare for his trouble.

"What?" Mia hissed, mindful of Madam Pince. As much as she may have liked the older woman, she was terrified of her in the library.

"Why are we whispering?" Hunter whispered back and Mia shot him an 'are you insane?' look.

"Have you even met Madam Pince?" Mia demanded in a whisper as she looked around for the older woman before she looked at Hunter once more. "She's flipping terrifying when she wants to be."

Hunter arched an eyebrow in amusement to see the usually fearless Mia Black scared of a librarian.

"She's not that scary," Hunter whispered. Mia just nodded as she crossed her arms.

"Then why are you whispering?" Mia shot back quietly, stumping Hunter with her question before she walked off in search for her book.

While she was browsing the bookcases and scanning the books, she bumped into another figure, startling both of them.

Mia let out a small shriek before she clamped her hand over her mouth to prevent her scream from being heard before she glared at the intruder.

"Malfoy!" Mia hissed. "What the heck do you think you are doing sneaking around?"

"I wasn't sneaking around!" Malfoy shot back. "Maybe you should start looking where you're going Black!"

"Oh…" Mia lifted her hands as she reached to strangle him when a female voice cracked through the air.

"Miss Black! Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Wolfe! I'd thank you to keep your voices DOWN!" Madam Pince snapped at them in a hissed whisper.

"Sorry Madam Pince," all three apologised back to her softly. She just gave a severe nod before walking away. Once she was out of sight, all three of them relaxed visibly and let out a small soft sigh of relief.

"I heard that!" came the sharp voice again, startling them such that they straightened up and looked toward the direction of the voice only to see that she wasn't in sight.

"How does she do that?" All three of them whispered to each other before Malfoy shook his head and walked out of the library, leaving Hunter and Mia alone.

"I guess you were right when you said she was terrifying," Hunter stated quietly and he got a nod of agreement from Mia.

************

Ron was making his way to the Great Hall when he heard someone call out his name. Curious, Ron turned around only to arch an eyebrow when he saw Percy making his way through a crowd of students.

"Percy? What are you doing here?" Ron asked curious as Percy moved closer to his younger brother.

"Is there somewhere we can talk privately - I don't want anyone to overhear us," Percy told him and Ron nodded as he led the way to an empty classroom where he knew that no one would be able to overhear them.

Once they were inside, Percy cast a locking charm on the door and a silencing charm over the room.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Ron asked, curious about all the secrecy.

"What I'm about to tell you must not get any further than Harry, Hermione or Mia," Percy told him and Ron agreed. "Crouch has gone missing. No one knows where he is and he's not answering any of his owls."

"Why are you telling me this?" Ron asked curiously.

"Because there was a piece of paper on his desk with Harry's name written on it. It's my belief that Crouch may approach Harry. Listen Ron - something has happened, something that spooked Crouch so badly that he has disappeared. I have a feeling it's something to do with Harry," Percy explained.

Ron frowned, still not understanding why Harry was stuck in the middle of it.

"What do you mean that it has something to do with Harry?" Ron asked.

"I met up with Crouch a few days ago. He was mumbling about something like having to tell Dumbledore something and that it involved Harry. Now if I'm getting it right - then something bad is going to happen to Harry unless we can find Crouch and get him give us the answers," Percy explained.

Ron sat down heavily on the table as he process everything that had been told him.

"What kind of bad thing?" Ron asked, not really wanting the answer but at the same time needing it. He watched as Percy paled slightly before he swallowed hard and met Ron's gaze head on.

"Harry's death," Percy admitted and Ron felt the air leave his chest.

************

Mia and Hunter were walking around the castle ground until they came to small bench when Hunter's curiosity got to be too much for him.

"So, how come you never told anyone you are a mermaid?" Hunter asked.

"Half mermaid," Mia ground out through her teeth before rubbing a hand over her forehead. "God - I'm sorry, I'm just bitchy this year."

"That's what I don't get, why are you bitchy?" Hunter asked and Mia sighed as she sat down on her chair and looked at Hunter before shaking her head.

"Voldemort is going to come back," Mia admitted. Hunter just stared at her after this revelation. "Harry is going to be at the front line when Voldemort comes back because he'll want Harry dead for defeating him as a baby. I'm just working overtime so that I won't lose my brother."

"How do you know that Voldemort will come back?" Hunter whispered, causing Mia's eyes to snap up to his, shocked that he actually had said Voldemort's name.

"Because he's come back twice already," Mia told him. "He possessed a teacher back in our first year, and he came back through a book in our second year. Now Harry has been forced into the Triwizarding Tournament - it can't a coincidence. Especially not after the quidditch match."

"Where the death eaters attacked," Hunter remembered and Mia nodded as she turned her face toward the lake.

"Harry is in danger and I don't know how to handle it. I'm spinning out of control. I know I am but I have no idea how to get my life back in control," Mia admitted.

"Maybe you need someone special to help you," Hunter told her and Mia scoffed lightly.

"And lose them in the end because they can't handle me or they die?" Mia asked as she turned her face toward Hunter's. "Do you have any idea what it's like to lose someone you're so hopelessly in love with?" Mia asked. Hunter shook his head. "I see it every time I ask my dad about my mom - the pain that fills his eyes when he remembers how he lost her. I don't want that to ever to happen to anyone else."

"But…isn't it better to love and lost rather than to never love at all?" Hunter asked. Mia turned tear filled eyes up to his before shrugging.

"My dad dreams of my mom. I can hear him at night and he cries too - the heartbreaking crying just tears me apart. It's bad enough that I might lose Harry to Voldemort when he comes back but I don't know if I would ever cope losing him and someone I completely love - how could you move on from that?" Mia whispered.

Hunter couldn't help the empathy that filled his heart. He could see that Mia desperately wanted to find love but that she was scared at the thought that she could lose that person to Voldemort just because they were involved in with her.

"I think you just have to take that risk... know what it's like to be in love rather than going through the motions without knowing what love is really like," Hunter quietly told her.

Mia just locked eyes with him for a moment as she thought about his words before Hunter decided to change the conversation.

"So what's it like being a half mermaid?" Hunter asked and Mia sighed.

"My mom was a half mermaid - I don't like using my form," Mia told him, leaving Hunter curious.

"How do you mean?" Hunter asked and Mia sighed as she tried to express how the urges were like.

"When I change, I get the urge to hurt those people who have done something wrong," Mia explained before she frowned. "Look - the merpeoples' lives aren't easy. They have been through a lot at the hands of humans - wives have been taken and forced to marry people on land, children have been kidnapped and forced to take things from the sea - all those urges get passed on to that one day that revenge."

"And you don't like it?" Hunter asked.

"No - the one thing I'm scared of is being out of control of my own feelings. The feeling that I could really hurt someone scares me so I rarely use my mermaid form. I've only used it twice in my life," Mia explained.

"Why does the Ministry want you to register as one then?" Hunter asked. Mia just looked at him, wondering where he had been all this time and Hunter blushed slightly. "I went to a muggle secondary school while my parents home schooled me about magic - they decided to send me to Hogwarts after it became clear that I needed some help in some areas of magic."

"Home schooled - interesting," Mia stated before she turned back to the original topic. "Because merpeople can be dangerous when they want to be and there have been some cases where half merpeople have lost their sanity due to the continual changing back and forth. It's the Ministry's way of keeping track of who is unnatural and who's normal."

"Are you going to register?" Hunter asked.

"I have no choice. Fudge will use something against me just to get me to sign it. It'd be better just to get it over and done with so I don't have him coming to my door to arrest me or something," Mia muttered, frustrated with her lack of control over her life.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad," Hunter tried to console her but from the defeated expression on her face; he knew that it hadn't worked.

Both of them just sat there watching the sun that was beginning to make it descent. As it set, the sky changed colours and the lake lit up, taking everyone who was watching breath away.

**********

Harry was in the Great Hall after spending most of the morning with Draco working on their elemental powers and most of the afternoon with Hermione doing their potions homework. Ron walked in and sat across from him at the table.

"Crouch is missing," Ron informed him bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked. Ron nudged his head over to the head table and Harry saw that Percy was shaking Dumbledore's hand and telling him something.

"Crouch has gone missing and no one knows where he is. So Percy is filling in for him as one of the judges," Ron explained.

"Where do you think Crouch has gone?" Harry asked as Ron filled his plate and got a shrug in return.

"I think something happened. Did you see him at the last task?" Ron asked. Harry frowned as he thought back and realised that Crouch had seemed a bit pale and off balanced. It was like that he was spooked or haunted by something.

"Yeah - but what could have happened to him?" Harry murmured. Ron just continued to stare at his food as he concentrated on cutting his food up - an action that had Harry confused and concerned. "Ron?"

Ron looked up at his best friend and felt his heart swell a bit before he looked away. All he could think was Percy's confession.

"So what - Harry is going to die?" Ron demanded. Percy sighed as he shrugged.

"Ron - it is not definite that Harry will die or that his death is even being plotted," Percy tried to assure his brother but got a disgusted scoff in return.

"Of course his death is being plotted - what the fuck do you think the person was planning when they put Harry's name into the Goblet of Fire? Fun and games?!" Ron shouted as he got off the table and started pacing the floor. He ran his hands through his red locks, making them stand up even more. "How am I supposed to tell Harry that his life is in danger again? No, scratch that - how am I supposed to tell Hermione and Mia that the man they love is the target again?"

"Ron - you don't need to tell them!" Percy exclaimed and Ron turned his furious blue eyes on Percy.

"Don't need to tell them?" Ron parroted. "What do I say if Harry does die? 'Sorry, I knew it was going to happen but no one wanted me to tell you'?!" Percy looked away. "They'll fucking lose their temper and take out the entire wizarding world after going to the dark side! They are already on edge, especially Mia, because Harry has been forced into the Triwizarding. Keeping secrets now with Harry's life on the line is something that will bite me in the ass!" Ron roared.

"Ron…" Percy started but stopped when he saw Ron's shoulder slump down in devastation and defeat.

"Ron?" Harry's voice called him back to the present. Ron looked up, blinking as he came out of his thoughts, and found himself looking into concerned green eyes.

"Yeah?" Ron croaked out and Harry frowned.

"Are you okay? You just zoned out on me," Harry explained and Ron plastered a fake bright smile on his face.

"I'm fine!" Ron assured him, one that immediately had Harry suspicious. But he left it alone - Ron would come to him when he was ready.

"Okay - but don't you think you've put enough on your plate?" Harry asked with vague amusement. Ron looked confused before he looked at his plate only to find, to his astonishment, that he had filled the plate with even more food than usual.

Harry couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up from his chest after holding it in too long. He couldn't believe Ron's face.

Ron let a genuine smile escape his lips as he watched his best friend laugh and silently agreed to himself that maybe he shouldn't tell Harry just what Percy had told him.

"What's so funny?" a female voice asked and they turned to see Hermione sitting down in her normal seat next to Harry with an amused smile on her face.

"Hey," Harry greeted as his face lit up with a bright smile before he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. Ron looked away when he saw Hermione slip her hand into his hair as she kissed him back and found that most of the students were gaping at the couple.

Ron just shook his head before he scanned his eyes over to the other tables only to have them lock with a pair of dreamy blue eyes. Ron sent the owner a small smile.

Luna smiled back with a dreamy wave before she turned back to her housemate, who was asking her a question. Ron couldn't help the smile from getting larger as he watched Luna's radish earrings swinging from her ears with her head movement and how one of her hands played with her cork necklace. He shook his head and turned back to find that Harry was now resting his forehead on Hermione's as he spoke softly to her.

Yes, he was right in keeping the last part from Harry, Ron thought as he looked at Hermione. He would wait until tomorrow as he watched Hermione's eyes brighten with amusement and love and he didn't want to be the one who would pull that light out of her eyes - she had enough worries on her plate. It was better just to leave her alone to enjoy her time with Harry.

**********

Ron had left the Great Hall after dessert with a majority of the students. A few stragglers were left just lingering with Harry and Hermione. Harry was straddling the bench facing Hermione, who was working on some homework.

Harry saw a paper that had been left on the table and decided to go ahead and catch up on the news. When he flipped it open his jaw tightened almost immediately.

"What the fuck?!" Harry demanded as the paper crinkled in his hands.

"Harry?" Hermione asked, concerned. Harry raised his head and looked at her before he turned the paper so that she could see the headline. Hermione's jaw dropped when she saw the headline about Mia being a mermaid and how her actions over the years had made perfect sense - her mermaid urges were beginning to get control of her and made her attack innocent people.

"I want to know how the hell she found out about this!" Harry raged. "She wasn't anywhere near the fucking lake!"

"That we know of," Hermione reminded him as she took the papers from his hands and skimmed through it.

"We need to find out how she is getting all this information - I'm sick and tired of seeing our friends plastered across the papers just because they happen to have a secret!" Harry informed her.

"I know," Hermione told him as she placed a comforting hand on his thigh. "But you can't go running into it already like you're ready for battle. You need to work out a plan first on how to take her down so that she can't get back up."

"I wonder if Mia has seen this," Harry murmured and Hermione gave him a sad smile.

"I think Mia has given up fighting with anyone at the moment," Hermione told him and Harry looked at Hermione, confused. "She was nice to Snape this morning." Harry's jaw dropped open before he shook his head.

"No way - I bet you anything that she has done something to him and she is keeping the heat off herself," Harry told her, but he lacked conviction. "Really?" Hermione nodded.

"Yeah - I think she has taken our advice and decided to slow down before she burns herself out," Hermione told him. "That means no picking fights, getting into arguments or allowing herself to be wound up - or at least not as often."

"Wow," Harry uttered as he sat back, shocked that Mia was actually listening to them about taking a break. "Will miracles never cease?"

Hermione backhanded Harry lightly on the chest. "Be nice," she scolded him. "Mia does take advice."

"Yeah, when she actually listens to them," Harry reminded her and Hermione rolled her eyes in return as she turned back to the paper. Harry was right - Mia could be very stubborn when she wanted to be, but Hermione was glad to see that her best friend was slowing her pace rather than bolting off when ever something annoyed her.

Harry saw a movement out of the corner of his eye and turned to see Viktor making his way out of the Great Hall. His eyes hardened slightly then softened again as he turned to face Hermione.

"I'll be back soon - I need to talk to someone," Harry told her. Hermione nodded as Harry moved in and kissed her on the lips before he stroked her cheek with his thumb. He rose and left the Great Hall with Hermione staring after him wearing a dreamy gaze.

*********

Viktor was making his way back to his ship when something interrupted him.

"We need to talk," a cold male voice spoke and Viktor turned to see Harry standing there.

"I agree," Viktor told him and followed Harry around to the side of the castle. "What is going on with you and Hermione," Viktor demanded in his thick accent. Harry glared at Viktor.

"She's my girlfriend," Harry informed Viktor coldly. He looked at Harry, appearing startled. "Hermione has made it very clear that she isn't interested in you, and I don't like it when my girlfriend comes up to me and tells me that a man is harassing her. This despite her refusal to date him. So now I'm taking over. Leave. Hermione. Alone."

"I like her," Viktor told him.

"I love her," Harry informed Viktor bluntly, causing Viktor's eyes to widen in surprise. "Leave Hermione alone or you'll have me to deal with - I don't like it when my girlfriend is upset. That means I get upset, and trust me when I say you don't want to deal with me upset."

"She doesn't seem to want me to back off," Viktor remarked slyly but that just pushed the last of Harry's buttons.

Harry let out a growl as he grabbed the lapels of Viktor's robe and pinned him to the wall with a hard thud. Viktor just looked at Harry with a shocked look as his bravado started to falter.

"You listen to me and listen to me carefully," Harry warned in a low tone. "If Hermione tells me that you are still watching her and following her about, you won't live long enough to get arrested for manhandling her. You'll be six feet under Hogwarts' ground when I get through with you!"

Viktor opened his mouth to say something but stopped when the lantern's fire burned even brighter. "You don't want to mess with me. When you mess around with someone I care and love about, you won't be missed when I'm through! I wonder what the papers will say when I tell them about you stalking and manhandling a young female - one who has a boyfriend and has repeatedly rebuffed your advances. It wouldn't go well with any kind of respectable future, would it?"

"You wouldn't d…" Viktor threatened but it was lacking conviction.

"Just try me," Harry warned. "Give me a reason to break your knees."

Hermione was looking for Harry when she heard raised voices and looked around the next corner. When she saw Viktor pinned against the wall with Harry was holding him there, her eyebrows shot up in curiosity.

"I can go to the Ministry and inform them that the Boy-Who-Lived is threatening another champion," Viktor told Harry, who just gave a cold smile in response.

"And I could inform the ministry that one champion is harassing another champion's girlfriend and that he has manhandled her enough for her to get bruises - which can be classed as assault in the muggle world, by the way. You would get a criminal record for that," Harry warned Viktor.

Harry was fed up making veiled threats, and he was getting tired of wasting his time with Viktor when he could be with Hermione instead. He decided to make it final and leave with a crystal clear message. "Stay away from Hermione - she has enough trouble without a pathetic idiot causing her even more." He threw Viktor away from him, making Viktor stumble. "I'll be watching."

Viktor hurried away from Harry. A part of him was irritated about running away - the same part of him that wanted to go and get Hermione and make her his for good - but a larger part knew that Harry would make good on his threats.

Harry brushed his hands together and turned around to walk back to the Great Hall only to see Hermione standing there with a small pleased smile on her face, even though her eyes were filled with tears.

"Hermione?" Harry asked and Hermione hurried over to Harry and hugged him, hard.

"Thank you," Hermione told him as Harry rubbed her back before he pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"He was upsetting you and I don't like seeing my girl upset," Harry informed her and Hermione kissed him gently on the lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close as she continued to thank him.

Viktor watched from the distance before he bowed his head and admitted defeat. He turned around and walked off, leaving Hermione alone with Harry.

Harry and Hermione were about to make their way up to the castle when Harry heard a rustling sound. Curious, he made his way over to the bushes when Crouch stumbled out of the foliage, looking deathly pale.

"Mr. Crouch?" Harry asked in surprise. Hermione just looked at the man with a look of confusion on her face.

Crouch fell to his knees as he stumbled toward them. Harry hurried over and helped him lie down before he did any more damage to himself.

"I have an important message to give to Dumbledore…" Crouch mumbled out before he looked at Harry with a curious look on his face as if he was trying to place where he had seen Harry before.

"Mr. Crouch, everything will be okay…" Harry started but he was cut off.

"I need to tell Dumbledore…" Crouch croaked out before his eyes rolled up into the back of his head and his head dropped backward as he took his last breath.

Harry lifted a hand and touched the base of his neck only to find that there wasn't a pulse. He looked up at Hermione before shaking his head.

"He's dead," Harry told her, causing both of them to share a look that was unreadable.

"What did he need to tell Dumbledore?" Hermione whispered the one question that was on both of their minds.

*********

Draco was sitting in an empty classroom starting Mia, wondering how he was going to start the conversation about what he had seen the night before. He knew that he should have obliviated himself the second he got back to his room, but common sense had taken over. He was still concerned, however.

Mia was going off the rails this year and it worried him about this getting involved with Cedric. The last he had heard, she was interested in Hunter, but now he caught her kissing Cedric. It was confusing to say at the least.

"I have something to tell you," Draco started and Mia looked at him, curious about what he was going to say. "I saw you…last night." Mia frowned in confusion before understanding dawned on her and she turned away with a slight blush to her cheeks.

"Oh god," she whispered as she leaned forward and buried her face into her hands. "I never thought anyone would see that."

"What is going on Mia? You're all over the place," Draco told her, concerned, and Mia straightened with a sad smile.

"God Draco - what am I going to do?" Mia. "I like two males and I like one better than the other but I can't be with him!"

"Mia…" Draco didn't know what to say. He liked someone too and he was worried about getting her involved in his life - especially when she didn't know anything about him being undercover. They had spoken to each other but it never seemed to go any further than that.

"So, you're dating Cedric now?" Draco asked and Mia nodded. Draco frowned. "I thought you liked Hunter."

"I do, but I like Cedric too," Mia lied. Draco wasn't convinced and just stared at her until she broke down. "Cedric is safer - I won't lose him."

"Mia - it's not right," Draco whispered but Mia shook her head.

"It'll be okay - I like Cedric. I may like Hunter more but in the end, my feelings for Hunter will have to fade - Cedric really likes me and I really like him," Mia explained. Draco just looked unconvinced while Mia turned her head to the window. "It just has too." But deep inside of her, she knew that she was making a mistake.

TBC

I hope this made you satisfied.

Does it count as a flaw on Mia's part?