Unofficial Portkey Archive

Forbidden Love by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Forbidden Love

usako99

Forbidden Love

Chapter 29

Hermione started when Ginny yelled. She knew the other girl would be upset but the furious figure standing before her was even more enraged than she had thought. Ginny hands were clenched tightly at her sides, her nostrils were flaring and her eyes seemed to scream murder.

"Ginny I-"

"You what?!" the redhead bellowed, cutting her off, "You're a fake person?! A bitch?! A slut?! A prat?! Because those things I'll except but anything else you can take it and shove it, you dodgy whore! How could you?! And to think I was coming up here to apologize!"

"Ginny it's not that simple!" Hermione cried, taking a few steps towards the other girl.

"What's not that simple? That you went behind my back and started having it off with my boyfriend?!"

"Ex-boyfriend, Ginny, and no I-"

"He would have still been my boyfriend if you hadn't gotten your claws into him! We would still be together!"

"No, you wouldn't!"

"How do you know?!"

"Because I do! Please Ginny, calm down and let's talk about this!"

"What is there to talk about?! You went behind my back!"

"I -I, I wasn't trying to hurt you, but what Harry and I feel for one another-"

"What you feel for one another?! Ha! What you feel for him! You manipulative skank! The only thing Harry feels for you is lust!"

Hermione took several deep breaths attempting to control her temper, after all Ginny did have every right to be upset. "What Harry feels for me is a lot more than lust, Ginny."

"Really? Tell me this, did you or did you not just finish shagging him?" When the older girl opened her mouth to respond Ginny cut her off. "No more lies Hermione, did you or did you not?"

Hermione threw a quick glance to Harry who was watching the exchange with a worried expression before looking back at the younger girl.

"We just finished making love, yes," she answered after a moment.

"Making love my arse," Ginny sneered, "Harry's a teenage boy Hermione, shagging isn't about love it's about getting off. Harry needed to, and you were stupid enough to let him, don't think that it's anything more… why would it be? Face it, he just slept with you because you're easy, available and stupid enough to let him."

Hermione took a shuddering breath as she felt her control snap, "If that's true then why did he walk out on you? You were easy -after all you had been waiting all week for the opportunity to give it up. You were available if waiting around for him in nothing more than a robe and your knickers are any indication… and you were stupid enough to let him, considering it was only his dedication to me and unwillingness to hurt me that allowed you to leave that night with your virginity in tact. Those don't sound like the actions of some random horny teenage boy," she stated in a steely tone, "they sound like the actions of someone who's in love."

"He doesn't love you, he could never love you like he loves me!" Ginny cried as tears sprang to her eyes.

Hermione shook her head sadly, "You're right Ginny he couldn't, because he loves you like a friend, but he loves me like a friend, a girlfriend, and a lover all rolled into one. Ginny he loves me like a soul mate, and I feel the same about him."

"Liar!!!" the other girl bellowed before hurling towards Hermione with a rage filled expression.

Bloody hell, Ginny was going to hit her! What should she do? Honestly, she couldn't blame the other girl -in fact she deserved it. Coming to that conclusion, Hermione closed her eyes and awaited the assault from the other witch. After a minute when it still didn't come she hesitantly opened her eyes to see Harry holding the enraged Ginny.

The red haired girl fought futilely in his strong arms for several more seconds before throwing him an angry look. "Let me go Harry!" she yelled.

"I can't," the older boy replied, "not if you're going to attack Hermione."

"But she deserves it! She tore us apart Harry, don't you see?!" she exclaimed with tear filled eyes.

Harry gave her a somber look and lightly shook his head, "No Gin, she didn't. It's not Hermione's fault that we didn't work-"

"So you didn't break things off with me to be with her?" Ginny quizzed turning in his arms and facing him.

"Well…" his gaze flicked to Hermione and then back to her, "it wasn't the only reason… Gin, I care about you so much and-"

"Oh Harry, I care about you to!" the younger girl exclaimed throwing her arms around his shoulders and burying her face in the crook of his neck. "We can work things out, I just know that we can! I'll even forgive you for what happened with her, after all we all make mistakes!" She drew back and looked at him happily, before getting on her tiptoes, Harry quickly pulled back and avoided the kiss just in time.

"Ginny I don't think you understand," he tried again, giving another quick glance to his girlfriend who was now wearing a very pissed off expression.

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked, running her fingers lightly through his hair.

"I mean I care about you a lot- you're one of my best friends…"

She frowned, "But you do see me as more- don't you?"

He shook his head, "I'm sorry," he offered softly, while removing her arms from around his neck. "Like I said that night, it just isn't there anymore between us."

The redhead's bottom lip trembled, "You can't mean this Harry -we, we were in love. We are in love! She's making you say this!"

"No she isn't."

"Yes she is," the other girl persisted.

"Ginny, Hermione's not making me say this -I needed to say it; she didn't make me break up with you -I wanted to do it, and she didn't make me love her -I -I just couldn't help it. I'm sorry…" Harry replied giving her a sad look.

Ginny stared at him for a moment, "You love her?" she whispered brokenly.

He nodded, "With all my heart…"

Hermione jumped at the loud crack that echoed throughout the room as Ginny's hand connected with Harry's face. The red haired girl then took a step back and placed her hand over her mouth, staring at Harry and the red mark that was rapidly forming on his cheek as if she had no idea where they had come from.

"I'm -I'm sorry… I-" she stuttered tearfully.

Harry lightly touched his burning jaw, "That's ok… I don't blame you."

When he reached out to touch her arm she wrenched away and whirled around, quickly heading to the stairs of the dorm and immediately fleeing the room.

"Harry, are you alright?" Hermione asked, rushing over to him and placing her cool hand softly on his flaming cheek.

"Yeah," the dark-haired boy muttered with a small smile, "it could have been worse, she could have punched me… or worse yet hit me with a bat bogey."

Hermione chuckled despite herself, "Harry this is no time for jokes. Ginny knows, which means soon everyone will."

Harry gave a light shrug, "What's so bad about that? As fun as sneaking around has been Luv, I grew tired of never getting to hold or touch you in public like I wanted to. Oh, and not having the right to hex any guy who tries to hit on you."

She rolled her eyes, "You still don't have that right."

He smirked, "We'll see."

Hermione huffed, "Harry Potter don't you-"

"Seriously Hermione," he continued cutting her off, "you don't mind do you?"

"Don't mind what?" she frowned.

"Having people know about us?" Harry responded with a worried look.

She shook her head, "Don't be silly, there's only one person that I'm worried about finding out about us… and he's probably the first one Ginny's going to."

He gave her a perplexed look before comprehension dawned on his face, "Ron."

She nodded somberly and slipped her arms around her boyfriends' waist, resting her head on his chest. "Do you think he'll be mad? You know how his temper can get."

"Yeah, but I'm sure everything will work out," Harry responded placing a light kiss on the top of her head.

"How?" she whispered back.

He sighed, "I don't know." They continued to hold each other for a few more minutes before Harry spoke once more. "I should go."

She became rigid in his arms, "Why?"

"I should talk to Ron," he replied.

Hermione pulled back and looked up at her boyfriend, "Right now?"

"It's as good a time as any," the dark-haired boy responded, "besides I'd like to get a feel for where I stand. I don't fancy sleeping in a room practically next to someone and not knowing if they want to kill me or not." He gave a dry grin, "Trust me, I get enough of that as it is."

She chewed her bottom lip, "I guess tha-" she was cut off as he kissed her. When he pulled away she gave him an annoyed look. "I was in the middle of saying something you know," she commented reproachfully.

Harry arched a brow "I can't help it Luv, you know how it drives me completely mad when you bite on your lip like that."

She blushed and slapped him lightly on the shoulder, "You're completely incorrigible you know that?"

He smiled, "Thanks."

Hermione emitted an unlady like snort, "Prat," she muttered, shaking her head when his smile widened at her proclamation. Reaching up she lightly caressed his bright red cheek with her fingers, "Let me heal this for you before you go," she said, but as she moved to retrieve her wand Harry grabbed her wrist and halted the movement.

"That's ok Hermione, leave it. Who knows, maybe if Ron sees how hard Ginny hit me, he won't be tempted to do the same thing himself."

"I guess…" She sighed with an amused look

Giving her another smile, Harry turned and headed back into her bedroom to quickly finish getting dressed. Five minutes later he emerged fully clothed and attempting to put on his tie. Hermione grabbed his robe from her front closet and handed it to him. As he placed the heavy garment on, she stepped forward and began to correctly tie his tie.

"You know this is your seventh year at Hogwarts, Harry. You really should be quite efficient at tying ties by now," she commented as she finished up and straitened the garment.

Harry gave a small hitch of the shoulders, "I am."

Hermione looked at him, "Oh yeah, then why is it crooked eighty percent of the time I see you?"

His eyes twinkled as he gazed at her, "Because you're anal."

"What?!"

"You're a hopeless perfectionist," he responded.

"What does that have to do with your crooked tie?" she asked in an annoyed tone.

"That's easy -you see, because of your obsessiveness you can never resist the urge to retie it," he gave her a boyish grin, "while I can never resist an opportunity to have your hands on me."

"Oh you," she muttered giving him a slap on the arm and a kiss on the cheek.

Harry turned to leave and had just made it to the stairs when Hermione called out once more.

"Harry?" he turned and looked at her, "Be careful, yeah?" she pleaded giving him an anxious look and chewing nervously on her lower lip.

He grinned and crossed the room in several long strides; upon reaching her he caught her lips in a searing kiss. "Don't worry Luv, I will." With that, he turned and hurried out of the room.

--------------

Harry wandered into the Quidditch pitch feeling anxious and frustrated, he had looked everywhere for his best mate but it was to no avail. He hadn't been able to locate Ron anywhere, although -thankfully - he hadn't had anymore run-in's with Ginny either. He had searched everywhere possible, even the kitchens, twice, without any luck. Harry sighed, he just needed a moment to think and flying was the best way for him to do that. As he emerged from the entrance and onto the pitch clutching his Firebolt in his right hand, Harry was surprised to see Luna sitting Indian style on the lush grass, reading a book.

"Luna?" He questioned; the blonde looked up at him.

"Hullo Harry," she called in a singsong voice.

"Er… what are you doing out here?"

"Why reading of course," she responded with a serene smile, "how about you?"

"I thought I would do a bit of flying…hey- you wouldn't happen to know where I could find Ron would you?"

Luna looked at him blankly for a moment before redirecting her eyes to the sky above. Following her gaze, Harry looked up to see Ron zooming around the pitch on his broom. Sensing his audience the red haired boy looked down and up on seeing Harry he rounded the perimeter once more before coming to a graceful landing in front of his mate and his girlfriend.

"Hey Harry," he said giving a slight incline of the head before looking at his girlfriend. "Luna, sweetheart, do you think you can give Harry and I a moment to talk."

She regarded Ron silently for a moment before conceding to his request. "Ok my Plumperdink, if that's what you want."

When Harry arched a dark brow, Ron blushed "It is, I'll see you later alright?"

"Alright," she responded then giving Ron a light kiss on the cheek and Harry a cheerful wave she turned on her bare feet and skipped happily away.

As she disappeared through the exit Ron shook his head lightly, "She may be a bit mental but I love her," he told Harry with a light smile.

"Love huh?" the dark haired boy asked with a surprised look, "That's a pretty strong word."

Ron gave another shrug, "Maybe… so anyway, on to what we need to talk about."

"And what would that be?" Harry asked with a feigned innocent expression.

Ron smirked, "Cut the crap Harry, I already talked to Gin." When his mate sighed, the redhead frowned, "So is it true? You and Hermione?" Harry bit his lip and nodded, looking hesitantly at his best mate. "How long?" Ron queried.

"Well… we've kinda been seeing each other ever since I broke up with Ginny," he hesitated, "To be honest mate, my feelings for Hermione -well they were kind of the reason I ended things between your sister and I," Harry winced and waited for the explosion, giving a surprised look to Ron when all the other boy did was make a small grunt.

"Thought so," Ron commented after a moment, while studying the sky above.

"What?!" Harry exclaimed.

The other boy gave him an annoyed look, "Hey I may be a bit slow on the upkeep at times but I'm not completely daft."

"Uh… I think it's slow on the uptake Ron," Harry commented with a small smile, realizing that his mate wasn't mad at him.

Ron gave another grunt, "See you sound like her already," he commented rolling his eyes.

The dark haired boy chuckled, "I guess…"

"Seriously Harry, I'm not a complete cabbage -you guys spend most of your time studying alone together in her dorm. Then there's the fact that you almost gave poor Zach a concussion for asking Hermione out and she almost gave my sister a pre-mature bald spot for trying to snog you. And I'm not even going to go into her choice of passwords," he finished with a smirk.

"Ahh -caught all that did you?" Ron rolled his eyes; Harry chuckled and then frowned "Wait? What do you mean her choice of passwords?

"Didn't I say I wasn't going to go into it?" Ron rolled his eyes, when his mate gave him a blank look. "Come on Harry I thought I was supposed to be the slow one -hello? They all relate to you."

Harry frowned, "No they don't."

"Of course they do, Quidditch -your favorite sport. Chocolate Frog -your favorite sweet. Cats -that stupid music thing that her mum took you guys to. Storm-"

"How does a storm relate to me?" Harry interrupted. Ron scoffed and pointed to the lighting bolt shaped scar on the other boy's head. "Oh…"

"Oh," Ron responded with another smirk. "And though I don't know what it is I'm sure the frame one has a relation to you also," the redhead stated, before giving a knowing grin when the dark haired boy blushed.

Harry shook his head, "Wow, maybe you're not as obtuse as we thought."

"You're damn right, I'm not…" Ron stated with a perfunctory nod before giving his mate a sidelong glance. "What's that mean anyway?" When Harry laughed he scowled, "What?! I can't help it that you're using Hermione sized words!"

"Actually it's only a six letter word, Ron," the other boy replied cheekily.

His mate glowered, "Just tell me what it means."

"It means you're not as slow as we thought," Harry responded.

"Bout time you realized that," Ron said, then punched his mate in the arm when he sniggered.

After he had calmed somewhat, Harry gave his friend a curious look. "Wait -what about the spider thing? I mean you totally freaked out, why do that if you already knew it was a ploy?"

"I -er, well, I was just trying to take some of the heat off you mate, that's just the type of bloke I am," the redhead answered blushing. When Harry smirked he blushed more before emitting a sigh, "Ok, so I hadn't really picked up on it at that point," he admitted sheepishly. "Luna kind of clued me in the next day when I explained to her why I was limping." When Harry laughed he gave his mate a disgruntled look, "What? Look you know how I feel about spiders! Why did she have to say it was a bloody spider anyway?" he finished in a grumble, giving Harry another hard punch in the arm when he laughed harder.

After his laughter subsided Harry gave Ron a serious look, "So… are we -you know, ok?"

The redhead sighed and fidgeted with his broom, "I don't know, I guess. I admit though, I am a little peeved that you guys didn't come to me. But as long as you two didn't start fooling around until after you and my sister actually broke up I guess it's no harm no foul," he finished with a shrug completely missing the strangled expression that briefly appeared on his mates face.

"So, did my sister give you that?" Ron asked after a moment of silence, motioning to the bruise rapidly forming on Harry's cheek, the other boy nodded. "Hum… well I guess that mean's I don't have to punch you -so, I guess we're alright."

Harry chuckled and took Ron's outstretched hand, giving it a firm shake. "Good to know," he commented with a wry grin.

"Anyway," Ron continued tentatively, "Ginny says that when she came in it looked like you and Hermione had just… well- you know had just… done the deed if you know what I mean…"

Harry blushed, "Well…"

Ron looked at him with a pole-axed expression, "You've got to be bloody kidding me! It took me three months to get the quaffle and you've already caught the snitch!" he exclaimed, dropping his broom and grabbing Harry's shoulders. "Seriously! You and Hermione have been doing the grown-up?!"

Harry frowned, "Doing the grown-up?"

Ron waved him off, "Dean told it to me, it means shagging -which leads me back to the original subject," when Harry gave him a blank look, Ron released an impatient grunt. "You -Hermione -shag! Hello?! Details mate! How was it?"

Harry looked at Ron's eager expression and cringed, he was glad his mate was still taking to him and didn't seem upset even over this latest development. But, taking to Ron about his intimate relationship with Hermione was just bloody weird!

"Ron, I don't think I should-"

"And why the hell not! We're best mates!"

"I know, but Hermion-"

"What about her? Look I won't say anything! Come on Harry, what ever happened to male solidarity?"

Harry gave him a confused look, "Ron what does talking about my sex-life have to do with male solidarity?"

Ron pulled a face, "Well that's easy -guys should always stick together right? So as a guy with a sex-life, it's your duty to inform a guy who's never had a sex-life about the goings on," he declared with a resolute nod.

"Actually, as a guy with a sex-life, who would like to keep, said sex-life, it's my duty to keep my mouth shut," he responded with an amused look.

"Awww, come on Harry!"

"Look Ron, I hate to say this mate but I have to. The fact remains that not only are you best mates with both Hermione and myself, but you're also her ex-boyfriend. So talking about the things that happen in her bedroom is not only very uncomfortable, but completely out of the question," Harry stated firmly.

Ron clapped his hands together and gave Harry an eager look, "Ok -so now we're getting somewhere. Her bedroom you say, what else?"

Harry groaned and hopped on his broom, kicking off he took to the skies.

"Ok, so you don't have to give me all the details!" Ron called flying up after him, "just tell me is it true?!"

Against his better judgment Harry slowed and allowed his mate to catch up with him, "Is what true?" he questioned as soon as the other boy was flying next to him.

"You know… what they say," Ron responded giving him a look like it was totally obvious, when Harry arched a brow the other boy sighed, "… about quiet witches…"

Harry scoffed and gave Ron a small shove that almost sent the other boy off of his broom before zooming off.

"Aww Harry, come on!" Ron called racing after him, "You can tell me!"

A.N. That's it for this chapter, I love Ron in this chappy. I decided one jealous Weasley was enough, what do you think? *lol* I also wanted to give a thanks to everyone who replied and a special thanks to those of you who went to Deviant Art and responded to that chick personally. All of your kind thoughts made me feel all warm and squishy. Also to my Harmony readers I do have a new H/Hr fic coming out soon (actually I wrote it a while ago, it's been sitting on my lap top feeling ignored) it's called Unconscious Confessions I hope you get a chance to check it out. Don't forget to review and ja ne!!

-->