Unofficial Portkey Archive

Forbidden Love by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Forbidden Love

usako99

Forbidden Love

Chapter 34

Three hours later Harry and Ron walked into the Great Hall together discussing how brilliantly practice had gone. The game was two hours after lunch and the Gryffindor team had never felt more prepared. Just before practice, Harry had had an epiphany and out of nowhere. New ideas for strategies had come to him. Everyone had instantly latched onto the fresh approach and quickly taken to working together like a well oiled machine on the field. Now Gryffindor had a whole new game plan than they did just yesterday, however there was one problem. Ginny Weasley -the younger witch had decided not to show up for today's practice, so therefore she had no idea what her team would be doing on the pitch. This meant that the reserve Chaser Millicent Crawford -who had covered for her today, would have to be the one to play the game this afternoon. A situation that most, if not all, of the team seemed to be quite thrilled about…

`Then again,' Harry thought with a frown `they're not the ones who have to tell Ginny or Mrs. Weasley about the change of plans.'

"Harry!" Hermione called.

Hearing her voice, Harry was pulled out of his gloomy thoughts and immediately began to relax a bit. The dark haired boy quickly scanned the Gryffindor table for his girlfriend, locating her a moment later. He hurried over to join her, however as he neared and got a better view of the area his steps faltered. The Grangers were sitting towards the middle of the large table… right next to the Weasley's. In fact Mr. Weasley and Mr. Granger were involved in what looked to be a lighthearted conversation about something. The dark haired boy threw a glance back to the entrance, seriously considering turning around.

"Harry?!" Hermione called again, watching him with a confused expression.

"Go on mate, I'm wasting away here," Ron said giving him a small shove.

Harry shook his head and threw a distressed look to Mrs. Weasley who was watching him with a frown. "I can't…"

Ron sighed. "Harry, look I'm sure my mum is probably over it already. Just go on."

The dark haired boy shook his head again, giving one more fleeting glance to the older woman frowning at him from the table. He quickly squeezed past Ron and headed towards the door.

"So you're not even going to eat?" his mate asked following after him. "Harry, we have a huge game in a couple of hours, you can't play well on an empty stomach."

Harry threw the other boy a look "No Ron, you can't play well on an empty stomach I can play just fine." When Ron frowned he sighed, "Look, I'll have Dobby bring me something to the dorm okay?"

"Harry-"

"Just leave it Ron, I'll catch you later," he finished, cutting his friend off and jogging out of the hall.

-------------

Harry distractedly pushed his mashed potatoes around with a cold drumstick as his mind replayed the events of the day. So this was it, his relationship with the Weasley family was at an end. He sighed and put down the piece of poultry, wiping his hand on a napkin before running it through his hair.

It was amazing really; he had never realized that loosing someone living was actually just as painful, if not more, than loosing someone who had died. After all, even though he would never get to see his parent's or Sirius again at least he knew they didn't want to leave him. But with the Weasley's… they had made a choice. Harry sighed, sure it was just Mrs. Weasley for now, but how long would it be until the rest of them - with the exception of Ron of course - forgot about him?

Harry was pulled out of his depressing thoughts when he heard the portrait door open. Sitting up a bit straighter in his seat, he briefly considered trying to act like nothing was wrong, but nixed that idea almost as swiftly as it came. Hermione knew him better than anyone so why bother.

"How was lunch?" he asked while still looking down at his own virtually uneaten meal in a last ditch effort to avoid the topic he knew she would wish to discuss.

"I've had better."

Harry's head snapped up and he stared in shock at Molly Weasley.

"But I may be a bit biased, since I was usually the one to make it," she continued with a small smile. "I -I hope you don't mind. I got the password from Ron, he and Hermione were sure that this was where you had gone…"

Harry looked down briefly before giving a small shrug, "I don't mind…"

"Good… well," she looked around nervously, "I just, well I wanted to talk to you Harry. If I could -I understand if you don't want to, with the way I acted earlier but-"

"Of course I want to," he interrupted, "I mean, I…"

She gave him a kind smile, "I understand. Look Harry, earlier today I was out of line and I apologize."

"That's okay, you had every right to be upset."

"I sure did, but not at you. It was just -when I didn't see Ginny there and then I saw you there with Hermione I blamed the two of you for her absence." She held up a finger when Harry opened his mouth to comment, "Just let me say this. Between my two children in this school I'm pretty well versed on both sides of what's been going on here. I must admit at first I was quite angry to hear about what you two had done behind Ginny's back," Harry bit his lip and looked down. "However, as Ron explained, you and Ginny were broken up at the time so technically you hadn't done anything wrong."

"Hermione didn't either," Harry interrupted with a frown.

Mrs. Weasley made a face "Her, I'm still on the fence about."

"Why?"

"Because she was supposed to be Ginny's best friend."

"So, I was supposed to be Ron's," Harry retorted, "besides Hermione and Ginny were hardly best friends. True they were mates, but everyone knew that they generally couldn't spend more than a day around one another with out arguing at least five times and driving everyone within hearing range to distraction."

The older woman gave a slight incline of the head. "Well… that is true, but they were still mates and Hermione shouldn't have done what she did."

"Fair enough," conceded Harry, "but in that case Ron shouldn't have done what he did, and neither should Luna have. After all, Luna was a member of the D.A. and though she and Hermione didn't really hang out, they still considered themselves friends." The dark-haired boy stated before giving her an inquiring look. "So I do hope that you got on her for what she did to Hermione, you know going behind her back to be with your son."

"Fine Harry, you've made your point."

"So you're not mad at Hermione?"

"A little yes I am, but Ginny's my daughter and as her mother it's my duty to maintain that bit of self righteous anger."

Harry chuckled, "I'll give you that."

"Either way that's neither here nor there," Mrs. Weasley continued brusquely. "What I came up here to say was that I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blamed you for Ginny's recent actions." She shook her head. "You know Ron had told us that lately she's been acting like a bit of a brat, but today we got to see if first hand." Molly sighed wearily, "At first she was happy to see everyone, but when she caught wind of her father and the boys trying to talk to me on your behalf her demeanor changed."

"Then when we asked about her relationship with that Malfoy boy," she frowned, "well that bit of lip that she gave her dad almost had me put her across my knee right there in the Great Hall. I haven't seen her act this way since she was a little girl," she rubbed her temples. "And though it would be easy to blame you… both of you, I don't -well, not anymore. After all, Ginny's almost in her last year of Hogwarts and nearly to her adult life, these temper tantrums just won't do. You should have seen the ruckus she caused when Ron tired to get her to go to Quidditch practice," she shook her head.

"That's okay, Mrs. Weasley… uh, speaking of Quiddi-"

"No it isn't," Molly interrupted, "I shouldn't have treated you that way. I'm very sorry if I hurt you."

"You didn't," Harry replied looking out the window.

"Really?" He nodded. "So then why did you leave the Great Hall?"

He looked down and scratched the back of his neck. "Ok so you may have hurt me a bit…" glancing up at her he blushed, "or a lot."

"Oh Harry dear, I regret what I said to you. I've always tried to be like a mother to you-"

"You were," he interrupted, "which is why it…" he trailed off with a sad smile.

She came forward and gathered him I a tight hug, "I promise I'll never do anything like that again, ever. I'm so sorry Harry."

They hugged for a few minutes longer before the older woman pulled back and tisked at him for not finishing his food. Then grabbing his arm she lead him down the stairs of Hermione's dorm and back towards the Great Hall.

"Uh Mrs. Weasley," Harry said hesitantly as they made their way down the hall.

"Yes dear."

"About the Quidditch game…"

She threw him a small smile "Don't worry, Ron already told us."

"All of you?" he asked wincing.

Molly nodded, "Yes and she threw a fit, but he had told her to go to practice. That's what happens when you don't do what you should," she then gave a small sigh and regarded Harry curiously. "Do you suppose you can answer a question for me Harry?"

He raised his brows in surprise and nodded slowly.

"Since as a mother I should be mad at Hermione for taking Ginny's boyfriend… do I also have to be mad at that Millicent girl for taking her Quidditch spot too?"

Harry opened his mouth and closed it, clearing his throat, "I..er, well… I don't know… maybe?"

Mrs. Weasley shook her head, "You know being a parent is turning into quite the bothersome job," she stated as they headed into the Great Hall. "Do yourself a favor Harry, don't have kids… have pets."

**********************

Hermione looked over at her dad and gave a small smile. Dan Granger was practically beside himself with excitement as he looked over the massive pitch filled to the brim with students, teachers and parents. She chuckled as he leaned over the railing and looked down at the substantial drop to the grass below.

"They put us up here so we can see the game better daddy," she said when she saw his surprised look. "Now you're more eye level with the action and you don't get as much of a crick in your neck from looking up."

"Ahh," Dan responded noncommittally as he studied the layout.

Hermione looked at her mum who just rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Here ye! Here ye! And welcome to the last and most exciting game of the season!"

"Yes, you have the wonderful, talented and brilliant Gryffindors!!!! Against…that other team…"

Hermione rolled her eyes heavenward and chuckled as a chorus of cheers and boos rang out. She could not believe that Dumbledore had actually allowed the Weasley twins to announce the game.

"Alright, alright we here ya!" yelled Fred.

"Yeah keep your knickers on!" added George.

"The other team is Ravenclaw," said Fred in a monotone voice.

The Gryffindors laughed at their antics while the Ravenclaws cheered loudly for their house.

"So let's get this victory -I mean show on the road!" called George.

"Yeah and let's hope Harry stays on his broom," muttered Fred, causing most of the students to laugh and the parents to look around confused.

"Here you are, your clever…" George stated.

"-but not enough," threw in Fred.

"smart…"

"-at certain stuff,"

"hardworking…"

"-they'll need to be,"

"Quidditch players…"

"-I guess we'll see,"

"for Ravenclaw!!!!"

The Ravenclaw students burst into thunderous applause as their house flew out from the team entrance lead by Seeker Cho Chang. The team circled the pitch twice, waving at family and pumping up their house.

"Okay, okay, enough of that," commented George.

"Now on to the main event!" added Fred. "The Brave!"

"The Bold!"

"The Daring!

"And The Strong!!!"

"Miiiiiigty Grrrryyyyfffiiinnndddooorrrssss!!!!" they finished in unison.

Hermione and the rest of the Gryffindor stands went wild as the players flew into the pitch lead by Harry. The Gryffindor team circled the area evenly spaced out, growling and roaring at the audience, sounding exactly like of a pack of lions headed off to hunt. Hermione grinned, so that was what he wanted those magical animal crackers for. Harry gave her a smile and a wink as he flew past before the team went to their starting positions. A moment later Madam Hooch blew the whistle and the game began.

Hermione watched in awe along with her dad as the Gryffindors played as she had never seen them play before. Their speed was lightning fast and their passes were flawless, if she hadn't known any better she may have thought she was watching a professional match. She watched with keen interest as Beaters Charlie and Verruca volleyed the two bludgers between them until Chasers Millicent and Dean were right on Ravenclaw Keeper Finnius McGee, at which time they released them in rapid succession. The Ravenclaw Beaters hurried to block the dangerous balls but were only able to successfully guard one; the other went into Finnius at full force. Knocking him soundly off of his broom, out of the game and allowing the Chasers to simply toss the quaffle into the goal making Gryffindor first on the scoreboard.

"Brilliant!" exclaimed Fred over the roar of the crowd.

"Just bleedin' brilliant!" added George.

"Beaters after me own heart."

George nodded, "I don't know about you, but I feel a tear coming on."

When his twin sniffled Hermione and her mum looked at one another and burst into laughter. Turning back to the game a moment later, she noticed with great amusement that the Beaters were guarding the new Keeper Taylor Winterborne like she was the bloody crown princess.

"Go Gryffindor!!!!" Dan Granger shouted when Ron blocked his third quaffle, and the rest of the stands quickly joined in.

Hermione glanced up at the skies and smiled at Harry who was watching the game distractedly from above as he searched for the snitch. Realizing that he was on a mission to win the game for his house she didn't get upset… well -too upset, when he didn't notice her. Instead she was pulled back down to the action below as Gryffindor scored yet again, it's third score in the last fifteen minutes; enabling their team with a forty to none lead over Ravenclaw.

Hermione watched with baited breath as Charlie hit a bludger towards Ravenclaw Chaser Mike, who instead of moving, just closed his eyes and cringed. The blond released a sigh of relief when Beater Marion Baxter reached him just in time to hit the ball away. However while this was going on Verrucca took it as her opportunity to knock the bludger towards Taylor, who was just barely guarded by the other Ravenclaw Beater Daniel Matherhorn from, not only that bludger, but also the one that Charlie had volleyed his way when Marion had hit it back at him. Ravenclaw was so busy cheering their Beaters for avoiding the obviously planned attack that they forgot to watch the goal, something that they realized too late when Angela scored another goal for Gryffindor.

"That's it, that's it, it's over!!" bellowed George.

"Absolutely deadly they are! Keeping them on the defense so much-"

"-that they have no time for offense!"

Hermione grinned as she realized that this was what Harry had meant earlier when he had mentioned that they had a completely new and brilliant strategy.

"Did you see that Pumpkin!!!" Her dad exclaimed excitedly, not removing his eyes from the game. "I knew this was a great game but who would have thought!!! -Yeah!!!" He finished when Ron blocked another of Ravenclaws attempts to score.

Hermione laughed.

"Wow dear, this really is exhilarating isn't it," Her mum said from her other side. "I can see why you like it so much, but… what does Harry do?"

"He looks for the snitch mum," she answered looking at the older woman. "It's a little golden ball about the size of a walnut that flies with amazing agility, it changes speed and direction almost instantaneously and if he can catch it, it ends the game and earns Gryffindor another one hundred and fifty points."

"Really?" Ella asked, frowning when Hermione nodded "Isn't that a bit unfair then? I mean if you have one hundred and fifty points with scoring alone and the other team has ten, then they can steal the win if their…er, was it Seeker?" she nodded once more "If their Seeker finds if first?"

"Yep."

"Well that's just bloody stupid," Ella responded looking back at the game.

Hermione smiled at her mum a moment longer before looking up at Harry once more. He looked so good sitting on his broom like that with the light wind ruffling his hair. Hermione gave a sigh, swatting at an insect as if flew by her face. Biting her lip she stared intently at her boyfriend willing him to look down at her, if only for a moment. As she swatted away the stupid dragonfly or whatever it was again she noticed Harry finally look her way. The dark haired boy smiled and she grinned in return, blowing him a discreet kiss. He blushed before suddenly turning serious.

As Harry continued to study her curiously Hermione gave him a questioning look. Straitening her hair and her robes she gave him a shrug and mouthed the words `What's wrong?' but instead of answering she was surprised when Harry suddenly shot towards her. The crowed began a flurry of excited whispers as Harry swiftly and nimbly maneuvered his way around a bludger sent towards him by Ravenclaw and two of his own Chasers. Hermione's mouth dropped as Harry barely avoided another bludger and continued to barrel towards her full speed, giving a strangled squeak when the bug flew into her mouth.

Before she could spit it out and to her utter shock, Hermione suddenly felt her boyfriends lips upon her own and his tongue delve into her mouth.

"What the hell is Harry doing?!" exclaimed Fred.

"I don't know…" replied George "I've heard of young love but this is ridiculous."

Hermione's eyes fluttered open when Harry pulled away and she looked at him with a baffled expression.

"Harry, what?"

Instead of answering the dark haired boy just gave her a smile and a wink. Then, placing two fingers in his mouth and before a captive audience he slowly removed them. There between his fingers and twinkling in the sunlight sat the golden snitch. The Gryffindor stands went crazy.

"Wow!!" breathed Fred.

"I…I.." sputtered George.

"Well, I guess this is a lot better then the way he caught the snitch with his mouth his first year," joked Fred.

"Yeah," added George "that's what I call going out with a bang!"

"Really? I'd call it going out with a hell of a snog."

"Personally I think that's one of the best bangs you can get."

His twin nodded in agreement while several of the students sniggered.

"Is that… ho-how you're supposed to catch it?" Ella asked with a bewildered look.

The two teens blushed profusely.

"No mum," Hermione answered over the noise of the crowd. "I can honestly say that's never happened before and will probably never happen again."

"Good," grumbled her dad, "I was really enjoying the game till then."

"Er… sorry sir," Harry responded still blushing, "I...er, just didn't want her to choke… so… yeah…" he nervously ran the hand with the snitch thorough his hair. "I… er, I've got to go…"

Hermione laughed as her boyfriend flew off to join the rest of the team who were circling the pitch and throwing animal crackers down to the fans. She laughed even more as her mum and dad both caught several and proceeded to have a roaring contest with one another. Wow, that had been one hell of a game.

----

"Well that was certainly… interesting," commented her dad a several minutes later as they finally made their way out of the stands.

"Yeah, now I know what you meant when you said Harry was magnificent," her mum joined, with her normal teasing grin back in place.

"I… uh, have to go… Head Girl duties," Hermione muttered blushing and hurrying away from her parents.

"Hermione wait!" someone called.

As she came to a halt Fred and George Weasley quickly flanked her, Hermione groaned.

"Great game huh?" asked George.

"I know I've never seen anything like it," answered Fred.

"Yeah, too bad Harry's not around for another year or two."

"I know, with play's like that Gryffindor would never loose."

"Yeah…" Hermione said speeding her pace a bit when she caught sight of her mum in the crowd.

"So anyway that's not what we stopped you for," stated Fred.

"Yeah we kind of need your help," said George.

"Really?" Hermione frowned "With what?"

"I had a new prototype for Weasley Wizard Wheezes; it was a magical ring,"

"Yeah but he lost it shortly after we got here."

"It still has a few kinks to work out,"

"-so we're worried some poor sod's going to find it,"

"-and end up missing a body part."

Hermione cringed "Okay, well what can I do to help?"

The twins grinned "Thanks Hermione you're tops," said George

"Yeah, we knew we could count on you," added Fred.

"We just need you to do one thing,"

"-very simple really."

"Okay, what?" she asked halting and looking between the two.

"Just look at me," said Fred; Hermione turned to face him.

"And say Ahhhhhhh," added George.

Giving them both glares she promptly elbowed George in the stomach and stomped on Fred's foot before storming off. As Hermione pushed her way thorough the crowd and back into the school she did her best to tune out the sound of the twins' laughter… especially when her mother joined in.

A.N. That's it for this chapter! A few things, first I know the snitch may or may not have fit easily into Hermione's mouth but for this story it did. Second Cho and Angela are in Harry's year for this story. One more down only a few more to go. Stay tuned and PLEASE let me know what you think by REVIEWing! Ja ne!

-->