Unofficial Portkey Archive

Less Than Tomorrow by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Less Than Tomorrow

leedee

Chapter Nine

-

-

-

Harry and Hermione were lying on the floor, the photographs spread around them.

"I don't get it, there's nothing here!" Hermione complained.

"Well did you see something suspicious yesterday?" Harry asked.

"I - I well I was just a bit tipsy," she answered and Harry frowned at her. "Well, what am I supposed to do, he keeps giving me drinks, and I drink them slower than all the others," she defended herself.

"Yeah, I know. I'm not blaming you, Hermione, but you have to be careful. He might be doing it on purpose."

"Why? Do you think he suspects that I am spying on him?" Hermione looked at him.

"No, I don't think so, but he might think that getting you drunk will… help his agenda," Harry mumbled the last part and Hermione smiled. She turned back to a photo.


"What's this?" she asked and leaned in to look at it. Harry moved closer to her and peered down at the photo.

"It's too small," he said.

Hermione could smell his cologne. She felt a small flutter in her stomach. He smelled the same, he smelled like Harry. She had tasted that smell once. She could almost feel the taste of it at the tip or her tongue. She looked longingly at his neck, she wanted to kiss it. She could see faint stubble on his chin, and wondered what it would feel like to have it rasp against her own face. She looked up at him and saw that he was looking at her as well.

"Hi," he whispered and smiled.

Now Hermione felt flutters all the way down her legs, arms and in her most private parts. They both leaned their heads forwards slightly so that their foreheads were touching and they closed their eyes. They moved from side to side, almost rubbing their foreheads against each other. Harry exhaled sharply and Hermione felt his breath on her face. Even with her eyes closed she could hear his arm moving slowly, she knew he was going to caress her face. And she longed for him to do it…. There was a loud knock on the door and they jerked apart.

"Hermione?" Connor asked from outside. Hermione and Harry looked at each other in a slight panic.

"Connor?" she called back out.

"Who else?" he laughed from outside the door. She and Harry started scrambling all the photos together.

"I'm just getting dressed, hold on for a minute," she called.

"Oh, I don't mind, please do open the door undressed," he joked. Harry stopped gathering photos for a second and rolled his eyes at Hermione who just shrugged. He jumped into the corner behind Hermione's bed and pulled the cloak over himself. Hermione opened the door just a moment afterwards. Connor looked impatient.

"I just wanted to see how you are today," he said and let himself in. He walked over to the sofa and sat down.

"Oh, much better. Just had a bit too much champagne," she waved her and dismissively.

"I was afraid the sex-show was a bit too much for you," he continued. Hermione felt slightly embarrassed, she hadn't told Harry about the live threesome at the party.

"No, not at all," she smiled.

"Good," Connor smiled seductively and walked over to her. He grabbed her and pulled her close.

"You are so hot, Hermione," he said and started kissing her neck. Hermione almost panicked, she didn't want Harry in the room. "Feel how hot I find you," he moaned and put her hand between his legs. Hermione instinctively yanked it back. She looked over to the corner. She couldn't see Harry, but she was sure he was fuming.

"Oh, Connor," she laughed playfully.

"You know every guy at that party was envious of me for having the sexiest girl on my arm." His hand roamed her back and landed on her butt.

"And I'm sure all the girls envied me for being with you," she cooed.

"Oh, I've had the ones I want," he smiled and Hermione was stunned at how much he reminded her of Gilderoy Lockhart.

"I was so disappointed that you left early, my dear," he let go of her and walked over to the desk eyeing her things on it. He picked up a bottle of perfume and sniffed it. "It smells like you, I can't wait to smell all of you." Hermione wrinkled her nose; he really was a nasty man! "But this is cheap stuff; I need to get you some nice perfume. You are so worthy of a life in luxury. Honestly, being friends with Harry Potter and a famous Quidditch star doesn't pay off, I see," Cowell mumbled and Hermione glanced over at the place where Harry was hiding. "I guess they don't see your true value!" Cowell spun around and Hermione quickly met his eyes.

"But not to worry, I will treat you as you are worth!" he said. "Don't you agree?"

"You are right; I need someone like you in my life!"

"Who knows how to treat a woman," Cowell added. She nodded. "And, Hermione, I will make you feel more like a woman than you ever have felt with those school boys!" He walked back over to her and kissed her again. Her eyes darted back to Harry's corner, she guessed he was pretty annoyed by now.

She was correct, though. Harry had to use every ounce of self-control not to jump up from the corner. But he had to stop this; he couldn't watch some disgusting man fondle Hermione, his Hermione. He saw her looking at his direction, she was off by several feet though and he flashed his fist from under the cloak.

"You seem like you want me to leave," Connor pulled back and eyes her apprehensively.

"To tell you the truth, I have a lunch date."

"With a man?" he asked and it was obvious he was annoyed.

"Yes, you don't mind do you? You did say that we weren't exclusive." Connor gathered his composure.

"Why would I mind? Sure, I don't like to share certain things, but we'll get to that in a few weeks." He straightened himself up and picked some lint from his jacket. "I better leave you to it then," he said and walked to the door. He glanced over his shoulder and added, "Hermione, I will be sure to keep an eye on the boy who is trying to get with my girl. And about having an open relationship, soon I'll make sure that I'm the only one you'll dream about at night!" He winked and closed the door behind him. Harry yanked off the cloak.

"Please don't!" she said and held her hand up before he could say anything.

"You know where this is leading, don't you? He is going to want to sleep with you in a matter of dates." Hermione sat down on the bed and sighed.

---

Later that afternoon, Draco and Harry were sitting in the room going over the photos and their notes again. Hermione was sitting in the bar having a glass of wine, hoping Connor would happen to walk by. She was determined to find out more about him, and she wanted it to happen soon! She was growing very impatient.

There was a tap on the window. Draco looked and nudged Harry.


"Owl."

"So? Get up and get it, you lazy ass," Harry muttered.

Draco walked over to the window and read aloud: Come to office, urgent!

"We have to get Hermione!" Harry said.

"So go!"

"I can't go down there, the last thing I want is for someone to talk about seeing me and Hermione at a hotel bar late at night," Harry exclaimed.

"Why, afraid your fiancé will find out about what you and Hermione are up to?" Draco taunted.

"No, you fuck; I just don't want Connor to get suspicious. It would really hurt the case if he thought Hermione and I spent much time together! Go down there and tell her!"

Draco got up and hurried downstairs, he didn't want to be seen either. Hermione was sitting at the bar by herself, her legs crossed. Draco took a moment and looked at her. He looked at her naked leg, all the way from the black high-heeled shoe up to the hem off her dress. She was dangling her foot enticingly. Seeing her at the bar reminded him that his bed had been empty for more than a week. He needed to call one of his lady friends, or hit a bar the next evening off he had. He hurried over to her.

"We have to go," he hissed in her ear and she spun around. Some of her big curls stuck on his lips and he spat wildly.

"Draco? What? Why?"

"Let's go, I'll tell you later." He grabbed Hermione's arm and started to pull her off the chair. A large hand clamped down on Draco's shoulder.

"Is everything alright here Hermione?"

Draco closed his eyes and sighed, knowing that they had been caught. There was no way Connor Cowell would ever believe Draco and Hermione were friends, he would surely know something was up.

"No problem," Hermione smiled at Connor and Draco looked shocked at her. Then he turned around and faced Connor.

"This is the date I told you about," Hermione purred and slid her arm under Draco's.

"Oh, really. I didn't know it was with Mr. Malfoy." He eyed them cautiously.

"Yeah, well, we were just heading out," Hermione continued.

"I know you were both in Hogwarts around the same time."


"Same year, actually!" Hermione interrupted.

"But I didn't know you kept in touch," Connor looked from one to the other.

"Well, we haven't," Hermione agreed. "But we met again at your last ball." Draco put his arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"Yes, who could resist this one?" Draco joked but Cowell didn't laugh.

"Well, I won't keep you," he nodded curtly at them. Just as they started to leave Connor held out an arm.

"Hermione, why don't you bring Draco as your cavalier to the next ball?" She stared at him in surprise. She had honestly taken it for granted that Connor would take her to the ball.

"Yes, I think maybe I will," she answered as she and Draco started walking. While still in eyesight, Draco pinched her butt.

Through clinched teeth Hermione hissed, "Do that again and I'll make sure you have no hand left to do it with."

"Just easing into my role as your date," Draco sneered.

As soon as they were out of sight, they apparated to the office, meeting Harry there. It was late, and not many people were there, but the three of them and two other Aurors had been called to the office. Gawain came storming in, looking thoroughly pissed. Following closely behind him was Bruno. His arms were crossed but he still didn't speak. "Someone has been murdered," he said and sat down.

"Anyone we know?" one of the other Aurors asked.

"It's the goblin Griphook," Gawain answered. Everyone was silent, not understanding why anyone would want to kill a goblin, much less Griphook.

"At Gringotts?" the same Auror asked.

"No, in his home," Gawain answered, looking deep in thought.

"Any leads?" Harry asked.

"Yes…" Gawain was silent for a moment. "He was missing a hand."

-

-

AN: Rather short chapter this time, but I hope you liked it anyway. I love your reviews, so leave one or two... : - )

-->