Unofficial Portkey Archive

14 Days and 14 Nights by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

14 Days and 14 Nights

Harrys Mistress

I'm baaaaaaack!!! I'm sure a lot of you thought I died or fell off the face of the earth or something, but thankfully none of those are true. There are a lot of reasons why it's been taking me so long to update. The holidays and work and all that stuff have been a big part of it, plus my best friend got married in March so I was swamped with wedding stuff. Another reason was, that I wasn't really into Harry Potter like I use to be. I had other stuff that kind of pulled me away. Like the Hunger Games and other things like that…I even became obsessed with iCarly because my niece got me into it. I even wrote a small Seddie fic. I finally watched the latest HP movie a few days ago (I know, right? Long story on why that is.) Anyway, that kind of got me going again…especially the sweet H/Hr scenes. Then, I started to reread Love Lost. Love Found, and read all your comments and it made me realize how much I've missed you guys. Luckily, I had started this update months ago, so it didn't take me long to finish it. I wish it was super long, but it's a normal length. I'm hoping hearing all your wonderful reviews will get me back into this story. I really needed something to re-awaken it. I'm so sorry for leaving ya'll hanging, and I hope you guys can forgive me! I promise that I will not go that long without an update again!! That was just ridiculous!! Hope this update makes up for it and please review and tell me how ya'll have been! Missed you guys so much!

Much love,

~HM

Chapter 30

The scream that erupted from Ginny was loud and shrilly enough to burst an eardrum. They were out on his veranda and Harry had just gestured to the yacht parked at his dock.

"On that?" she had exclaimed as she gripped his arm tight enough to cut off his circulation.

"Yes, we..."

It was all he was able to get out before the screaming and jumping officially began. She then grabbed Luna and practically dragged her down to the docks.

"Slow down, I might trip and fall on my face!"

"We better get down there before they leave without us," Harry said as he threw an arm around Hermione's shoulder

"Not too shabby, Potter," Draco said as he and Ron followed behind him. " But I've been on a bigger one before.

Harry snorted while Ron rolled his eyes. "Leave it to you to make it a competition."

He shrugged. " Habit I guess."

By the time they made it down, Ginny and Luna were already on board with a glass of champagne in their hand. "Isn't this great?" Ginny said with a delighted laugh as she did a quick spin. "Let's go check out the front."

She surprised Draco by grabbing his hand and yanked him forward. He barely had the chance to snag a glass of champagne before he stumbled after her. "Jeez, woman…simmer down."

Luna noticed Ron frowning after them, so she quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him aside. "Let's go sit over by the railing, Ron."

"Well, I…." He was about to comment on Ginny and Draco, but the platter of delicious finger foods Luna was leading him towards distracted him. "Are those quesadillas?"

Harry chuckled into his champagne. "Well done, Luna." He then grabbed Hermione's hand as the yacht slowly pulled away from the dock. "Let's go up to the top level."

Hermione plucked the last glass of champagne from the tray the gentlemen in the starch white uniform was holding, before letting Harry pull her towards the first set of stairs. "Are we going all the way up?" she asked as they made it up to the second level.

"Yep…I'm thinking it's the best view on the yacht."

"I bet and…oh, my god…that's a pool." Hermione stared at the rectangular pool big enough for the six of them with room to spare in wonder. "Harry, there's a pool on the yacht."

"Yes, there is," Harry confirmed. "You've always been very bright, Hermione."

She responded with a punch in the arm. "Shut up. I just didn't expect a floating pool, is all."

He just smiled. "Who does? C'mon…let's go spy on Draco and Ginny."

Hermione laughed as they walked around the pool and up the second ladder to the top. "You're horrible," she said and then laughed again when they reached the top and noticed the telescope perched on the edge of the rail. "That's probably for whale or dolphin watching…not spying on friends."

Harry grinned as he took a peak into the telescope. "It can be for lots of things….Oh, wow…look at them go."

`What? Let me see, let me see!" Hermione exclaimed as he shoved him aside and eagerly peaked through the scope to see…nothing. Hermione slowly lifted her head and scowled at him. "You didn't take the cap off."

Harry laughed like a loon, ignoring Hermione's slaps and pushes. "Oh, that was classic."

"I hate you," she said and gave him one last slap, but couldn't help the laugh that slipped out of her.

Harry grinned as he took the cap off. "Want to take a peek at the view?"

"Bet your adorable ass I do." She gave him a nudge. "Move over, Potter."

Harry's jaw dropped as he staggered back. "Adorable ass? I have an adorable ass?"

"You sure do," she said as she closed one eye and peaked through the scope and then maneuvered the telescope until Ginny and Draco came into view. They were standing side by side at the bow of the ship and Hermione watched Draco's arm lift up and around Ginny, then hesitating before bringing it back to his side. "Awww."

"What?" Harry asked as he poked her.

"Draco just tried to put on arm around her, but chickened out."

"Really?" Harry said with interest as he looked down at them without the telescope. "Hey, they kind of remind me of Jack and Rose from Titanic."

Hermione busted out a laugh as she lifted her head. "That's so true!"

Harry took the telescope and swiveled it away. "That's enough spying on our friends." He snaked an arm around her and pulled her close. "I'd rather take advantage of this rare opportunity of alone time."

She slid her arms up and around his neck. "Fabulous idea," she murmured seconds before their lips touched.

"Ron, what exactly is this?" Luna asked as she turned her attention away from the ocean, to Ron.

"A really, really good quesadilla," he said with his mouth half full and then shoved one in her face. "Try it."

She leaned back and waved it away from her. "No, no…not that." She huffed out a breath and snagged the food out of his hand and plopped it on the plate. "I meant us."

Ron blinked. "Us?" He quickly swallowed the rest of his food. "What about us?"

"Exactly." She lifted an awkward shoulder. "I'm not sure what exactly is happening between us."

"Neither do I." He shifted his body and attention more towards her. "But I like it."

She sighed. "You also like those quesadillas."

"Yes, but I don't particularly like to snog them."

"So…that's all there is between us? A good snog? Maybe a shag here and there?"

"Of course not," he balked as he reached out and grabbed her hand. "Luna, how could you even think that?"

"I don't," she said quickly, but then shrugged. "Exactly."

"Luna…"

"It's just, that I'm the one that started this whole thing," Luna rambled on nervously. "I'm the one that jumped you on the stairway."

"Yes, I remember that quite well." He reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "You also beat me to it by about thirty seconds. I was teasing with you, Luna, because I liked how flustered you were. I would have eventually kissed you."

A hint of pleasure bloomed inside her. "Really?"

He grinned as he lifted her hand and kissed her knuckle. "Really. Luna, I thought you knew how I felt. This isn't just some summer fling for me."

She closed her eyes as she looked down. "I knew that, deep down, but I guess I needed to make sure. I've had feelings for you for so long, Ronald…and your feelings are new and fresh. I guess I'm just scared that you'll change your mind and realize you only see me as your wacky friend."

"Luna, for the longest time, you were just my adorably weird friend." He smiled as he framed her face with his hands. "But a fantastic kiss on the stairs changed all that. These feelings I have for you are definitely new and fresh, like you said, but I can promise you that they won't be fading anytime soon. Or ever."

"Oh, Ronald," she said with a sniffle. "That's the sweetest thing."

Ron brought her towards him until their lips met in a softly, lingering as their lips absorbed, before sinking into a kiss that left them both trembling. "Get over here," he murmured as he pulled her towards him until she was cradled into his lap. "That's better."

She sighed as she tucked her head under his chin while they both looked out into the ocean. "Much better."

Ten minutes later, they were still holding each other when Ginny and Draco walked up. "Aww, you two look so cute," Ginny said.

Luna looked up and smiled. "I know."

"I honestly don't know what you see in him, Luna," Draco said and then grinned. "Why don't you ditch him and come run away with me?"

Luna laughed while Ron scowled. "Very funny, Malfoy."


"Who's joking?"

Ginny chuckled, but gave him a nudge. "Knock it off."

He just grinned. "Where's Harry and Hermione? I'm ready to dive into those coolers Claudia packed for us."

"I saw them head up to the second level," Ron said, giving Luna a quick kiss on the temple before shifting away. "I'll go get them. Save me a chicken salad if there's one in the cooler."

Draco watched him go, before turning back to the others. "Does he know what's going on between them? Or is he likely in for a shock if he finds them lip to lip?"

"I reckon he does," Ginny said as he lifted the first cooler for a quick peak. "I recognized something between them almost right away."

"Yes, but Ron is more delusional about these things," Luna pointed out.

"True, but even he can't be that thick."

Draco plopped down next to Luna and stretched out his legs. "Has he said anything to you about it?"

"No." She frowned into her glass. "You don't suppose he still has feelings for her?"

"Hermione?" Ginny shook her head on a laugh. "Absolutely not. He only has eyes for you, Luna, so not to worry."

"And if the idiot does break your heart, you and I can always run away together." Draco threw a friendly arm around her. "Red's a heartbreaker, so she'll be breaking my heart for sure."

Ginny just rolled her eyes, while Luna laughed. "You're so full of it, Malfoy. If any hearts are going to be broken, it'll be mine."

"We'll just have to wait and see then, won't we?" He then grinned and gave her a wink.

Harry pulled away from Hermione on a reluctant groan. "We better head back down. I'm sure they're wondering where we are."

She gave a little sigh. "Yeah, probably right," she agreed but instead of leaving, they simply held each other and lingered. "Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"When do you want to tell Ron about us?"

"Well, a part of him probably already knows something is going on, but we can tell him whenever you want to. Right now even."

She leaned back to look up at him. "Really?"

"Sure," he said with a smile. "In fact, let's go down right now and make the announcement to everyone. I don't want to hide our relationship anymore, frankly, I don't know why we ever did."

Hermione smiled as she felt her heart tumble in her chest. "I feel the same way."

Harry framed her face while leaning down for a soft, lingering kiss. "Let's go then."

They both turned together towards the stairs that led down to the second level, only to find the stairs blocked by their best friend. "Ron," Harry stammered. "We were just coming down to…"

"Make a special announcement," he finished for him as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, I know, but you guys kind of already announced it without realizing it."

"How long have you been standing there?"

His eyes shifted from Harry to Hermione. "Long enough."

"Ron." Hermione took a hesitant step towards him. "We were just…"

"Heading downstairs to make a happy announcement," he finished for her in a sarcastic tone. "Yeah, I heard…what I don't understand is why you kept it from me in the first place."

"Because at the time it was none of your business."

"Harry!" Hermione gasped.

"Well, it wasn't," he said forcefully. "Not at first at least. Is it now? Absolutely…that's why we were going down to talk to you about it."

Ron crossed his arms defensively across his chest. "I always knew there was something going on between the two of you."

"Ron, don't start that again," Hermione sighed. "There was nothing going on between us back then…I promise."

"She's right, Ron," Harry said as he leaned back against the rail. "This just happened…very suddenly…it was a surprise to us both."

Ron nodded. "I believe you in that sense, but there was always something between the two of you that I was never a part of, no listen," he added when they were about to argue. "The two of you have always been…a unit…from day one. You finished each other's sentences…you always seemed to know what the other was thinking…it was maddening growing up with. I liked you back then, Hermione, and it was always so frustrating to know that you and I never had that same connection."

Hermione's eyes softened. "Ron, we had a connection, it was just…"

"Not as strong," Ron finished for her. "It's something I've always known…even Ginny…she and I talked about it quite a bit. We were always worried that one day you two would get together."

Harry straightened himself from the railing and slid up next to Hermione, wrapping an arm around her waist…making him a unit like Ron had called them. "And what do you think about us now, Ron?"

Ron took a moment to study his two best friends and waited for the hurt and anger that he always felt would come if they ever got together. It never came. Looking at them now, he still saw them as his best friends…them being together didn't change that…and that's what mattered most.

"I think," he started as he slid his hands in his pockets and grinned. "That the two of you look so cute it makes me want to throw up."

Hermione let out a joyous laugh as she flew her arms around him. "Oh, Ron….you've always had such a way with words."

Ron grinned at Harry over her shoulder. "Thanks," he said and then leaned back to kiss her on the cheek. "Happy for you…for both of you."

Harry playfully pushed Hermione aside. "All right, my turn," he said and wrapped his arms around him in a hard, manly hug.

Ron chuckled as he returned the hug. "She's way too good for you, you know?"

"Yeah, I know," he said with a grin as they parted. "Lucky me."

"Lucky you," he said and than rolled his eyes. "Blimey, Hermione, are you crying?"

"No!" she sniffled as she wiped away a tear. "Oh, shut up."

Harry chuckled as he pulled her to his side and kissed the top of her head. "Well, now that we are all friends again, why don't we go down to the others and have some lunch."

"Sounds good," Ron said as he rubbed is hands in anticipation. "I'm starved."

"Wait a minute," Hermione said as she stopped Ron by grabbing his arm. "I think we need to talk about what's going on with you and Miss Luna."

Ron blushed. "Er…we do?"

Hermione grinned. "Sure, do…you gave us a hard time with not telling you about us, so it's our turn to give you a hard time."

"Well, obviously I wasn't keeping it much of a secret since you knew about it…anyway, there's not much to tell. She jumped me on the stairway the other day and snogged the hell out of me and I've been crazy about her ever since."

Harry grinned. "Nice."

He returned the grin. "It was very nice."

Hermione rolled her eyes and then just laughed. "Well, I'm happy for you both. I think you guys make quite a pair."

He grinned. "Thanks…now can we go eat?"

"Yes," she exasperated. "Now we can go."

"Well, he handled that well," Harry murmured to Hermione as Ron went ahead. "Now we just have to see how he handles when he finds out about Ginny and Draco."

"I'm guessing not as well."

"Ditto."

-->