Unofficial Portkey Archive

Forbidden Love by usako99
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Forbidden Love

usako99

Forbidden Love

Chapter 19

Hermione blinked a few times as sunlight streamed though the window and into her bedroom.

"Hermione, dear, time for breakfast!" Her mum called from the hallway.

Sitting up she gave a languid stretch and leaned back against the pillows, giving her body time to adjust to the idea of getting up for another day. As she released another yawn she slowly looked around her room, it was then that her oncoming good mood came to a crashing halt. There, sitting on the dresser where her photo of Ron use to reside, was a photo of Harry; a photo of Harry, in a stupid black frame.

Hermione groaned as memories from the previous night came rushing back in one jumbled flaming pile of crap. How in the world was she going to face him? How was she going to sit across from him a breakfast or worse still, spend the whole day with him, with that hanging over her head?

"Hermione Jean Granger, get in here for breakfast this instant!" her mum yelled from the hall.

Oddly enough hearing her mum bellow like a fishwife helped her to relax. Sure, she would have to spend a lot of time with Harry today, but her parents would be there too. And knowing her father, that meant that they wouldn't get a second alone to talk, let alone to…

She flushed as she recalled what had almost happened between them the previous night before her dad had started beating on the door like a barmy copper. Shaking off the memories she got out of her warm bed and threw on her house shoes, gave a scratch behind the ears to Crookshanks, grabbed her robe and headed out the door.

Walking in the kitchen she was met by the surprising picture of her dad and Harry involved in a very animated talk about Harry's long time favorite and her dad's newly favorite subject, Quidditch. When they had been at the Weasley's on Christmas morning Hermione's dad had finally gotten to see his first game of Quidditch and though it had only been an armature match - Fred, Harry and Charlie against George, Ron and Ginny - He had still been quite excited about what he had seen, and talking about it almost non-stop every since.

"-it's called the Wronski Feint," Harry was saying as she walked in.

"Wow, it looks dangerous," Mr. Granger responded, leaning closely over the moving picture of the acclaimed Polish Seeker.

"It's brilliant is what it is," Harry replied grinning, "I'm learning it. Almost have it down pat too I think."

Mr. Granger gave an appreciative look and a nod. "I'm sure if anyone can get it, you can Harry," he said, giving the boy a clap on the back.

Hermione smiled to herself as her friend blushed and then glowed under the compliment.

"It's about time you joined us, it's after eleven o`clock," her mum commented, placing a bowl of hot porridge on the table. "Eat up we want to be at the fair by six, which doesn't give us much time to do that and the other things that you guys wanted to do today. We're going to need to leave in about an hour to get to the cinema on time and you still haven't showered yet sleepy head."

"Sorry mum, I was completely knackered," she mumbled, avoiding Harry's gaze.

"Perhaps next time you shouldn't stay up too late studying," Mrs. Granger pressed, setting a cup of juice down in front of her as she sat. "I really don't think it's healthy. You and Harry spend all day studying together, and now it turns out that you spend all night studying by yourself. Well, I tell you, I absolutely forbid you to do any studying today. Am I coming in clear?"

"Yes mum," Hermione grumbled, throwing a glare to the sniggering Harry.

After getting her daughter's agreement, Ella sat down at the table and joined the ongoing conversation while Hermione finished the rest of her breakfast in silence, choosing to actually listen to the Quidditch talk at the table rather than be left alone with her thoughts.

**********

"Now that looks fun," Ella Granger declared, pointing to the large roller coaster.

Hermione and her dad shared a look. "Actually," replied Dan Granger "I like the look of that," everyone followed the direction he was pointing. There, less than ten feet away stood huge sprawling carousel, "I heard those things were quite the crack," he added with a jovial grin.

Harry and Ella gave him a set of dubious looks, while Hermione smiled. "I like the way you think dad, what do you say Harry?"

Harry winced, but was saved from commenting when Hermione's mum cut him off.

"I think that Harry and I'll do the roller coaster and you two can hop on the kiddie-- I mean carousel."

Hermione frowned; she did not like the idea of Harry being left alone with her calculating mum. "Well mum, I'm sure Harry would prefer the carousel. Wouldn't you Harry?" she asked, raising her brows in a silent hint that he should go along with it, a hint that in typical Harry fashion, went right over his head. The git.

"Actually," he answered looking at the ride "it looks quite boring." He then looked at her mum, "I really would love to go on that coaster though."

Ella Granger gave a wide smile, while her daughter glowered. "I'm sure we'll have great fun. Let's leave these two pansies to hit up all the kiddy rides." She laughed and gave Harry a wink, "I can't tell you how relieved I am to actually be able to come with someone that's not afraid to hop on a coaster. What do you think about trying out that ride that takes you up high and drop you, want to give that one a go too?" She asked, looking as excited as her daughter did when talking about books.

Harry returned her infectious grin "Sure that sounds great! After falling off my broom during Quidditch, a falling a few stories should be nothing."

With that said the two took off like a couple of excited teenagers towards the more dangerous looking rides. Hermione threw an annoyed glance to her dad only to find him smiling at the retreating duo.

"You don't mind?" She asked somewhat surprised, usually her dad was grumbling about things like this.

"Nah," he answered giving her a smile and a wink. "Your mum always comes to these things with us and sticks to the rides that we want to ride. I've tried a couple of her choices, but I must say I just don't have the stomach for them. Personally I'm glad she has Harry to go with, he can keep her company," his eyes took on an impish twinkle, "and keep other blokes from hitting on her."

"Dad! Where would you get-"

"Now Pumpkin, just because you see your mum as an old woman doesn't mean that a grown bloke would see her in the same light." At his daughters thoughtful expression he continued, "But don't worry I have no doubt Harry will make sure that they keep their distance for me, just like I'll do for him."

"What does that-"

"So what do you say we hop on that carousel?" Dan Granger interrupted, grabbing his daughter's hand and leading her towards the ride. "Then after that, I think we should head for the teacups."

*****************

"This was a lot of fun, we'll have to do it again," Ella said a couple of hours later.

"I look forward to it," Harry responded giving a flourishing bow.

Mrs. Granger giggled like a schoolgirl while her husband rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Watch it there Harry," He said reaching out and giving the tall boy a pat on the back and a look of mock-reproach. "Well, as much fun as this has been, we have to take out leave. We need to get to that New Years Eve party thrown by the Dental Association- bunch of stiffs," he finished with a mumble.

Though he said it in a low voice, they all still heard him and Hermione and Harry's laughter let him know that.

"Dan, you know that we promised to go." Mrs. Granger said, giving him a small frown before looking at Harry and Hermione. "So, you kids can go ahead and stay here, it's already ten and they're going to do the fireworks at midnight. Do you guys have money for a taxi home?" when they both nodded she continued. "Good, be careful there's quite an unscrupulous lot hanging out just beyond these gates. In truth, if I didn't know what you two were capable of I wouldn't even think to leave you here after we've gone. Maybe-"

"Ella, leave the kids be, dear," Mr. Granger interjected, "we're over an hour late and we still have to run home and change. Come on let's go."

"Okay, okay," Mrs. Granger muttered before giving them both brief hugs. "Phone me on my mobile if there's any problem. We'll see you kids at the house later. Goodnight and happy New Year!" She called out as her husband dragged her towards the car.

"Well," Harry said with a grin as Hermione's mum disappeared into the crowd "I don't think I've had this much fun on New Years in ages," Hermione smirked. "Ok, so I haven't had this much fun ever," he conceded with a shrug. "What do you want to do now?"

Hermione looked around the park before looking back at Harry, but when their gazes connected she flushed and looked away. "How about we grab something to eat?"

"Sounds like a plan," he answered, "so pick your poison, did you want burgers, pizza or hotdogs?"

Hermione grinned, "This conversation sounds strangely familiar," when he gave a confused look she elaborated. "Ok, ask that question again, but this time picture us in skates."

Harry began to laugh and she joined in, after a moment the merriment subsided and he just stared at her tilting his head a bit.

"What?" Hermione quizzed suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious and fixing her hair.

"Nothing," he said as his mouth formed a slow grin. "I was just realizing why I hadn't put the two together."

"Why?"

"That's easy- you're standing," she gave him a confused look and his grin widened. "Well at the skating rink you spent most of the time on your bum."

Hermione released and indignant growl and took off after Harry who had broken into a jog right after making the offending statement.

**********

Harry gave a look to the petite witch next to him. She, along with several other people in the crowd, were watching the sky for the fireworks that were set to began at midnight. He didn't understand why she kept looking up; after all there would be a countdown before midnight so the start of the fireworks would be no surprise. With that being the case it didn't make any sense that she kept her gaze directed at the stars.

`Or maybe it does,' his mind interjected fairly.

He may be a bit of a cabbage at times, but he wasn't completely daft; he knew exactly why she kept looking at the twinkling night sky. He also knew that she had been avoiding him in her own little way ever since her parents had left. Most importantly though, he knew why she was doing it. He shouldn't have cornered her in the room like that, but in the end she seemed to have wanted him as much as he wanted her.

`Just like that day in the Room of Requirement,' he thought. `Not to mention the photo…'

Harry gave a sigh and pushing the thoughts away, he let his gaze wander around the crowded park. As he looked to his left he made momentary eye contact with the ice cream vendor whose booth they were standing next to, returning the muggle man's small smile Harry then turned his attention, once more, to the young witch next to him.

Sensing his gaze and after a small hesitation, Hermione finally looked away from the stars and at him. Harry's eyes widened slightly and his breath quickened at the sight of the confusion and hunger that were emanating from her luminous eyes. When she tried to turn away once more he quickly brought his hand out and caught her cheek, holding her heated gaze and forcing her to continue to look at him.

"Ten!"

Harry licked his lips, when she bit her bottom one. Oh how he loved when she did that.

"Nine!"

She opened her mouth just a bit, her lush pink lips forming a small `o'.

"Eight!"

Harry turned so that he was fully facing her and brought his other hand up so the he was cupping both of her flushed cheeks.

"Seven!"

Hermione wrapped her fingers around his wrists, but did not push them away.

"Six!"

She continued to hold his wrists, then tightening her grip and using a small amount of pressure she pulled him a fraction of an inch closer.

"Five!"

Realizing what she wanted, and how much he wanted it too, Harry took a single step forward so that they were almost touching.

"Four!"

Hermione removed her hands from his wrists and placed them on the sides of his face.

"Three!"

Licking her lips and giving a hesitant look, she moved closer still so that their bodies were now touching fully.

"Two!"

Harry bent his head down a fraction; he knew that he wanted to kiss her. He knew that he had wanted to kiss her for a while. But he refused to take the decision away from her.

"One!"

Hermione hesitated once more before going on her tiptoes and closing the distance between them.

"Happy New Year!!!!"

The young couple remained blissfully unaware of the commotion that erupted around them as Hermione's hands left Harry's face and became buried in his dark hair. Releasing her chin, he wrapped both arms around her waist molding her soft pliant form against his broader, more muscular one. However, before he could do it himself, Harry was surprised to feel Hermione's warm tongue probing the entrance to his mouth. Without thinking twice about it he opened and allowed her entry, reveling in the small moan she released as he pulled her body impossibly closer to his own.

Through his passion filled haze, Harry could vaguely here people laughing and talking in the background followed by several whistles and cat calls. Hoping that Hermione hadn't heard, he held her close and slowly walked them backwards until his waist came into contact with the counter for the ice cream stand. Maneuvering his body around, Harry continued to inch towards the side, which was no easy feat considering most of his brainpower had deserted him, until he found his back resting against the solid structure.

Now content with their relative amount of privacy, he began to relax and just enjoy the feel of her once more. His arms loosened their death grip on her waist, and as they did her body slowly and enticingly slid down the length of his. One of his hands made its way down her back, unhurriedly caressing and kneading her buttocks, while the other went up and tangled it's self in her bushy, but soft locks. When Harry gave her hair a gentle tug Hermione's head involuntarily fell back, revealing a long pale neck. He kissed the corner of her chin and languidly made his way down the front of her neck as she held tightly onto his shoulders. Her nails were digging into his shoulders and her breath was coming out in a series of heavy pants, a sound that Harry found he was having a hard time getting enough of.

As his mouth moved lower he unzipped the top of her jacket a bit to allow him access to her collarbone. He ran his tongue along the milky area and he smiled against her skin when she shivered. Making his way back up her neck, he captured her ear between his teeth and gave a small nibble. When Hermione let out a small `mewl' in pleasure and arched her body against his, Harry couldn't take anymore. Opening his eyes he did a quick sweep of their surroundings then, wrapping his arms possessively around her once more, he hauled her against him and disappeared from sight with a loud `crack'.

***********************

Hermione's passion induced stupor cleared a bit when the familiar pull of apparation took over. However, before the haze could leave her head completely, it was over and she was standing in her own bedroom. A moment after they arrived Harry let her go and with her own legs in no condition to support her weight Hermione fell backwards onto the soft bed.

The dark haired boy ran an agitated hand though his hair and watched her though hooded eyes. The dim light from the moon peeking through her windows was the only source of brightness in the room and Harry's tall form was adeptly accentuated by it. He towered over her own, looking like an enticing dark prince, a devastatingly handsome vampire or a mysterious hero... His chest rose and fell rapidly as he attempted to get his emotions under control and his disheveled hair fell lightly into his blazing eyes. Eyes that were asking her a very important question…

She knew the answer to that question; yes, they should stop. They both had significant others, and those significant others were important to both of them not only in terms of relationships, but in terms of friendships. She should say no, call a halt to this destructive behavior immediately and send him back to his own room.

In fact, she opened her mouth to tell Harry this, but when his gaze flicked to her lips she found she was robbed of her words as well as her breath. When his eyes once again returned to hers, Hermione wasn't sure what he saw in the dim moonlight, but whatever it was caused him to come forward. Surprised at his sudden movement she unintentionally lay backwards on the bed as his large form bent over hers, his strong arms resting on either side of her small form. She looked up at Harry still not saying a word, still not knowing how to form one. Oh, her mind was screaming all kinds of words, like they should stop or that she should tell him so… but her mouth wouldn't work and traitorous body wasn't listening.

Point in case the mutinous hand, that of its own accord, left her side and went to Harry's face, pushing his hair back and tangling in his soft locks. Her eyes flicked to the scar now visible on his forehead, before her other hand came up puling him down as she lifted her head, she placed a feather light kiss on the abrasion that had brought him so much pain. Then after Hermione pulled back their heated gazes clashed once more, but only for an instant before she pulled his mouth down to her own.

In no time at all their tongues were once again dueling and their hands were freely caressing one another, just like at the park. However, unlike at the park, Harry's hard Quidditch toned body was pressed a lot more intimately against her own. He suddenly pulled back and with little to no effort, readjusted them so that they were lying in the middle of her bed. After they were comfortable in their new position, and he had kissed her soundly, he looked down at her once more.

"Is it?" he questioned speaking for the first time since dinner, his rumbling baritone carrying a rough sexy quality and his fingers lightly holding the zipper of her jacket.

She blushed and gave a small nod of the head and he slowly unzipped the heavy coat revealing the light pink jumper she had on just beneath it. Hermione sat up a bit and shrugged her arms out of the garment and Harry tossed it lightly onto the floor. He placed his hands on her shoulders and was about to lay her back on the bed when her own husky voice came though.

"Is it?" she questioned, her fingers now lightly holding onto the zipper of his jacket.

Harry's eyes blazed momentarily at the sound of her throaty tone, before he gave a small smile and waited patiently as she unzipped the garment and pushed it down his shoulders. He shrugged it the rest of the way off, leaving himself clad only in a green jumper and blue jeans, having kicked off his trainers sometime before he moved Hermione to the middle of the bed.

Her hands came to a rest on his upper chest for an instant before they grazed the remainder of his torso, Hermione gave him an appreciative look as they ran over his abs. Giving her a roguish grin, Harry nimbly divested himself of the jumper, chuckling at the startled gasp that she gave and the way her eyes widened as they fixated on his muscular chest. Hermione licked her lips as he allowed her to look her fill at his broad form, reaching a hand up she caressed his peck, her stroke getting lighter as her hand went lower and grazed his abs. At the butterfly touch his abs gave a jump and Harry groaned as his head fell forward. Hermione chuckled, then sitting up she put her arms around his shoulder and pulled him on top of her.

Her laughter turned into moans as Harry skillfully kissed her, his pace leisurely and gentle.

`Not at all like Ron,' she reflected fleetingly… her last coherent thought for a while.

As he continued to kiss her, Harry's hands caressed her waist just under her shirt but refrained from going any higher. Hermione, deciding that she liked the feel of his hands, took it upon herself to fix that glitch. Grasping his wrist she led one of Harry's hands along her waist, past her ribs and to her right breast, under her shirt. He smiled against her lips before gently caressing her. They continued to kiss and explore one another's bodies for several long and satisfying minutes before Harry pulled back. Hermione was about to ask him what was wrong, but before she could get the question out the cool air from the room hit her chest.

"Harry wha-" the words died on her lips, to be replaced by a low moan as his warm tongue caressed her breasts.

Her fingers became tangled in his hair as he kissed and stroked her, making sure to devote generous attention to each soft mound. Her moans got louder as the movement of his tongue began to increase. She had just heard the beginnings of a faint hissing noise when the most incredible sensation took over. She had no idea what he was doing to her, but she had never felt anything like it and Merlin did it feel brilliant!

Hermione hissed and arched against Harry, gripping his head and pulling him closer. As she fought to regain at least a smidgen of her senses, she felt a distinct hardness between her legs where his lower body rested. Hermione moved one hand from his head to his warm muscular back and pulled him even tighter against her body. Shifting her hips she rubbed herself against the hardness and both the sensation on her chest and the hissing noise were interrupted when Harry moaned against her and his body throbbed in response.

Taking this as an indication that he had liked the way that it had felt as much as she had, Hermione arched her back and began to heavily grind against him while holding on to his shoulders for support. Harry's head came up from her chest and she was able to see the pleasure that radiated in his eyes, just a moment before he captured her mouth in another searing kiss. Hermione ran her hands down his back until they rested on his bum and pulled him closer still as she arched upward. They both moaned in response kissing again, then froze.

Stilling against one another and doing their best to quiet their labored breathing Harry and Hermione strained to hear.

"I told you it wouldn't be so bad," Hermione heard her mum say distantly.

Their eyes snapped to one another as the passion instantly dissipated only to be placed by a keen sense of survival.

"Oh my gosh, Harry you have to get out of here," she said in a strangled whisper.

He gave her a quick nod before hopping off of the bed. Grabbing his jacket, his wand and his trainers he looked at her, hesitating for a moment before connecting his mouth with hers in one last sweltering kiss. An instant later with a light `pop' he was gone and not a moment to soon- Hermione had just enough time to get under the covers before her mum peaked her head into the bedroom.

"Like a baby," she heard her mum whisper before the door shut softly behind her.

Hermione released the breath she had been holding as soon as the door closed, then swiftly hopped out of bed and kicked off her socks and jeans. Throwing on her nightgown she got back under the covers, but as her hand slipped under the pillow it bumped something. Grabbing the item, she gave a pull only to come face to shirt with Harry's green jumper.

"Now what?" she mumbled to herself looking at the item, and knowing that the small question she had posed had multiple answers, each just a complicated as the last.

Giving a sigh she started to place the peace of clothing on the floor when she thought better of it. After adjusting herself one last time and staring at the ceiling for over an hour, Hermione finally fell into a troubled sleep lying on her side, with her head on the fluffy pillow and Harry's jumper wrapped in her arms.

A.N. So… I guess Hermione's right, now what?! Stay tuned and see and please review. Ja ne!!!

-->