Unofficial Portkey Archive

Less Than Tomorrow by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Less Than Tomorrow

leedee

I feel I need to clear something up; just because Hermione left with Ron doesn't mean they "did" anything. I just feel that when you might feel lonely and sad, you go to someone you know well and trust for support, in her case that would be Ron (since Harry is with Ginny). You just have a dirty imagination ;-)

However, one reviewer (pinkbutterflies) really seemed to understand what I meant, so cheers to that : - )

But I love you all for leaving reviews, so keep at it! And thanks again to my Beta Chelsey!

-

-

Chapter Six

-

-

-

At the next morning's Auror meeting, Harry walked in, very obviously in a very bad mood. Something about the dinner the previous night had really put him off. The fact that Hermione was not at the meeting, though, only served to worsen his mood.

"Where is she? Have you seen her?" he barked at Draco, who shrugged.

And then the information that Gawain gave made matters worse. It seemed as though the universe was conspiring against Harry. He announced that the investigation about Lupin and Tonks graves had been declared as accidental.

"We think that someone just happened to choose their graves, might as well have been someone else's," he said.

"That's bull!" Harry burst out.

"There might be more to it, but that's how we are labeling it for now. And we have been able to keep it secret from the media - so that gives us an advantage." Gawain paused and looked around. "Where is Granger?"

"We sent her an owl," his assistant said. Gawain placed a large box of chocolates on the table.

"Oh really, you shouldn't have," Draco said and reached for one.

"Malfoy!" Gawain scolded. Harry immediately felt a bit better. Hearing someone yell at Draco always brought an ounce of joy to his soul.

"This is something new for us to keep an eye out for. These have been released by George Weasley and Lee Jordan." Harry was confused, since when did their inventions end up in an Auror office?

"Look, am I supposed to care about some chocolates when we still don't know who did this to Lupin and Tonks?" Harry was about to lose his temper.

"Potter, I know we are all frustrated with the grave situation, but we need to focus on more than one thing. And these are causing trouble," he waved at the chocolates.

"They were made for good reasons I suppose, "Gawain continued," it was supposed to be between lovers… but then others started eating them by mistake." Harry was relieved to see that everyone had the same confused look on their faces as he did. "They are filled with Amortentia and a lust increasing potion. It sounds innocent enough, but it makes the eater slightly… nutty. The first day it was sold we had one very jealous husband trying to hex his own brother, after his wife ate it and kissed the brother. There has been similar cases all over London so they are now illegal, but there are plenty chocolates left out there. Keep an eye out for them!"

----

Harry sat at his desk drinking his coffee. His mind just wouldn't let go of Tonks and Lupin. He thought that maybe if he could look at the Cowell's case file just once more, he'd find something new. He realized that he had forgotten his case file in the meeting room and walked back. As he entered the room he found Hermione standing at the table looking through it.

"You're late!" he said.

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry. It took that bird forever to find me at Ron's." Harry felt like someone had punched him in the stomach. So she had spent the night there. "Gawain just told me that Draco should brief me on what I missed, I'm off to see him now. Bye."

Harry watched intently as she licked her lips and walked by him, he couldn't stop himself from turning and looking after her. He got the scent of something sweet as she walked by, but he couldn't quite place it.

---

Hermione felt strange as she walked towards Draco's office. What she felt like more than anything was to walk back to the meeting room and having more of those wonderful chocolates that were sitting on the table. She felt hot, and her mouth felt wetter than usual. She knocked on Draco's door and he let her in.

"Granger, you missed the meeting!" he said and sat down on the leather sofa in his office. Hermione looked at him, he was looking especially beautiful. She watched him run a hand through his hair and Hermione's cheeks flushed. Draco was eyeing a file and didn't pay her any attention and it was driving her insane. She walked over to him and stood right in front of him.


"What?" he drawled. She grabbed the folder from him and threw it away. Draco just raised one eyebrow.

"You look hot today," she whispered.

"I always look hot," Draco said and thought it was some kind of joke. Not until Hermione straddled him on the sofa did he realize what was actually happening. "What are you doing?" he said, the words caught in his throat. He wanted to throw her off and tell her that she was nasty, but he couldn't.

"Kiss me, Draco," she purred and lowered her lips onto his. The kiss stirred many things within Draco, and he still had his eyes open to see that it was real. As her tongue entered his mouth, he felt the taste of chocolate and realization hit him.

He grabbed both her upper arms hard and yanked her back.

"Oh, do you like it rough?" Hermione smiled at him. "Come on give it to me rough, Draco."


The way she said his name made him want to throw her down on the floor and show her exactly how he liked it. He yanked her hard back to his lips and shoved his tongue back into her mouth. She moaned into his mouth and it nearly drove him insane. He felt her hands roaming his chest and she had started to unbutton his shirt. He put his hand on her lower back and pressed her against him. The door suddenly swung open and Draco's excitement was immediately put on hold.

Harry Potter looked as though he was ready to murder him. Hermione didn't even notice and she started kissing Draco's neck.

"Hermione, let's go!" Harry said grabbed her arm. He pulled her with force off Draco.

"I don't want to," she pouted like a child and tried to get loose.

"Yeah, you heard her Potter, she doesn't want to." Hermione struggled harder against Harry.

"Let me go, I want to be with Draco. I love him!" she shrieked. Draco laughed as he rearranged his robes, he didn't want to Harry to see how big of an affect Hermione had had on him.

"You're dead!" Harry said and pointed at Draco.

"What did I do? She wants me!"

Harry was dragging Hermione down the hall. He pushed her inside his office. "Hermione, I know you're not yourself, just listen - you ate some…" He couldn't finish his sentence because Hermione had thrown her arms around him.

"Make love to me, Harry," she moaned into his mouth.

"I can't," he tried to pull her arms away from around her neck. "Come on, we need to get you in the shower."

"Oh yeah, let's have sex in the shower," she started unbuttoning her shirt.

"Hermione," he said warningly and then realized how much he wanted her, too.

"Oh, Harry, I'll make you forget all about Ginny, I promise." She walked seductively up to him and licked her lips.

"Tempting," he tried to joke and took a step forwards. She yanked her shirt off, and Harry saw that she was wearing a white cotton bra underneath.

"Don't you remember, Harry, how good it was? It can be like that again. Ron was nothing compared to you." Harry didn't hear another word. He grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. He marched into the adjoined bathroom to his office and threw her inside. He reached for the knob and turned the cold water on at full stream. Hermione screamed as the water hit her. Harry could see her eyes clearing up, but his eyes kept darting down south. Her bra had become quite transparent.

"Harry!" she shrieked. "Oh my God!" Harry knew she had come to, and he knew she would be mad.

"So you are back to yourself now?" he asked and couldn't help himself. She looked down and saw her nipples pointing right at him.

"I want to die!" she cried.

"Don't worry, you ate some magic chocolates, everyone gets like that." He handed her a towel.

"I kissed bloody Draco!" she hissed.

"Yeah, suicide might actually be an option," Harry tried to lighten the mood.

"It's not funny. I just tried to seduce my engaged friend, I almost slept with Malfoy, who knows what I might have done if I had met Gawain."

"Yeah, busy twenty-four hours for you," Harry said. Hermione glared at him, she knew that he was referring to her sleeping at Ron's flat.

"I am a single woman, I can do what the hell I want, Harry Potter. And it's none of your business." She pushed him hard in the chest and walked out of his office. As she came out into the hall she saw Draco leaning in his doorpost with a sneer on his face. "You are dead, Draco!" she pointed her finger at him and he laughed. She slammed the door to her office shut and immediately used the floo network to go back to her hotel room where she laid down and cried into her pillow. The things she had said to Harry, about Ginny, about Ron. She was absolutely mortified!

-

-

Flashback

-

-

Hermione was running late, she was supposed to meet Harry at a muggle bar downtown. Both of them were in desperate need of company. As she entered she found Harry hunched over a table, looking depressed. She hurried over and sat down. It was raining outside and her hair was glistening with small raindrops.

"Hi, sorry I'm late!" she said and smiled apologetically.

"No worries," he sighed and drank more of his ale. Hermione waved to the waiter and he was soon there with a pint for her as well.

"So come on, tell me what happened," Hermione urged him on.

"No, I mean - it was your night to talk. You needed an ear."

"Oh, it's always same old same old with me and Ron, tell me what has happened."

Harry nodded and answered: "We broke up." Hermione couldn't stop the gasp.

"Why?"

"Well, Ginny wants us to get a flat together. And she said that if we didn't, she'd know I wasn't committed and that it was leading nowhere. And I said I just wasn't ready for that, so she broke up with me."

"Oh no." Hermione put her hand on Harry's.

"Yeah I know. But it's like… I mean - how can I move in with someone just because they want me to, you know."

"Harry, I know exactly what you mean. Ron is pressuring me to move to him in the States and I feel in my heart that it isn't right." Harry nodded.

"So we are two dumped losers, huh?" he joked.

"Cheers to that!" Hermione said and they toasted.

Two drinks later:

"The strange thing is that, it doesn't even feel that bad you know?" Hermione admitted.

"I know, I mean everyone has always been like: you and Ginny - you are meant to be. When you two stand next to each other it's almost like looking at your mother and father. So what does that mean? That I should marry her because it fits?"

Hermione nodded sympathetically. "It's the same with Ron and me. If the famous Harry Potter married his best friend's sister, well than naturally the other two friends should hook up. I won't deny that I have feelings for Ron cause I do, but to move to another country for him…"

"The truth is that I really don't want to move in with Ginny, and I won't."

"And I don't want to move to the States." They smiled at each other and started laughing.

"Waiter, another round," Harry called out to the waiter.

Two more drinks later:

"Yeah, well it was your fault. You locked me in with that troll!" Hermione laughed and pushed Harry's shoulder.

"Who knew you were hiding in there?" Harry said and took a large sip of his drink.


"Well, it was your fault."

"Technically it was Ron's fault," Harry corrected her.

"Honestly Harry, what did you think of me the first day, you must have found me unbearable!" Hermione laughed.

"I did!" Hermione faked a look of embarrassment. "Come on Hermione, you were a pain. You do have a habit of sticking your nose in… well, everything. But most of the time you are right," he admitted.

Hermione smiled sweetly at him. "I'm so glad we became friends Harry."


"I could never have gone through the war without you, Hermione," Harry had started to slur slightly.

"I hope that's not all I am to you." Harry's face grew serious.

"You are so much more. You are so much…" Their faces grew serious. Harry put his hand on Hermione's and left it there.

"I miss you," he whispered.

"I miss you, too."

"Don't move to the States," he said and looked into her brown eyes.

"I don't want to."

Harry let his finger intertwine with Hermione's, he was slightly scared of what he was doing. But she didn't pull back.

"I'm drunk," Hermione admitted.

"Who cares?" Harry laughed. He had moved his chair much closer to hers and their legs were touching. Every time they talked it seemed their faces were getting closer and closer. Harry felt a need to touch her.

"So you and Ron," he started.

"Oh no, are we back to that?" she sighed.

"You are broken up?" She nodded as if knowing what he was thinking.

"I don't think I should drink anymore," Hermione said.

"Are you tired?" Harry asked, a bit afraid that he was boring her and she wanted to go home. He hurriedly reached for his own drink.

"No, finish your drink!" she assured him and gently put her hand on his knee.

Their eyes met and Harry could swear sparks were flying trough the air. He had butterflies in his stomach, in a way he had never in his life felt before. This was Hermione Granger, his best friend, the girlfriend, well… ex-girlfriend of Ron's. And he was so unbelievingly drawn to her. It was like pieces of a puzzle he had never known existed were falling to place. He wanted to reach out and touch her face, he looked at her lips. What did they feel like? They were slightly red and she was chewing her bottom lip - this, he knew, meant that she was nervous.

"I don't want to finish my drink," he said.

"Let's apparate!" she whispered. They hurried out into the street and a loud pop was heard.

They were standing just outside Harry's front door. Harry immediately started fumbling with the key.

"Here let me do that!" Hermione laughed at him. She got it open immediately. As soon as the door had opened Harry grabbed her arm and spun her around and pushed her against the wall. The door was still open and he kicked it closed with his foot. He leaned his elbow against the wall next to her head.

"Hi," she whispered. He didn't answer, instead his lips crashed against hers. He pulled back. She gave him a look - he couldn't place it because it was a look he had never gotten from her before. She reached behind his neck and pulled him close to her again. The taste of her was the sweetest thing he had ever tasted, even with the ale. He shoved his hand in her hair and tugged it rather violently. He grabbed both her hands and heaved them over her head. He thrust against her and she moaned.

She was driving him insane. Lust was filling his mind to such an extent that he could hardly breath. He pulled away from her mouth and attacked her neck. He wanted to taste her skin. He wanted to taste every single piece of skin on her body. Hermione leaned her head back and moaned.

"Harry…" she whispered and as she said his name Harry just wanted to rip her clothes off. He didn't have to. Hermione pulled away from him and, for a moment, he felt scared that he had done something bad. She started backing away from him.

"Don't leave!" Harry thought. He realized she was backing towards the bedroom. Without breaking eye contact she pulled one of the shoulder straps of her dress down.

Harry swallowed hard. The other strap fell and with it came the whole dress. It fell around her ankles and she stepped out of it. Harry realized that he was looking at Hermione Granger half-naked. But neither Ginny nor Ron existed in his mind. It was as they never had. All he could think about was Hermione. He wanted to kiss her, touch her and God how he wanted to make love to her. She turned around and walked in her black lace underwear towards the bedroom. Harry snapped out of it and hurried inside after her. She was standing by the bed.

"You are so fucking beautiful," he said in a hoarse voice. She smiled at him and he started walking towards her. She kissed him again and her warm tongue entered Harry's mouth. He felt dizzy and he knew that the beer was just a very small part of it. He turned her around and started kissing her shoulders. He reached for the clasp of her bra and unhooked it. She turned around again and he looked down at her breasts. The pink nipples were calling for him, he needed to touch them and he bent down and took one in his mouth.

"God," she moaned and he reached for the other one.

She started unbuttoning his shirt, and she reached for his zipper and soon his pants were on the floor next to him. Hermione ripped of his shirt and started kissing his naked chest. Harry looked at the ceiling, how was he supposed to last through this?

She sat down on the bed and slowly kissed further and further down his stomach.

Oh God.

She reached his boxers and, with a tug, they were off him. She lay back in her black hipsters and looked up at him. Harry bit his tongue and climbed on top of her.

"Hermione…" he started. But no words came out, he had no thoughts. All he had was lust, want, and desire. He reached for her hipsters and pulled them down her legs. He started kissing her hips, but he didn't last long. He needed her mouth; he needed to make love to her. To his relief no foreplay seemed to exist in Hermione's mind, she wanted him as much as he wanted her and with a thrust he was inside her. She bit his lower lip, feeling him flinch and then reciprocate with a bite of his own.

No words were spoken, only a joined motion of thrusting and pushing. Hermione moaned in his ear and Harry thrust harder. He was so close. Hermione's breath was hot on his neck, and when she bit down hard and moaned in his ear he felt her clenching around him. That was all it took, he came with her. It was strong, powerful and absolutely energy drenching. He stayed on top of her for a few moments, just getting his bearings. Then he slid off her, next to her. He pulled her into his arms, and they fell asleep.

---

Harry was waking up, and he felt surprisingly well, despite all the drinks he had had the previous night. He opened his eyes and looked at Hermione. She was still in his arms, and he was holding her from behind. He scooted back slightly and she fell back on her back. He looked at her. She was so astonishingly beautiful. He looked at her lips; they were red and bruised from their violent kissing the previous night. She had some smeared mascara under her right eye, and Harry had to fight the urge to wipe it off. He wanted to kiss her, but still he didn't want to wake her.

She was perfect, she was totally perfect. He thought about it for a few moments, and he felt it. He loved her; he loved her more than anything. Had he always? Maybe. He didn't know. He wasn't exactly the expert at these kinds of things. He wanted to make love to her. Because, to be honest, what they had done the previous night wasn't making love - it was ripping each others clothes off and screwing each other's brains out. Just thinking about it brought his lust back. He pushed the thought out of his mind and continued to look at her. He wanted her, he needed her, and he would never let her go. But what about her, did she want him? She sure seemed like it yesterday. But she was drunk, as was he, would she regret it? She had hung onto him all night; they had held each other in a way he had never held anyone before.

Suddenly Hermione opened her eyes and Harry stopped breathing. She smiled at him, and Harry smiled back. He thought for something to say, but absolutely nothing came out. She reached up and stroked his cheek. He lowered his face and kissed her. He had wanted it to be a nice good-morning kiss but he soon found himself not able to pull away. The more he tasted her, the more he wanted. But as he felt her hand on the back of his head he was reassured that she wanted him to keep kissing her.

They made love. Nothing like the night before, this was true love making. It was slow, gentle, and sweet.

---

"Do you want breakfast?" Harry asked her.

"Oh, that'd be great. I'm starving," she smiled.

"Why don't you just hop in the shower and I'll make you anything you want. What are you in the mood for?" Hermione wiggled her eyebrows and Harry laughed. "I thought we already took care of that," he joked.

"Alright so pancakes then," she said and got out of bed. Harry watched her naked figure disappear into the bathroom.

He walked into the kitchen and reached for the pan. He was the luckiest man in the world. Sure, he might be the unluckiest man in the world for feeling like this about his best friend's ex-girlfriend and the friend of his own ex-girlfriend, but this was her, Hermione, and he felt in his heart that it was more right than anything. He cracked a few eggs in a bowl and reached for the flour. He had never had a better kiss, he hadn't ever made love like that. He had never felt complete like that before. He put one pancake in the pan as the telephone rang.

"Hello!" he answered happily.

"Harry?" it was Ginny and Harry immediately felt a pain in his stomach. "Oh, I'm so glad I caught you, I was afraid you had left for class already." Harry glanced over at his clock. His Auror classes had started two hours ago.

"Decided to stay home today," he mumbled - he felt very awkward talking to her after what had happened.

"Harry please, can we meet? Can I come over right now? We need to talk!"

"Yeah I agree, Gin, we really need to talk. I'm glad you called, actually…"


"Good, I had a feeling you'd feel that way, can I come over now?"

"Eh... no. Not now, how about in a couple of hours. I need to go out for a run."

"All right Harry. I can't wait to see you."

"Great Gin, see you soon."

He hung up. He needed to tell her. Well maybe he shouldn't tell her that he was madly in love with Hermione, but he should at least tell Ginny that it was over between them. He needed to let her know that there was no hope. He started setting the table. He wished he had something… anything special. He felt like putting roses all over the room. Anything to show Hermione how much this night had meant to him. She entered the room fully dressed.

"Hi," he smiled nervously.

"I've got to go," she said and looked at the table.


"Go?" he asked shocked.

"Yeah, look Harry... Yesterday was nice, and it was something we both needed."

"Needed?" he asked skeptically.

"Yeah, but we both know it's time to return to reality. I've decided to go to the States. I'll do the Auror training there."

Harry's world started spinning. `She's telling you yesterday were a mistake, you fool. Stop looking like your world is ending!' he told himself.

"Oh?"


"So, I think we'll do best in never speaking about this again, alright?" She seemed very uncomfortable.

"Is that how you feel?" he asked.

Hermione looked up from the floor and smiled. "Yes of course, it's for the best... don't worry about it, Harry."

"Will you at least join me for breakfast?" Harry asked pathetically.

"Not very hungry," Hermione said and backed out of the room. "Bye!" she yelled and the door closed.

Harry stood staring at the spot where she had just been. He turned and looked at the set table; no one would be eating from it. Fury filled him and jealousy was taking over. She was going to the States - with Ron. In a mad rage he wiped everything on the table on the floor and let out a frustrated scream.

-

Harry ended up getting back together with Ginny. They didn't move in together, Ginny admitted that it was a bluff and that Harry had called her on it. Hermione moved to the States with Ron - and when they met, during Christmas and a week during summers, they never ever spoke of those hours.

-->