Unofficial Portkey Archive

14 Days and 14 Nights by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

14 Days and 14 Nights

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 13

Draco didn't know what was more bizarre. The fact that he was slipping and sliding with the people he went out of his way to insult and ridicule for all his years at Hogwarts? Or the fact that he was enjoying slipping and sliding with the people he went out of his way to insult and ridicule. Either way, the whole situation was extremely bizarre.

His father wouldn't have approved, he thought as he pulled himself out of the water and headed up to the slide once again. Maybe that was one of the reasons he was enjoying himself, because now one of his favorite things to do was to insult and ridicule his old man. For so long he tried so damn hard to have his approval, now he didn't want anything to do with it. His father could take his approval and shove it up his own ass as far as he was concerned.

He was having a good time, damn it, and what the hell was wrong with that? He thought as he pushed himself off onto the slide headfirst after Luna had safely made it down. Why did his father always feel that foolishness such as this was an idiotic waste of time? His loss. My gain.

As he dove into the water, he continued to swim over to the other end of the pool to where the chairs were. As fun as he was having, he needed a break from the slides. Running up to the slides over and over again was exhausting.

"Had enough?"

Draco pushed himself out of the pool and grabbed his towel. "For now," he told Harry who was the only other one by the chairs. The rest were still enjoying the slide. "You?"

"I had taken a break to go and ask Claudia to bring some sandwiches out at lunch time, then decided to come back here. Turns out that watching people slide down a slide over and over again can be just as fun."

Draco turned his head towards the slide just as Ginny's infectious laughter rang out before hitting the water. "Yeah. I guess."

"Hermione kissed me."

Draco whipped his head back. "I'm sorry?" He wiggled his ears to see if there was water in it. "What did you say?"

"She kissed me," he blurted out and frowned slightly. He hadn't planned on telling anyone, let alone Draco Malfoy, but couldn't seem to stop it. "It wasn't a big deal."

"I beg to differ," Draco said as he plopped down on the edge of his chaise.

"It wasn't," he repeated and shook his head. "I'm not explaining this right…I didn't mean to blurt it out like that. She was just proving a point…it was meant to be friendly."

He lifted a brow. "Meant?"

"No…no, it was friendly," he added quickly when he realized what he said. "That's what she was trying to prove. I was teasing her kind of, stating there was no such thing as a friendly kiss on the lips. I had seen her kissing Ron earlier and she had said it was just friendly. That's how it all started."

"I see." He leaned forward and rested his forearms on his knees. "So, she kissed you to prove there was such a thing as a friendly kiss and-what? Did you prove her wrong?"

"Yes-I mean, no," he stuttered and then let out a frustrating sigh. "I don't know-I just know the kiss wasn't as-harmless-as I thought it would be."

"Interesting."

"No, don't look at me like that," Harry said with narrowed eyes. "It's not what you think-I don't have feelings for Hermione."

"Don't you?"

"Of course not-I mean, not that she's not wonderful or anything, she is-any guy would be damn lucky to have her, but-I couldn't possibly-I mean, she's Hermione and-I'm Harry. We're friends. Just friends. That's how it has always been between us and that's how it should be."

Draco shook his head slowly and let out a sigh. "Potter-I know in the past I've called you about every name in the book, but this time I'm saying it as a-well, I won't say friend because I don't believe we are there yet, so I'll say an acquaintance. Potter? You're an idiot."

Harry pursed his lips. "I don't know if this way is any better."

Ignoring him, he flew up his hands angrily in the air. "Who fucking cares if you and Hermione have always been friends? Is it written somewhere that you two can't be anything but? Is it destined in the stupid stars or something?"

"Well, I-"

"If you think you might like her, just go for it-stop being such a pussy, for Merlin's sake."

Harry's jaw dropped. "You just called me a pussy."

"Yeah, I did-and that's me being nice about it."

Harry shook his head clear. "Okay, look-even if you were right-not about the whole pussy thing, that's ridiculous, but-even if I might have feelings for her, I still have Ron to consider. I mean, now they're just friends but-"

"The hell with Ron."

Harry blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Sorry-that came out wrong," Draco said and then let out a laugh. "Old habits die hard. What I meant was-don't worry about Weasley right now. Just-go for it."

"Go for it?" Harry repeated.

"Yeah-look, you don't have to go over and jump her bones or anything…"

"Jeez, Malfoy."

"I'm not saying that. I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to keep your mind open about it, instead of trying to push it away. That's all."

"Huh." He pondered a moment before pointing a finger at him. "Okay, that doesn't seem as bad. Just-keep my mind open?"

"About what?"

"What?" Harry blinked up and then felt his stomach pitch slightly at the sight of Hermione emerging from the pool in front of him, looking all damp and half naked in her red bikini. "Hermione-hey, I-er, we were just…talking."

"I can see that," she said with a slight smile as she rung out her hair before stretching out on her chaise. "What about?"

"Nothing special. So, are you having fun?" Harry asked, hoping to change the subject.

"A blast. But I needed a break." She sighed as she leaned all the way back and closed her eyes. "I just felt like lying here like a vegetable for awhile."

"Uh-huh," he said, only half paying attention. He couldn't seem to stop his eyes from wandering slowly down her body while her own eyes were shut. Then he looked up to see Draco staring at him with a grin on his face as he wiggled his eyebrows. Harry just scowled before turning his attention front and center.

"Hey guys," Ginny said as she walked up to them. "That was fun, huh? Wears you out, though."

"Hasn't seem to slow down Ron or Luna," Draco said as he watched them both swim to the side of the pool for another run.

"It'll hit him eventually." Ginny stretched sat on her chaise. "I could lie out here all day. Harry? Why don't we all just live here for the rest of our lives and never go back to reality?"

Harry chuckled. "Tempting, but then again, this place would lose it's magic if we were here all the time."

Ginny sighed. "I guess you have a point. Well, we should all come back to this place then. Once a year or something."

"You say that now, but a lot can happen in two weeks."

Ginny glanced up at Draco. "I guess you also have a point. Still, so far you've proven you're not the complete asshole you use to be."

"That's touching, Red. Really-it get's me right here."

Ginny laughed when he tapped his chest over his heart. "I do what I can."

Harry looked over at Hermione and by the look on her face he could tell she was thinking the he was. Red? He mouthed to her and she responded by clueless shake of her head, telling him she wasn't sure what was going on between them. "Interesting," he murmured under his breath.

"Very," she mumbled back before glancing over at the mysterious couple again.

Draco was right, she thought as she watched Ginny throw a classic flirtatious smile over at Malfoy. A lot can happen in two weeks. She looked over at Harry and felt her heart shudder beneath her chest when she thought of the kiss they shared. A hell of a whole lot.

XXX

Claudia had brought a tray full of finger sandwiches a little after one and everyone horded around the circular table under the umbrella. Everyone needed a small break from the sun, as they munched on egg salad sandwiches and salty, greasy potato chips.

"This is really good," Ron said with a mouthful of egg salad and chips. "I mean…really good."

"I'm going to get fat," Ginny said with a slight pout as she grabbed another sandwich. "I just know it."

"The house came with a workout room," Harry said before washing down his food with a Dr. Pepper. "Treadmills, weights and all that."

"Good…what's a treadmill?"

"It's a workout machine muggles use," Hermione explained as she pushed her plate away. "You walk or run on it and you don't go anywhere."

Ginny blinked. "How does that work?"

Hermione laughed. "It's hard to explain, but you'll understand once you see it."

"Any other rooms you got in your fortress you haven't told us yet, Potter?" Draco asked.

"I don't think so-oh, I have a bowling alley. Have I told you that?"

"You told us you had a game room."

"No, that's a separate room with pinball machines, pool tables and such-the bowling alley is in adjoining room next to it."

"I love bowling," Hermione said. "I remember my parents taking me once when I was little."

"I'm going to start sounding repetitive," Ginny said with a sigh. "But what's bowling?"

"I wonderful pastime for muggles," Harry said with a grin. "We'll have to save it for a rainy day. It'll be fun."

After lunch, everyone went back out into the sun, but it wasn't long after they all went to cool off into the pool. They all hunkered down into the cool, soothing water as they lingered in a circle, conversations merged here and there within the group.

"Hey, we should play a game," Luna finally suggested as she playfully floated onto her back. "Like-a water game or something."

"What do you have in mind?" Ron asked, looming over her as she floated by.

"I don't know many games," she said as she sunk back down on her feet. "You have to have friends to play games, right? So I never really played anything like that growing up."

Ron felt his heart break for the little girl as he ran a hand gently down her hair. "Well, you have friends now."

"Yes." She smiled up at him, pleasure blooming in her cheeks. "Yes, I do."

"What about Marco Polo?" Hermione suggested. "That's a fun game. My parents played it with me during the summer."

"That's when someone closes their eyes and yells out, `Marco', right?" Harry asked.

"Exactly, then we all say, `Polo' and the person who's it has to find us."

"That's sounds fun," Luna said clapping her hands. "Let's play that."

"We could play boys against girls?" Hermione suggested. "That might make it more fun rather than one person being it."

Harry grinned. "I second that. Guys will be it first."

"Wait, wait," Draco said holding up his hands. "Let me see if I get this game straight. We have to close our eyes and say `Marco' and they have to say `Polo' and with the sound of their voices we have to figure out where they are and, what?-grab them?"

Hermione nodded. "That's pretty much it."

"Well. That sounds-fantastic. I'm definitely in."

"Okay, okay, let's lay down some rules here," Hermione started.

"Typical," Ron muttered under his breath.

"No splashing the person who is seeking," she stated, ignoring Ron's remark. "And once a person get's someone, they are out of the game. Only one guy or one girl can find one person. Oh, and no one is allowed to leave the pool."


"Is there any score keeping?" Luna asked.

"Nah, this is just for fun," Harry said with a wave. "Let's do it."

"You guys go over to the deep end and turn your backs around," Hermione said, shoving Harry away. "Give us a few seconds to scatter."

"I'm coming for you, Granger," Harry warned playfully.

"You have to get me first, Potter," she teased and gave him another shove. "Now get…and no peaking at any time boys!"

"You know, Malfoy," Ron said once they were draped over the pool wall while they waited for the girls to get ready. "I'm surprised you're doing this. Not too cool for you?"

"Not at all," he said with a smirk. "Any game that involves me chasing after pretty girls is okay in my book."

Ron scowled while Harry snorted back a chuckle. "Yeah, well-just watch where you put those hands when you make the grab."

"I'll be sure I do."

He narrowed his eyes. "That didn't make me feel any better."

Draco just shrugged. "Sorry."

"Okay, girls!" Harry yelled over his shoulder. "We're coming, ready or not!

"Hey, wait," Draco said as he grabbed his arm before he could push off. "Maybe we should go one at a time? That way we won't run into each other like a bunch of idiots."

"The man's got a point," Ron said.

"Yeah, good idea. Okay, who's up first?"

"I'll go," Draco said almost right away. "It'll be my pleasure."

"He's entirely too happy about this game," Ron grumbled.

Harry chuckled. "Hey girls! We're going one at a time and Malfoy is up first! They're all yours, Malfoy. Go for it."

Draco closed his eyes on a grin and then slipped into the water and pushed off. Look out, Red, he thought as he glided through the water. I'm coming for you.

-->