Unofficial Portkey Archive

Summer Bliss by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Summer Bliss

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys, here's the next part. EnjoyJ

Chapter 12

It was raining outside, so Harry and Hermione were pretty much trapped inside the Dursley household. However, the bright side of that was that they had the whole house to themselves. His aunt and uncle were on an overnight business trip and Dudley had to attend a fat camp, which Harry found very amusing.

Harry and Hermione had snuck into Dudley's room to snag a DVD from his huge collection and decided to veg out in the den downstairs for a change of scenery. They were sprawled out on the couch; Harry's head was at one end and Hermione's at the other. A blanket was draped over them and a bowl of popcorn was perched between them. "I don't know if I like this," Harry frowned. "I'm a little uncomfortable."

"Why?" Hermione asked as she grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"Because...you're too far away," he pouted.

Hermione grinned. "I think you'll survive," she said as she poked him in the ribs with her toes.

Harry flinched as he chuckled and grabbed her ankle to keep her still. "I'll manage I guess," he said as he kept her ankle captive and gently began to caress her calf with slow sweeps of his thumb.

She shared a smile with him before she hunkered down under the covers. The air conditioning was finally working and with the cool rain outside, it was a perfect day to snuggle. The movie began and they fell into silence while they munched on popcorn. Halfway through the movie, Hermione was getting restless, so she eyed Harry who had his eyes trained on the TV. With a grin, she tossed a piece of kernel at him.

Harry jumped when something hit his face and glanced down to see a kernel traveling down his shirt. He suspiciously looked over at Hermione and noticed her guilty face as she tried not to laugh. "Wanna play, do ya?" he asked and then threw back another kernel.

Hermione giggled and tossed some more write back, then gasped when Harry threw a handful right at her face. "Oh, that's it," she said as she lunged towards him, the bowl fell to the floor and popcorn scattered.

Harry laughed as she straddled his hips and he quickly grabbed her wrist to keep her at bay. "Hmm, I like this position much better," he said grinning up at her.

"Oh! You're impossible," she exclaimed and tried to pull away, but she yelped when Harry yanked her back until her lips slammed against his. Hermione's eyebrows arched in surprise, but eventually gave in, slipping her fingers in his hair as she rose up on her knees.

Harry slid his eager tongue between her lips as he reared up and gripped her hips. He pulled her close as he pressed her backwards until he fell on top of her. She giggled against his mouth, when he threw the blanket over the both of them. In their private cocoon, Harry continued to kiss her senseless with his frantic and quick mouth, the heat under the blanket intensified, matching the heat of their kiss.

"Harry?! Hermione?!"

Harry pulled back, out of breath when he heard Ron's voice muffled from upstairs. "Ron must have Apparated in my room," he whispered.

They then heard footsteps coming down the stairs and their eyes widened before Hermione finally pushed him away and they both flung the covers off of them right when Ron walked into the room.

"There you guys are, I....what the hell happened here?" he asked gesturing towards the spilt popcorn. "Why are you guys so out of breathe?"

"Er...um, we were just having a little popcorn throwing fight," Harry said, which wasn't a complete lie, it did start out as a popcorn fight...which later turned into lip locking bliss that Harry was very upset got interrupted.

"What's up Ron?" Hermione asked trying to act casual. Her heart was still racing wildly at the aftermath of Harry's very wild and out of control kiss. What exactly did he eat for breakfast this morning.

"I just thought I'd see what ya'll were doing...maybe hang out or, I dunno...see what Janey's up to."

Harry grinned at Ron, who was casually looking everywhere but at either of them. "Janey huh? Anxious to see her again?"

Ron sighed. "Fine...so what if I am."

Harry shrugged. "Then go see her."

"Yeah, I'm sure she'd love to see you, Ron," Hermione said with a smile.

"By...by myself?"

Hermione laughed. "Come on Ron, she's your friend too, you don't need us...besides, we're uh...busy...watching a movie."

"Yeah...I guess I could."

"Then do it, you had fun with her the other day," Harry reminded her. "And we know you like her, you can't hide that from your two best friends."

"Yeah...I do," he admitted sheepishly. "Okay, I'm going to go see her. Thanks guys."

"Anytime, tell her hi for us," Hermione said and then they both watched him Disapparated. "When are we going to tell him?"

"I don't know...we need to soon," Harry said and edged closer to her. "But for right now, let's start where we left off, shall we?"

Hermione giggled as she leaned back on the couch and Harry loomed over her. "I think we were right about here," she said as she brought his head down until their lips touched once more.

"Hermione, are you almost ready?" Harry sighed as he stood in the hallway in front of the bathroom. "We're going to be late for Janey's party."

"I'm coming, I'm coming," her muffled voice said from the bathroom and then seconds later the door flew open and she appeared smiling. "Ready."

Harry grinned back at her. Janey's party tonight was a pool party so she was dressed in a blue pullover dress with her bikini underneath, along with matching flip-flops. "Well aren't you just the cutest thing."

"Stop," she laughed as she pushed him playfully. "Let's get going."

Harry clasped his fingers with Hermione's as they made their way down the stairs to find the Dudley's about to head out as well, all of them dressed rather nicely. "Um...are you guys to Janey...er...Janice's party?"

"Yes," Mr. Dursley snapped rudely as he was straightening Dudley's tie. "Why? Where are you going?"

Harry opened his mouth to let them know it was a pool party so they wouldn't arrive at the party looking like idiots, but then decided against it. "Nowhere....just going for a swim." He looked back at Hermione who was fighting back a laugh. "Let's go."

"And how are you going to get there?" Dudley asked. "You don't have a car."

"Dudley, Dudley, don't you know that we don't need Muggle transportation," he said and grinned. 'See ya later."

The Dursley's yelped in shock when Hermione and Harry both disappeared before their eyes, leaving them completely dumfounded.

Harry and Hermione laughed as they walked through the gate passed the guards. "They're gonna look like a bunch of gits," Harry chuckled. "Do they not know it's a pool party?"

"Apparently not," Hermione laughed along with them as they made their way back to the pool, where the music was already blaring. "Must have already started, we are a little late."

"Yeah...who's fault is that?" Harry asked.

"Shut up," Hermione muttered walking through the gate.

There were already a few kids playing in the water, kids that hardly knew Janey according to her. Most of them were kids of her parent's business partners. "Just as long as you guys come, it'll be perfect," she had told him last time they talked.

"Harry! Hermione!" Janey yelled from the hot tub.

"Hey over here guys!" Ron yelled who was already there sitting beside her in the hot tub.

They both waved and went over to an empty chair to put get rid of their cover-ups and shoes before joining them. They were the only ones in the hot tub, the rest of the kids were goofing off in the pool. "Hey, guys glad you could make it."

"Thanks for inviting us," Harry said as he slid into the tub and hugged her. "Happy Birthday."

Janey blushed slightly. "Thanks."

"Happy Birthday," Hermione said next. "Looks like it's a happening' party."

"Yeah, it's good," she smiled. "It's fun though to actually have friends to visit with this year."

"They're a bunch of gits," Ron told her. "Anyone can tell you're a great person."

"Thanks," she said shyly.

"How long have you been here Ron?" Harry asked as he sat on the other side of the hot tub with Hermione.

"For awhile, I was the first one here," he said and then held up his hands. "See? I'm all wrinkled."

"Oh...my gosh," Janey said all of the sudden as she tried not to laugh.

They all turned to where she was looking to see the Dursley's looking around confused and obviously feeling stupid. Harry and Hermione both laughed. "Yeah, we saw them when we were about to leave," Harry told them.

"It slipped our minds to tell them it was a pool party," Hermione giggled.

"Dudley seriously looks like he's about to pop out of that suit," Ron laughed. "Honestly, he gets bigger every time I see them."

"Hello, Dudley," Harry finally said when he was close enough.

Dudley looked over and his eyes widened. "Harry! What are you doing here?"

"I invited him," Janey said. "Along with his friends Hermione and Ron."

"But...but...."

"You, boy," Mr. Dursley said angrily. "You knew it was a pool party and you didn't say anything."

Harry shrugged. "Sorry, must have slipped my mind."

"Janice, care to join me for a walk," Dudley said completely refusing to take the hint.

"Er...sorry Dudley, but I just...er..."

"What she's trying to say is," Ron interrupted her as he put his arm around Janey. "She's with me."

Harry and Hermione's jaw dropped as well as Janey's. "I am?" she whispered to him and Ron gave her a look to play along. "Oh, yes...I'm with Ron, Dudley."

"With Ron!" he yelled in shock. "But he's a freak...just like Harry! And his family as poor as dirt!"

Harry saw Ron's face match his hair color and Harry himself was getting furious. He was about to comfort Dudley, but someone beat him to it.

"He's not a freak!" Janey yelled as she stood up angrily. "He has more class than you'll ever have, Dudley. And whether his family is poor or not, doesn't matter to me! Money means nothing to me!"

Harry then stood up and glared at Dudley. "I think you better go, Dudley....now."

"Fine!" he said snootily. "I just agreed to go out with you, because my father paid me anyway. I could do so much better!"

Ron darted up and was about to go after him, but Janey stopped him. "No Ron, he's not worth it. Just let him go."

"That slimy little git," he growled as he let Janey pull him back down. "I ought to turn him into a..."

"SOOO, Harry come with me to get some food," Hermione said loudly to cut off Ron before he blew his cover.

"Okay, sure," Harry said getting the hint. "You guys want anything."

"No where fine, I need to talk to Janey," Ron said.

"Be back later," he said and then the both of them walked out of the hot tub and went to the table where all the finger foods were.

"Did you mean it?" Ron asked as soon as they were alone.

Janey blinked. "Mean what?" she asked clueless.

"About money meaning nothing," he said all of the sudden nervous. "Dudley is right, my family...we're not very...."

"Ron," she said softly. "I've grown up with money all my life and let me be the first to tell you, that it doesn't make you happy. You've told me a lot about your family and they seem wonderful. That's all I ever wanted, I have no siblings and parents that I hardly ever see. I may have the money, but I would trade it for the world in a heart beat to have family like that."

Ron smiled brightly. "Really?"

"Yes...I really like you, Ron and...."

Ron cut her off by lifting his hands out of the water and cupped her face, bringing her lips down to meet hers in a long drawn out kiss. "I like you too," he breathed against her mouth kissing her again, this time more gently as he drew her closer to her so he could wrap his arms around his waist.

"You do?" she whispered as her lips tingled. She had only kissed one other guy in her life and that was over a year ago, but later found out the guy kissed her over a bet. She was brokenhearted, but now it seemed like none of it mattered anymore, for she finally found someone.

"I do," he said and kissed her softly. "Happy birthday, Janey."

Janey smiled against his lips. This was the best birthday gift she could ask for.

The party went on through the night and eventually guests started to leave. The Dursley's were one of the firsts to go, they only stayed for about an hour. Dudley insisted on leaving when a teenage boy made fun of his bow tie and monkey suit. Harry enjoyed it immensely.

It was close to eleven when all the guests were gone and the maids were cleaning up. the four of them were back in the hot tub and Janey's mother walked towards them. "You're father and I are about to head up."

"Okay. Mother, these are my friends I was telling you about. That's Harry, Hermione....and this is Ron."

"It's so nice to meet you all," she said sweetly and to Janey's relief, she sounded like she meant it. "So, I take it things didn't work out with you and Dudley Dursley?"

"No, Mother," she said with a shake of her head. "Him and his entire family are just horrid. Minus Harry, of course, he's the only descent one."

"Yes, well...they run a good business, but I'll be honest, Petunia is quite annoying at times," she said with a roll of her eyes. "They were more persistent with the pair of you and Dudley, but if you're not happy with him, I won't force you."

She sighed with relief. "Thank you, Mother."

"Well, don't stay up too late," she said and waved good bye to all of them before walking back into the house.

"She seems nice," Ron said as he pulled her on his lap.

"She's pleasant," she said thinking of the one word to describe her mother. She smiled softly when he kissed her shoulder. "She'll like you."

"Think so?"

"Yeah, you definitely have the charm."

Harry couldn't take it anymore. All night he had to sit there and watch them kiss and cuddle, while he couldn't lay a finger on Hermione. Occasionally, he caressed her thigh underwater, but Hermione would have to eventually pull it away when it was difficult to keep a straight face. "All right, that's it," he finally said when Ron kissed her again. "Hermione and I have something to tell you, Ron."

Her eyes widened. "Harry....I thought...."

"Don't tell me this isn't bugging you," Harry said with a sigh looking at her painfully.

"What?" Janey asked. "We're not annoying you?"

"No, it's not that," Harry assured her. "It's just that...."

"What?" Ron asked when he paused.

"How exactly do we say this?" Hermione asked getting nervous. She was afraid that Ron would feel weird or awkward about it.

"I think we should just show them," Harry said as he turned towards her.

"Show him?" she asked as she swallowed hard.

"Yeah," he said softly as he reached up and cupped the back of her neck, pulling her close. "Show him."

"What are you....bloody hell." Ron saw Harry pull their best friend....the girl they both knew since their first day at Hogwarts....down for a kiss. He blinked when Harry began to tenderly press his lips to hers and his jaw dropped when he saw tongues being exchanged. "Bloody hell." They didn't pull away and he could have sworn he heard Hermione...or was it Harry....it didn't matter, but he heard ONE of them moan. "Okay, okay, we get it, can you take a breather for a second?"

Harry reluctantly pulled away and grabbed her hand under water before facing their friend. "Well?"

"I should be shocked...and I am shocked...but a part of me isn't really shocked." He scratched his head as he sighed. "Did that make sense?"

Harry smiled softly. "Surprisingly yes."

"I think it's great," Janey beamed. "You two make a fantastic couple."

Harry and Hermione shared a quick smile and then Hermione studied Ron. "What do you think about it?"

"Would it matter?" he asked curiously.

"Of course it would," she said. "No matter what, you're still our best friend, Ron. We'd want your support and blessing more than anything else."

"She's right, we do want your blessings," Harry agreed with her. "But, if you don't support this, it won't change how I feel about her, Ron. I don't want to lose you as a friend, so please don't make me choose."

"Aww geez, how could I not support the two of you," Ron said with a shake of his head. "Hermione, I was terrified that I'd have to chase off every single chauvinistic bloke that chased after you this year. I don't have to worry about that now, because I know Harry will take care of you." He turned to Harry. "You're the only guy I know that deserves our Hermione. I couldn't be more happy for the both of you."

Hermione smiled brightly. "Oh, Ron!" she exclaimed as she went over to him and hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah....easy now, I'm taken," he teased causing them both to laugh.

"Thanks man," Harry said as he held out his hand and gave him a friendly shake.

"No problem, however I have to warn you, just because you're my best friend, doesn't mean I won't kick your a** if you hurt her."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know, I know," he said as he pulled a giggling Hermione to his side. "I'm just glad it's out in the open now."

Janey sighed as she snuggled up to Ron. "I'm going to hate it when fall gets here."

Ron's heart fell in sadness as well. He didn't have the guts to tell her who he was yet, he wanted to test their long distant relationship first and if they were still together and in touch by Christmas, he would tell her. Christmas was a long way away though, and he knew that it was going to be a hard year. "I know...we'll write."

"I'm just glad I'm not going back to school in France," she said relieved. "I'm transferring to closer school for my last year."

"What school did you go to?" Harry asked as he silently enjoyed the way his legs were tangled with Hermione's under the water.

"Some boarding school," she said with a wave of her hand. "Nothing big to mention. I'll be leaving in a few weeks though."

"So will we," Ron told her and kissed the top of her head. "We'll have to make the best of it until that time."

Everyone was quiet after that, because all them realized that their summer bliss was coming close to an end.