Unofficial Portkey Archive

At the Beginning With You by husker_fan_2006
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

At the Beginning With You

husker_fan_2006

Chapter 22: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

---------------------------

Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a river

I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

- `At the Beginning' by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis from the movie Anastasia

----------------------------

The last few weeks before Christmas passed quickly, what with preparations for Teddy's first Christmas keeping both Harry and Hermione and also Kreacher busy and all the other things that needed doing, the days just flew by. Soon it was Christmas Eve. So far the plan was that that evening, Ron and Luna were going to join Harry, Hermione and Teddy for dinner, and then on Christmas day it'd just be the three of them. Harry had hoped Andromeda was going to be able to join them for Christmas, but when he talked to her neighbor, she said Andromeda wasn't doing so well. So Harry and Hermione made sure to take Teddy over to her house to spend some time with her since she couldn't come to them.

In the weeks since Hermione and Ron had lunch that one day, Hermione still hadn't said anything to Harry like Ron had suggested. Every time she'd start to bring up the subject, she'd chicken out. She could tell she was starting to get on Harry's nerves with her cowardice, he could tell there was something she wanted to talk about or tell him, but every time he brought it up, she'd tell him it was nothing and change the subject. And every time she brought it up, she'd lose her nerve at the last minute. So much for Gryffindor courage.

She did, however, fix things with Barrett finally. That was the first conclusion she'd come to after talking to Ron that day; she needed to break things off with Barrett. It wasn't fair to lead him on, having him think that everything was going to work out. After she'd talked to him asking him to meet her so they could talk, she was dreading the conversation. What was she going to say? How was she going to say it? She thought about how her relationships had ended in the past. With Ron, it ended because they were angry with each other. With Viktor, that relationship just sort of died when they stopped writing to each other. With Cormac, (Hermione shuddered remembering that moment of stupidity) she'd ignored him because he was a prat who couldn't keep his hands to himself and she just wanted to be rid of him as soon as possible. To Hermione's surprise, the conversation with Barrett had gone better than she'd expected it to.

"So what did you want to talk about, Hermione?" Hermione took a deep breath and sighed, keeping her eyes on her coffee mug and drumming her fingernails on it, making nervous little clicking sounds. When she finally looked up and was about to speak, Barrett beat her to it.

"Wait, I have a feeling I know where this is headed."

"You do?"

"Yes. It's not working out, is it?" Hermione gave him a sad and apologetic look and shook her head.

"No, it's not. I'm sorry."

"I had a feeling that's what this was going to be about when I received your owl. And I'm not surprised, either. I hoped I was wrong, but I could kind of start to tell that things weren't working out between us."

"I wish I could say that they were going to work out. You're a great man, Barrett, but it's not fair to either one of us to keep trying to make it work when we know it won't."

"I agree."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. We just weren't meant to be, that's just the way it goes. Our future significant others will be glad of this." Hermione laughed.

"Yes, I suppose they will."

"And I know this is completely cliché to say this, but I hope we can still be friends, right?"

"Of course."

"Good. Well, I suppose I should go, I'll talk with you later, Hermione," Barrett said as he stood up to leave.

"Goodbye, Barrett."

After he'd gone, it was like an enormous weight had been lifted off of Hermione's shoulders. Now all she had to do was talk to Harry, and that thought made her ten times more nervous than she'd been prior to talking to Barrett.

--------------

If Harry had been surprised how Grimmauld Place had changed when he took up ownership, he was astounded at how it looked decked out in Christmas decorations. Kreacher had truly outdone himself. Garland was strung everywhere, over the doorways, around the banister on the staircase, and around the mantel of the fireplace. Strands of Christmas lights were all over, as well as candles that went on burning unless someone blew them out, and they wouldn't start a bigger fire should they get knocked over or bumped. In the living room next to the fireplace was an enormous Christmas tree that had been decorated with lights, ribbons, and ornaments and beneath it of course were the presents. Hanging on the mantel were three stockings, one for Harry, one for Hermione, and the biggest one for Teddy. All day long the house smelled of the cooking dinner and more than once both Harry and Hermione had to remind Kreacher that there were only going to be five people for dinner that evening and that the meal didn't have to feed a small army.

Later that day, Hermione was getting Teddy dressed for dinner. While she was doing this, Harry was sitting in the rocking chair in Teddy's room talking with her and handing her the various things she'd need to get the little guy ready.

"So what do you think of the fact that Ron's bringing Luna tonight?" Harry asked. Hermione shrugged.

"I think it's great. They'll be good for each other. He'll help her stay down to earth, and she'll help him look at things from a different perspective." She took Teddy's old diaper off of him and wiped him clean, and before she could open her mouth to ask, Harry was handing her a fresh diaper.

"I suppose you're right. It's just not a couple I would've guessed would ever happen. I'm surprised Ron even gave her a chance." Hermione shrugged again as she finished putting Teddy's diaper on and Harry handed her Teddy's long sleeved red one-zee. Teddy was smiling happily and trying to kick his feet and pull them up to his hands. He always liked it when Harry and Hermione both helped get him dressed because they were together. Teddy was always happiest when his two caretakers were together.

"Now that I think back, I think Luna always wanted it to happen. I think she's always had a thing for him. He was just caught up in too many other things and other people to notice." She finished buttoning Teddy's one-zee and Harry handed her Teddy's little overalls. This was one of the first times Harry and Hermione had a good conversation since they came home for the holiday vacation. That's not to say that they didn't talk, they just usually talked about Teddy or school. And it's not like there weren't things to say, each one had something very important to say to the other one. The only problem was that neither one of them could work up the courage to broach the subject.

"Yeah probably so. I think she'll be good for him," Harry said, handing Hermione Teddy's socks and sneakers. He liked Teddy's shoes; it was interesting to see the same kind of footwear adults would have only shrunk to the size of a few inches. The only problem with them was that they belonged to a little man who always liked to kick his feet when one was trying to put shoes on him. Teddy would rather go barefoot than wear shoes and socks, but since it was winter, he had to wear something on his feet. After coaxing Teddy to keep his feet still, Hermione finally got his shoes on and he was fully dressed.

"There we go, all set!" She picked Teddy up and set him on his feet on the changing table. Teddy happily clapped his hands and laughed. Hermione wrinkled her nose at him and smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She said to Teddy, "Here you go, little man, you go to Daddy so I can get dressed." She handed Teddy to Harry and left to go change from her sweatshirt and sweatpants to nicer clothes.

"Should we get a book out to read while Hermione's changing clothes?" Teddy clapped his hands as Harry reached for the closest book to the chair, which was the Peter Pan book Hermione had gotten him a while ago. Part of the way through the book, the part where Peter Pan had just rescued Wendy from walking the plank off the Jolly Roger, Teddy stopped paying attention to the story and looked up at the door.

"Mine-e?" Harry looked at him and gave him a questioning look.

"What?"

"Mine-e? Mine-e?" He was speaking so softly and looking back and forth between Harry and the door. When he looked at Harry, he was giving him a wide eyed confused look. It was almost like he was unsure if what he was saying was the right word. Harry couldn't understand what he was saying or trying to say and had to repeat it to himself a couple times.

"Mine? Mine?" Harry whispered to himself. "Yours?" he said, tapping the book. "Your book? Teddy's book."

Teddy pushed the book away a little and said again, "Mine-e?" This time the two syllables were a little more clear so Harry could pick out what he was saying, just not what he was meaning.

"My knee?" And then it hit him. Mione. Hermione. Mine-e was Teddy's way of saying Hermione.

"Hermione? Is that what you're saying?"

"Mine-e," Teddy said with a little more confidence this time, but was still looking at the door.

"She'll be back. She's just getting dressed. Mine-e will be back." Harry started to read again, and Teddy's attention was brought back to the brightly colored book in Harry's hands.

Having finished changing clothes, putting on a simple burgundy long sleeved button down shirt and dark blue jeans, Hermione headed back to Teddy's room. She had black flats on her feet and the only jewelry she wore was a pair of black tear drop earrings. She left her hair down but styled it a little so it was more curls instead of thick, bushy mess. She heard Harry reading to Teddy and she looked around the corner of the doorway to watch the two of them. She smiled as she saw them sitting in the rocking chair, rocking back and forth while Harry read. Teddy was absorbed in the story, even though he'd heard it hundreds of times. He would put his hand on the pictures every once in a while, and Harry would stop at the end of a sentence and tell him what it was that Teddy was pointing to.

"That's a crocodile. He's got a clock in his belly so he goes, tick tock, tick tock." When Harry mimicked the clock he swayed Teddy left and right in time with the sound and Teddy giggled. Hermione smiled at the two of them. She always loved watching Harry with Teddy; it was another one of the things she loved about him. It surprised her how natural this parenting thing had come to him, especially since Teddy wasn't his biological son. She always knew Harry would be a good father, and he was proving her right. Right then he looked so handsome in his dark green turtleneck sweater and blue jeans, his black hair its usual mess, and his bright green eyes smiling as he happily read to the little godson he'd come to love. Son, she corrected herself. In almost every way, Teddy was Harry's son now. She finally came around the corner to let herself be seen and as soon as Harry saw her he told her the exciting news.

"Guess what Teddy said?"

"What?"

Harry didn't answer her; he just pointed to Hermione and asked Teddy, "Teddy, who's that?" Teddy smiled happily as he looked up at Hermione.

"Mine-e." Hermione's jaw dropped a little as she heard clearly what he said.

"Hear it? Mine-e. That's about as close as he'll get to saying Hermione for a while." Hermione smiled and nodded that she'd heard.

"That's great."

"It took me a while to figure out what he was saying. I could understand that he was saying Mine-e, but I wasn't putting two and two together."

"You'll get better at it; soon you'll be able to understand him better than anyone else will."

"Mine-e, Mine-e, Mine-e, Mine-e," Teddy said over and over again, swaying from side to side like Harry had done with him on the tick-tocks. Both Harry and Hermione laughed as he did this, and when they laughed, Teddy laughed. He held his hands up to Hermione for her to pick him up, and when she did so, she kissed him on the cheek.

"You're just too cute, kid." Teddy laughed again and his hair turned orange. Harry put the book aside and stood up from the chair, standing next to Hermione and Teddy.

"Well, should we go downstairs? Ron and Luna will be here pretty soon."

-----------

Ron and Luna arrived by Floo around six. Right away Luna happily explained to Hermione the same thing she'd explained to Harry a while ago, that she was easily able to just be Luna, their eccentric friend from school, and it wouldn't be weird spending Christmas Eve with two of her teachers. And true to her word, it wasn't awkward at all as the four of them sat down to dinner. It was like four friends from school getting together and enjoying each other's company. It was another one of those moments of normalcy Harry enjoyed now that the war was over.

"So who cooked tonight? This was a really good dinner," Ron commented as they were starting on the pumpkin pie.

"Kreacher did," Hermione replied.

"Oh, I almost forgot about Kreacher. He's still a good cook."

"And an enthusiastic one at that. Hermione and I had to keep reminding him that there were only going to be five people eating tonight, so he didn't need to prepare a feast for an entire army."

"And the house looks amazing, Harry," Luna said. "Granted, I've never been here before so I don't know what it looked like before you fixed it up and before there were Christmas decorations all over, but from what Ronald told me, it is definitely an improvement."

"Yeah, not too bad for a house that used to belong to dark wizard supporters, is it?"

"Yep, it's nice you have a place like this to raise Teddy and any other family you may have some day," Luna said. Harry fidgeted uncomfortably at Luna's comment and sat a little straighter in his chair as he picked up his fork again and took a bite of pie. He and Hermione just happened to glance at each other for just a fraction of a second before they both averted their gaze when they realized the other one was looking. Both Ron and Luna noticed the tension that seemed to fall around table especially between their host and hostess. Teddy just played happily with his spoon and the little slice of pumpkin pie in front of him, oblivious to the adults around him, smashing his spoon into the pie and then putting it into his mouth, but only half of the spoonful reached his mouth, the rest was on his face. Hermione nervously cleared her throat to break the silence that had somehow settled around the table, save for Teddy, and spoke.

"Well, should we take our pie into the sitting room and finish it there and then we can open presents."

"Sounds like a good idea," Ron said when Harry didn't say anything. The four of them got up, and Ron and Luna headed for the living room leaving Harry and Hermione in the dining room.

Hermione handed Harry her plate and said to him, "You go on, I'll get Teddy cleaned up." Harry didn't leave right away, though, he lingered in the dining room and watched as Hermione summoned a box of wipes from the kitchen and pulled one out to wipe Teddy's face. The baby made a face and turned his head as she approached him with the wipe, but after fighting him for a couple seconds, she was able to get his face wiped clean. She then unhooked his table to his highchair and pulled him out of the chair and into her arms.

"Should we go open presents, Teddy?" she asked him as she joined Harry and the three of them went into the living room. Teddy clapped his hands and said `Mine-e' a couple of times. In the living room, Ron and Luna were by the Christmas tree sorting presents. Harry and Hermione sat next to each other on the couch, Teddy was sitting on Hermione's lap and every once in a while as Hermione was eating the rest of her slice of pie, she would offer a bite to Teddy, and every time Teddy would open his mouth wide and Hermione would put the fork in his mouth and Teddy would smile happily when she pulled the fork back out and he was left with the sweet spicy taste of pie in his mouth. His attention was quickly diverted from the pie and to the brightly colored boxes that were being placed in front of him and he tried to grab each and every one of them so that Harry had to set them aside to keep them out of Teddy's reach. Once the presents had been sorted, Ron sat down in the chair while Luna remained on the floor sitting at his feet.

"Well, should we let the youngest go first? Especially since he's got the most presents," Ron said. Harry took Hermione's empty plate from her and handed her one of Teddy's presents. It was from Mrs. Weasley that she sent over with Ron. With her arms around Teddy, Hermione started helping him unwrap the presents. Teddy, however, did most of the unwrapping. Once he understood how the process worked, he quickly tore at the paper. The present was a little navy blue Weasley sweater, made a few sizes too big so that Teddy could grow into it. Also, in the box was a thick nave blue fleece blanket. Teddy immediately held the blanket close up by his head and stuck his thumb in his mouth, causing all the adults to laugh.

"So I see the blanket was a hit," Ron said. "I'll have to tell Mum about that."

"Yeah, thank her on Teddy's behalf when you see her tomorrow," Harry said, "I think he'll enjoy it a lot."

"Should we all open our presents or should we let Linus here open some more since he has the most?" Hermione asked, to which Luna and Ron gave her confused looks.

"Linus?"

"From Peanuts. It's a muggle comic strip. The main character is a boy named Charlie Brown and one of his friends is named Linus and he always carries around a blanket and holds it almost exactly like this with his thumb in his mouth." Both Ron and Luna nodded in understanding.

"Well, I think Teddy could open another present," Luna said. "Open the one from us next."

"Us? What, you two went together on this gift?" Harry teased. "Wow, I didn't know you were there yet. I thought you just started dating." Ron blushed deeply at Harry's teasing, even Luna did a little, but she smiled and laughed it off.

"Well, we were together when we saw it and decided to split the cost between us and both give it to him."

"Uh-huh," Harry said with a grin in a tone that said he didn't believe her.

"Shut up, Harry, don't even get me started on you," Ron said, and Harry was about to open his mouth to respond, but Hermione got there first.

"Boys," she said calmly, "Let's let Teddy open his present." Harry handed Teddy the gift from Ron and Luna. Teddy tore at the wrapping paper and then Hermione helped him open the box. Inside was a toy broomstick that looked almost exactly like the new Firebolts on the market, and a red stuffed Quaffle, two black stuffed Bludgers, and a little stuffed golden Snitch.

"Wow, they make stuffed Quidditch supplies for kids?" Harry said excitedly looking at Teddy's gift.

"Yeah, I always wanted a set of these, but they used to be kind of pricy when we were kids, so I didn't get it, but now they're not too bad. The toy Firebolt was the kicker," Ron said and watched Teddy play with the stuffed Snitch. He was fascinated by it the most out of the other balls, as the wings were bewitched to actually move.

"Well, thank you, Ron, Luna," Hermione said. "Should the rest of us open presents now?" There was agreement among everyone and they each began opening their presents. Teddy was busy pulling apart the wrapping paper on his gifts as well as Hermione's when she would try opening them. Once the presents had all been opened, Hermione suggested some hot chocolate and she went to the kitchen to bring the mugs into the living room. Ron took her by surprise when he offered to help her and the two of them went into the kitchen. They were silent until they reached the kitchen when Hermione spoke.

"Well, Ron, I'm kind of surprised that you offered to help," she said, taking four mugs out of the cupboard.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you."

"What about?" she asked, though she had a feeling where the conversation was going.

"I take it you haven't talked to Harry yet." There it was. Hermione sighed as she put the kettle filled with water on the stove and turned it on to heat.

"No I haven't."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't seem to summon up my courage and tell him."

"What are you afraid of?"

"I don't know." Ron sighed as he spooned scoopfuls of hot cocoa into the mugs so they were ready for the water when it got hot.

"I don't see why you're afraid, what could possibly change? I mean, already you two act like a married couple with a kid."

"What?" Hermione said, turning quickly from the stove.

"I'm serious," Ron said, laughing at Hermione's shocked look. "All evening long, the way you move around each other, anticipate what the other is going to need before the other one asks for it, the way you handle Teddy, it's like spending the evening with a married couple."

"What are you talking about, we don't-"

"Yes, you do, don't try to deny it. And you know, now that I think about it, you've always been that way. Especially when we were Horcrux hunting and we were living in that tent. I guess now it just seems more obvious because Teddy's involved."

"Ron, you're being ridiculous," Hermione said, blushing a little bit.

"No I'm not, I'm being serious."

"It's because we live together now, we are used to having to work around the other person."

"Yeah, like a married couple."

"No, not like a married couple!" Hermione said defensively and Ron laughed.

"Why are you getting so upset about this? I thought you liked Harry in that way, even love him."

"I-I do, it's just…" Hermione took a deep breath and sighed. "I just don't like looking into this that much because if I start looking at all the details, every touch, every look, every sentence that is said, I'll start to over analyze it and get my hopes up. Even though I don't want to." The kettle started whistling and Hermione turned to take it off of the stove. Ron stood up and walked over to stand next to her at the stove.

"All the more reason to talk to Harry. Tell him how you still feel. Get it over with, rip the band aid off." Hermione sighed and glared at him.

"You know, Ronald, I think I liked you better when you weren't so insightful." Ron grinned and picked up the tray with the mugs after Hermione poured the water into them.

"But you still love me," he said, leaning over and planting a kiss on her cheek. Despite her trying to be mad at him, Hermione smiled.

"Unfortunately that's true."

They headed back to the living room, and before they were out of the kitchen Ron asked, "Did you ever break it off with that Smyth wanker?" Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron's choice of words.

"Yes. I did."

"Good," Ron said simply with a wide grin. The two of them didn't say anymore, for they had left the kitchen and were soon in within earshot of the living room.

-----------

Once Ron and Hermione had left the room, and Teddy was busy playing with his stuffed Quidditch supplies and the yellow truck that Hermione's parents had given him, Luna spoke to Harry.

"So, how are things going with Hermione? Did you ever get rid of your Feudal Frinkles?"

"I'm not really sure if I have or not."

"Oh. I thought you'd have figured it out by now whether you're in love with her or not."

"No, that I have figured out."

"And?"

"I think I am in love with her. And I think you were right about it being subtle too. It's been a gradual process, something I think has been coming for years, I was just too distracted to notice."

"Well, you have had a lot on your mind over the last eight years. And then when you throw the teenage boy factor in there, it's not surprising that you're just realizing this now when you're almost in your twenties." Harry chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"I don't even think I could pinpoint when I started falling in love with her either."

"Because you didn't realize you were. That doesn't really matter, anyway, it only matters that you know you're in love with her now. So why did you say you're still having problems with Feudal Frinkles?"

"Because I don't know what I'm going to do about it now that I've realized this."

"Why?"

"Well, she's not exactly free to be with me if she felt the same way. She's still with that Smyth bloke."

"She is? I thought Ronald said she was going to break it off with him."

"She was? She hasn't said anything if she did."

"Hmm. Well, even if she hasn't ended it with him, you should still tell her how you feel."

"I know, I just don't know how to go about doing it. And it makes me nervous when I think about telling her."

"Why?"

"Because there's a good chance she doesn't feel the same way, especially since she's been seeing Barrett."

"So what? If she doesn't feel that way, so be it. You'll never know unless you talk to her about it."

"I know. And speaking of people getting together, how about you and Ron?"

"What about me and Ron?" Luna asked coyly.

"How did this all happen?"

"Well, we ran into each other in Diagon Alley after the holidays started. We started talking, and the next thing you know we were going to have lunch together and ended up spending the afternoon and a good portion of the evening together."

"I was very surprised to hear that you two are together. Surprised in a good way, mind you."

"I'm not," Luna said with a soft smile.

"You've wanted it to happen for a long time, haven't you?" Harry said, remembering what Hermione had said earlier that afternoon. Luna nodded.

"Yes, for quite a few years."

"Why didn't you say anything to him?"

"Because it was just a crush, I'm not "in love" with him yet. And besides he was so stuck on and to Lavender Brown that he didn't notice me beyond that very strange Ravenclaw girl that was part of the D.A. the year before and went with you all to London to save Sirius Black. And then there was the whole issue with him and his feelings for Hermione that year. I just decided to bide my time, and if it was meant to happen it was meant to happen. And I guess it was meant to happen." Harry grinned.

"Well, I'm glad that it did. And I'm glad Ron got over his stupidity and asked you out."

"And now that you've gotten over yours, you can tell Hermione how you feel too." They weren't able to say anymore because Hermione and Ron came back into the living room with the mugs of hot chocolate. The four of them drank their cocoa and chatted with each other, about anything and everything, and decided it was time to call it a night when they saw Teddy was passed out on the floor, curled on his side with his new blanket snuggled in his arms, and the stuffed Snitch clutched in his right hand. Ron and Luna bade their goodbyes and decided to leave by Apparition this time instead of by Floo. They left the house and as soon as they were out the door, Luna said, "I have a galleon that says those two will be together by the end of the school year." Ron laughed at this.

"You're on, but my galleon says that it'll be by the end of the holidays."

Back inside Grimmauld Place, Harry reached down to pick up Teddy while Hermione levitated the tray of hot chocolate mugs back into the kitchen. When Harry tried to take the Snitch out of Teddy's hand, the baby's little hand just tightened around it and wouldn't let it go.

Hermione smiled at this and whispered, "I think you may have a potential Seeker there." Harry grinned.

"Perhaps. But you said I couldn't teach him to fly until he was older."

"Right, and you should wait till he's older."

"Yeah, but Ron and Luna already gave him a toy Firebolt to practice with. So all the more reason to start now." Hermione laughed softly and rolled her eyes, feeling like she was going to lose the argument. So, blanket, Snitch and all, Harry carefully picked Teddy up and once he was in his godfather's arms, Teddy snuggled close against Harry's chest.

"Too much excitement today for this little one, I think," Harry said.

"Yep. But he'll be able to recover tomorrow. He can sleep late and take a nice long nap."

"Yeah, like that'll happen," Harry said with a laugh. "Crack of dawn, he'll be awake." Hermione laughed softly again.

"You're right." Harry headed for the stairs to take Teddy to his room, Hermione close behind him. Once they got to Teddy's room, they carefully changed Teddy's diaper and clothes and put his pajamas on him and put him in his crib. Before leaving, Hermione bent down and kissed Teddy's forehead and whispered, "Happy Christmas, Teddy. Love you." Harry smiled at this, loving being able to see another moment with Hermione and Teddy. He believed those moments were a lot of what made him start to realize that he was in love with her. He loved seeing the two of them together, and was amazed at how natural parenting came to Hermione as if she was Teddy's adoptive mother. He knew that someday she'd make a great mother with her own kids, and something inside of him wanted to be there when she had her own children, and for them to be his children as well. He thought about his talk with Luna that evening and decided to through caution the wind and rip the band aid off.

"Hermione?" he said, reaching a hand out to grab her arm and stop her once they left Teddy's room and shut the door. "Do you think we could talk? There's something I need to tell you." Hermione nodded.

"Sure. I'll meet you downstairs in the living room, there's just something I need to grab from my room first."

"Ok." They parted ways, Harry going downstairs, Hermione going down the hall. Both people became extremely nervous as they thought of the impending conversation. They both knew their relationship was going to change following it, they just hoped it was for the better.

A/n: Ok, here's chapter 22. And now that you've reached the end of it, you're about to go on to the chapter you've all been waiting for since the beginning of this story. Lol, well, as soon as I get it written. But don't worry, it won't be a long wait, I promise you. I've already started writing it and it's almost finished. I'll have to let you know I've been extremely nervous about this chapter ever since I started chapter 1. This is the big one! Hopefully I don't disappoint. I'll tell you the chapter title, it's called, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". It's a song by Lady Antebellum, and it's my inspiration for the next chapter. So if you're a country or Lady A fan, I highly suggest it, it's an awesome song!! See you next chapter!!

-->