Unofficial Portkey Archive

Summer Bliss by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Summer Bliss

Harrys Mistress

Wow guys, that wasn't so bad. You guys are super sweet, hehe. Okay, here's another long chapter for you! It's a good one!

Chapter 10

Harry cleared her throat. "Um...so what are you doing here, Ron?" Harry asked hoping to change the subject.

"Besides dying of a heatstroke?" he asked as he brushed the sweat off his forehead with his arm. "It's just as hot here as it is at the Burrow."

"Yeah...the a/c is broken here," Harry told him. "That's why."

"A/C? What's that?" he asked confused.

"It's...kind of like a freezing spell for Muggles," Harry explained the best way he knew how.

"Well, some spell since it's not too reliable."

"Harry, is that your phone?" Hermione asked when she heard a cell phone go off.

Harry opened his ears and heard his familiar ring. "Yeah, it is," he said as he got up from the bed and grabbed his shorts he had on earlier, fishing out his cell in one of the pockets. "Hello?"

"Harry, hey."

"Janey, how's it going?" he said with a smile. Before Janey had left them the last time, Harry slipped her his cell phone number, to use it if she needed an escape or just wanted to talk.

"Burning up, how are you and Hermione handling the heat?"

"Not good. Our AC is out," he said as he sat down next to Hermione.

"Ouch...well, I have a solution if you'd like to take it. My parents are out of town for the next few days and I have a pool."

"Seriously?" he asked suddenly. "You have a pool?"

"She does?" Ron said. "Oh, I'd love to just dive straight in...head first!"

"Was that Ron I just heard?" Janey asked shyly, turning red even though they couldn't see her.

"Yeah...he just er...popped in."

"Well, bring him along too...that is if you'd like to come by."

"Are you kidding? Of course we would, just give me the directions."

"I'm gonna go get my swimming trunks," Ron said quietly to Hermione while Harry was still on the phone.

Hermione nodded and watched him Disparate before she herself got up from the bed to head over to the chest of drawers. Harry had given her the last two bottom drawers so she wouldn't have to live out of a suitcase. Harry hung up as soon as she found her scarlet colored bikini. "I'm going to change in the bathroom," she said quickly to Harry.

"Um...sure okay," he said still sensing the awkwardness between them. He watched her leave the room and then sighed. Why was it so awkward? It wasn't as if they had the same dream? Did they? It was so real he still had a hard time believing it was just a dream. He shook his head to clear his thought, he didn't want to think about it anymore. The sooner he got dressed into his trunks, the sooner he'd be swimming in Janey's pool.

Harry was tugging his orange trunks over his hips just as Ron Apparated back into his room with a smile on his face. He had on a pair of purple trunks and a white tank top on along with some black rubber flip-flops and a grin on his face. "I'm ready!"

"Me too," he said as he grabbed a thin white T-shirt before tugging it over his chest. "We're just waiting on Hermione."

Moments later she finally stepped back inside and Harry couldn't help but notice how adorable she looked. She had on a pair of jean shorts, along with a white spaghetti strap tank top over her bikini. The straps of her bikini were the only things showing, which were tied up in a bow just at the nape of her neck. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she had on a pair of pink flip-flops which showed over her polished toenails.


"Wow, you look cute, Mione," Ron said with a grin.

She blushed. "Thanks...you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah...she told me directions, we can just Apparate near the front gate."

"Um...front gate?" Ron asked.

"Yeah...we're suppose to tell the guard we're friends of hers." He shrugged. "I guess she's wealthy."

Ron felt his heart drop. "Oh....okay then." Over the last few days he had thought a lot about Janey, for a reason he didn't understand. It wasn't as if he was attracted to her...was he? She wasn't his type at all, but...then why couldn't he stop thinking about her. The fact that she had money was somewhat of a disappointment, considering his family definitely were not swimming in dough.

"You guys hold my hand since I know where I'm going," Harry said as he held them out.

Hermione took one, still avoiding eye contact and Ron took the other. Next thing they both knew they were standing in front of an iron fence, which blocked their view of her house thanks to the huge shrub wall that was placed just behind it. "This must be it....the gate's down this way," he said as they followed the fence until the finally reached the front gate.

"May I help you?" a big burly man with muscles asked them.

"Um...we're friends of Janice's," Harry told him, slightly intimidated by the size of them.

Then all of the sudden he smiled and turned into a completely different person. "Sure! She was telling me she was expecting friends. Please, come in!"

The gate flew open and the three slowly walked into the gate, their jaws gaped open as they walked up the pebbled driveway. Flowers of all kinds of different colors decorated the lawn, green bushes and trees were scattered, along with fountains and statues. The house itself was huge, which almost resembled a miniature version of Hogwarts. They headed around the back, as Janey told him too until they heard the sound of running water and music.

They walked along a narrow brick path, lined with bushes until they came to another gate that they could manually open by themselves since no one was standing guard. Harry held the gate open for Hermione and Ron before bringing up the tail. The rounded the corner until they finally saw the pool and they both froze in their tracks.

The pool was unbelievably huge. It was in the shape of an L and at one end of the L was an attached hot tub that had a small waterfall spilling into the pool. In the corner of the pool was a different formation of rocks, which also had a waterfall as well. Finally, at the other end were a slide and a diving board. "I can't believe this," Harry said in shock.

"I've died and gone to heaven," Ron said as he blinked before rubbing his eyes thinking he was seeing things.

"Guys! Guys over here!"

They turned to Janey's voice to see her lying on a cushioned lounge soaking up the sun in her baby blue string bikini. She had a pair of sunglasses on and her hair was pulled up and by the looks of it, she already took a dip since her hair was damp. Ron could only stare at her when they made their way towards her. She looked like...a...a completely different person. He could see that his accusations were right that day in the closet. She really did have an exceptional body hidden under all her clothes.

"I'm so glad you guys can make it!" she said as she got up to greet them.

"Thanks for inviting us!" Hermione said nicely. "This place is amazing...we had no idea you're family was...well...um..."

"Filthy rich?" she asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah, that's a good word," Harry agreed as he looked around.

"I don't like to tell people I'm rich right away," she told them. "I know I'd have more friends, but it would be for the wrong reasons. You guys made me a friend right away, no questions asked, so I knew that my money means nothing." She then looked shyly at Ron. "Good to see you again, Ron."

He felt himself turn red. "Er...you too," he said with a smile. "The pool was great."

"Please hop in...the water's great," she said. "I have three lawn chairs here ready for you guys. Can I call for Grady and get you guys a drink?"

"Grady?" Harry asked after he had pulled his shirt off before tossing it on his lawn chair.

"Our butler...real sweet man."

"Sure...whatever you're having is fine," Hermione said.

"Okay, three Dr. Peppers coming right up."

"This is bloody brilliant," Ron said as he kicked off his flip-flops."

"No kidding," Harry agreed.

"I call first dibs on the slide!" Ron said suddenly as he ran towards it.

"Aww no fair!" Harry called out as he ran after him.

Hermione laughed softly and quickly chose the time when they were occupied with the slide, to take off her shirt and shorts. She heard them whoop and yell followed by splashes as she threw off her shirt and tugged off her shorts. She was hoping she'd get in the water before either of them noticed but when she turned around Harry and Ron were standing waist deep soaked to the bone. "Hermione come on...."

Harry didn't get the rest of the sentence out and Ron looked over at her and his job dropped. "Hermione, what are you wearing??" Ron asked in shock.

She looked down at herself. "It's a bikini, what do you think it is?"

"Floss?" Harry suggested as he continued to stare. She looked incredible in that thing and...and...what the hell was she doing wearing something that skimpy!

She scowled at Harry. "Honestly...if you guys are disgusted by how I look, you can just close your eyes." And with that she dove straight into the pool disappearing under the cool water.

"Disgusted? I don't think so," Harry muttered.

"Harry, when did our best friend get...hot?" Ron asked confused as he scratched his head.

"I have no idea, I've been pondering that myself for awhile now," he said to him quietly.

"You have?" he asked shocked.

"Just wait until you see her butterfly tattoo on the small of her back," Harry said grimly.

"Bloody hell," Ron said as he looked back at Hermione who was swimming casually in the deep end. "Do you realize how many guys were going to have to fend off with a stick next year?"

"Yeah, I know," Harry grumbled. "It's not going to be pretty."

"I seriously don't know how they can do that," Ron said as he nodded his head over to the girls where they were sunbathing. "I mean do they not realize how hot it is?"

Harry shrugged. "Girls like to have a nice tan."

They were both at the deep end, their arms folded on the cement edge of the pool while their lower body still dangled in the cool water. "Yeah...well, I don't know why I'm complaining, I mean...it IS a nice view," Ron said with a wink.

Harry grinned. "You realize that's Hermione you're gawking at.....or wait...is it Janey?"

"Both," he said a little too quickly. "I have a high appreciation for the female body you know, no matter who it is."

"Oh yeah? What about Ginny?"

"Hey!" Ron scowled. 'Not my sister, she's not a girl!"

He chuckled. "Hate to break it to you, Ron...but she's hot."

"Ew! Don't say that!" he exclaimed and splashed him with water.

"Okay, okay...I'll stop," he laughed. "So tell me...do you like Janey?"

"Course...she's a nice girl," he said as he looked over at her. With nice legs he added quietly to himself.

"But do you like her...I mean, are you attracted to her?"

"No...at least I don't think so," he said and then sighed. "Well, maybe I am...a little, but it doesn't matter. It's too soon after Lavender."

"Oh come on, Ron," Harry said. "It's been four months now and you're doing fine without her. You like Janey, don't worry about it and just go after her."

"But what if she doesn't like me?" he asked uneasily.

"Are you kidding? I see the way she looks at you and not to mention her whole face turns as red as your hair whenever she catches you staring at her."

This time, Ron blushed. "Yeah? Cool. She's changed over night though, I wish she wouldn't hide herself under those clothes she wears. I bet she has no idea how pretty she is."

"I don't think she's had a lot of friends in the past, Ron. Hermione told me she has none at school, so she probably has like NO self-esteem. I think you'll be good for her...and vice versa."

Ron felt his heart swell when she laughed at something Hermione had said to her. "Yeah...maybe you're right. However, I can't do much when they were way over there, Janey hasn't even come back in the water since we got here."

Harry grinned. "Well...let's go get em' then," he said with a wink.

Ron matched the same wicket grin. "Let's."

They both pushed themselves out of the water with their arms, leaving wet water drops and footprints on the warm concrete. They both walked over until they stood at the foot of their lawn chair, blocking their sun. "What's up ladies?" Ron asked.

"You're blocking our sun, that's what's up," Hermione said annoyed.

"Aww, someone is a little testy," Ron said. "Don't you think Harry?"

"Yeah," he agreed as he stared at Hermione. Ever since Ron woke them up from their little nap, things have been off with them. He was getting tired of it. "Very testy."

"And you look a little hot, Janey," Ron said with cocky grin.

"Oh..well yeah just a little," she said still a little clueless. She unfortunately didn't know what Harry and Ron were like...but Hermione did.

"You even think about it and I'll cur.....KICK your butt to the curb."

Harry grinned. "I'd like to see you try."

"What's going on?" Janey asked.

Harry and Ron shared a look before they finally leapt towards them, grabbing their arms and legs as they lifted them both up against their chest, cradling them like a baby. "Ron! What are you doing?!" Janey shrieked in pure shock. She had never in her life been this close to a man before, especially when the man and she were half naked.

"You look like you can use a dip," he said with a wink.

"Harry! Put me down!" Hermione yelled as she started to struggle.

"No, I don't think I'm going to...not yet anyway," he said as he held a tight hold on her. "What do you think Ron? Diving board?"

"Definitely," he said as they carried the girls to the end of the pool. "You better go first, yours is a little more feisty then mine."

"Yeah...I gave up, what's the point?" Janey said with a laugh.

"I can handle her," he said noticing she had stopped moving, but was still scowling "You go right ahead."

"Okay," he said as he got up and walked to the edge and looked at her. "Ready?"

She held on tight and squinted her face. "Ready," she squeaked.

Ron jumped into the air as Janey yelled before the force of the water cut her off. "We're up babe," Harry said as he stepped up onto the diving board.

"Don't call me babe," she sniped. "Better yet, don't talk to me at all!"

Harry didn't say anything, Hermione's attitude was starting to severely piss him off. "You know what Hermione?" he asked as he walked to the edge.

"What?" she shot back.

"You're being a baby."

Hermione's mouth dropped open and before she could say anything, Harry stepped off the edge and landed with a big splash. Harry let go of her underwater and swam up to the top, but was only pushed back down by a wet and angry Hermione. When he resurfaced he saw her swimming for the ladder at the edge. "Oh no you don't," he said as he swam after her. He had caught up with her just when she was halfway up the ladder so he reached up and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back into the water.

"Let me go!" she yelled as she struggled against him.

"No way, not until we talk," he said as he swam to the shallow end towards the waterfall.

"I have nothing to say to you," she said as she continued to struggled, desperately trying to break free. But Harry was too strong. Next thing she knew, buckets of water were being poured onto her head and then they were both alone in a cave. They were behind the waterfall and the cave itself was big enough for two people. It wasn't very high either, so both of them had to sink into the water to avoid banging their heads.. "This is ridiculous."

She started to go back out but Harry grabbed her wrist and yanked her back until she was all the way pressed up against the wall. Harry's back was facing the waterfall, blocking her way out while he loomed over here. "You're not going anywhere until we talk."

"You can't force me to do something, Harry," she said stubbornly

Harry glared at her until finally nodding. "Fine. you're right. You know I won't make you do anything you don't want to do."

"Thank you..."

"If our friendship means that little to you, you can go."

She froze. "That's unfair, Harry! You know that's not true!"

"Then why won't you talk to me?" Harry asked her.

"Because you threw me in the pool!" she exclaimed.

"That's a complete load of crock...you normally would have been laughing, Mione....don't lie to me."

"Harry," she pleaded.

"What were you dreaming about?" Harry asked suddenly.

Her eyes widened. "Wh-what?"

"When Ron woke us up...what were you dreaming about?" he asked as he glided closer to her.

"I...I...don't know why that has to do with anything?" she stuttered as she tried to ignore the banging of her heart. Did he really have to be that close?

"I think it does," he said softly. "If you tell me, I'll tell you mine."

She swallowed the lump in her throat. "It's silly...it was just...a dream."

"Was it?" he asked as he searched her eyes for the truth. "Were you dreaming about me, Hermione?"

Hermione looked down at the water away from his piercing green eyes. "Hermione?" she heard him question again, waiting for her answer. She finally found herself nodding slowly.

Harry's heart dropped. He tilted her chin up with his fingers so she would have to look at him. "What were we doing?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I told you....you're turn. What did you dream about?"

His eyes scattered across his face and then a hand lifted out of the water, pushing back some wet strands of hair that were stuck to the sides of her neck. She trembled beneath his fingers. "You," he whispered.

"What....what were we doing?" she asked Harry who was no so close to her that their legs were tangled together underwater.

He smiled softly. "Let's just say something two best friends wouldn't normally do." His hands traveled down her arms and her torso before finally grabbing the back of her thighs, pulling her until her legs were wrapped around his waist. "I have a feeling that your dream was the same."

Since she couldn't find the words she simply nodded.

"Have you been dreaming about me, Mione?" he asked boldly

Another nod.

"I've been dreaming about you as well," he said as his hands were now caressing the small of her back.

"Are we dreaming now?" she asked softly. She finally got her words back.

"I certainly hope not," he said as his head tilted down towards hers. Their lips were only inches away. "Why don't we find out?"

Again...she only gave him a nod. That was enough for Harry.

He slowly filled the small gap between them. Their lips met. Water beads that decorated their lips now melted together. They never woke up. It was finally real.