Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dudley's Girlfriend by greenevans
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dudley's Girlfriend

greenevans

Chapter 5

Life-Size Harry Dress-Up Doll

Complete with Speedo and over-active hormones

Thank you again for all the reviews.

Thank you Libby for being my beta; without you, my chapters would be riddled with stupid mistakes, like "Voldermort", lol, and Lord knows what else.

Decided to post a little early this week, because there seems to be a lull on Portkey, but maybe it's just me. And now, the shopping day, bwahaha! Long chapter, over 8 pages of story, so enjoy =)

*~*~*

When Hermione woke the next morning, she could have floated around the house, no matter how bloody early it was. She glided about getting ready for the day, which included a brief five minute (ten, twenty?) "good morning" kiss with Harry against the bathroom counter when he was leaving for the first time and she was entering for the second. Thankfully they had both brushed their teeth already.

Hermione decided she loved Harry after a shower and especially kissing him after a shower. He smelled so nice and clean and Harry. Pity he'd taken clothes with him that time.

The trip to London was normal, for Harry and Hermione. Not as extreme as Dark Wizards leaping out determined to end their lives prematurely, but not dull.

Her parents surprised them when they were heading down the road, her father in particular. "Going steady now, kids?" He grinned that cheeky grin her mother seemed to adore at them through the rear view mirror.

Hermione groaned.

Harry blushed and stammered.

Her mother cooed.

Hermione groaned again.

"Oh, it's sweet, Hermione," her mother said. "Harry was so sweet last night."

Hermione wanted to - and tried to - sink into the seats. She could feel Harry fidgeting next her.

"You know, dear," Hermione's father began, "we probably don't have to treat them any differently." He glanced in the mirror again with a small smile. "And I think we've succeeded in embarrassing both of them."

"Thoroughly, Dad," Hermione muttered.

"Alright, sweetie," Hermione's mother said, but she couldn't resist adding, "I'm so happy for you two, honey."

Hermione buried her face in Harry's shoulder. "Why can't we have normal lives?"

"'Cause you're a witch and I'm a wizard," Harry whispered to her as her parents laughed.

"Smart ass."

The rest of the trip was nice and eventless, thankfully.

When they arrived in London, they headed straight for the muggle department stores, to turn Harry into a dress up doll for a few hours. Harry needed clothes, and he had to try them on to see if they fit; this was a perfectly charitable excursion. Never mind Hermione and her mother were also choosing clothes solely for the enjoyment of Harry trying them on and that they had no intention of actually letting him buy.

Harry had fun with it at first, doing a mock runway model strut in front of the fitting rooms. His energy and enthusiasm waned, however, as the clothes kept coming.

"Please," Harry nearly begged after two hours when they brought him a light pink sweater vest and white collared shirt to try on, "no more. I'm tired and hungry." Hermione almost laughed at how scared he looked.

"I'm with Harry," her father piped up from where he'd all but fallen asleep in a chair. "It's past my lunch time."

"And we all know how your father gets cranky when he doesn't eat," her mother whispered to her.

"I heard that," he grumbled.

"Okay, Harry, no more clothes," Hermione told him and he instantly looked relieved. "You need a pair of swim trunks, though," she smiled innocently.

Harry groaned.

"And then we'll go eat," Hermione's mother promised.

"Okay," Harry conceded. "Can we make it quick? I'm starved." He looked so woebegone Hermione couldn't resist kissing his cheek.

"Don't forget to model," she told him, handing him two pairs of swim trunks, one deep red and blue, one white and light blue, and smacking his bottom playfully as he headed for the changing room. He scowled slightly over his shoulder at her as she grinned.

"Poor bloke," her father muttered.

Ten pairs of trunks, twenty-five winks, nine offered phone numbers (from women who were old enough to quite possibly be his mother), six whistles, two "modeling" offers, one poor harassed Harry and one slightly disgruntled Hermione later, they were at the checkout counter with all Harry's clothes.

"It's not like I'm invisible," Hermione was grumbling. "Am I?"

"Of course not, sweetie," her mother replied absentmindedly, making sure none of the clothing was misplaced on the counter.

"I mean, I was standing right there in front of Harry, he was looking at me, and they have the audacity to hit on him in front of me!"

Harry felt bad that Hermione was upset about the swim trunk incident, but there was nothing he could really do other than pat her back, hold her hand and tell her it was okay. She would have to get over it in her own time.

"Some women just don't care if a man is taken," Helen said, proving she was listening, "or if he's with his wife at the time. Just be glad Harry's as clueless as your father about it," she told Hermione.

In a way, Harry thought Hermione deserved a bit of what happened for trying to get him to try on those blooming Speedo things. "But your bum will look so nice," she'd said. He should've tried them all, teach her a lesson. Just imagine how many of those slag twits would have flocked to him then, eh?

But now she was upset and it made him feel sad and he felt bad for what he was thinking.

"Helen, ma'am, you really don't need to buy anything for me," Harry tried once again. "I can pay for it, it's really not… I appreciate it, but I can." He had fumbled over his words every time he tried to explain. He didn't want to seem rude, but he didn't want to just let them buy clothes for him. He wasn't a mooch.

"Oh, don't be silly, Harry," Helen told him handing a card to the cashier. "We know you can, but we want to treat you. Robert's always wanted a son and now that you're staying with us, you're like a surrogate in a way. And we can afford it just fine."

Harry was horrified; he hadn't wanted to insinuate that they couldn't. He knew from experience with Vernon how little people like that. Cheapskate though he was, Vernon liked people to know he could afford virtually anything, hence Dudley's size and multitude of broken toys. "I didn't mean that, ma'am," he stammered quickly. "I just don't want to… I don't want you to think I want you to buy me stuff," he finished lamely.

Helen laughed. "You're such a silly boy, Harry." She ruffled his hair; it made him feel soothed, like a mother making everything right in his little world. "We know you didn't mean that, but understand," she took his face in her hands and held it close to hers, "we will treat you whenever we want and there's nothing you can do to stop us."

"Yes, ma'am," Harry answered. "Thank you, ma'am."

"Simple manners like that are all I ask in return, Harry dear."

Harry nodded. She was very much like her daughter, or Hermione was very much like her mother, with a damn stubborn streak. "Yes, ma'am."

Helen released his face and Robert clapped his shoulder. "You've just survived your first encounter with Helen's stubborn side, son," he told Harry overly serious. "The best way to survive the next attack is to just go with it. Makes things much smoother."

"Oh, just like with Hermione, then," Harry replied.

"Shush, you," Hermione told him, slapping his arm a little, "as if you ever listen." The slap was just an excuse to touch him, though, since she hugged his arm right after. He took her other hand in his and kissed her head. Harry loved being able to touch her now, to kiss her, to hold her, to hug her whenever he wanted simply because he wanted to; it was simply delightful and made his heart soar.

It was so comfortable with her parents, too. They didn't mind small, subtle displays of affection, possibly because they were guilty of it themselves. Helen would look at the two of them with an affectionate, motherly, almost tearful smile, and Robert would give them a small smile and a quick wink. He was getting wink happy.

"Let's take the bags to the car and get some food," Robert said. "I've been ready to eat for an hour."

As the four of them headed to the Leaky Cauldron, Harry slowed his steps to fall a few feet behind the Grangers. A thought had just struck him and it terrified him. "Hermione," he said quietly and seriously, "we're going to the wizarding world."

She looked at him and her mouth formed a silent "Oh". His mind was tempted to roam to thoughts of her face with her lips in that expression wrapped around his Willie, but reined it in and focused.

"You know it'll be a million times worse in there than at the department store," he told her, focusing on Hermione's eyes instead of the delectable way she was nibbling her lower lip.

She nodded. "It would be best if everyone, or anyone, found out we're a couple while we're at Hogwarts, so they can't harass us or anything."

"Ooh," Harry said, wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her close as they walked, "so this will be our little secret. Sounds kinky." He nuzzled just behind her ear, pressing his lips gently to her neck.

"Rein it in there, cowboy," Hermione told him with a smile.

"I have to go hours and hours without touching or holding you, I need to get as much as I can now," he told in a logical tone.

"You've gone six years without touching or holding me," she countered, "I think you last the rest of the day."

"I wasn't in love with you for five of those years. Or didn't realize it at least."

"And last year?" she inquired, giving a small moan as continued to kiss her neck and hold her close.

"I pined and pined for you day after day after day," he told her. That was very, if not completely, true, though Hermione would probably think he was teasing.

When she threw her head back and laughed, he knew he was right. But her neck was exposed to him and he couldn't resist trailing his lips up and down her slim neck. Hermione was such a beautiful woman Harry didn't know what she saw in him, but he was so thankful.

Hermione turned in his arms. "There's the Leaky Cauldron," she whispered.

Harry sighed. "Back to Harry and Hermione, Best Friends for the afternoon," he said softly. "But tonight," he added with exaggerated flair, "we can resume being Harry and Hermione, Teens in Love." He waggled his eyebrows suggestively and Hermione laughed.

"One last kiss?" she asked with a playful smile.

"Anything for you," he told her, bending his head to capture her lips with his.

It was a few moments (Harry always lost track of time when he was with Hermione) before they remembered where they were and where they were going and pulled apart. The held each other a moment more before reluctantly stepping a few feet from one another.

"Best friends," Hermione said, and Harry could see her setting her resolve.

"Always," Harry replied, steeling himself also. This would be a long afternoon. After touching and holding and caressing and kissing and loving Hermione, having her love him in return, to go back just friend would be killer. "I love you," he told her, just to remind her, so she wouldn't forget, so she wouldn't think he didn't, because he did. Now he was rambling to himself.

Her smile, her beautiful smile that lit her face and eyes, told him all the love she felt for him.

Together, but now separate for the time, they headed to the entrance of the Leaky Cauldron. Hermione's parents were waiting near the door for them and Robert cocked an eyebrow at the two of them when they met them. Harry didn't know if the eyebrow was because he and Hermione weren't holding hands or their delay in catching up, but Hermione decided to answer as if the former had been asked.

"Harry and I are just best friends until we leave the wizarding world," she said as soon as they stopped.

"Ah," her parents said together. "Smart girl," Helen told her.

"Smart Harry," Hermione replied, causing him to blush slightly.

"Looks like you did earn that Head Boy badge," Robert chuckled, cuffing Harry's shoulder.

"Thank you, sir," Harry said grinning. "Now let's eat; I'm starved."

Harry led the way into the bar followed by Hermione and her parent and hurried to find Tom the barkeeper while they waited.

"Tom," he said quietly leaning over the bar to shake the man's hand, "can you give me, Hermione and her parents a private room for lunch, please?" He released the barman's hand, leaving a gold coin behind. "And keep it quiet that we're here, too?" he asked with a grin.

"Of course," Tom answered with a toothless grin and ushered him toward the back of the restaurant. Harry motioned for the Grangers to follow him, hoping he didn't draw any attention to himself.

"Getting your school supplies?" Tom asked in his gruff voice as they seated them.

"Yes, sir, Tom," Harry answered. "Hermione and her parents were kind enough to bring me since the Weasleys are in Egypt and my aunt and uncle aren't so kind."

"Such friends are a rare gem," Tom commented taking their orders.

"Yes," said Harry quietly sharing a special smile with Hermione, "they are."

The four of them ate sandwiches while talking and teased Harry about trying on the clothes and teased Hermione about getting jealous and what their classes might be like. Talk of school and classed turned to the gossip of Hogwarts, which Harry more or less tuned out, leaving Hermione and her mother to it. That was the thing with women; they liked to talk about people and what so-and-so is up to and who's cheating on who and yadda yadda yadda. Men didn't gossip. Women couldn't resist it. Not even logical, rational, intelligent Hermione.

But he still loved her, of course.

So while Hermione chitchatted about who was with whom to her mom, Harry contented himself with watching her while he finished the last of his Butterbeer. It amazed him how beautiful a girl Hermione was. It was such a simple, natural beauty, none of that high maintenance crap like Lavender or Parvati. Hermione was the kind of girl who was gorgeous no matter how she looked, whether she was dressed elegantly for a ball or in her pajamas for bed or doing chores around the house.

Harry wanted to help Hermione with chores. Or at least watch. Help and watch, maybe. Especially watch her bending to pick things up, to put clothes in the dryer and stretching to put things on shelves or get cleaning supplies. Hermione bending over is a beautiful sight, her nice round bum stretching and simply inviting him. He could fit right behind her just perfectly.

These were very not Best-Friend-Hermione related thoughts and staring at Hermione with a boner hidden under the table was not very Best-Friend-Harry, but he didn't care; who would see them in here besides her parents and who would see his pants under the table? Exactly.

"Harry," Hermione was saying. She was leaning toward him to with a playful smile on her face. Harry wanted to play with Hermione, wanted her to play with him, with his erection. He smiled at how nice and fun that would be. "You know you can't do that this afternoon, Harry," she said.

He sat up. "What?" Can't play with Hermione? What is this nonsense?

"You can't stare at me when we leave the Leaky Cauldron," she smiled.

"Meh…" Harry grunted and she laughed.

After Harry didn't have an obvious bulge in his pants and had paid the lunch bill, the four of them entered Diagon Alley and headed for Gringotts for money exchange and withdrawal. Diagon Alley had recovered drastically in the past year, in the past few months, since Voldemort had been defeated and most of the Death Eaters had been captured. There was still evidence of the destruction and devastation that occurred in the past months, but businesses had been refurbished and remodeled, and families had returned, proving how tough and resilient people truly were.

They ran into Dean and Seamus in Flourish and Blotts, chatting a bit to catch up from the summer. Dean asked if either of them knew when the Weasleys, particularly Ginny, were going to be back from their trip, but Harry hardly heard. Seamus was making eyes at Hermione and Harry was very tempted to hex Seamus and smooch Hermione proving she was Harry's to kiss. It was a very possessive urge.

But Harry refrained from doing so. He tried to be rational and told himself that if Seamus knew Hermione was madly in love and with Harry, he wouldn't try to ask her out. The hormonal part of Harry ignored the rational part of Harry.

"Are you going back to the muggles after this, mate?" Dean asked Harry. Hermione must have answered his Weasley related question.

"Thankfully, no," Harry said. "Hermione's parents were kind enough to lend me their guest room for the next few weeks till school starts."

"Sweet deal, your muggles don't sound fun."

Harry nodded. "It is nice to not have everyone flinch when I walk in a room."

"Man, my brothers and sisters think it's so awesome," Dean told him. "Ever since I turned seventeen they've been bugging me to show them stuff and Seamus when he comes over."

"Aw, that's so cute!" Hermione gushed. Girls and little kids, everything's cute to them, Harry thought.

"They begged us to tell them about last year…" he paused a moment, his jaw clenching slightly as if a flashback passed before his eyes. Harry understood exactly how Dean felt; some parts of The Final Battle when the Death Eaters invaded Hogwarts had been bloody and gory and they all would be affected for life. "So we told them some, just that we help fight off really bad guys, and they think we're heroes now. They tell all their classmates their big brother's a hero and helped save the world."

"Well, you guys are," Harry said, a serious look on his face while Hermione beamed at them. "We needed all the help we could get. I would have never made it to face off with Voldemort without everyone's help." Dean and Seamus stiffened slightly at the name, but nothing more. Hopefully, with time, no one would fear his name anymore.

It was then Dean's mother and siblings and Seamus's mother called for him and he and Seamus left. A little boy about eight tried to jump on his older brother's back as they left and a little girl about eleven pulled Seamus's arm to whisper in his ear.

The little buggers are cute.

"Really, Harry, you can't seethe every time another boy talks to me," Hermione said quietly as they made their way through the aisles of books.

"I wasn't seething and he was flirting," Harry defended almost curtly.

She smiled at his tone. "Just a few more hours; it can't possibly be that difficult for you."

"Easy for you to say," he muttered. "No one's tried to pick up on me."

Hermione laughed. "No, no one has, they've just been staring incessantly and practically drooling over you from a distance."

They found Hermione's parents standing in line with their books and joined them. Harry kept fidgeting wanting the line to move faster; they only had everywhere to go after this and he was being unreasonably impatient. Funny how being Harry Potter, Boy-Who-Lived slash The Golden Boy slash Man-Who-Conquered never seemed to work in his favor…

Hermione suggested stopping by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes to visit the twins before their loads got heavier. Fred and George's store was booming with business as usual and they once again bestowed upon Harry anything he wanted from the store, free of charge.

"Anything for our Number One Investor," George told him with a tip of an imaginary (or invisible) hat when Harry tried to decline.

Fred showed Hermione their new line they decided to create in honor of her: Study Aids and Study Pranks, with the tag line "Everything you need to earn straight Os and torment your classmates". Some of the pranks they twins had made years ago, like Exploding and Spell-Checking quills, but now had a special section to advertise them in.

Hermione laughed at some of the gadgets the twins had fashioned; a Dome of Silence to block out unwanted noise and distraction, Flash Cards that could be programmed and reprogrammed for multiple subjects and flashed different colors, Smudging Erasers that didn't really erase but smudged the entire word into one big blot, and dozens of more things.

Harry stood with George a few feet away and watched Hermione as Fred demonstrated and showed everything off to her. Since Fred was still dating Angelina, Harry didn't have to worry about him flirting in a "get with her way" and could just enjoy the beauty of Hermione.

"So how long have you been Jonesing after Hermione?" George asked suddenly.

"Dammit!" Harry said, causing his friend to laugh at him.

"Sorry for pointing it out, mate, but it's obvious," the red-head told him. He looked at him slyly and commented casually, "She's into you, too, you know."

Harry grinned; he wasn't the only one who was obvious. "I know," he told George with a dopey grin still on his face, "we didn't want anyone to find out we're together till we're at Hogwarts. Keep the press at bay kinda thing."

"Smart man," George commended, "lucky man. Hermione's a catch, Harry; don't bullocks it up," he added with a grin and a wink as he headed over to show some stuff to Hermione's parents.

When the four of them left Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, it was with bags of tricks and treats, most they were given for free, some they had to talk their way into buying. "Such nice boys," Helen commented with a smile, "I would not want to raise them, though." Harry and Hermione laughed.

Three and a half hours they had finished their shopping in Diagon Alley.

At Madam Malkin's Harry and Hermione bought a few new robes for school, had a few others in excellent condition tailored to fit and donated some they no longer needed.

Harry stopped in Eeylops Owl Emporium to get some more owl treats for Hedwig and a new perch for her cage. He also bought her a larger water dish; she never really drank from it, but he had noticed she liked to splash around a little when she preened. Hermione wanted to get Crookshanks some new toys and treats, so they headed to Magical Menagerie after that.

They filled up their potion supplies at the Apothecary and ran into Neville and his grandmother. During their sixth year at Hogwarts, leading up and during The Final Battle, Neville had filled out and changed from the clumsy, awkward boy to a total bad ass to put it simply. His grandmother was very proud of him, joining the DA in their fifth year and fighting against Voldemort last year. "He's just like his father," she would say, and Harry would see Neville blush and duck his head, a proud and pleased smile on his face. Harry appreciated that Mrs. Longbottom had come to Hogwarts to help, as well, and one kick arse old fighter had she turned out to be, taking on and killing Bellatrix Lestrange. Neville had his share of vengeance that day, too, eliminating Rodolphus Lestrange. Together, grandmother and grandson completed the revenge of Frank and Alice when they cornered Rabastan Lestrange. All that was found afterwards was a pile of dust.

Harry sometimes saw a darkness cast over Neville's eyes, when the subject would touch that day. He had seen it in several of his classmates, and would for a long time, reliving things they had done, things they had seen, things that had been done to them. War was gruesome, but necessary. Harry read a quote somewhere earlier that summer, something to the extent of, "Evil continues when there are no good people to stop it." That was what they did, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, the Weasleys, the Hogwarts staff, the students, everyone who fought that day and over the years. They stopped an evil from spreading. And Harry knew they would do it again in a heartbeat.

They chatted with Neville while his grandmother paid the cashier, asked how his summer was, how his scars were healing. Neville, it seemed, ended up with more scars and bruises and burns and broken bones than half the injured put together; none of the wounds hindered him, though, and he didn't stop till everything was done.

"The doctors at St. Mungo's don't think this one's going to heal completely," Neville said, pointing at a gash on his right cheek. "Pretty nasty curse if I remember right. Anyway, I don't mind too much; girls dig scars, don't they, Harry?"

Harry smiled, touched that Neville still looked up to him for whatever reason, and looked at Hermione. "Hermione would probably answer best."

Hermione withheld a smile, a Special Harry Smile, when she glanced at him. "It depends on the scar and the story," she answered in a neutral tone. "Don't worry, Neville, I'm sure loads of girls will `dig' your scars."

The Longbottoms left, heading out to further their shopping, and Harry and Hermione went along the Apothecary aisles replenishing their potion supplies. "Neville's looking good," Hermione commented while looking at a bottle of rat liver.

Harry sputtered. "What?" Neville? What about me, Hermione?

"Well, you can't deny that he's not that pudgy, klutzy, forgetful boy anymore," she said. "He's grown and thinned out, he's not tripping over himself and he's only slightly forgetful. And that scar makes him look like a bad boy. You may have some competition for Sexiest Wizard at Hogwarts," she teased with a grin.

His eyes stared into hers. "Who would your vote go for?" he asked.

Hermione's gaze was just as intent as Harry's, but more playful with a smile tugging at her lips. You, she mouthed at him then winked and rounded the corner.

Harry grinned like a silly school boy until they walked by Quality Quidditch Supplies. "Ooh, let's look in here!" he exclaimed, not caring that he sounded like a ten year-old passing a toy store.

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully and followed him in. Robert looked around just as enthusiastically and Harry heard Helen mutter, "Boys," under her breath. She was smiling at them, though, as Harry explained everything to Robert. "Why couldn't you be into sports, Hermione?" he asked and she frowned at her father.

"I like books, Dad," she said flatly. "I don't mind watching the games, but I'd rather not play."

"She doesn't like flying," Harry translated with a teasing grin and Hermione gasped indignantly.

Harry bought new Quidditch gloves, oil to help the gloves last longer, broom polish to refill the kit Hermione had bought him years ago, and some really nice indestructible goggles.

"Don't you only have one year of Quidditch left, Harry?" Hermione asked as they left the store.

"At Hogwarts, yes," he answered, "but the Auror Academy has a Quidditch team, too. They play against other schools around Europe. Oliver told me about it before he graduated. I'm going to owl them when I get to Hogwarts."

"You better not break or kill yourself playing there," she told him with a look that said she might if he did.

"I don't think there will be rogue bludgers and power-hungry professors or dementors after me at Auror Academy, Hermione."

"You never know," she defended. "I'm just saying, be careful. I'd rather not lose you," she added so softly, Harry almost didn't hear.

"Hey," he said, stopping in the street and pulling her to the side with him, "nothing's going to happen to me." Harry ducked his head to look into her eyes and gave a reassuring smile. "I promise I'll be extra careful."

Hermione returned his smile and nodded, looking at ease for the time being.

"This isn't a very good way to hide that you're a couple," Hermione's father said with a smile, coming up beside them.

"I think we're done shopping," Helen said, "so let's get some ice cream."

Sitting at a Florean Fortescue table with Hermione while Helen and Robert browsed the Flourish and Blotts books once more, Harry somewhat regretted Helen suggesting ice cream when he saw how Hermione was going to eat it. He knew she would never eat it such an insinuating way if her parents were here, but at the same time Harry was transfixed and enjoying it. The suggestion of her tongue licking at the scoop of ice cream, catching the melting drips, her lips pulling at it, Harry thought he was going to pass out from loss of blood to his brain.

At least she didn't have a Popsicle.

"You're such a witch," he told her when she was done.

Hermione looked at him, eyes wide in innocence, but the corners of her mouth twitching in a smile. "What do you mean, Harry?"

He leaned over the table, still hiding his erection, toward her and whispered, "Need I remind you I am a hormonal teenage boy?"

Her grin was huge, her eyes sparkling brightly at him. "That's what I'm counting on."

*~*~*

The Final Battle stuff I'm more or less borrowing from the end of Deathly Hallows, with a few changes here and there. Like Harry won't be a Christ figure.

Dome of Silence in reference to Cone of Silence on Get Smart, awesome show, awesome movie.

The scene with Dean's siblings is similar to ones I've seen at work and the "The little buggers are cute" is something my best friend and I have said many times

I've always wondered what exactly the owl treats would be... Birds of prey have no interest in anything that isn't meat. No, you cannot make an owl, hawk, falcon, or eagle a vegetarian, they will not eat it, they cannot digest fruit or vegetables, and they would die. I have an owl, he thinks I'm Mommy, so I know this for a fact (tho he did try to eat snow once). That said, would they be like dried rodents? Like Jerky Mice? Little compressed bits of rodent?

We had a Red-Tail Hawk at my work for a long time who loved to take baths in his water dish. He would even break the ice in the winter to sit in it. The owls we have will on occasion splash around in their water for a bath, too.

Oh, and for Hedwig to be as white as she could, she would have to be male. The females have more spots and are darker to blend in while incubating the eggs. JK should have done some more research.

Ice cream seduction scene is from my past…experiences

-->