Unofficial Portkey Archive

Close Your Eyes by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Close Your Eyes

gypsybaby21

Charmeuse - It's a satin-finished silk fabric…Enjoy!

::Waking Up to You::

Hermione leapt out of bed as a crash and a loud yelp came from downstairs. Her eyes dashed around the room, taking the contents in, and at that moment she realized where she was. Hermione relished in the fact that she had slept in Harry's bed and held back a squeal of girlish delight. Even though the sheets had been changed and were clean they smelled of Harry and Hermione was giddy with the fact that his scent gently clung to her skin. It was light, but it was there.

Staying in her silky short nightgown Hermione sauntered downstairs to see what the commotion was about, but as soon as she got to the kitchen she wished she had stayed up stairs.

It was a disaster area.

"What in the-" Hermione started as her eyes took in each little speckle of flour, butter, and spilled syrup that had been splattered in the kitchen. "Aw, you guys making me breakfast in bed?" she smiled teasingly.


Hermione snorted and shook her head. The boys fidgeted uncomfortably as Hermione's gaze quickly darted over their filthy clothing and hair, grimacing at the sight. They too were covered in flour, butter, and syrup…thankfully not the massive amounts of pans that had fallen on the floor.

Harry gave her a sheepish look and turned to look at Ron.

"We were trying to make you a muggle breakfast." Ron grinned.

Hermione curled her lips, trying desperately to keep her face from cracking into a grin, and squinted her eyes. She lifted her nose in the air and took a big whiff. "Pancakes?"

"Yes."

Hermione sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "And you were making it the muggle way because-?"

Ron cringed and glared at Harry. "Harry claimed that it was better this way. He failed to mention how hard and dirty it was."

"It is better this way-when Aunt Petunia made them-or it could've been that because I had to sneak them they were cold and a day old."

Hermione curled her nose in disgust. "Ewe day old pancakes?"

"Hey, I took whatever I could get. Maybe I just got used to the taste. Now, who's going to clean up this mess and make breakfast?" Harry asked rhetorically as he started to pick things up.

Ron, not taking the inserted hidden meaning hint of what Harry said and looked hopefully towards Hermione.

She snorted in amusement and rolled her eyes. "Please! You made the mess you clean it, besides I'd probably do worse then you if I had to cook it the muggle way. I'd burn the kitchen down."

Ron frowned obviously not amused about that fact as he dusted his red flour-dusted hair. "But you're a-"

"Oh please don't give me that!" she scolded.

Harry stood up. "Don't start Ron, the last thing we need is another strike for some sort of rights."

Hermione raised her eyebrow, challenging him. "Elves have the right to have rights. I still believe that, even though some of them are too petrified to even think it. I did however help a lot become independent and they are very happy."

A ring came from Hermione's cell phone and Ron's eyes lit up with childish joy. "It's that machine again!" he cried out gleefully as he dashed towards it.

Hermione laughed at his enthusiasm. "You are such a wizard-"

Ron clucked his tongue, his high of happiness slowly dissipating. "That's right, keep insulting yourself!"

"BUT then again that's not a bad thing. It's my cell phone though by the way," Hermione grinned as she ran to her purse, bent down, and like a pro snapped the silver mouthpiece down. "Hermione Granger here."

"'Mi it's me! You aren't going to believe this-" Maya cried out.

Hermione felt her eyes widen at the hundreds of words that came out of Maya's mouth a minute.

"Whoa, Maya, slow down."

"Hermione, he took Janie and Caitlin from Jo."

She felt pains of shock and terror course through her veins as she pulled the cell phone away from her ear and stared at the phone. "What? What happened to Derek?"

"Damnit Hermione, that bastard paid the bodyguard to leave."

Hermione glared and began pacing through the cluttered kitchen, picking up pieces of plastic and pans out of habit.


"Hermione you don't have to help-" Harry started.

"It helps me think," Hermione stated softly to him as she listened to Maya.

Harry smiled softly and looked down at his feet. "Oh."

"What are we going to do Hermione?"

Biting her lip she sighed. "Judge Gordy gave Temporary Custody to Joann over the kids and he only has visitation rights every other weekend under supervision. This isn't Sebastian's weekend and I know he doesn't have supervision…we take this to the police he's charged with kidnapping and-"

"So you want me to call the police?"

"Of course."

Maya sniffled. "I'm sorry I didn't think of that-I just got a bit riled. Now I know why it's advised not to get close to your clients."

Hermione smiled absently into the phone. "Call the police and give me the update as soon as possible and I need you to send me Darien's files."

There was a pause on the other end. "Um-your way?"

"It would be faster."

"Alright, just let me remember how I get to that owl place…"

Hermione groaned. "Maya, how many times did I show you? Oh bother! Send the owl as soon as possible and I'll send you that sleeping potion you love so much, right?"

"Yay!"

Hermione envisioned Maya throwing her hands in the air and jumping for joy. She shook her head viciously as the thought of Jo's kids filled her mind. "How long ago did he take them May?"

"Well I got the call like three minutes ago, the first thing I did was call you. Joann said they have been gone no longer than half an hour. I guess he knocked her out."

Hermione inserted her index finger into her mouth and nibbled on the tip nervously. "He hasn't left the state yet that's for damn sure," she ran a hand through her rumpled frizzy hair and bit her lip. "Tell the police to check his office and the city bank. I'm pretty sure he's been embezzling from his work and transferring some of the banks money into one of his out-of-states accounts. If I'm right, but really when am I not, he'll want to get a couple more million into the accounts."

"Right-o boss lady. Talk to you later!"

Hermione heard the other end of the line click off. She rested three fingers against her lips and frowned.

"Everything okay?" Harry asked from behind her.

Hermione bowed her head and turned. "E-" she gulped as her eyes stared into his black clothed chest. He was so close that she could smell his light scent and if she had the guts she could move slightly and be able to kiss the side of his neck. She shook her head at her immature thought and lifted her head to look into his oak evergreen eyes. "Everything is fine!"

Ron let out an irritated sigh. "Would you two stop ogling each other and help me clean up? Do I have to do everything around here?"

Harry snorted and Ron a knowing look.

Hermione, still looking at Harry, or rather his turned neck, shook her head. "We all know Ron, that you're the slob."

Ron dropped a pan and lifted his head up from his crouched position. "I am not!"

Hermione lifted her nose and took one last huge breath of Harry before she turned her eyes towards Ron and walked over to him. Harry and Hermione both missed the surprise look Ron had thrown towards his best friends' actions.

~Hmm, does she think I didn't see that? ~ Ron thought to himself as he watched them standing side by side picking up pieces of clumped butter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took them a total of two hours to clean the kitchen, make an edible breakfast, and eat it, until they got back to the journal.

"Finally! I don't think I could have waited another second," Harry mumbled to them.

Ron flopped down on the couch in a lying position.

"Sit up Ron-what are you doing?" Harry asked trying to be as polite as possible to him.

Ron lifted an eyebrow. "You two can sit over there!"

Hermione followed Ron's arrogant nod towards single reclining chair. Harry snorted with anger.

"There are two of us and one of you, you go sit over there."

"No, this is my bed for the time being that Hermione stays here so go over there. It's not like Hermione's never sat in your lap. What's the problem with it now?" Ron asked, silently knowing exactly what was wrong with it.

"Fine, I'll sit on the floor," Harry sighed, defeated.

"I'll have none of that Harry Potter! Sit, it's not like I'm going to break you," Hermione exclaimed in irritation. "Are you trying to tell me I'm fat?"

Harry's eyes widened and he shook his head so hard that Hermione feared it would snap off.

Hermione grinned. "Harry, don't worry, I haven't turned into Cho over night," she teased.

Cho had constantly asked that question of Harry and Hermione knew the fear it put into him.

"Let's hope not," Ron provided grinning up at his best friend.

Harry plopped down into the chair. Hermione took a deep breath and sat herself on his lap, swinging her legs over the arm and settling her bottom between his thighs. She rested her head against the back of the other armchair preparing to read.

Harry held back a groan as his groin perked up a bit at the foreign body situated on top of him. Her sweet smell permeating his senses and he got the slight smell of them mixed together. Harry silently wondered what it would be like to wake up with her scent clinging to him as Hermione began to read.

::Fades Away::

Lily rested her fingers against her stomach as tears of joy slipped down her cheeks. "I can't believe it. Oh Jamie, we're pregnant!" she whispered softly against the side of his cheek.

James stirred slightly, but didn't awake from his sleep. Lily trailed kisses down his neck and then gently kissed his lips before leaving the room.

Refusing to see anyone covered in black soot Lily…

::Fades Away::

Hermione paused as Harry shifted beneath her allowing her to feel the bulge that had formed in his pants.

Harry felt her stiffen slightly at the feel of him brushing against her bottom. He swallowed as her eyes contacted his with surprise, a deep crimson blush staining her cheeks with embarrassment. He expected her to pull away, but instead she gave him a small innocent smile, bit her lip, and went back to reading. As she read Harry smiled down at the side of her face-her reaction to his heated body wasn't what he expected, but it did manage to make him relax enough to wrap his arm around her waist, allowing him to be closer to her, but knowing Hermione was innocent enough to believe that he was going for comfort, and not for the feel of her rounded butt to be pushed harder against his groin.

Harry knew he was treading on thin ice, but he couldn't help it, she felt good, really, really good.

::Fades Away::

"I will not do that!" Lily gasped at Sirius.

"It's a great way to tell James you're pregnant. He'll swallow his tongue!"

Lily rolled her eyes at him and turned to stare at Remus who was shaking his head in shame. "He probably won't even hear me if I say it while I'm doing that."

"You're a sick man Sirius," Remus commented in amusement as they walked towards Peters house.

Sirius snorted. "Well it was better than what you said. 'Make him a dinner with baby back ribs, baby corn…' How bloody freaking terrific!"

"Shut-up!" Remus snapped.

Sirius ran up the steps and began pounding nosily on Peters' door. "Pete man, wake up. Wormy, wormy, Wormtail, you've won a weekend beach trip with ten girls who aren't allowed any cloths, to do with what you will."

Lily snorted in laughter expecting Peter to throw the door open any minute, but after three minutes Lily felt her smile turn upside down.

"If that didn't get his attention I don't know what will!" Remus stated.

"Well shoot. I guess I'll just leave him a note. Remus turn around!"

He did it without question. Lily took out a quill, a piece of paper, and began writing.

Peter,

I missed you when I came by to tell you the news. I'm pregnant! Can you believe it? I'm bursting with joy. I haven't told James yet; I wanted to get the legendary Marauders opinions on how I should tell him. I was hoping your input would be better than Sirius's blowjob suggestion. Remus's was sweet-I think I might go with his…or maybe both. Like you want to hear that! I can't wait to tell him though, so I hope you don't mind if I don't get your opinion. Oh! I'm so excited! I wish all of you could be there when I told him, but then you most likely would have to scoot for…other things that I wouldn't want you to see…things I know you all wouldn't want to see, well except maybe Sirius, but lets not go there!

With tons of love and chocolates,

Lily Potter (Isn't that just great? I'll never get tired of it!)

::Fades Away::

Hermione stopped and glanced up at Harry's tensed jaw.

"How could he do that to them?" he gasped out with anger. "They loved him, it's obvious, what did they do to him-"

Hermione knew he was talking about Wormtail and without question she placed the book in her lap, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Ron frowned and lifted himself up, pulling the journal from Hermione's lap as the two continued to hug.

::Fades Away::

The house was still quiet when Lily walked in two hours later. Hurriedly she ran to the bedroom to make sure James had left, but to her shock and surprise he was still sleeping.

"Go figure," she chuckled, walked over to the bed, and crawled up his body.

She rested herself against him and trailed her fingers along the side of his face. He stirred slightly and lifted his sleepy eyes open.

"Hey love," his voice whispered out softly.

"Wore you out last night didn't I?"

James gave a half-hearted snort as if saying 'please'. Lily bent her head down and tenderly kissed his lips.

"Want to know why I wanted you so fiercely last night?"

James lifted his eyebrows. "There's a reason other than my good looks? Well I'll be!"

Lily giggled and kissed him again. "I found out yesterday afternoon that I-" she paused and began trailing kisses down his neck and chest. Lily smiled against his chest as she felt his body instantly respond to her actions. "That I'm pregnant."

James slight hip rolls against hers stopped instantly. He yanked her up his chest and stared questioningly into her eyes, looking for any sign that she was just kidding. "You're serious?" he voice croaked.

Lily smiled tenderly and brushed a stray strand of his brown hair out of his eyes. "We're pregnant Mr. Potter."

James gave a shout of joy and clutched her tightly to him.

::Fades Away::

"STOP!" Harry shouted, his voice filled with anguish. "I can't-"

Hermione clutched him tightly to her. "It's okay Harry."

Harry raised his arms up going to pull Hermione's away from his neck, before he did however, he let the tips of his fingers trail lovingly back and forth three times before he pulled them down.

"Not today," he whispered softly. "I can't handle it."

Ron dropped the book onto the near by table instantly. That coming from Harry and both Hermione and Ron knew he meant it because Harry could handle a lot. "Okay, what do you wanna do?"

"Hermione, what do you want to do?"

Ron groaned. "Don't ask her! She'll just want to go to the library."

Hermione's eyes lit up. "That's a great idea! I've been dieing to go back to Hogwarts-we could check out the library again, say hi to everyone."

Ron perked up a bit. "We definitely have to stop home first. Gin's probably going nuts by now. She'll want to come anyhow."

Harry sighed and smiled. How he loved his friends. "Sounds like a plan!"

To Be Continued…