Unofficial Portkey Archive

A Different Universe by dunuelos
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

A Different Universe

dunuelos

At 2:30 in the afternoon, Albus Dumbledore sat at his desk and looked at the several broken instruments on his shelf.

Something had happened with young Mr. Potter. Something had happened which had interrupted all of the monitors he had which told him the status of his weapon. He had dispatched Minerva McGonagall to Privet Drive to check on Harry Potter and the guard which was supposed to be watching. Mundungus Fletcher was not the most reliable person in the world, but he had been available.

He had received a missive from Gringott's informing him that the will reading for one Sirius Black had been pushed back an hour "due to stated requisites for the will reading to take place not being completed until that time". He didn't quite understand that; it was rare indeed for there to be conditions set for a will to be read.

Nevertheless, Mr. Potter must be kept away from Gringott's at all cost. Ms. Granger's attendance had already been taken care of in the same way that Mr. Potter's had, but the boy had uncanny luck at times and he didn't want to take any chances.

Just then her heard a call from the floo. "Albus, the boy has disappeared."

Albus's only thought was: Shite!


At 4:20, the Weasleys made their way down Diagon Alley toward Gringott's for the will reading of Sirius Black.

Arthur and Molly nodded to the several Order members which were present in the Alley, ensuring that Harry Potter stayed away "for his own safety". Ron and Ginny chattered incessantly about what they might be receiving.

Once inside, Molly Weasley went up to a teller and said, "We are here for the will reading of Sirius Black". Unfortunately for her, she let a small amount of her disapproval for the goblins show through. The goblin took one look at her, sneered, and said "Follow me" abruptly as he moved toward a door in the bank.

The family was led to a large conference room where several witches and wizards were already seated. The Weasleys noted that already present were Andromeda and Ted Tonks, Augusta Longbottom, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Minerva McGonagall, Amelia Bones, and their sons Bill and Charlie. They took up the seats nearest Bill and Charlie.

Soon they were joined by a sneering Severus Snape who was followed by Narcissa and Draco Malfoy. The latter two attempted to sit at the seats nearest the head of the table but were shooed off of these two seats by the goblin guard which stood near the three seats at the head of the table. Draco was about to make a harsh comment to the guard, but was dragged off towards the seats next to Severus. At 4:28, Albus Dumbledore strode in to take his seat at the foot of the table, directly across from the center chair at the head.

At 4:29, two more people entered, not from the door nearest the Lobby, but the door nearest the goblin offices. Everyone noted that these two were Harry and Hermione Granger. The Order members present were surprised, but the Weasleys were shocked.

Albus had told them that Harry and Hermione were to be kept away. They wondered how they had been informed and had arrived long before the reading. Order members had arrived by 1:30 to prevent their attendance at the 3:30 reading. No one could have known, without checking earlier, that they had already arrived.

The fact that the two had both been in Gringott's by 10:30 prevented interference by the Order.

The Weasleys noted that the two sat on the two chairs flanking the head of the table and faced directly forward with no change of expression and did not look around to make eye contact with anyone else.

Albus Dumbledore was both livid and severely worried. Behind his grandfatherly facade, he was wondering just how the two had out-maneuvered the Order members that were tasked with preventing this.

At 4:30, a goblin arrived carry several parchments. Behind him were a line of goblins which lined the walls in guard positions. These made no overt threat, but those familiar with Gringott's knew that they would not hesitate to quell any violent interruptions.

Harry and Hermione stood and bowed to the goblin as he made his way toward the conference table. Several of the others present followed their actions, although it was noted that Draco Malfoy and Albus Dumbledore were two who did not, even if they stood up with all of the others.

"Please be seated. I am Sharphook, a sub-manager for Inheritance and Bequeathments at Gringott's Bank, Main Branch, London England. You have all been called here to witness the reading of the Last Will and Testament of Sirius Orion Black, Head of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black, dated 10 June of this year. Are there any questions before we begin?"

If Harry had looked around the room, he would have laughed. No one was aware that there had been a new will submitted to Gringott's and the Malfoys were well aware that this meant a fight to discredit the will.

Amelia Bones raised her hand. Sharpclaw nodded for her to continue. "I only have a question as a point of Law. On 10 June of this year, Sirius Black was still classified as a fugitive from the Ministry of Magic. Does this effect the legality of the Will?"

Sharpclaw replied in a brusque voice. "Gringott's does not recognize this as a factor as Mr. Black, according to our records verified with the Ministry of Magic, never received a hearing, trial or conviction for any crimes. There must be a hearing, whether the fugitive is present or not, before the assets may be encumbered. A verified copy of a pensieve recording of a confession under Veritaserum may be used for this as well. In order for fugitive status to affect the disbursement of assets after a death, the person must be convicted before their passing. As a result, there can be no injunction against the Will moving forward based upon this point of Law."

Amelia looked surprised and a little offended. "I was not aware that Mr. Black never received a hearing or trial. I withdraw any objections from the Department of Magical Law Enforcement."

"Are there any other questions?" No one responded. "Very well. We will begin."

The goblin tapped a rune on the side of the pensieve and the image of Sirius Black rose above the bowl looking out upon the audience.

"Hello, all. My name is Sirius Orion Black, recently departed Head of the Noble House of Black. I hereby attest that I am of sound mind and body, and this has been verified by a certified healer at Gringott's Bank as of the date of this recording, 10 June 1996. Should there be any question of this, Sharpclaw has the required documents.

"Before we may proceed beyond this point, several items must be completed. These do not affect inheritance, and so these things cannot be contested as I originated the paperwork when I was still alive.

"Andromeda Tonks and Nymphadora Tonks (you can't hex me now) are hereby reinstated to the Noble House of Black and they are entitled to all rights and privileges thereunto. Sharpclaw will distribute the signed affidavit from myself making this true."

Sharclaw tapped the rune and the image paused. "Mrs. Tonks and Ms. Tonks, do you accept the delivery of these affidavits signed and sealed 10 June 1996 from one Sirius Orion Black?"

Andromeda was crying softly and Tonks's hair was rippling as she sat there stunned. Both replied in the affirmative before Sharpclaw handed their affidavits over to them.

Sharpclaw tapped the rune again.

"There. Now that's done. Welcome back to the family, Andi, and welcome to the family for the first time, Dora.

"Now, before we go any further in the proceedings, I must inform you all that contrary to popular belief, there IS a blood heir of the House of Black. As he is the primary beneficiary, there will be no cause to contest this Will based on con sanguinity or lack thereof. Harry James Potter, by magical blood adoption completed prior to this time is of blood descent from the House of Black. Even without that, he is the Grandson of Dorea Black Potter and so carries the blood of the Noble House of Black. He shall now be known as Harry James Potter-Black.

"Sharpclaw will distribute copies of the affidavit, signed by myself and witnessed by Gringott's to all members of the House of Black, the current Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, and one for the Ministry of Magic."

Sharpclaw tapped the rune again, and handed another set of parchments out. Copies went to Andromeda, Narcissa, Draco, Tonks, Dumbledore, and Amelia Bones. Sharpclaw added, "Copies of this have also been added to the vault of Bellatrix Black Lestrange."

"Now, to get to the good parts.

"This portion shall contain non-conditional bequeaths

"Andromeda Black Tonks, you shall receive G1,000,000 in recognition that she should never have lost her name for following her heart. In addition, 25% of the jewels and precious stones contained in the Black Vault. Andi, Gringott's has already deposited this in a vault set aside for you. I love you, cousin.

"Nymphadora Black Tonks (I totally love saying that without being hexed), you shall receive G500,000 directly and a G25,000 dowry, held in trust until you get married. You shall have complete control over whom you decide to wed in the future. In addition, 10% of the jewels and precious stones in the Black Vault are yours as well.

"Remus John Lupin, you are my brother in all but blood. You inherit ... a key. This key opens a vault created in your name here at Gringott's. The money in the vault is already yours as of this date and so the Ministry cannot interfere based on those bloody werewolf regulations. In the spirit of the Marauder's I task you with ensuring all of our descendants continue in the noble art.

"Arthur and Molly Weasley, there will be more later in the conditional section, but I am giving you G10,000 galleons. This might seem a small amount. but more will be explained later.

"Ronald Weasley, G500. Once again, more will be explained later.

"Ginerva Weasley, G500. Again, Later.

"William Weasley, I like you a lot. And you no longer live at home and so you have more expenses. I am leaving you with G5,000 directly and G5,000 set up as a trust for a Bride Price. You know the witch you want, so go and get her.

"Charlie Weasley, like your brother you have made your own way. I am leaving the same as I left to your older brother. G5,000 directly and G5,000 as a bride-price to whatever witch you choose. Get on the ball, man.

"Percy Weasley, who is not here, has been left out for being a prat.

"Fred and George Weasley, I leave you my shares of Zonko's, G10,000 for your business and the same setup as your brothers for another G10,000 each. And one more set of instructions: PRANK THE WORLD!!

"Hermione Granger, this is only the first part. G500 AND all of the books contained in the Black Family Library, save those that are restricted to blood relatives. Gringott's will inspect the Library upon request and remove any curses or cursed books at your request. It's better to get someone who knows what they are doing to handle that part. Any books that have been 'removed for safety reasons' or 'borrowed for personal use' MUST be returned within 7 days. Gringott's is charged with the delivery to a vault set up for this reason. Any books not returned will be chased down by the goblins and a fine of G100 for EACH BOOK shall be charged to anyone interfering with this. Sorry, Molly and Albus. You don't get to choose.

"Draco Malfoy. Okay, I don't like you. I don't trust you. I think you are an arrogant ponce. However, we ARE related by blood and as of this time you are not a Death Eater, unlike your slimy old man. I leave you with G10,000 galleons. There might be more later, but that will come in the next section.

"Narcissa Black Malfoy. We used to be much more friendly before you married aforementioned slimy git. Once again, you are blood. G10,000 galleons shall be given to you in this portion of the will. There will be more in the next section.

"Bellatrix Black Lestrange. I absolutely LOATHE her. I know she isn't here, and as such I know that she can be disqualified from any inheritance. But in the spirit of family, and the Marauders, she shall have any cursed jewels and precious stones moved to her vault. These will be worth far more than the minimum G10,000 due to family upon passing of the Head of House. Don't want any invalidations due to technicalities. Nanny-nanny boo boo.

"Minerva McGonagall. The Marauders love you, Minnie, and we know how much you love the quidditch cup. A trust of G100,000 shall be set up by Gringott's for the sole purpose of outfitting the Gryffindor Quidditch team. You made a big difference in Harry's life when you placed him on the team, and I appreciate it. The trust shall be managed by Gringott's and up to 1/2 of the principle may be used in any given year to outfit the Lions of Hogwarts. The remaining balance shall be invested by Gringott's, with a 10% commission on profits going to the goblin that manages this fund. Only the Head of House Gryffindor may authorize purchases and only Gringott's may make the purchases. I trust you, Minnie, but you never know. I'd rather keep any opportunity for future graft to a minimum. Sharpclaw will give you the parchment which contains the specifics. A copy will be sent by Gringott's to any new Head of House Gryffindor as they are appointed."

Sharpclaw paused the playback to hand Minerva the details. She looked thrilled.

"To the current Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement: I have set up an endowment fund to outfit the Aurors of the Ministry of Magic. As of this time, G5,000,000 has been added to this fund. Up to 1/4 of the principle may be used the first year and 1/10th the principle each following year. This must be authorized by the Director of the DMLE personally to Gringott's. Only two purchases per year may be made and Gringott's shall do the purchasing with a G1,000 commission going to the goblin that does the purchasing. Gringott's shall receive a 5% commission on the profits from the remaining portion of the fund, and the goblin that manages it shall receive 2%. I used to be an Auror and I know how important good equipment is for survival out there. Once again, by setting up the fund this way, I have attempted to preclude future graft. I don't trust the Ministry of Magic to handle the money directly and I DO trust the goblins. This is the best you are going to get. There is a stipulation that must be met. Each Auror receiving the benefits of this fund must pick up the purchases directly and must offer magical oath not to support Voldemort or whatever current Dark Lord is running about."

Sharpclaw paused the recording once again and handed the paperwork to Amelia. She looked over it with a smile on her face.

"And last, and least, for this section, Albus Dumbledore, former Chief of the Wizengamot, Former Supreme Mugwump of the ICW, Headmaster of Hogwarts on the run at the time of this Will, I leave you with the following. 30 sickles and the nutter house elf Kreature. That's it. I should probably let you know that as I speak, information on your dealings are being delivered to the following places: the DMLE, the Daily Prophet, WWN, the Quibbler, the ICW, the government of EVERY member nation of the ICW, and the Head of the Goblin Nation.

"Should anyone question why this is being done, I'm sure you will find out the details in tomorrow's newspapers. It should prove very enlightening.

"As this is the end of this section, and there is no longer any need for Albus Dumbledore's presence, you can get out now." The image of Sirius looked positively vicious as Sharpclaw paused it again.

Albus Dumbledore looked up in shock. "I must protest; I must be here to help advise Harry on his inheritance. I AM his current magical guardian."

Sharpclaw hit the rune once more.

"Sorry, Albus. I was Harry's magical guardian and I am now directing that Amelia Bones becomes his magical guardian now. So, once again: You are not needed anymore. Bye Bye. As an aside, it's pretty sad when the Headmaster of Hogwarts is less deserving of hearing the rest than Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape. So get up now. If you don't, the goblins will help." The image of Sirius blowing a raspberry at Dumbledore was iconic and Sharpclaw once again paused the playback.

Albus Dumbledore saw that it was pointless to protest further. Faces around the room were gobsmacked, outside of a small few. Harry and Hermione had satisfied looks. Draco and Narcissa Malfoy had smirks on their faces at the treatment the GREAT ALBUS DUMBLEDORE was receiving. They might not have agreed with their cousin, but both would admit at this point that he had style.

Severus just had a blank look on his face. There was obviously more happening than he knew.

Once the room had settled down, Sharpclaw got everyone's attention back on the proceedings. Once again, he pressed the rune on the side of the pensieve.

"Okay. For the conditional ones. I will try to do these in the order that I feel best provides safety for Harry Potter-Black. Once you are called to leave, I will politely ask -- well as politely as I can -- and at that point you will be required to leave.

"Firstly, the Weasley's. Bill, Charlie and the wonderful twins, this doesn't really apply to you, but I wanted you here to witness the result.

"Arthur, Molly, Ron and Ginny. This is the conditional portion of my Will. If you follow the conditions forthcoming, you will receive the following: Arthur and Molly Weasley, G500,000; Ronald Weasley, G10,000 with G10,000 as bride-price in trust, season tickets for the Chudley Cannons for the next 10 years; Ginerva Weasley, G10,000 and G10,000 as dowry in trust. There is one condition. You must give magical oath to Harry Potter-Black and Hermione Jane Granger separately that you will not interfere with his life or choices and will not attempt to control them with potion, charm or curse, and that you will not aid Albus Dumbledore in doing so either. I will remind you that Arthur and Ginny Weasley owe Harry a life debt. I ask that he relinquishes this debt upon receipt of the oath."

Molly, Ron and Ginny all stood up screaming invectives at Sirius's image that was visible above the pensieve when Sharpclaw paused it.

Finally Molly was heard above the din. "I will not sit here and allow my or my family's motives to be called into question by an immature, irresponsible CRIMINAL." Ron and Ginny voiced agreement with her statements and Arthur had no objection, although he didn't say anything. Sharpclaw reached out and hit the rune again.

"By now, you have either given oath or not. If you have, you can stay to the end. If not, sorry -- it was a one time offer. You are now asked politely to leave. The boys mentioned first are free to stay or go; it's up to them. Just so you know, as his magical guardian I have cancelled en-masse all Marriage Contracts for Harry James Potter-Black. Any future contract must be approved by Harry, in blood, after a thorough check by a certified healer at Gringott's that he is under no control potions, spells, charms or curses."

Sharpclaw paused the playback, and looked pointedly at the Weasley Matron. Her face, along with her daughter's, was a study in shock. They were not really prepared for that last bit. Albus had placed a contract on file that would automatically activate on Harry's 17th birthday or when he came of age. Because he didn't know about it, there was no chance that he would know to cancel it in time. However, this had now been bolloxed by Sirius and they would lose the G1,000,000 bride-price that was part of the contract.

The goblin guards started forward. Arthur took one look and began steering his wife and children out of the room. The twins decided they would stay, while Bill and Charlie decided they might need to help keep a lid on Ron and Ginny. Ron's face was red with fury as he was grabbed by Charlie and led out.

"Sorry about that, mate," Fred, or was it George, said. "I really can't believe they wouldn't give the damn oath. Do you want us to give you an oath? Cause we will if you want."

Harry sighed and shook his head. It really was too much to ask for, he guessed, to be able to trust the Weasleys again. At least the twins had apparently been on his side after all. "Nah, guys. You I trust. It's the rest of them that I have a problem with. I'll have to fill you in when I get a chance." The two twins nodded.

Sharpclaw touched the rune again to continue the playback.

"Before we continue, Severus Snape must give oath that he will not reveal the information regarding the next two bequeaths outside of this room without the permission of the person involved, and to not act contrary to their interests. Otherwise, he must leave." Severus Snape looked over at Narcissa and Draco, and he knew that these would be the next two. It was very Slytherin of Sirius Black to do it this way. If they agreed to whatever he said, he would be prevented from telling the Dark Lord, even if he wanted to -- which he did not. If they refused, they would give permission to tell the Dark Lord and their position would be more secure. He decided to give the oath. Once he finished, the playback was continued.

"Okay, Draco Malfoy. If you agree to the conditions following this, you will receive to following: G500,000 galleons upon your 20th birthday or the defeat of Voldemort, whichever comes first, in addition to what has already been given. You must not take the Dark Mark willingly and you must not be found, under Veritaserum, to have willingly aided Voldemort. You can tell Voldemort's lackey, your father, or the half-blood lord idiot himself if that's what it takes that you were required to take oath not to take the Mark to receive your inheritance. Yes, Voldemort is a half-blood. Harry can explain and show you the proof if you want at some point. You can blame me. If you take oath to this effect, your mind will be protected from his learning of this. If you take oath, you must act as a spy and also take oath not to willingly betray Harry Potter-Black, Hermione Granger or their families. This is a hard and unfair choice for you to make. But this is the real world. Wrong choices will get you killed. I'd rather my cousin Cissa not lose her only son. I should tell you that if you refuse, I recommend to the current head that you to be severed from the Black family. You will have one month to decide. If you refuse, the money will go into the Auror Equipment trust. I ask that you leave the room, regardless of your choice or current thoughts so as to protect yourself and your mother from any spy." Draco left with a thoughtful look on his face, although he was still sneering a bit.

"Cousin Narcissa. If you agree to the conditions following, you will receive the following: G1,000,000 in addition to what has already been given; 25% of the remaining jewels and precious stones from the Black Family Vault, and protection of the Black Family for yourself, and your son if he agrees to the offer made and he wants it. The conditions are as follows: You must give oath that you will not encourage your son to take the Dark Mark, you will refrain in any safe way to aid in the Death Eaters cause, and you will not willingly betray Harry Potter-Black, Hermione Granger, or their families. You have one month to decide. If you agree, Gringott's has instructions to aid you. If you do not take the oath, I recommend that the current Head of House Black annul your marriage and sever your tie to the Black family. Of course, you might ask him to annul your marriage anyway. Your choice. I now ask you to go to your son and get out of here. Once again, you might be being watched. Good luck, Cissa." Sharpclaw paused it again, and Narcissa left the room with a mask of an expression. She paused before she left the room and bowed toward Harry as her Head of House. Harry solemnly stood and bowed back. She looked at her sister in the room with some regret and left the room.

"Okay, now that that is taken care of. Severus Snape. We never really got along, but that's more my fault than anyone else's. Even James wouldn't have done as many of the pranks against you if I hadn't goaded him. We were right prats to you and I wanted to set the apology in stone for how you were treated in school because of the Marauders." Snape's eyes grew wide at this. "Now, I want your help. It isn't for me. It's to get rid of Voldemort and to help a friend who doesn't deserve the fate that was given him. Upon the completion of the conditions to be mentioned, I will provide am annual stipend of G10,000 for a salary to research a cure for lycanthropy. I have set up a fund similar to the Gryffindor Quidditch Fund (sorry, I was a Gryffindor, can't justify to myself helping the Slytherins, no offense) for research costs, up to G20,000 a year. G20,000 a year shall go to brewing wolfsbane potion as a charity grant. G10,000 shall go to the person or persons doing that brewing, separate from the money for research if it is the same Potions Master. Should a cure be found, half of the remaining funds in the trust will be given to the Potions Master who registers the cure and the other half shall be used to provide the cure to werewolves. The conditions are as follows: You must offer oath that you will not betray Harry Potter-Black to his death or the death of Hermione Granger or their families. I know you are a spy and I cannot ask for the oath that was requested of Narcissa and Draco, so I won't even try. You must also offer oath the help shield Harry Potter-Black from the manipulations of Albus Dumbledore to the best of your ability. Once again, you can't promise that you can stop him, only that you will try. And finally, once Voldemort is defeated, you will live your life as you see fit. Stop being under the control of a manipulative bastard if that's what you want. What do you say?" Sharpclaw paused the recording.

Severus thought about it for a few minutes. There was nothing in what Black asked that he really disagreed with. He didn't feel it was very Slytherin to perform the oath in front of the remaining witnesses however, and so he asked, "Must I decide now, or can I have time to think the offer over?"

Sharpclaw deferred to Harry. "You will have one month and two days to decided. I will not force you to give that oath without knowing what decisions your godson and his mother make." Snape nodded his head to Harry with the smallest amount of respect and swept from the room. Sharpclaw tapped the pensieve.

"Okay. At this point, I ask that everyone except Remus, Tonks, the twins if Harry agrees, Amelia, Hermione, and Harry himself leave the room. Secrecy is tantamount at this point. It's not that I don't trust you, but you have to earn Harry's trust on your own. The people left, I will not force."

Sharpclaw paused it again. Andromeda Tonks hugged her daughter as Minerva McGonagall made her way to Harry. "I do now know, Mr. Potter-Black, any information as to where you are staying. I must warn you that there will probably be an Order guard waiting for you outside. I will not make any more statements or promises until I hear the information that was mentioned earlier. Does this satisfy you?" Harry nodded his head and hugged his Head of House. She left the room with a tear in her eye.

Andromeda Tonks made her way to Harry and bowed to him as her Head of House. He bowed back. He then received a massive hug. Ted shook his hand and the two made their way out. Sharpclaw continued with the last of the reading.

"Okay, now for the last bit. The rest of this will include non-conditional stuff and the last of my comments.

"Amelia, you have been pranked -- kind of. As part of my Last Will and Testament, I, Sirius Orion Black, Current Head of the Noble House of Black, hereby emancipate Harry James Potter-Black and direct that all guardianships muggle and magical shall be released. Sharpclaw will submit the paperwork to the proper authorities and ensure that it is legal and above-board.

"Harry, I know that you have had a hard life. It hasn't been easy dealing with your horrible relatives on one side and Dark Lord on the other with a manipulative old man in the middle. You need to live your own life on your own terms. If I know you, and I think I do, I know you will eventually beat that slimy snake and send him to Hell right where he deserves.

"I recommend that you tell that beautiful witch sitting nearby exactly how you feel and stop being so noble about it. It isn't THAT attractive.

"Hermione, and yes you're the witch I was referring to, you need to get out of your own head and tell the noble prat you're with exactly how you feel. Watching you two dance around has been almost painful.

"Hermione, I am also leaving an additional G500,000 for you. I didn't want to let on earlier. Let the the others know what you want them to know, but if the remaining folks don't tell, no one will know.

"Harry, Remus and Tonks have already given oath to support you in your fight with Voldemort and to help to do an end-run around Dumbledore as needed. You have to have some allies on your side and these two will make some good ones.

"Everything that is left of the Noble House of Black, which is a considerable amount even AFTER the fees that will be paid to Gringott's for doing this are enough to allow you to do whatever you want for the rest of your life. Blow it if you want, hoard it, hide it, flaunt it. I don't care. You already got the girl, so you don't have to waste money on that. But spending money on a pretty witch isn't wasting money either.

"Hermione, don't protest. You know it will make Harry happy to spoil you. You sensible bookworm types are all alike. I knew Lily and so I can predict how you will react. Just go with the flow. You'll be happier, trust me.

"Well, this is Sirius Orion Black, Marauder Extraordinaire, signing off. Don't grieve too much, pup. I'll be hanging with my other best friend and pranking the angels or demons, no matter where I end up. Once a Marauder, always a Marauder. Drink a toast towards the Dog Star for me. And, Remus, I don't want to see you up here anytime soon. Take the pink-haired girly on a date in some nice robes. You have the money. Trust me.

"Love you pup. See you in a hundred years or so."

The image of Sirius faded back into the pensieve and Harry finally grieved for the godfather he had lost.