Unofficial Portkey Archive

Forbidden Love by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Forbidden Love

usako99

Forbidden Love

Chapter 17

Harry gave a chuckle as Ella Granger and Fred and George Weasley bantered back and forth. It really was quite amusing to watch and just as he had predicted, Hermione's mum and the Weasley twins got along famously. She enjoyed all of their jokes and even loved the different products that they shown her from Weasley Wizard Wheezes. Mrs. Weasley groaned when Ella Granger not only encouraged the twins to pull the items from their store out of their bags and bring them into the living room where she could have a look, but also had given them a great idea: a new type of ink that, once dry, would rearrange the words that were written into something totally funny and most likely inappropriate.

Harry was watching Mrs. Granger try to reassure Mrs. Weasley that the boys would make certain that the original message did indeed come back, after a small amount of time that is, when he caught a bit of movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head just in time to see Ron and Luna walking in from the garden. Harry frowned and quickly scanned the room for Hermione. The last time he had seen her, she, Fleur and Ginny had been gaggling over different items for the new baby that they saw in `Expectant Witch'. Not seeing the familiar bushy brown hair anywhere he turned back to the couple, who were still talking, but now headed towards the dining room.

Harry was confused; shouldn't Ron be spending time with Hermione instead of Luna? And shouldn't Hermione be downstairs with Ron instead of off somewhere with Ginny and Fleur?

`Perhaps you should talk to them to see what's going on,' his mind commented, `because something just doesn't seem right.'

Harry frowned as he realized something even more confusing: he didn't want to talk to them about it; he didn't want to help them work it out. He wasn't sure exactly why that was, he just knew that it was.

`I just don't want to get stuck in the middle like I have so many times before and end up with one of the two mad at me,' he thought, trying to reassure himself.

That had never been a concern before. If he could help his best mates be happy, he would usually do just about anything, even if that meant telling Ron how much of a git he was being and having the other boy stop talking to him, or telling Hermione that she was being too bossy and having her refuse to help him with his school work for, usually, at least a week. Whatever it was, it normally didn't matter as long as the two of them worked it out in the end. So why was this time different? Why didn't he want to help them fix the problem?

`I just don't want to get involved because I… because I...' he frowned as his mind whispered the answer. `Because you don't want them toge-'

"Uh-oh!!! Look who got caught!" George yelled, pulling Harry abruptly away from his disturbing thoughts.

"Come on you guys you know what it means!" Fred added wagging his eyebrows.

Harry followed their gazes to a flushed looking Ron and an oddly nervous looking Luna. When the blond girl slowly looked up, he finally saw what they were talking about. Just above Luna's head sat a small sprig of mistletoe. Ron and Luna looked at one another again and then back at the waiting audience.

"Come along now you two," Mr. Weasley said with a grin, "its tradition."

Giving a sigh, Ron turned and faced Luna, who had done the same with him. Putting his hands on her shoulders he leaned forward, but then hesitated. Giving one more look to the waiting crowd, and a glare to George and Fred who had given a loud cat-call and a sharp whistle, he once again looked at the petite blond in his hands. He leaned forward once more before stopping yet again about an inch or so from her lips.

"Crikey mate!" George called out.

"Sometime this year Ron," commented Fred.

"You know this is starting to get painful," added George.

"Maybe we should just shoot him and take him out of his misery," offered Fred.

"Leave him alone boys," said Mr. Weasley suppressing a smile. "Go on son, don't be shy." He then made small brushing motions with his hands.

"Yeah, we know you're up for it," threw in Fred. George opened his mouth to comment also but was cut off by a glower from his dad.

Ron, now a red as a tomato, turned back to Luna who oddly enough, now looked to be completely at ease with the situation. He bent down to kiss her again, but just as he was almost there he stopped just like the previous times. However, unlike the previous times and amid a chorus of groans Luna took it upon herself to close the distance between her and Ron, capturing his lips in a soft kiss. Harry watched in wonder as they continued to kiss for about twenty or thirty seconds before pulling apart both wearing extremely bemused expressions. They were snapped out of their stupor by a set of shrill whistles from the twins and a loud round of applause. Luna turned as red as Ron and her head dipped as she shuffled one toe into the carpet. For his part, Ron blushed for a second before taking off after Fred and George who had started making kissing faces.

Harry laughed as his best mate attempted to catch his two, very wiry older brothers. Giving a look around the room he noticed that everyone seemed to be enjoying the scene, including, to his surprise, both Mr. and Mrs. Granger. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting, but somehow he figured that they would be a bit bothered by their daughters' boyfriend kissing another girl.

'I guess I was wrong,' Harry thought to himself as Mr. Granger and Mr. Weasley shared a hearty laugh.

"What's going on?" He heard a voice asking just to his left. Turning his head he saw Ginny, Fleur and Hermione standing in the doorway with curious expressions.

Most activity and laughter came to a screeching halt at the appearance of the three young witches, though Harry knew that it had more to do with one of them in particular.

"Harry," Ginny said looking at him "what's going on?"

Harry stifled a groan; of course he would be the one to get asked. He gave a quick glace at Ron, whose eyebrows were almost up to his hairline. Giving a small sigh and a prayer that it wouldn't come back to bite him in the arse later he responded. "Nothing."

----

A couple of hours later Harry was standing in the kitchen putting all of the food that Mrs. Weasley had packed up for them into a bag. He had just placed the very large helpings of Christmas cake and homemade fudge in with everything else when he heard someone approaching. Harry turned just in time to see Ginny walk in, he smiled and was about to ask how it was going when the words died on his lips.

'Uh-oh,' he thought. 'What did I do now? She's frowning again," Harry gave an inaudible sigh as his girlfriend approached.

"Is it true?" she immediately asked as she came to a stop in front of him.

"Is what true?"

"Mum says that you're leaving, is it true?"

"Well, yeah," he gave her a confused look "the Grangers have to get back to work. They re-open their dentistry tomorrow."

"So," Ginny responded frowning even more. "That doesn't mean that you have to go, I thought that you would stay here for the rest of the holiday."

"Ginny I would love to, but you know I can't."

"Why not?"

"You know why," Harry answered, when she rose and expectant brow he continued "because I have to keep studying my Occlumency."

"You've been studying all break, according to your owls that's all that Hermione has been having you guys do." she responded crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, but since we can't really practice what we're doing then it's best that we get in as much studying as possible." When she gave a forlorn sigh he took a step forward and pulled her into a loose hug. "Look sweetie, you know that I would love nothing more than to spend more time with you, but I have to go back to Hermione's house to study for my sessions with Snape. I promise that I'll continue to owl you regularly." When she still didn't look appeased he tried again. "Ginny, I'm going to miss you to, but there's nothing to do about it. I have to go to the Grangers and you have to stay here. As much as I wish there was a way for us to be together for the rest of the break, there isn't."

Ginny looked at him for a moment, before a determined glint entered her eyes. "Then I have the perfect solution."

"Really?" he gave her a wary look. "And what would that be?"

"It's perfect, I can go back to the Grangers with you!" she answered with an enthusiastic grin.

"We-wh-w-I, I don't know about that Ginny," Harry answered nervously.

"Why not?" she demanded once again glowering "You said you missed me and wanted to spend more time together, this is the perfect solution."

"I know-and it, it is. It's just that it's not my house it's Hermione's and I can't just invite guests over to someone else's house."

Ginny gave him a serious look as she processed what he said. "You're right," she stated.

Harry had just begun to relax when she pulled herself out of his arms and turned to walk out of the kitchen.

"Ginny, where are you going?" He called, racing after her.

"To talk to Hermione of course," she responded throwing a smile over her shoulder and heading out of the kitchen door.

Harry froze in his spot for an instant before taking off after his girlfriend. "Bloody hell."

***************************************

Hermione flipped thought her book on ancient spells and enchantments, completely unaware of the storm that was headed her way until it was too late.

"Hermione?" Ginny questioned, the brunette looked up from her book and smiled at the younger girl. "Can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure no problem," Hermione responded closing the text and standing. She gave a questioning look to a frazzled looking Harry who had just joined Ginny's side, a look he returned with a small wince.

'Uh-oh,' she thought.

"Hermione, Harry and I were just talking and he was telling me that you guys still needed to study Occlumency, so he's heading back with you to your house."

"Yes, that's true," she replied, tilting her head slightly and waiting for the other girl to finish.

"Well, I was thinking… maybe you guys could stay here! I mean if you stay than you and Harry can use the twins' room to study so you can still get ready for his sessions with Snape. Then you'll have more time to spend with Ron and Harry and I'll have more time together," she finished with a triumphant smile.

Hermione grimaced "Ginny I'd love to, but sorry I can't."

"Why not?!"

"Because, I only really get to spend time with my mum and dad twice a year- during summer break and during Christmas holiday. Soon I'll be graduating Hogwarts and heading off into adult life and this may be one of my last Christmas holidays to spend at home with them, just, you know being at home and not having to rush back to a busy life," she gave the other girl a small smile and touched her arm lightly. "You understand, don't you?"

Ginny gave a dejected sigh and nodded her head to which Hermione responded with a light pat on the arm. The older girl was about to go back to her book when Ginny looked at her once more with an excited expression.

"How about if I come to your house then?" she asked anxiously. "I'll be as quiet as a cat when you guys are studying. Heck, I'll even help. This way you can spend a lot more alone time with your mum and dad, and while you're doing that Harry and I can spend some alone time together."

"I...well-er, I don't know Ginny, that's really not up to me I'll have to ask my mum and dad," Hermione responded hesitantly giving a small shrug.

"Ask us what dear?" Ella Granger asked, walking over and joining the conversation.

Hermione flushed "Well, uhhh..."

"I was just asking Hermione if it was ok if I came over to your house for the rest of break." Seeing the older woman frown Ginny quickly amended her statement "Or at least until New Years Eve."

"Well," Ella said taking note of the young Weasley's hopeful expression, Harry's panicky one, and her daughters pained one. "I'm not sure if that's such a good idea."

"But I-" Ginny started, but was cut off as Mrs. Granger interrupted.

"It's not that I wouldn't like to have you over dear, I just don't think your parents would approve. I know I would never approve of Hermione and Ron being left alone in an un-chaperoned environment."

"But my mum trusts me, besides Harry and I promise nothings going to happen," Ginny said giving the woman her best puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know, we'll have to ask your mum and dad befor-"

"Mum!" Ginny called out, cutting off Mrs. Granger.

"What is it Ginevra?" Mrs. Weasley answered, walking in from the hallway; Hermione assumed she had been doing laundry.

"Mum, is it ok if I go back to the house with Hermione and Harry?" she hurried on when her mum opened her mouth to respond. "Please mum, Mrs. Granger said it was ok with her if it was ok with you."

Hermione's eyes widened as Mrs. Weasley seemed to actually consider what Ginny was saying. The older woman gave a small smile and opened her mouth to responded and Hermione just knew that she was about to give the ok. However, before she could say either 'yay' or 'nay' Ella Granger spoke once again.

"She's right Molly, I don't really have much of a problem with it. I just didn't want to assume that you wouldn't either, especially considering that Dan and I will be working most mornings and afternoons so it'll just be the kids in the house. I mean- I know how teenage hormones get, especially without adult supervision…eh, who am I telling right?" She gave a smile and a nonchalant shrug. "You have several teenagers so you know all about it. After all just because I would be uncomfortable with Ron and Hermione being alone in the house for hours, especially after the kiss that they had at the train station," she muttered just loud enough for the other woman to hear. "Doesn't mean you have anything to worry about with Harry and Ginny..." she trailed off settling for a wave of the hand and a serene smile.

Ginny looked at Mrs. Granger in shock for a moment before once again looking at her mum. "Mum can I-"

"No, most defiantly not," Mrs. Weasley interrupted giving a firm shake of the head.

"But mum I-"

"I said no. I am not going to give you free reign to spend your mornings and afternoons snogging with Harry."

When Harry opened his mouth to protest Hermione placed a hand on his wrist and gave him a warning look. Understanding her meaning, he closed his mouth and watched the uncomfortable conversation with his girlfriend and her mum progress.

"Mum! Harry and I would never do anything, you should know that!" Ginny replied drawing herself up indignantly.

"All I know is that I've heard more than one whisper about you and your previous boyfriend's young lady that I have chosen to disregard because you're my daughter. But I cannot ignore that just at the beginning of break, you hauled off and planted one on Harry right in the middle of a crowded train station that included, not only countless strangers but both me and your father." Ginny opened her mouth to respond, but Mrs. Weasley cut her off. "I will say this once and only once- I already have one grandchild on the way and that's enough for me, so my answer stands."

With that she turned and stormed back down the hall, leaving a gaping Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Ella Granger behind. After a moment Ginny snapped out of her stupor and raced out of the room and down the hall behind her mum, Hermione assumed in another attempt to change her mind.

"Well," Ella Granger said after a minute "I don't think that she'll be joining us this break." She then turned back to them and gave a smile and a slow wink before sauntering off to find her husband.

Harry and Hermione shared a look but decided the best course of action was just to not comment.

A.N. That's it for this chapter, sorry if it was a bit short also sorry if those little boxes showed up again, I did what I could to get rid of them but if that didn't work then I am at a loss of what to do next. As for the length of the chappy I just felt that this was just the place that I needed to stop. Honestly there weren't originally going to be two Burrow chapters, but that's just how it worked out. Please stay tuned I will update Friday as usual with the next chappy! Oh and there is my favorite thing in the next chapter… what is that? Why its a very interesting development of course *lol*… do you think you know what it is? Well, I do. So make sure to check it out and see also PLEASE REVIIEW!! Ja ne!!

-->