Unofficial Portkey Archive

Close Your Eyes by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Close Your Eyes

gypsybaby21

::Ylang, Ylang::

Ylang Ylang ~ A Malayan term meaning "flower of flowers," Ylang Ylang is an exotic, powerful scent that is considered to be an aphrodisiac.

A strong perfume lingered in the air. It smelled of fresh floral, but it was sweet and slightly fruity at the same time. The moment Hermione walked into Harry and Ron's living room she instantly felt the tension in her shoulders flow out.

She sighed deeply, taking in a breath, and rolled her neck back and forth. "What is that smell? It's wonderful."

Harry, who'd been sitting on the couch running his fingers over the leather bindings of his mothers diary glanced up and smiled softly, making Hermione's heart flutter. "Ylang Ylang."

Hermione frowned. "I only know botanical names."

Harry licked his lips, his eyes twinkling in amusement. "But of course…Cananga odorata. I'm surprised you haven't learned the name that's used most often."

"Well, I don't feel that's necessary when everything that I need involving these types of things is in it's original form," Hermione informed, but quickly stopped as she noticed her tone.

She always had a specific tone to her voice for each of her moods, this one was her informative one and people including Ron and Harry tended to not like that one.

"Harry, I-I got your letter," she spoke softly as she slowly, cautiously walked over to where he sat.

Harry placed his elbows on the tops of his knees, his hands holding tightly to Lily's diary, which rested between his open thighs. He bowed his head and pretended to be occupied with staring at the book in his hands. "So, what do you say?" he asked after a few seconds went by.

Hermione's hands went to her tailored white button down shirt and immediately began fidgeting with the hem. "I say I have an awful lot of need stored up for you, I hope you don't mind," she said whispering the last part.

Slowly Harry lifted his eyes and pushed his glasses up on his nose. His emerald green eyes darkened as he gazed at her. "I don't-mind I mean."

A small smile quirked on Hermione's face, "Good."

Lifting up the little black book Harry offered it to Hermione. "Would you read to me?"

"Of course," she smiled.

Hermione shuddered as Harry purposely ran his fingers along her knuckles as she clutched the book. Taking a deep breath she went to go across the room to sit in the love seat. She tried to hide her grin of satisfaction as Harry frowned at her.

"Will you sit with me? On the couch?"

"All you had to do was ask Harry," she replied softly and got up.

The minute she sat down he scooted towards the end of the other side and laid his head down in her lap, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Is this okay?" he whispered.

It took Hermione a moment to speak. It felt like her breath had been knocked out of her. "Um-yes," her voice managed to tremble out. "Okay…"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A baby screaming boomed jerking James and Lily awake. Lily groaned and plopped back down on her warm pillow. "It's your turn Jamie."

James frowned and rubbed his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Hmm," Lily mumbled into her pillow.

Sighing James lifted himself up, sleep making him hazy and he yawned as he walked towards Harry's room.

"Hey baby," he mumbled gazing down at him.

James reached in and pulled the three-week-old baby out of his resting place. Harry whimpered softly before searching desperately for his mothers' breast.

"I guess it's mummy's turn no matter what huh?" James chuckled. "How about we let our angel sleep a little longer," he mumbled as he began singing a muggle song Lily had taught him called 'You Are My Sunshine'.

"Isn't that just precious?" Lily's voice came from the doorway. "My two favorite boys dancing and singing."

James lifted his head and smirked. "Boys? Pah! We're men. Did you see Harry's size when he came out? Who do you think he got that from?"

Lily shook her head and walked over to him. She wrapped her hand around the back of his head and placed a kiss against his lips. "I love you Jamie."

"You know I love you too," he whispered back. "Harry's hungry."

Lily looked down and laughed. "He's frantic and frustrated. I can just see the thoughts going through his head…where is my mummy's food?" She giggled as she took Harry from her husband and walked over to the cherry wood rocking chair.

The nursery felt so warm as James watched his wife suckle his baby.

His wife.

His baby.

James felt a little thrill as he watched them. He'll never forget the day Lily had brought him home. He had realized that his family was complete.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you crying?"

Hermione wiped at her face. "I'm sorry. They just seemed so happy together. It must have been a wonderful feeling."

Harry smiled at her. "Do you want to continue?"

"I do, but I have to call Joann and then Maya. See where the situation stands for the courts."

"Hmm, I think I almost forgot you even had such a demanding job."

Hermione smiled. "I'm actually surprised Maya hasn't called me sooner. Things must be going pretty smoothly with Darien."

"Darien?"

"The teenager with a step-father he hates," Hermione informed.

Harry nodded. "I remember you saying something along the lines of him."

"I think he has a crush on me," Hermione said biting her lip as she watched Harry raise his head from her lap and stare stiffly at her.

"Who wouldn't really?"

"He's handsome too."

Harry grunted and placed his head back on her lap. "I'm handsomer!"

"Yes, more handsome than ever!" Hermione sighed happily while running her fingers through his raven black hair. "I'm sorry, this is a little more forward than what you had in mind isn't it?"

Harry gave her a gentle smile. "It's okay, it's comforting. I appreciate it."

"Well, I better go and make those calls."

"'Mione don't forget you need to be ready for that get together in about two hours."

"Harry, sweetie, look who you're talking too," Hermione said raising her arms and looking down at herself.

"Right, of course. How could I forget the ever punctual Hermione?" His green eyes twinkled with amusement.

"I'll see you in two hours."

To be continued…

~I say I have an awful lot of----Hermione's line belongs to Grace from Nora Roberts Chesapeake series book two