Unofficial Portkey Archive

Close Your Eyes by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Close Your Eyes

gypsybaby21

::Just A Kiss::

"Lily?" James yelled frantically as he ran around the hospital bed. "Hi baby, are you okay? I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner," he whispered softly kissing her gently on her forehead.

"It's okay, just hold my hand," Lily gritted out as the doctor told her to push yet again. "Oh, gods! Merlin please, just get him out!"

James frowned down at Lily. "How do you know the baby's a boy?"

Lily gave him a pained smile and clutched his hand tightly. "I felt him before I went into labor. I-I could feel his soul."

::Fades::

"Hermione? Hermione? Get up!"

She mumbled incoherently against Harry's leg and settled down further against him, ignoring his requests for her to get up.

Harry sighed and glanced down at her. Smiling gently he ran his fingers through her hair.

She's so beautiful.

Harry…it's not the time.

He bunched a handful of her unruly brown hair and frowned deeply. His stomach flipping as she nuzzled the side of her face into his out thigh.

"Come on sweetie, my legs falling asleep," he whispered brushing his index and middle finger along the side of her cheekbone. "'Mione."

It was a simple whisper before he dropped his lips down to the side of her mouth. The kiss was light, almost as if a butterfly had landed on his lips and he past the dust from the wings onto her. It was so sweet that he had to pry his lips away from her before he went further.

"Wake up sleepy head," he said a bit louder, causing Hermione to flinch out of sleep.

She moaned and turned her face towards his. "Hey," she mumbled smiling up at him.

Harry breathlessly responded with a huge smile. "Hey."

Hermione giggled and reached up. "Your glasses are crooked."

Harry grinned down at her. "Yeah? Well you got drool all over my pants too, and on the side of your mouth!"

Hermione snorted and rolled her eyes, sitting up swiftly and flipping her hair behind her, turning her head so she could look at him. "I do not drool."

"Do so."

"Oh, please, guys don't start!" Ron groaned from his place in the reclining chair. He viciously rubbed his eyes and then ran fingers through his hair.

"Oh what?" Hermione teased as she got up and sauntered over to Ron. "Had too much to drink last night. You weren't listening to Harry read either."

"It was getting to the good part, I was getting born," Harry grinned at them.

Ron lifted his red eyebrow and turned up the right side of his mouth. "How is that necessarily a good thing."

"Everything about me is good!" Harry replied smugly.

Hermione gave a 'ha' and Ron snorted with an obscene remark.

"Hey," Harry grinned, "I only tell the truth!"

::Fades::

"He is so beautiful, my little Harry Potter," Lily whispered down at her baby boy in her husbands arms.

"He is, isn't he?" James grinned with pride.

A screech of sliding shoes filled the hall outside of the hospital door room, which opened revealing Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

"Where's the kid?" Sirius grinned happily, his gaze searching the room.

"What'd you name him or her? Please say it's something good," Remus asked a little less enthusiastic, but all the same bursting with as much pride as the father himself.

"Him and we named him, Harry."

"Your uncles are here baby Harry," James smiled and kissed his son.

::Fades::

"So am I going to the library myself? I thought you and Ron were coming too. Don't we need to spend time with each other? Come on," Hermione yelled from across the living room.

Harry glanced up and pulled his glasses down his nose. "Ron went upstairs to take a shower," he lifted his wrist up to take a look at his watch, "He'll be out in about twenty minutes."

Hermione huffed and placed her hands on her hips as she shook her head and started walking to the front door.

I wonder if she knows how perfectly rounded her bottom is?

Oh Merlin…not now!

Harry dropped his head and groaned as he felt his groin stir in his pants. "This is not happening. She didn't even walk by me?"

Hermione turned slightly. "Did you say something?"

Harry shook his head and glanced up to watch the material of her pants tighten as she bent to the ground, picking up her socks and shoes.

Slowly Harry felt himself standing up and against his will his legs started moving.

"Harry, how does this look?" she asked, turning around and to show him the front of her black Armani tuxedo jacket coving a deep blue.

His strides paused and his eyes twitched at the corner of his eye. "Beautiful."

Hermione blushed and bit her lower lip, glancing down and smiling down at her bare toe ringed feet. She wrapped her hands around her back and shuffled a foot.

Harry's eyes practically rolled in the back of his head as the front of her shirt constricted. It was his undoing.

He stormed over to her, clutched the side of her face, and crashed his lips on top of hers. Hermione gasped and stiffened as he forced her against the door.

"HARRY!" she cried out, but as soon as she did she felt the invasion of his tongue, and she moaned softly at his taste.

He pulled back. "I needed to kiss you. I need to kiss you," he mumbled, giving her fast hurried kisses to her mouth.

Harry clutched her body tightly to his, kissing her passionately. Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck, holding on tight as she lifted her legs up to wrap them around his waist. Harry groaned as he pushed his hand up her shirt and contacted soft, warm skin.

The skin contact is what made Hermione sucked in a deep breath as reality swiftly bordered its way into her head, and she stopped his hand swiftly. "Harry, Harry!"

"Oh yes 'Mione! That's it, say my name," he whispered, trailing kisses down her neck.

Hermione pushed his head off of her neck and clutched his face in her hands, making him keep eye contact with hers. She waited until his eyes became focused before she started talking. "Harry I'm so glad you fe-"

"Excuse me-why are you kissing my boyfriend?" a snippy voice interrupted.

Harry jerked his mouth away. "Gillian? What the-I'm not your-"

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know he was seeing someone," Hermione said as she tried to step back, but Harry refused to let her go.

He glared at Gillian. "I'm not."

"I'll um, just go to the library by myself then," Hermione whispered disengaging Harry's hands from around her waist.

"No, Hermione-"

She took in a shuddering breath holding back tears. "No it's okay Harry, I understand. This is probably for the best."

Harry shook his head. "No. Gillian I was never in a relationship with you and you know it."

Gillian bit her lip. "I do know it, I just thought she was one of those girls who wouldn't stop clinging to you and coming back for more. Sorry, I didn't know you were serious about her."

Harry laughed. "I don't need your saving this time," he grinned and turned towards Hermione, but she had already left.

"Damnit Gilly!" Harry growled at his friend.

Gillian shrugged. "I'm sorry, you usually want me to do that when I'm around. I thought you gave me the signal!"

"I did not blink one eye and then the other."

Gillian rolled her eyes. "Well, excuse me, we need to make a sign that doesn't involve daily necessities, like blinking! Anyhow, I came over to see if you and Ron wanted to go out for a drink tonight, but obviously not."

"Thanks Gilly, not tonight, but thanks. I have to go and catch Hermione," Harry sighed and ran out the door just as Ron came galloping down the stairs, shirtless and rubbing a towel in his wet red hair.

He shook his head at Gillian. "You knew he didn't give you the sign. You conniving little brat you!" he grinned at her and draped an arm around her shoulder.

Gillian chuckled. "What can I say, when I want something I want it, and I usually get it!"

"Not this time. He has his eyes stuck on a particular someone for a long time," Ron grinned as he jerked his head out of the doorway.

"Oh, we'll see!"

"Sure you will, catch you later Gilly-bean!"

To Be Continued…