Unofficial Portkey Archive

Dudley's Girlfriend by greenevans
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Dudley's Girlfriend

greenevans

Chapter 6

Sun on the Beach!

Thank you for the reviews =)

1) I'm posting this a day early because I have an hour and a half till my next class starts (that's right! Rosie started college again!*) and the Diet Pepsi Max I had with lunch has made taking a nap on the bench out of the question.

So, I'm bored, there are no hott guys in view at the moment and my friend is sick, so she gets a post. Feel better, Amanda; yerba santa and vitamin c =)

2) I love my Author's Notes; they're the reason I write my chapters. Just kidding! But I do enjoy adding the things that go through my mind while writing the chapters and I hope you do, as well =)

If not, well, just don't read them, eh? Lol

3) I was asked in a review where I get my inspiration. Honestly, I have no idea. Some things are from my life, some things I create off other things I've read, some things my beta comments on one thing and I write a whole new section that's virtually unrelated, but mostly it just rattles around in my mind and somehow comes out on paper. I'll be honest, tho, the requirements set for this challenge are really helping me develop the story. Not so much inspiration, but definitely direction.

Lol, now I'm going to be making a conscious effort to figure out what inspires me. Tom Welling =) Libby knows, lol. And Michael Phelps, and Zachary Levi, and my not so little birdman *sigh…*

*~*~*

Life at the Granger household was much more fun than at the Dursleys, no contest. Harry didn't feel like an intruder or unwanted. He didn't stay locked in his room as much as possible avoiding people. Hermione and her parents included him in everything and made him feel like he was part of the family. They were such sweet people, even after the initial pleasantries were past and the family returned to their normal routines, yet including him. Seeing how considerate they still were, Harry knew this is how they honestly were, and weren't putting on a show for him.

What else should he expect from the parents who raised Hermione?

Harry also found over the next few days that he desperately wanted to be a part of this family. He wanted to truly be a son of Helen and Robert. If he had to marry Hermione to accomplish that, then so be it. It was something he would just have to suffer with. Harry grinned to himself.

It was in that first week of being with Hermione that Harry decided he wanted to marry her when they graduated Hogwarts. So what if they were young. His parents were young when they got married; Hermione's parents were young when they got married. They were best friends first and in love second and with that combination, Harry didn't see how they couldn't make a marriage between them work.

There were two things Harry was certain of for his future: he wanted to be an Auror and he wanted to marry Hermione. No, three: he wanted to father Hermione's children.

For now, that was all he needed.

Harry woke one morning to find Hedwig sitting on his wardrobe; she'd gone out hunting and hadn't returned for a few days. "Hey there, girl, I was about to start getting worried about you," he said to his owl, his first friend. "Where you been?"

In response, the snowy owl turned and picked something up in her beak. Hoping she wasn't bringing him a dead mouse as a present, Harry was much relieved when he saw a scroll of parchment.

"Thanks, Hedwig, I got a treat for you the other day," he told the bird reaching for a box of owl treats.

While Hedwig munched on the raptor snacks, Harry read the letter she had brought. It was from Ron, a short note in his friend's scribble.

Harry,

Sorry we couldn't get you from the muggles. We were in Egypt visiting Bill and then we stopped in Romania to see Charlie. Hermione said she'd rescue you, though, so I hope you're having fun reading for the rest of summer break.

Ha ha.

I can assure you, I will be enjoying myself here in Romania. There's a girl here, mate, who just loves my red hair! Ginny won't leave me alone, and neither did Fred and George when they stopped by the other day. Ginny at least shut up when I started teasing her about precious Nicu (some bloke Charlie works with). Fred and George don't stop for anything, the blasted gits.

Anyway, I'll see you at King's Cross.

Ron

Harry smiled; he would be having fun this summer with Hermione. And he doubted there would be as much reading as Ron thought. Unless reading was code for something else, like snogging.

Late the day after their London trip, Harry and Hermione sat on the porch swing while her parents were at the office, watching the summer afternoon and occasionally "reading" (Harry snickered at his new code word).

"Harry, I've been wanting to ask you," Hermione said tentatively, "do you think about…last year much?"

Harry met her gaze, there was so much compassion and understanding in her eyes he had to look away, afraid of what she might read in his own. "A bit," he answered. "Do you?" It was probably wise to talk about this, traumatic experiences and all. Didn't the government offer all their soldiers psychologist appointments when they returned?

Hermione's eyes dropped to the stones under their feet and she nodded. "Mostly I dream about it," she said softly and Harry tightened his arm around her shoulder. "I don't really want to think about…what I did and saw and…" She stopped her sentence and Harry knew what she began: and what they did to me… It made his heart break.

"But I need to sometimes," she continued, "to make sense of it, I suppose." Her jaw clenched and her voice took a steely note. "I don't regret anything I did that day." She sounded so resolved Harry wondered what had happened the times they had been separated. Then he realized he didn't want to know, that he didn't need to know. They were alive still; that was all that mattered.

"I know, love, I know," he said gently, hugging Hermione to his chest when he saw her eyes fill with tears. "I don't either, and I won't hold anything against you." She cried silently into his shirt as he held her. "I try not to think about it, because I want to forget it…" Harry started talking and found it did help and the words kept coming. "But it's a part of me now, and always will be. It's part of what made me who I am." He paused and swallowed his emotions; his voice was sounding gruff. "When I don't think about it, when I push it away, then I have the nightmares. Always what I couldn't do, who I couldn't save…"

His voice trailed off and now Hermione was holding him to her chest as tears streaked down his face. When had he started crying? Did his heart always hurt this much when he remembered that awful day? Had his stomach always wanted to heave until he couldn't breathe?

Yes, it did. But Hermione holding him, her gentle fingers running through his hair, her reassuring words, even as she cried herself, helped to sooth him. She always helped him. Why hadn't he seen that sooner? Falling asleep thinking of her held the nightmares at bay, being with her kept the memories from the front of his mind, holding and touching her kept the ache from consuming him.

"Oh, Harry," she murmured softly, "you couldn't be everywhere, you couldn't do everything. It's not your fault; you're the reason thousands more didn't die."

"I know," he choked out, "but some part of me doesn't."

Together they cried, for what was lost those few months ago, for what has been gained since then, for what will come in time, but mostly, they cried for each other, and the pain the other endured, the pain they couldn't take away, but in time, may ease.

And together, they made one more step to recovery.

*~*~*

The first weekend Harry was with the Grangers they announced that Sunday they were going to the beach. Harry had never been to the beach before, or on anything that could be considered a trip or vacation. There was that zoo trip for Dudley's birthday when he was ten; that was the first and last. Well, he supposed when Vernon was trying to outrun his Hogwarts letters, but that was nowhere near fun for any of them.

Needless to say, Harry was extremely excited when he went to bed Saturday night. Hermione teased him while they were out in the garden. They were sitting on one of the wooden benches and Hermione was leaning against him while he was asking her questions about it.

"Well, there's sand and water and some tide pools in volcanic or sedimentary rock," she told him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "I think the one we're going to has really nice tide pools." A small frown of thought at that last sentence.

"What are in the tide pools?" Harry asked.

"Didn't you learn that in grade school?" Hermione turned her head to look at him. He kissed her lips and her nose.

"Maybe, but I like hearing it from you," he smiled. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tighter to him. Hermione was his favorite blanket, and pillow, and cuddle buddy.

So she told him about the crabs, sea urchins, sea anemones, and other sea creatures that live in the small pools of water protected in the rocks at low tide.

"Wow… And it's free?" Harry couldn't believe this. It sounded so amazing! He couldn't wait till tomorrow.

"Some of them are; the nicer ones charge a parking fee."

"Which one are we going to?"

"A nicer one." Hermione kissed his arm and he kissed her head. She smelled so good. Harry was having a time keeping his body and hormones in check. Her laying on him, his arms wrapped around her, her smelling so good (it had to be some sort of pheromone perfume), was sending his body into overdrive. Harry was definitely going to need some private fantasy time before sleep.

"Hermione," Harry said with a sly smile, "can I kiss you?" Harry had asked her the other day and she thought it was so cute and adorable and whatever other synonyms she had used that she had kissed him until his toes curls. He figured, if he didn't overuse it, the question could keep working.

She turned in his arms and stretch over his body as he leaned back, putting delicious weight on his groin that almost made him groan aloud. "You're so sweet and silly," she said smiling. Her arms wrapped around his neck to play with his hair as she pressed her lips to his. Her tongue slipped out of her mouth and into his and Harry was lost in her. Whenever she took charge like that it threw him for a loop and his head spun with emotions and hormones and keeping his body in check became a distant thought.

Harry's pulled her closer to him, her breasts pressing into his chest. Hermione's hands playing in his hair, with his ears, with his neck were making him want her all the more than he always did. He knew his body was responding to her but he couldn't stop it.

And then Hermione was pressing her hips into his thigh and their tongues and lips danced together. Was she..? Is she? Did I? were the broken thoughts running through Harry's head.

Hermione's subtle squirming against him emboldened Harry and took a bold risk of running a hand from Hermione's back to her round, perfect bottom, caressing the denim-covered area. She moaned into his mouth, which Harry took as a good sign. Encouraged further, he made another daring move and slid his other hand up Hermione's ribs to the side of her breast. She squirmed against him and moaned and Harry felt a surge of manliness at the fact he was causing this. It aroused him more than he already was and he groaned.

Somehow, in his hormone-clouded, blood deficient, preoccupied mind, Harry registered footsteps on the path. His hands immediately flew to more family friendly regions of Hermione's body, resulting in her ending the kiss and scowling at him slightly.

"Your parents," he grunted, trying to sit up with her on his chest. Harry could have sworn Hermione growled at his words.

Helen came walking around the hedge a moment later, just as Harry had crossed his leg to hide the massive bulge in his pants. His erection to making out with Hermione was not something he wanted advertised to her parents.

"Oh, there you kids are," Helen said smiling at them. "Your father and I have made some hot cocoa if you two would like any before bed. Hot cocoa always puts me right to sleep," she added smiling still and closing her eyes in happy satisfaction.

"Translation," Hermione began, "`it's getting late; go to bed'."

Harry laughed, only slightly nervously, afraid at possibly having to stand up for Helen to see what him and her daughter had been doing or near doing or practically doing or whatever. Lucky for Harry, Hermione was a genius and rescued him.

"We'll be right there, Mum. We were actually just about to head in," she told her mother with an innocent smile.

For some reason that smile made Harry want her all the more.

The witch probably knew that, too.

Helen nodded then headed back to the house, glancing at them over her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Harry said immediately.

"Whatever are you sorry for?" Hermione asked incredulous.

He thought for a moment on how to phrase his reply. "Being bold," he told her.

Hermione frowned at him for a second, then blushed and smiled. "Harry, you have nothing to be sorry about," she reassured him. "Trust me," she emphasized by rubbing his knee.

That simple contact sent the blood, which had been returning to its proper circulating body parts, rushing back to his groin. "Hermione," he felt like panting with the effort of concentrating on not having his erection return, "if you want me to get up any time soon, you'll need to stop touching me."

"Oh," she pulled her hand away as if it had been burned, "sorry." Hermione even scooted a few inches down the bench from him.

Harry tried to focus on things that were not sexual, but everything kept becoming sexual. Even Quidditch, since Hermione riding a broom, naked, kept creeping in. Finally he became desperate enough to think of Dudley and that did the trick in a heartbeat. He also nearly vomited.

"Okay, we can go now," Harry said bolting to his feet. He wanted some of that hot cocoa to wash the vomit taste from his mouth.

For the rest of his life, Harry would firmly believe the Grangers had slipped something in that hot cocoa. As soon as he finished a cup, he felt exhausted and ready to curl into bed. Even as he dragged his feet up the stairs, drowsily following Hermione and her lovely bum, Harry knew private fantasy time was a must unless he wanted a mess to clean up in the morning.

So, after saying goodnight to Hermione at her bedroom door, Harry relaxed under his blanket in bed and let his mind wander back to kissing Hermione on the bench, the feel of her bum, the feel of her breast, the feel of her on him. He imagined her touching him, stroking him instead of his own hand. Moments later, he was done. Harry cleaned up and felt much more relaxed than with the hot cocoa alone. He fell into a deep sleep filled with dreams of Hermione.

*~*~*

Harry woke with excitement early the next day but continued lying in bed, eyes closed, thinking about what the beach might be like. If it was a nice beach, there would probably be a bunch of rich, preppy, pretty boys who thought they shit silver or pissed platinum or were arrogant dickhead assholes for some other reason and could do whatever the hell they wanted. And if they didn't have their rich, preppy, high maintenance girlfriends (or even if they did, some guys were low-lives like that), they would be oogling and hitting on Hermione. His Hermione.

Maybe the beach won't be so much fun after all…

Harry scrunched up his face; he felt something strange, like he was being watched. He knew the feeling, it happened a lot, but never while he was in bed.

His hand wrapped around his wand under his pillow before cracking an eye open to see Hermione stretched out on his bed, head propped on one arm, watching him with a smile on her face.

Harry was slightly confused at first; he had said goodnight to Hermione at her room, hadn't he? His dream of falling asleep with her had been just a dream, right?

Sod it. It was too early to think, not to mention the blood flow to his brain was diverted to his morning stiffy.

"Morning," Harry said.

Hermione smiled and kissed his nose. "Good morning." She had been lying beside him for five minutes wondering how long it would be before he woke. She had been very tempted to crawl under the covers and snuggle with him or kiss him awake, but had resisted. The boy was already wondering if she had slept in her own bed or in his and snuggling would have just confused him more.

It would have been fun, though, to confuse him, and simply wonderful to pretend to wake up in his arms.

"If you want to go the beach today, you're going to have to get out of bed," Hermione teased Harry.

He smiled and scrunched up his nose at her. "I'll get up in a minute," he told her.

"Okay, I'll wait," she replied with a grin.

Harry's eyes widened a little, then he frowned, then grinned. Strange boys, Hermione thought. Strange boys with their strange emotions.

"If you wait," Harry began, "then I get the shower first."

What is he playing at…?

Hermione didn't really care since she wasn't planning on showering. They were going to the beach so what did it matter was her opinion? She was curious, though.

"Why do you want the shower first?" Hermione asked suspiciously.

"Because you always get it first." He sounded almost indignant.

She laughed. "Okay, Harry, you can have the shower first."

He paused a moment, blinked, then said, "So you're actually going to wait?" He seemed very surprised.

This aroused Hermione's curiosity even more. "Well, you are getting the shower first," she answered.

"Oh, ok." Then Harry pulled on a What-the-Hell, carefree, Devil-Be-Damned smirk that, if Hermione had been anyone but Hermione, she would have swooned. She did feel vaguely light headed and her breathing was slightly faster.

Harry threw back the covers and climbed out of bed, clad only in a pair of boxers from the wizarding world that had zooming Quidditch players and snitches on it, and stretched his arms above his head and out. Hermione sat up against the headboard and admired Harry's strong back and arms as the muscles flexed and relaxed while he stretched.

"Are you going to wear your suit to the beach?" he asked turning to look at her. Hermione didn't entirely hear the question, however. As soon as Harry turned, her mouth fell open in a gasp and her gaze was transfixed on Harry's boxers. Not on the magical aspect of the shorts, but on the tented groin of Harry's boxers, only emphasized by the Seekers rocketing around on the cloth.

"Hermione?" she vaguely heard Harry say. "Hermione." She tore her eyes from his crotch momentarily to look at his face. He looked completely relaxed, like nothing out of the ordinary was happening when, in fact, this was a HUGE step for their relationship. Groping last night was one new thing and slightly expected, but now seeing Harry in only his boxers with a giant erection was a big leap for the next morning.

It was so arousing and enticing, Hermione couldn't help but stare at it. She had managed to close her mouth, but she could not for the life of her keep from gazing at it. "Yes, Harry?" her voice even sounded breathy to her own ears. Her eyes flickered to him and back to his boxer covered erection. Was it peeking out?

"Are you going to wear your suit to the beach or change there?" he repeated.

"Um…" she began. It was…hard…to focus with Harry standing there all nonchalant with his giant pup tent. Hermione wasn't even sure giant was the word for it. Massive, enormous, colossal, those might fit better. Was it really that big? Oh great, let's add that to the cocktail of thoughts Hermione had regarding Harry.

"I was going to wear my suit there," Hermione finally managed to answer.

"Okay, thanks, 'Mione," Harry said, and he had a smirk on his face! The blasted wizard was doing this on purpose! Oh, it is so on, Hermione thought.

Harry turned to get his swim trunks and headed for the door and Hermione was given a profile view of Harry as he lazily and casually sauntered. Massive was definitely a more accurate word than giant, Hermione decided as she watched him strut. How it was still confined in the boxers was a mystery to Hermione. Fabric could only stretch so far! She allowed herself a satisfied smile that Harry checked the hall before venturing out for the bathroom.

As if Hermione wasn't thinking about Harry and Harry's body enough after that first kiss in his room, and their kissing last night and every other kiss in between. NOW she would have thoughts and images of how big he was. And he had done it intentionally! That's what that bloody blooming smirk meant.

Oh, she would get even. Today she would get even for his little show; she would have a little show of her own.

Hermione grinned almost evilly; she knew the perfect swim suit for the beach today.

*~*~*

Harry fidgeted the entire drive to the beach, practically bouncing in his seat as he watched out the window. Hermione was surprised he didn't incessantly ask "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" She couldn't blame him for being excited, though; he'd never been to the beach before. She hoped today would be fun enough for him, that she could give him one happy vacation memory for his childhood, teen though he was.

When they pulled into the parking lot, all of Harry's restless shifting stopped and he stared intently at the sand and ocean. He practically leapt from the car as soon as it stopped and stood staring, taking deep breathes of the salty air.

"He's never had a vacation before," Hermione told her parents softly as the three of them watched Harry.

"I never did like the Dursleys," her father said in his gruff, no-nonsense voice, "and now I don't like them more." He paused a moment and glanced at his wife. "Do we still have to be their dentist, sweetie?"

"I don't see how we can get out of it," Hermione's mother answered as she got out of the car. "Speaking of dentists, we should take Harry in sometime before he and Hermione leave for school."

"Brilliant idea. Who knows if he's ever been."

Harry came back to the car to help them unload and Hermione couldn't stop smiling at how eager he was. They found a nice sandy spot higher on the beach clear of large rocks and branches and seaweed and a little more isolated from the other groups.

"You see, Harry," Hermione's father began in his "passing on valuable life information" voice, "it's easier when you go to the beach to find a spot that's further from the water, so when high tide comes in, you won't have to move."

Harry grinned and he looked even more like an excited little boy out with the family. Hermione could only imagine how being with her parents, who were so interactive and involved and willing to talk with and teach you, must be like after coming from the Dursleys.

Harry looked down at the waves lapping in. "So it's low tide right now?" he asked.

"Yes, it is," her mother answered with a smile, unfolding her lawn chair under the umbrella. "The tide will start rising in about 3 hours."

Harry's eyes lit up like someone turn on Christmas lights and he took Hermione's hand. "Let's go to the tide pools, 'Mione!"

She laughed; it was hard not to be affected by his enthusiasm. "Okay, Harry, we will," she told him with a smile only used with him.

"Sunblock," her mother's voice came from behind her magazine. "I don't want any whining about sunburns later."

"Yes, mother," Hermione replied with exaggerated obedience and a smile at her mother, who shook her head and muttered, "Teenagers."

Hermione grabbed the bottle of SPF 50 that claimed to be sweat-proof, rub-proof and water-proof. "Take off your shirt, Harry," she said opening the bottle.

"My, aren't you forward, Miss Hermione," he teased, pulling the white t-shirt over his head.

Hermione was very glad for her sunglasses as she couldn't help but stare at Harry's incredible body. She bit her lower lip as she squeezed sun block into her hand. She had felt his body under his shirt, she had seen him topless a few times, but now she was touching his beautiful, naked torso. Her hands slid over the defined planes of his back and shoulders, over the bundles of strong muscles coiled there. She felt Harry sigh and relax under her hands.

Applying the sunscreen to his chest and stomach was another story, however. Apparently Harry was rather ticklish, a fact Hermione filed away for later, and spreading the cream over his stomach had him squirming and giggling like a little girl.

"Harry!" she exclaimed when he wriggled away from her for the seventh time. "Here," she squeezed some into his hands, "you rub it on your stomach and chest since you're so ticklish and I'll put it on your face."

"Okay." He seemed resigned as he tucked his glasses in his swim trunk pocket. Hermione admired him a moment before lathering his face with sunblock. He cut a fine figure in his swimsuit, the green hibiscus pattern bringing out his eyes, the style of the shorts highlighting his lean and muscular body. Hermione would have to keep an eye on him or some hussies and trollops might try to swoop him up. Harry was too nice to defend himself against a bunch of girls, no matter how evil their intentions.

After Harry had been covered in sunscreen, it was Hermione's turn. She felt a little nervous about what Harry's reaction to her suit might be as she pulled off her shirt and shorts. She need not have worried, though; Hermione could tell by his silence Harry was absolutely stunned by her appearance. She allowed herself a small pleased smile.

"Hermione Jane!" her mother exclaimed. "How on Earth do you plan to keep that on?"

"Magic, Mum," she said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, to which her mother rolled her eyes and Hermione grinned. It wasn't that bad. She supposed the strings could untie, but that's what magic sticking charms are for, and the triangle shaped top covered most of her breast and the bottom wasn't as low as some suits out there. Really, some of the suits some girls were look like the things strippers strip down to.

Hermione turned her back to Harry to have him apply the sunscreen. She smiled again when she heard him gulp. Hermione did underestimate the sexy factor of Harry's hands rubbing across her skin. It was almost intoxicating the feel of his callused hand on her.

"I think Hermione can take care of the front part of her body and her legs, Harry," her dad said suddenly, giving a stern fatherly look over his sunglasses at the two of them. Hermione almost wanted to throw the Coppertone bottle at him.

"Yes, sir," Harry said quickly in an unusually high voice. He did help put the sunblock on her face, leaving a blob on her nose.

"We're going to the tide pools, Mum and Dad," Hermione told her parents then took Harry's hand and headed down the beach.

In the car, realizing Harry would quite possibly spend as much time at the tide pools as he possibly could, Hermione had conjured up some nice comfy scuba shoes for them. "This way," she told Harry when she handed him his pair, "we won't tear up our feet and our toes will stay nice and dry."

"As long as water doesn't go over the top," he commented, tugging them on. "Ooh, cozy," he smiled

Harry and Hermione had great fun exploring the tide pools, but Hermione had more fun watching Harry. His notorious Seeker skills were put to use catching various tide pool creatures. With his hands already under water, he was uncommonly successful and would very gently examine the creature for a moment, showing it to Hermione, before her returning it to its home. Harry always made sure to return it to the same pool of water he had pulled it from. "What if it has a husband or wife and kids?" he said when she commented on it. Hermione loved how childlike Harry could be and could never resist kissing him when he showed it. This time was no exception and they kissed softly and playfully while balancing on the uneven rocks.

Catching the small tide pool life forms also resulted in Harry having several small cuts and bruises on his hands. "I told you the crabs and lobsters were fast and strong," Hermione chided gently, turning his hands tenderly in hers. "I'll heal them when we get back to the car." At Harry's small frown at what Hermione assumed was the pain, she kissed each boo-boo. "Kisses have magical healing powers when given with love, so all better," she told Harry with a smile. Her father had told her that when she was a little girl, falling off her bike, and it always made her feel better. Psychology was an amazing thing. Now, Harry beamed back at her.

The octopi amazed Harry the most, though, especially when Hermione told him how smart as well as strong they were. "They'll escape from their cage and break into another cage to eat all the fish in there, then go back into their cage. Scientists have filmed it quite a few times in labs."

"Brain and brawn," he muttered. "Whoa…"

"Just like you, when you try," Hermione told him with a smile.

Harry retaliated by tickling her sides and stomach, though they ended up kissing again.

When the tide came in, the couple headed back to Hermione's parents for a snack and drink and Harry spent most of the time telling the two dentists about everything they saw at the tide pools. They listened patiently, with smiles and questions and comments (Hermione had been their child after all), until he was all talked out and stretched out on his beach towel.

Hermione relaxed on her towel watching him, talking occasionally with her parents, and munching on some carrots her parents had packed. Dentist had interesting choices in snacks. She would look around now and then, taking in the beauty of the beach while overlooking the swarms of people. She did notice the other girls staring, drooling, over Harry and glancing, scowling, at her.

It upset Hermione. It also made her want to show the slags and slappers who Harry belonged to, but in a delicate, feminine, artistic way.

She leaned over and rubbed a hand over his chest, pressed her lips to his cheek and murmured, "Let's go swimming, Harry." Or be a bit more blunt.

Harry's eyes cracked open and he grinned. Instead of answering, he jumped up and took her hand to head to the water.

"Be back for lunch soon," her mother called after them and they waved in response.

They swam out past the waves to where the water was smooth and splashed and teased and dunked each other and swam around. Most of the dunking and teasing resulted in caresses and kisses. She grinned against his mouth as his arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her close.

"What are you smiling about?" Harry asked as they pulled away.

She pressed her lips to his in a chaste kiss and murmured against them, "I get you when all these other girls want you."

"Mm, yes, you do," Harry said. He ran one hand over her bum and pulled her hips closer to his. She could feel him against her. It gave her a special thrill and excited her to know she could do that to him, that he was aroused because of her.

His other hand slid up her back and a finger slipped under her bikini ties. Hermione's breathed hitched; Harry's hands had such an effect on her. "I can say the same thing about all these…schmuck…boys staring at you." He kissed her again, his tongue gently rubbing into hers as his fingers danced along her back and sides. "This suit you're wearing isn't turning their attention from you, either," he added, a finger trailing along the edge of her top, just brushing her skin. It sent shivers along her body and made her slightly light-headed.

"It's payback for this morning, Bucko," she retorted, when she recovered, pinching Harry's side slightly.

He gasped in mock indignation. "Me? What did I do?"

Hermione pressed her body into Harry's firm length a little more. "You know what you did." She enjoyed how his eyes fluttered shut at the contact, almost as much as she enjoyed the contact herself.

"Oh… Yes… Well, you insisted on waiting until I got out of bed." He seemed to focusing on getting his words out. "I was hoping to tease you," he said in explanation, a half-glare directed at her.

Hermione smiled. "Tease me you did, Harry James." She pressed against him again; he groaned and she giggled.

"I love you," Harry said, hugging her close to him.

"Oh, Harry," Hermione clung to him, the shifting waters rocking them into one another. Her heart swelled whenever he said the words. "I love you, too."

*~*~*

Ah! A bit of angst there! Had to keep it realistic

Thanks to Libby! She's my savior =)

Nicu: Diminutive of Nicolae; Romanian form of Nicholas; From the Greek name ΝικολαοÏ' (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαοÏ' (laos) "people".

I actually just thought it sounded cool and Romanian and used it.

Hibiscus: a large (200-220 different species) genus of flowering plants in the Malvaceae family native to tropical and subtropical regions; Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is the national flower of Malaysia; Hibiscus patterning has become popular in clothing lines in recent years, mainly in summer attire (board shorts, swimwear, mu'umu'u, etc.)

Underestimated the sexy factor inspired by the 2008 E*Trade Super Bowl commercial

Childlike and childish are two very different things. Childlike is fun, childish is annoying. I freely admit I'm childlike =)

The Magical Healing Kisses is something I more or less elaborated on from my mom

Tis true about the octopi. My friend's uncle would catch the fish while scuba diving that his science buddy would use.

After mentioning the zoo trip from Sorcerer's Stone, I was thinking about the movies for Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets and I have the urge to point this out: Snakes don't have eyelids or ears, so they can't wink or hear.

Hollywood really should research things a bit more.

In Transformers, they say they carbon dated the All Spark to 10,000 B.C. I personally don't believe there was a 10,000 B.C., but you definitely cannot carbon date a rock. Rocks have carbon, but not the carbon in the atmosphere that they used in carbon dating. Furthermore, carbon dating is only accurate to about 8,000 years.

The sad thing is scientists make the same mistakes…

* I am a Kinesiology major at Cal State Northridge where I am currently taking 17 units. We'll see how this affects this story. Feel free to ask me any questions =)

-->