Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Late Night Visit by Trojan#12
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Late Night Visit

Trojan#12

Disclaimer: JKR owns.

A Late Night Visit

Chapter 4: No Doubt

---

Hermione started off towards her common room at the end of the day, not in the happiest of moods. Harry's insistence for a quick snog session before her Advanced Ancient Runes period had made her a few minutes late for class. When she finally arrived, she had the severe displeasure of getting stuck sitting behind the two gossip bimbo's of the class. How they got in an advanced class, Hermione didn't know, but what they had talked about for the entire hour and a half was gnawing at her mind.

Surprisingly enough, Harry had been the topic of their discussion. Hermione couldn't help but listen in (not like the two were trying hard to keep quiet) and after a few minutes she really was regretting it.

They had brought up Harry and Ginny, and their brief relationship nearly a year and a half ago.

"Haven't they both seemed really happy lately?"

"Have you seen them like, together-together?"

"No, of course not! But that's just it… I bet you their having a secret relationship. You know so everybody stays out of their business and stuff…"

"Oh my god, do you really think so?!"

"Totally. They're so cute together."

Hermione sighed as she neared the portrait hole to her common room. She didn't know why the two nosy girls bugged her so much. Usually she was one to not get involved in crazy rumors. Plus, Harry would never do anything behind her back.

That thought alone brightened her spirits as she said the password and stepped into the portrait hole. The light smile she was wearing quickly turned into a frown as she heard the raised voices in the common room.

"Hey, what's going on?" she asked giving both the boys skeptical looks.

"Hermione! Thank Merlin you're here- will you please tell Harry that he's gone out of his bloody mind?!" Ron practically yelled at her with a wild look in his eyes.

Hermione gave Harry a questioning look as she walked up next to him sitting on the couch, "What happened?"

"Nothing major-"

"Something major!" Ron and Harry both said at the same time.

Harry gave Ron an annoyed glance, "Ron, relax. You're making this a far bigger deal than it is."

Ron looked incredulous, "This is a big deal! This is your last chance to play school quidditch! Don't you want to maybe get picked up by a scout when school gets out?!"

Automatically, Harry shook his head, "I don't want to play professional quidditch."

"Why not?! You get to play quidditch, get paid tons of money, and have all the women you could ever ask for!" he listed to him, paying no mind to Hermione who raised an eyebrow and then turned to Harry with an intense look.

Harry darted his eyes in her direction and could tell she was waiting to see what his answer would be, "Look Ron, that sounds brilliant for you, but I'm not interested."

Hermione's expression softened as he finished and she sent him a small smile.

Ron, however, persisted, "Harry, you don't have a choice. Think of Gryffindor! Who would we ever find as a replacement half as good as you?"

Harry shrugged and relaxed back into the sofa, "Ginny. She's brilliant with the snitch and I'm sure she'd be thrilled."

Ron shook his head frantically becoming more and more hopeless, "I can't believe you're quitting Harry. This is quidditch, the one thing you love…"

Harry rolled his eyes in exasperation, "Ron, I'm not quitting. I'm simply not trying out. And quidditch certainly isn't the only thing I love." Again, he glanced up to Hermione.

Ron threw his hands up in frustration, "This is hopeless. I'm off to go break it to the rest of the team that we can practically kiss the cup goodbye," he ended dramatically, heading off towards the portrait hole.

Harry let out a deep breath and finally turned to Hermione with a soft smile, "A little overdramatic, he is."

"You're not going to play quidditch for your last year of Hogwarts?" Hermione repeated, finding it a little hard to believe herself.

Harry groaned and slapped a hand to his face, "Not you too…"

"I'm just saying Harry- it's strange. Is some-"

"Babe, I'm fine. I just want to relax this year, that's all. And just because I'm not playing doesn't mean I can't go flying. Ron was just being a baby." He reached for her hand and place a soft kiss on top of it, hoping to reassure her.

Hermione bit her lip, "Well, if you're sure this is what you want."

Harry grinned, leaned forward and placed his hands on the back of her thighs, "It is. Now…" he tugged her forward with a sly smile on his face, "Did you miss me?"

Hermione smiled back at him. It had only been an hour and thirty minutes, but still she couldn't resist him, "Of course."

"Well then," he muttered before leaning up and kissing her softly. He had been waiting for this ever since he'd gotten back to the common room earlier.

Hermione's stomach fluttered as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Still though, her mind was working over why Harry didn't want to play quidditch this year.

About fifteen minutes later, Hermione and Harry and stumbled back up to her room, still attached at the mouth. She giggled as Harry picked her up and threw her on her bed before getting in himself, and settling next to her. He leaned back in and gave her a quick kiss before Hermione made a sound and pulled away.

"Would this ever get old to you?" she asked, a little out of breath.

"No," Harry answered, before leaning in again.

Hermione grinned into his kiss for a few seconds before she gently pushed his face away once more, this time with a more serious look.

"Is the reason you're not trying back out for quidditch because of Ginny?"

Harry frowned and sat up to look at her better, "No. I told you, we're friends."

She paused for a moment and then nodded her head, "I know, I'm sorry."

Hermione had glanced away, but Harry tilted her chin up to look at him, "What made you think that?"

She shrugged, "I don't know… I guess everything's just happening a little fast and-"

"Are you having doubts?" Harry didn't even want to think of the possibility.

"No!" Hermione responded fast, "It's just… all the sudden we're here… together. And we're happy- right?" she looked up at him, with a haze of uncertainty in her eyes.

Harry was stunned that she was unsure. Honestly, this was the happiest and most carefree he had ever been in his life, and he would have thought that Hermione would have taken confidence in that.

"I'm happy, Hermione. Are you?"

"Yes, I am," Hermione told him genuinely. She moved so she was leaning on his chest and looked up at him, "Don't you wish you could tell people the reasons we're happy so they'd quit making their own explanations for it?"

Harry was confused, "Are you saying you want people to know about us?"

The words died in Hermione's throat and she gazed up at him with her lip caught between her teeth. Well did she?

"I… I don't know what I want, to tell you the truth."

Harry forced the insecurities out of his eyes, "Definitely me though, right?"

Hermione pulled the back of his head down and kissed him, "Of course you, silly."

Harry smiled and kissed her forehead, "As long as you always want me, I'll be happy."

"I'll never let you be unhappy again," she muttered, sweeping a soft hand over his face.

Hermione turned over and let her head rest on his chest while her arms circled around his waist. Harry relaxed back into her pillows and closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

"That's why I love you."

Hermione's body froze and her eyes shot wide open. Harry too stiffened, realizing what he had just revealed out loud.

Slowly, Hermione lifted her head to face him. As she stared at him with her shining chocolate eyes, Harry had never been more terrified of a response in his life.

"I love you too," she finally whispered.

A few moments passed before Harry pulled her up and kissed her like he had never kissed her before.

---

Please review! They really motivate me to write faster! Thanks you guys!