Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Late Night Visit by Trojan#12
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Late Night Visit

Trojan#12

Disclaimer: JKR owns.

A Late Night Visit

Chapter 12: A Talk With the Parents

---

[AN]: Sorry it's been a while! I think you guys will like the end of this chapter. ;]

---

Harry was in his room, searching around in his trunk for Hermione's other gift. There was a sudden knock on the door, startling Harry from his search. Quickly, he slammed the lid of his trunk shut in fear that it was Hermione.

However, the person who came through his door was definitely not his girlfriend.

"Mr. Granger?" Harry asked with an almost scared look.

The older man nodded at him, "Oh good, you're not asleep yet."

Harry cleared his throat, "Um, was there something wrong sir?"

Richard shook his head and took initiative in coming in closer, "No. I just wanted to… talk."

"Okay," Harry muttered, his eyebrows knitting together. He tried to hide his gulp.

"Sit down," Richard nodded off to the bed and waited for Harry to take a seat on its edge. "Look Harry," he continued after he had Harry's full attention, "Elisabeth and I went through a lot to have Hermione. She was six weeks premature and right off the bat it was a struggle to keep her alive. But she was a stubborn little baby, and she fought to get healthy. Because of that, Emily and I decided not to have anymore children. Hermione was our little miracle; she deserved our full attention."

Harry was completely flabbergasted at Mr. Granger's revelation, "Wow… Hermione never told me."

"I don't think she quite likes to brag about it," Richard replied.

Harry nodded, "Right."

"But anyway," he said, about to continue. Harry was surprised that Hermione's father was so willing to share these stories with him. He was even a little curious as to why. Where was this getting at? "When she was born I promised myself that I would do everything and anything to protect her. When news came that she was magical- well, it was kind of out of my hands. It's hard to decide between what is safest and what she wants."

Harry again nodded, "Believe me, I know."

Richard shot him a look, "And since I couldn't protect her from hundreds of miles away, I prayed that someone there would keep a special eye on her. That's why I want to thank you."

Harry raised his eyebrows, "Me?"

"Ever since the very first letter she wrote home to us, she spoke very highly of you."

Harry had to smile that time, "She did?"

Richard nodded, "You're her hero, Harry. And now that I've met you and seen the way you act around each other, it's very clear you're her protector as well."

Harry sat still, stunned at how the conversation was turning out. Harry thought Richard was there to call him out- not to thank him.

Harry relaxed his face, and gave the older man a firm look, "I'd do anything to protect her, sir."

"What about to keep her happy?" Richard asked, matching his look.

"Of course," Harry answered quickly, "I'd never intentionally do anything to make her anything but happy."

Hermione's dad remained quiet for a second before finally speaking, "And what if she wants you to leave her alone?"

Harry frowned. He felt like he'd just been kicked in the stomach. Was this what Richard was getting at? Was he trying to get Harry to leave Hermione alone?

Harry couldn't even think about the possibility. However, with the look the older man was giving him, he knew he had to answer. Even if it hurt like hell.

"I-I'd have a lot of questions but… if it was what she wanted… then yes."

Richard was silent as he stared at Harry with critical eyes. Honestly, he'd been wanting to ask that question for a long time. He'd expected for Harry to avoid the question- like any teen boy with something to hide would. If Harry had blatantly said no, then Richard would know that the wizard had an ulterior motive for his Hermione.

Harry's answer, however, threw him for a loop. While he didn't sound too strong when he said it, he didn't avoid the question either. He actually sounded quite sincere- like losing Hermione was the last thing he wanted.

After what seemed like forever to Harry, Richard nodded, convinced, "You're a good bloke Harry. I trust you with my daughter. I'm happy you two are friends."

Harry let out a relieved breath and smiled, "Thank you, sir."

Richard, however, did not share his smile. He gave Harry a hard look and pointed a finger at him, "Don't ever do anything to make me regret this conversation."

Harry quickly nodded, "I promise I won't."

"Happy Christmas then," Richard replied after a few scrutinizing seconds.

"You too, sir."

Harry waited for the older man to leave before he threw himself back on his bed and brought his hands up to scrub over his face. How lucky had he been to avoid the topic of love tonight?

As Harry laid on his bed, completely amazed and astounded at his luck, Hermione was about to have a very similar conversation with her mother.

A knock on the door broke the silence in Hermione's bedroom. She jerked away from her position at the window, and went to answer.

"Mum?" Hermione asked, opening the door to see her mother standing there.

Elisabeth smiled at her daughter, "Hey sweetheart."

"Something the matter?" Hermione asked, trying to keep the hurried tone out of her voice. Hermione had been waiting for Harry for the past ten minutes; if he were to show up while her mum was visiting, that'd be anything but good.

Her mum only shook her head, and continued to smile fondly at her, "No. Just wanted to see if you were all ready for bed."

Hermione frowned at her mum's choice in words, "Er, yeah all set. I was just going to brush my teeth. Is Dad already in bed?" She didn't bother to ask about Harry, because she knew he'd left as soon as she had.

Elisabeth's fond smile turned into a wry grin, "No actually. He went to have a chat with Harry."

Hermione paled instantly, "What? Are you joking?"

"No…"

"Are you insane?!" Hermione asked in a shout, "I can't believe him! He's probably going to scare Harry into leaving!" Without a second thought, Hermione moved to try and run past her mother.

Elisabeth held her back, "Hermione, you're father is a very reasonable man. I'm sure he won't say anything too threatening to Harry."

"Why does he feel the need to have a talk with him anyway?" Hermione asked, still frowning.

Elisabeth smiled knowingly, "How come you're so frantic? Is there something you're afraid your father will find out?"

Hermione narrowed her eyes, "No. Not at all."

"Then calm down," Elisabeth finished easily. She nodded back into her room, trying to change the topic, "All of the gifts Harry got you were very lovely. I was surprised at how thoughtful they all seemed."

Hermione blushed, "Yeah, they're great. I told him he didn't have to get me anything, though."

"How sweet of him," Elisabeth said anyway.

Hermione let out an impatient groan. She knew what her mother was trying to get at, "Mum…"

The older woman simply shrugged, "Just making an observation. It seems like you're one of the most important persons in his life. That's not something to be ignored, Hermione."

Hermione sighed, and gave her a leveled gaze, "Mum, I can't tell you how many times Harry has saved my life. Next to you guys, he's the most important person in my life. All I want to give him is a comfortable, stress-free holiday. Please, please don't ruin it."

At her daughter's words, Elisabeth couldn't help but to concede, "Alright. I'll tell your father there's nothing to worry about."

Hermione smiled, "Thank you."

"Goodnight love," Elisabeth said, pulling Hermione forward to hug her.

"Night mum."

"Remember, you can tell me anything. I'm here anytime you want to talk."

Hermione nodded into her mum's shoulder, "Thanks."

Elisabeth kissed her on the forehead and gave her one last smile before leaving.

Ten more minutes had passed, in which Hermione impatiently paced back and forth, in front of her open window. Even though it looked out into the guest house Harry was staying in, Hermione couldn't see any movement inside. She was starting to work herself into a panic, wondering if perhaps her father had said something to scare Harry from coming tonight.

Just as she was starting to wonder if she should sneak down, she felt a presence near her. She grinned as she heard a slight whooshing and flapping sound. Hermione stood away from the window, so that Harry could fly in.

As soon as the broom clanked to the floor and Harry removed the invisibility cloak, Hermione threw her arms around his neck and kissed him.

Harry chuckled, but kissed her back, "Don't you want to open your present?"

"Aren't I opening it right now?" Hermione asked, as she started to unbutton the top of Harry's shirt.

Harry kissed her deeper and started walking them back towards the bed. He couldn't help himself around her, especially when she was acting like this.

"Is your door locked?"

Hermione nodded, "And a silencio."

Harry's hands moved to cradle the back of her neck as she started to slide her tongue more fervently against his. As they fell back on the bed together, Harry could only marvel at how natural it all seemed.

Together, they crawled closer to the pillows, still joined at the mouth. Once they had finally settled in, Hermione finished the last button on Harry's shirt and pushed it over his shoulders. With much effort, Harry broke the kiss and pushed himself up on his knees.

Hermione grinned at him as he finished removing his flannel, and tugged on his undershirt to bring his mouth back down to hers. As he settled in between her legs, resting his full weight on her, Hermione could feel a thick hardness already pressing against her thigh. She moaned at the familiar sensation of a mass rushing through her and building at her core.

Harry had snuck a hand under the hem of her night top and was rubbing his thumb over her stomach. They had only done this once, yet he felt like he knew her body so well. Knew it, and was thirsty for more.

An inexplicable feeling came over him and suddenly, he was overcome with how grateful he was for Hermione. He couldn't explain how much he loved her as a friend, and now as a lover that emotion intensified tenfold. If it was even possible, he deepened their kiss.

Hermione had her hands tangled in Harry's hair and welcomed the added force. Going off instincts, her hands grazed down his tight back until they found the end of his shirt. Without hesitating, she pulled it up and over his head. Harry moved his lips over her neck afterward, remembering the exact spot that made her cry out like so many nights before this.

"Harry," she gasped, gripping his arms and bucking up further into him. This time, Harry groaned. Without moving from her neck, Harry started fiddling with the strings to her pajama bottoms. After a few impatient grunts, he was able to get them untied.

Hermione all too eagerly helped him slip off her bottoms. Once they were abandoned in some far corner of her room, Harry dropped back on top of her, with a renewed hunger that only Hermione could satisfy. Their kissing became more heated, and Hermione's breath labored as Harry drew a hand up from the inside of her thigh and over her soft center. Harry was thrilled to find her already slick with arousal.

"Harry," she mumbled again, thrashing her head off the pillow. His mouth hung open from the look on her face. Merlin, how he wanted her…

He didn't lean back down to kiss her, opting to study her face as he continued to torture her swelling sex. She was beautiful. More so exotic like this. Whichever it was, she was all his; a fact that Harry relished as she began unbuttoning her own top. He bent down and placed a light kiss after every button she unfastened. When she was done, a strip of unrevealing flesh laid in between the garment.

Hermione could tell just how teased he was by the way his breath hitched, and hand moved up to push it off. His hips were starting to rock and she knew, just like her, that he was becoming less and less patient.


With that thought in mind, and with another groan from Harry as a reminder, her hands coasted down to lie on his belt buckle.

Harry turned his eyes on Hermione's, both pairs darkened over with lust. A few seconds passed before Harry grabbed her chin and gently pulled it up to kiss her lips. Hermione quickly worked through his belt and slowly unbuttoned his jeans. Harry bit down on her lip lightly, begging her to hurry. She obeyed to an extent, and started on his zipper.

Harry let out a sigh as he broke their growing kiss, and rested his forehead against her cheek.

"You're being mean…"

Hermione only grinned cheekily, and hooked a finger in the waistband of his boxers while letting her other brush over the bulge waiting for its fair share of attention. Harry shuddered in pleasure, but thankfully Hermione didn't stop.

She continued until Harry literally couldn't take it anymore. With a short, shaky breath, Harry grabbed her hand and pinned it above her head while his lips crashed back down to hers.

He dipped his covered erection down to her center, and rested there until Hermione let out a husky moan. He ripped his lips from hers and trailed them down her neck, giving equal attention to both her breasts as he removed the open night shirt from her arms.

He lifted himself up, and gave Hermione a lusting look. It didn't take a genius to realize what Harry wanted, so giving the okay, she lifted up her hips. Harry eagerly slid off her knickers and threw them off to the side, before he too began to slide off his boxers.

They both looked at each other, now completely naked. With one shy look, they both knew they were ready. Harry crawled back over her and settled between her legs. He knew that she was probably still sore from earlier that morning, so Harry kissed her hard as he pushed into her.

Hermione cried out, both in pain and pleasure, as Harry moved inside her. She didn't think she'd ever get sick of doing this with Harry. In all truth, they loved each other so much-- she couldn't describe how amazing it was that they could now express that in both ways. The thought that nobody would be able to take this love from them, was ineffable in all means.

---

Please, please take the time to review.

:]