Unofficial Portkey Archive

At the Beginning With You by husker_fan_2006
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

At the Beginning With You

husker_fan_2006

Chapter 7: A Werewolf's Memories

A/N: Ok, so I lied, we're not going to see what happened with Hermione and Ron's fight this chapter, but I've already started the next chapter and I swear that it'll be there! It's being written as we speak. But in exchange for me misleading you like that, I've got an extra long chapter here for you, it's 13 pages on Microsoft Word! So hopefully that makes up for it!! Hope you enjoy!!

Hey I also wanna thank my beta, Sage05, she does an amazing job!!

----------------------------

Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a river

I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

- `At the Beginning' by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis from the movie Anastasia

-----------------------------

When it came time to get ready to start the term, Harry was more than happy to move out of Grimmauld Place. Which had nothing to do with the house; he had actually come to like living there. It was his talking roommate. Hermione was beginning to drive him crazy with all her anxiety and plans about teaching that he was going to be glad to get back to Hogwarts so he had a way of avoiding her if he chose to. He had to laugh though; it was just like being back in school with her, back to where all there was really to worry about what classes and the homework that went with them.

"I have all these notes from Transfiguration for the last few years, I'm so glad I kept them all. But I don't know what I'll do for the seventh years; I don't have any notes from that class. Oh, I'm so worried I won't be able to get everything taught to them, what if I forget something? Do you want my notes from Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry? Do you know what you're going to teach your seventh year students? Are you worried? Excited? Are you listening to me, Harry?"

"Trying not to," Harry muttered as he was changing an orange haired Teddy, who was giggling and pulling his feet up in his hands.

"What?"

"Yes. I'm listening." Hermione gave him a look that said she didn't believe him but left it alone and went back to shrinking the items in Teddy's room and packing them into a suitcase. Teddy's things were the last to be packed, and once the suitcases were placed in Hermione's pocket, and Teddy was fed and dry, they Apparated outside of the Hogwarts grounds.

---------------

"So are you two ready for classes in a few days?" Professor McGonagall asked Harry and Hermione when they had gotten to her office.

"I believe so," Harry said. "Of course Hermione doesn't think she'll be ready, but we all know she is and her students will get all the information they need plus more this year." Hermione beamed.

"I know, that's why I wanted her to teach Transfiguration. She's more qualified to teach than Marian Wessely was. You'll do fine, Miss Granger. Or rather, Professor Granger." Hermione's smile, if possible, got bigger. "Well, I'll show you where you'll be staying. Each teacher's office has a flat off the room; there are three rooms, a bedroom, bathroom, and living/dining area. You can set it up however you like, and Harry, we can get something set up so Teddy can stay with you." Harry nodded as he and Hermione followed Professor McGonagall down the familiar path to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The classroom and office were plain, as the new teacher hadn't added his touch to it yet. The flat was just as McGonagall had said, three rooms, not too big, not too small. Hermione pulled Harry's and Teddy's suitcases out of her pocket and placed them on the table.

"I'll go show Hermione her flat, and let you get settled in a little. The rest of the teachers who aren't already here are coming back tomorrow, so we'll have a teacher's meeting tomorrow evening at seven o'clock." Hermione and McGonagall left, and Harry shifted Teddy to his other arm.

"Well, squirt, should we unpack? Hermione'll have our heads if she comes back here and find that we haven't started. Ok, let's see what we got here. Wow, it looks like Hermione packed your entire room here, Teddy," Harry said after opening Teddy's suitcase. Teddy giggled and tried to grab Harry's glasses. Harry turned his head away to avoid the baby taking them. Harry turned back and Teddy giggled again and tried taking Harry's glasses once more.

"Hey now, none of that," Harry said, grabbing Teddy's pudgy hand and giving it a little shake. Harry pulled Teddy's little bouncy chair out of the suitcase and pointed his wand at it to enlarge it. Once the chair was baby sized, Harry set the baby in it, and Teddy, who had long figured out the function of his chair, kicked his feet to make the chair bounce. He giggled and squealed at the fun he was having. Harry laughed and gave his godson one of his toys, which when in Teddy's hands, went right to his mouth. Harry began unpacking his suitcase, enlarging everything and finding spots for them. Looking around to where he wanted to put Teddy's things, Harry decided that it was going to be hard to fit two people's possessions in the flat, even if the second person was small.

"Well, Teddy, looks like you and I are going to be roommates while we're here at school." Harry took the shrunken baby crib in his hand and put it in a corner of the bedroom and enlarged it. There was a knock at the door, and Harry called for the person to come in. He reached the doorway when Hermione came in, and saw her go to Teddy.

"Well, hi there, little squirt," she said, planting a kiss on his forehead. "Are you helping Harry unpack?" Teddy grinned and kept kicking his feet, bouncing his chair. Hermione laughed. "I see you're in charge of energy, making sure there's enough of it in this room, aren't you?"

"Well, he's not short on energy, that's for sure. I don't know how I'm going to get him to go down for a nap."

"Oh, he'll settle down. Won't you, Teddy?" Teddy giggled. Hermione smiled at the baby and then looked up at Harry. "Do you need any help?"

"No, I think I'm ok. What about you?"

"I'll be fine. But you've got stuff for two people here, you sure you don't need any help?" Harry flicked his wand at the pile of clothes in his suitcase and then flicked his wand at the closet and the clothes flew from his suitcase to the hangers, perfectly hung and organized. Harry grinned.

"Yes, I'm sure." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Showoff."

--------------------------

The next evening at seven o'clock, all the Hogwarts teachers were gathered in the teacher's lounge just beginning their meeting. McGonagall stood and all the other conversations ceased.

"Welcome back to another year here at Hogwarts. We all know that last year was a bad year with the school under Death Eater control. We don't need to talk about what happened within these walls last spring, you all know, as you all were there. But we must go on, for as long as there are students willing to learn, than we are going to teach them. Attendance is up this year, due to the fact that parents now feel that their children will be safe whilst they are at school. There are also some students who would've been in their seventh year last year that chose to come back to finish their last year. We also have three new teachers this year. We have Professor Philip Eckley, who comes to us from the Muggle Relations Department at the Ministry, he will be teaching Muggle Studies, we have Professor Hermione Granger, who will be teaching Transfiguration, and Professor Harry Potter, teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. Oh, and also, there's another new occupant, little Teddy Lupin, Harry's godson." A blue haired Teddy looked wide eyed at all the faces smiling back at him, and he snuggled closer to Hermione. McGonagall went on, "Now I'll try and keep this meeting short. Your class lists and schedules are here," she passed out pieces of parchment to each teacher, "also attached to your schedules are patrol times. This year the ghosts have agreed to help out with patrolling, so you won't have to put in so many hours. Does anyone have anything to add?" No one spoke. "Alright, then that's all that I have. Thank you very much, and we'll see you all tomorrow." All the teachers stood, and their conversations started again. Hagrid pushed his way through the crowd to Harry and Hermione, which wasn't difficult, seeing as he was big enough that people saw him in time to stand aside.

"You two, so yer teachers now! Seem's on'y yest'rday you were goin' across the lake headin' in fer yer firs' year at Hogwarts. Now look at ya, teachin' school! Congra'ulations! So this is Teddy, eh? He shur looks like Remus. Can I hold `im?" Hermione nodded.

"Hey, Teddy, want to go to uncle Hagrid?" She gave the baby to the half giant, who could almost cradle the baby in his hand alone. Teddy's eyes, if possible, grew wider. This was a much bigger person than he was used to, or had ever seen before. He slowly began to relax as he realized the man meant him no harm.

"So, are ya ready fer the firs' day o' classes day af'er tomarra?" Hermione nodded but Harry shrugged.

"Yer not, Harry?"

"I'm not really looking forward to teaching the seventh years." Hagrid nodded in understanding.

"I see. Don' wanna have ter teach Ginny's class, eh? Well, Harry, jus' don' let it worry ya too much. Yer gonna be fine, yer gonna make a grea' teacher. Otherwise McGonagall wouldn'a hired ya. Shur Ginny's class migh' be hard ter deal with at firs', but it'll all work ou'. You'll see."

"It's going to be very awkward being her teacher. I wish I would've thought about this before I told McGonagall I'd teach."

"It'll be awkward at firs', but if ya deal wit' it righ', you won' have any problems in the long run." The conversation ended there. "Hey, this little feller's fallin' asleep here." Hermione laughed.

"I suppose he should be, he didn't sleep much today during his nap." Hermione took Teddy back in her arms and the child continued to doze off.

"Well, I serppose, I pro'aly should head on back to me house. Gotta tend ter the creatures fer my classes. Got some real int'restin' ones for my N.E.W.T. class. I'll see you two later."

"Bye Hagrid," Harry and Hermione said at the same time. They were about to leave too, but were stopped by Professor Slughorn.

"Harry m'boy! So you're teaching here now, well, I always thought you'd be good for a job at the ministry, but you never can tell with some people. And Miss Granger, it comes as no surprise that you're teaching! You two come by for a drink sometime!" With that, Slughorn left.

"Well, he hasn't changed much, has he?" Hermione said. After talking to a few more teachers, Harry and Hermione and Teddy finally made it out of the teacher's lounge. They headed back towards Harry and Teddy's flat so they could put Teddy down for the night.

"Well, so which one of us has her first?" Harry didn't even need to ask who Hermione was talking about. He checked his schedule and saw that he didn't have seventh year Defense Against the Darks class until the second day of class. Hermione had seventh year Transfiguration the first day.

"Damn, I have her first. Should be interesting, shouldn't it?"

"Quite. If interesting is the word you want to use. Fiasco would be the one I would use."

"Oh, it'll be fine. Hagrid's right, yeah it'll be awkward at first, but it'll get better."

"You're probably right, but I'm still worried about it." They reached the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and Harry's flat. Though it wasn't empty when they got there. A house elf was standing in the front room, waiting for them. It was Winky. She bowed low when Harry and Hermione entered and spoke in her squeaky voice.

"Mr. Harry Potter, sir, Winky is here to takes care of Harry Potter's baby. Headmistress sent Winky to look after Baby Teddy while Harry Potter is teaching."

"Oh thanks, Winky, I really appreciate it."

"Anything for Dobby's friend. The house elves down in the kitchens all thinks that Harry Potter is a great wizard for giving Dobby a good funeral like an equal. And we's all respects Harry Potter for he truly made He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named disappear for good!" Harry blushed a little.

"Well, Dobby was special."

"And now Winky is happy to aid Harry Potter however he wishes. I's be glad to help Harry Potter with his baby."

"Well, Winky, I really appreciate it. When do you want to start?"

"I's can start right now, I's can put Teddy to bed." Hermione handed the baby over and Winky took him to bed. After Hermione's hands were free she sat down at the table in the living room. Harry sat down too, but not before putting a small bag on the table and once he sat down he began going through its contents.

"I just thought of those memories that Remus game me. We can use Dumbledore's pensieve to watch them."

"I forgot about those. Do you want to go now?"

"Yeah. Come on." Harry held a hand out for Hermione to take, and he pulled her to her feet, and they set off for McGonagall's office.

--------------------

Harry and Hermione stood around the pensieve, looking down into its silvery contents. Harry took the cork out of the bottle and poured the memories into the basin. Hermione looked up at Harry after watching him go through the whole process.

"So how do we watch them?"

"Just stick your hands in." They did so, and Hermione gasped as they were pulled into Remus's memories. It was foggy at first, and then the first memory materialized. They were on the Hogwarts Express, and there was a eleven-year-old Remus Lupin sitting alone in a compartment reading the Standard Book of Spells Grade 1. His lips were mouthing the words on the page, and then he closed his eyes, mouthing the words again, trying to memorize what he had just read. The compartment door opened, and Remus's eyes flew open. A red haired girl and a greasy black haired boy walked in. The girl smiled.

"Hi, how're you?"

"Fine."

"I'm Lily Evans, this is Severus Snape. What's your name?"

"Remus Lupin." Lily nodded at the book in Remus's hands.

"Have you tried any spells yet?"

"Not really. I've just read my books, trying to remember as much as I can for class. I want to get ahead as much as possible."

"Me too," Lily said, sitting down in the seat across from Remus. "I've read through all of my books and have practiced a few spells. I'm really nervous about starting school though, I'm not from a wizarding family, so I'm really far behind and I don't want to be. But Severus told me that it's not that big of a deal if you come from a muggle family." Lily looked up at Snape, who was still standing by the door.

"Are you going to sit, Severus?" Snape shifted his weight from one foot to the other and looked uneasily at the door.

"Um, no, I think I'm going to go see some more people." Lily shrugged.

"Ok, see you later." Snape walked out the door, and looked back and forth as though looking to check if anyone had seen him come from that compartment before he slinked away down to another compartment. Remus watched Snape leave and laughed as soon as the door was shut.

"Where'd you find him?"

"He lives near me back home. He's a little…strange, but he's nice enough. He keeps telling me that he hopes I'm in Slytherin with him." Remus's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to speak, but Lily beat him to it. "I don't want to be, though. I've read a lot about the houses at Hogwarts, and the Slytherins don't…you know, seem very good. They seem to come from Hogwarts-"

"Evil?" Remus put in. Lily nodded. "That's because most of them do."

"Yeah, I want to do things right, I want to be off to a good start here, so I definitely do not want to get placed in a house that turns all its students evil."

"I don't think you have to worry about being in Slytherin, Lily. Trust me."

"Good, do you know what house you'll be in, Remus?"

"No. I'm just glad I could come to school." Lily was about to say something else, but was interrupted by two boys opening the compartment door and coming in. They both had black hair, but the shorter boy's hair was extremely messy. Both of them grinned.

"Hi," the taller boy said, with a sort of cocky smile. "I'm Sirius Black, this is James Potter," Sirius said, motioning at the boy next to him. "Who're you?"

"Remus Lupin," Lily didn't answer, just narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I know you two; you were the ones that pulled that prank on that poor boy when he was trying to get his trunk onto the train." Sirius and James looked at each other and grinned.

"It's alright, he knows we mean well," James said.

"How could he possibly know that?"

"He knows."

"But that's just mean, you don't even know him-"

"Yeah we do know him," Sirius said, interrupting Lily, "his name is Peter Pettigrew. He's a first year too, and he lives a few streets over from James."

"And how would he know that you mean well?"

"Because we've been doing it for years, we're friends." Lily rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

"Hey, don't feel so bad for Peter…hey, you never said what your name was," James said in an almost accusing tone.

"Lily Evans," Lily said coldly, tossing her red hair out of her face with her hand.

"Well, Lily Evans, you should be careful, that little snotty attitude of yours is going to get you into trouble. Not many people like putting up with a snob," Sirius said. Lily's jaw dropped. She stood up and stood face to face with Sirius, though she had to look up to look him in the eye.

"Well, you'll never have to worry about being around me, Sirius Black, because I certainly would not want to be around a boy who pranks people just for the fun of it, and walks around acting like no one is better than him. You and your friend are just plain pathetic." With that, she stepped around Sirius and walked out the door, leaving a sniggering Sirius, a shocked but impressed James, and a stunned Remus behind her. The memory began to change as Sirius and James sat down with Remus. Harry grinned at Hermione.

"My mother seemed a lot like you when you were that age, already ahead of her class before even reaching school."

"I was not like that."

"Yes you were." Hermione didn't have time to retort, for the next memory was forming. It was in the Great Hall, at the welcoming feast, where Remus and his classmates were about to be sorted into their houses. A younger McGonagall stood up front next to the Sorting Hat with a scroll of parchment in her hand.

"When I call your name, you will come forward, and I will place the Sorting Hat on your head, and after you have been sorted, you will join your housemates. Patricia Adams!"

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouted, and Patricia Adams went to join her house, who was cheering their new member. The list went on, a few foggy places here and there in the memory, as only a few names Remus remembered.

"Sirius Black!" Sirius stepped forward, a little jaunt in his step. The hat took a while to place him, debating whether to put him in Gryffindor or Slytherin, like the rest of his family had been. Finally it shouted its decision.

"GRYFFINDOR!" A foggy spot later…

"Lily Evans!" Lily nervously stepped forward, and sat on the stool. It took only a second before the hat shouted-

"GRYFFINDOR!" The Gryffindors all cheered as Lily stepped off the stool and joined her table. A few more foggy moments went by before McGonagall said the next name that Remus remembered.

"Remus Lupin!" Remus went forward, nervousness obvious on his face. When the hat was placed on his head, Harry and Hermione heard the Sorting Hat's voice as though it was speaking from behind them.

"Hmm, a good mind here holds a dark secret though, one that would best be kept under one's hat," the hat chuckled at its pun. "Hmm, there's the ability for bravery here, it's just a matter of bringing it out, so better be…GRYFFINDOR!" Remus sighed a sigh of relief, probably the same type of sigh that Harry had when he was sorted, and he went to go join his table, taking a seat next to Lily. More fog, and then,

"Peter Pettigrew!" Peter tripped over the hem of his robes as he stepped forward to be sorted. James and Sirius snickered, and Peter smiled back at them, a little pink in the cheeks. The Sorting Hat took a while to place Peter too.

"Probably wanting to put him in Slytherin," Harry said bitterly.

"GRYFFINDOR!" Peter got up, tripped again, and went to join his table.

"James Potter!" James stepped forward, a little jaunt in his step too, similar to his best friend's. He grinned as the hat went on his head and almost instantly shouted…

"GRYFFINDOR!" Lily rolled her eyes as James took a seat next to Sirius at the Gryffindor table.

"Do you get the feeling that Remus made it a point to set these memories aside more for me than for Teddy?" Harry asked Hermione. She smiled.

"Probably, but he'd still want you to tell Teddy all about his dad as he grows up." They looked back as the memory changed to one four years later. At first glance, there was no one there, but out of thin air, a male voice whispered.

"How long is this going to take?" Remus whispered. "It's freezing."

"Stop whining, Remus, we've got to show you this," Sirius whispered back. The Marauders were walking under James's invisibility cloak, walking slowly so they stayed together and avoided making their feet visible.

"Why can't you tell me what you want to show me?"

"Because we want to surprise you."

"But this is ridiculous, it's two-thirty in the morning-"

"Will you both shut up?" James whispered fiercely. "We'll be caught by Filch because of you two!" All of a sudden, a door materialized out of nowhere; apparently they had gone back and forth three times in front of the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy so that the door to the Room of Requirement appeared. The door opened and the Marauders took off the cloak as soon as the door was shut.

"Ok, what's this surprise?" Remus said, taking a seat in a chair. The other three grinned at each other and pulled out their wands and tapped themselves with them at the same time. Remus's jaw dropped as his three best friends turned to animals. Sirius to a black dog, Peter to a rat, and James to a stag. James transformed back to a human and grinned again.

"See, now at the full moons we can go down to the Shrieking Shack with you since you're not a danger to us as animals." The memory faded again, and Harry and Hermione watched more memories pass by, one showed Remus, James, Sirius and Peter all sitting around a table in the corner of the common room pouring over a piece of parchment.

"We need to sign it," Remus whispered low so only the three sitting around him could hear. "Yeah, it says it's written by the Marauders, but it needs more."

"Yeah so if one day the next generation of rule breakers finds this, they'll have four people to relate to," Peter said.

"So what do we call ourselves?" They looked at each other, thinking intently.

"Padfoot." The other three looked at James, who was looking at Sirius.

"Sirius, you turn into a dog, what about Padfoot?"

"Padfoot. Hmm, I like it." They all looked at Remus, thinking again.

"Hmm, a werewolf," Peter said. " what kind of nickname would you give a werewolf?"

"Something to do with the moon, I would think," Sirius said. "What about Moony or something?"

"I like Moony," Remus said, nodding.

"How about Wormtail for Peter since he has a wormy looking tail," Sirius said, laughing. Remus joined in, and Peter protested defensively.

"Wormtail is good," Sirius said with a grin.

"So what about you, James?" James didn't answer, his mind was somewhere else, probably on the red haired girl he was staring at across the common room.

"James? James?" Sirius snapped his fingers in front of James's face, bringing his attention back to his friends.

"What?"

"Have you been listening?"

"Yeah, I'm listening."

"Ok, then what were we talking about?"

"Nicknames. Remus is Moony, Peter is Wormtail, and you're Padfoot."


"So what are we going to call you?" James shrugged.

"How about Prongs?" Remus put in. James nodded.

"I like it." James then picked up his quill and wrote on the piece of parchment,

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs proudly present the Marauder's Map.

The next memory was around the Marauder's seventh year. Remus was sitting at a table, reading and taking notes on his Potions homework. Lily joined him at the table, setting her books down and opening them up. When Remus looked up, he saw that she was smiling and shaking her head. He smiled back.

"So I hear you've lost your mind."

"I guess so. After all these years I've finally given in."

"But you've got to make sure and keep an upper hand on him; otherwise he'll get a big head and think he can win all the time. He was already talking about how you've finally caved." Lily laughed.

"Well the rest of the Marauders can't let him get a big head either. Since it's finally deflated a little, you can't let it get back to where it was."

"Don't worry, we've got it covered. Sirius told him that the only reason why you agreed to go out with him was so he would stop pestering you about it. That you'd have to be mad to really want to go out with him." Lily laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Trust Sirius to come up with something like that."

"That's what he's there for. Someone's gotta give James a hard time."

"You know, if anyone would've told me after that first train ride to Hogwarts that six years later I'd be dating James Potter, I'd have thought they were crazy. Even now I still can't believe it."

"I can."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Why, because of that whole we're always bickering and fighting, so that meant that we were going to end up together because it was unresolved sexual tension reason that everyone keeps using?"

"No, not for that. I always thought that was a stupid justification to a relationship. Sexual tension does not come from fighting, at least not in a real relationship."

"Then why doesn't it surprise you that James and I are together?"

"It just fits. Anyone with eyes can see it. And you're probably going to end up an old married couple with twelve kids." Lily laughed, and shook her head.

"I'm not so sure about that. But what about you? Any girl around here that you fit with?" Remus snorted, which turned into a laugh

"I don't have time for any of that."

"Oh don't give me that. That's a poor excuse."

"No one would want to date me. I've got too many problems in my life," Remus said, jotting down a few more notes.

"Furry little problems?" Lily said, dropping her voice to just about a whisper. Remus's head jerked up and there was fear in his eyes.

"Relax, Remus, your secret's safe with me. Even if it's not so safe with James."

"He never could keep secrets, especially as far as you were concerned. I might have to go beat on him later." Lily smiled. "So now what?"

"What do you mean?"

"So is this the last time I'll talk to you because you'll avoid me?" Remus asked bluntly.

"No. I'd never consciously avoid you. You're one of my friends; you're one of my boyfriend's best friends. I couldn't avoid you. I don't look at you differently because of your "furry little problem", you're still the same Remus Lupin to me."

"Thanks, Lily."

"And just wait," Lily said wagging a finger at Remus and giving him a knowing look. "There's a girl out there for you. One that will love you no matter what. Just make sure you don't push her away."

The next memory jumped ahead a few years to when the Marauders were out of school. Remus was at home, looking over some job ads. Sighing, he ran a hand through his brown hair that was beginning to grey. Remus looked up when James all of a sudden Apparated into his kitchen with a huge grin on his face. Remus gave him a questioning look.

"What are you so happy about?"

"I just did it."

"Did what?"

"I asked Lily to marry me."

"So I take it she said yes."

"Damn right. I can't believe she wants to marry me!"

"Join the club; I don't think any of us could believe that she even decided to go out with you."

"You have to be there, Moony, I know I asked Sirius to be my best man, but you have to stand up there with me too."

"I'll be there. I'll stand up there with you. You can be sure of that."

"Lily and I were thinking of getting married sometime in June. Last night we spent most of the night talking about the future and everything, from where we want to live to how many kids we want to have."

"So where are you going to live and how many kids are you going to have?"

"We want to live in Godric's Hallow and have at least three or four kids."

"Well, I hope that it all works out that way for you." The memory stopped there, Remus apparently couldn't remember much more about that memory. The next one that came up was about a year or so later, they were at a wedding. James and Lily's wedding to be exact. It was at the reception and Remus was standing holding his glass of champagne, giving a toast.

"I guess I don't need to go into James and Lily's relationship as teenagers. We all know what happened during those years at Hogwarts. They love each other now, and that's what matters. And I can't imagine two people more perfect for each other. They balance each other out entirely. James keeps Lily from being so tightly wound, and Lily keeps James from being a jackass." The crowd chuckled. "To Lily and James, may your life be full of happiness. Keep each other balanced, take care of each other."

"To Lily and James," the crowd said lifting their glasses and taking a drink. Soon after the toasts were finished, Lily and James had their first dance as husband and wife. Harry lost track of where Remus was for he was too busy watching his parents. As they danced, their eyes never left one another's; Lily's green ones were filled with happy tears. She said something, but they were too far away for Harry to hear what it was. James responded, and they kissed. Harry smiled; it was something to see his parent's wedding, not many kids got to experience that as though they were really there. He looked over at Hermione and saw her quickly wipe a tear from her cheek and then step up to step out of the memory. She disappeared from her spot next to him on the bench. Confused, Harry followed her. He came back through the pensieve and landed on his feet back in McGonagall's office.

---------------------

A/N: Well, here's chapter 7! Hope you enjoyed it!! Ok, I realized after I wrote this chapter that these memories don't really fit well with Snape's memories in Deathly Hallows, but I figured, people remember things differently, especially if they're recalling memories from twenty years ago. So yeah, that's why the memories are different, if any of you noticed that. So chapter 8 is in the making, I'm not sure how fast I'll get it out there, but I'll try!!

P.S. I just wanted to muse a little here at the end of my chapter, you don' t have to read it if you don't want to. I was in the forums the other day, something I haven't really done since Deathly Hallows came out, but the topic was something about it being possible that Rose was actually Harry and Hermione's daughter, because naming her Rose would in a way be naming her after Lily. Later down the topic, someone bashed us fanfic writers for still believing that Harmony can sail. And I figure, well, yeah the book is final, yeah it didn't turn out how we wanted it to, but in my opinion, JK Rowling left things out of that epilogue for us Harmony shippers. Kinda like she's saying, here you go, go nuts. Have fun writing! So if Rose is Harry and Hermione's daughter, well it makes one heck of an idea for fanfiction, and actually it's been done too, an amazing fic called `Someday'. I highly recommend it. But yeah, I think it's ridiculous that people are getting so bent out of shape because our ship refuses to die. Long live Harmony, even though the books are final, we'll always have portkey!

-->