Unofficial Portkey Archive

Summer Bliss by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Summer Bliss

Harrys Mistress

Chapter 9

It was a hot summer day. Hot was probably not the word to use to describe it...more like scorching hot. To make matters even worse, the AC at the Dursley's house had broken down and Mr. Dursley couldn't find anyone to fix it until the upcoming Monday, which was three long days away. Harry and Hermione were both laying on his bed, careful not to touch each other because they were both so hot and sweaty, even the tiniest hint of body warmth made it ten times hotter. The window was up, which didn't help much considering there wasn't even the slightest breeze. Hedwig had left to fly up north, because it was too hot for him, so Harry let her go. No sense at making everyone miserable.

"I think I just shed about ten pounds just sitting here sweating," Hermione said and then reached over Harry to grab her water.

"Hey...don't touch me," Harry grumbled when she loomed over him.

"Calm down," she said and then chugged down her ice cold water and then grabbed a piece of ice before setting her drink back down.

Harry tried not to stare when Hermione started to rub the ice across the back of her neck and then over her shoulder and across her upper chest. Harry bit back a groan as he made himself turn away from the pleasing sight of her and closed his eyes as he tried to think of something else. His eyes then flew open and yelped when he felt something cold on his neck. "Jeez, Mione that's cold!"

"Well, excuse me for trying to be nice," she snapped as she pulled the ice away. "You looked like you could need it."

"I can rub my own ice on my own body thank you," he muttered as he took the ice from her hand.

"Fine...why the hell are you so grumpy?" she asked angrily.

"Because I'm hotter than Hades, that's why," he said as he ran the ice over him as he sat up. And sexually frustrated, he added quietly to himself. And this close to snapping and kissing you like a mad man.

"Well, so am I but I'm not taking it out on you!" she fumed.

He sighed as he threw the ice in the near by trashcan. "Look...just leave me alone I'm in a bad mood."

"No kidding...and fine I'll do that. You know, maybe I should just go back to Victor."

She then started to crawl over Harry to get out of his bed, but Harry grabbed her wrist to stop her. "No," he said firmly and accidentally tugged her a little too hard because she fell right on top of him. Her bare stomach, which was exposed from the sports bra she wore, was touching his flat bare stomach. The heat from their bodies almost felt like fire, but neither of them moved away. "Don't go," Harry finally said as he let go of her wrist and pushed back the curtain of her hair that fell in her face. "I'm sorry Mione...just don't go back to him."

"Why shouldn't I?" she asked, her voice cracking with emotion. "I'm obviously cramping your style here..."

"No, how could you say that, Mione,' he said as he cupped her face with both hands. "You are my rock. I can't survive this summer without you. I'm a jerk, I'm sorry for that...for what I said. Just...don't leave me."

Hermione sighed in defeat. She could never turn down those pleading green eyes...never. He has such power over her and he doesn't even know it. "Okay...I'll stay."

Harry smiled in appreciation as he pulled her head down and tucked it under his chin and wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," she said as she rested her chin against his damp skin. She then realized how intimate this position was...how sexy. They were both drenched with sweat...on top of each other and breathing heavily. It was almost as if they had just...she blushed before she could even finish her thought. With that thought she started to get up, but Harry tightened his grip. "You're probably really hot with me on top of you."

"I'll still be hot if you get off, doesn't really matter," he said as he closed his eyes feeling himself getting tired.

"What if Cho apparates?" she asked, thinking of excuses for them to separate.

"She won't...she's working and it's way past her lunch break," he explained and began stroking her hair with his fingers, pulling it aside so that her neck would be exposed. "I'm up for a nap."

"Mmm, I'm too hot to fall asleep," she said as she closed her eyes feeling tired as well.

"Well here," he said as he reached over and fished out some ice in his cup. "Relax, this will help." He placed the cold dripping ice cube on her shoulder, moving it across her skin in small circles. "Feel better?"

She nodded. "Yeah...much." She sighed in content as she felt him move the ice over her shoulder blades, then down her narrow back. Her mind was screaming, Stop this! You can't be doing this with Harry...you're best friend! But her heart was saying the complete opposite. This is what you've always wanted, isn't it? You've always wanted to know what it be like to kiss Harry...to be intimate with Harry. She argued for awhile, but her heart was winning. Her mother always told her when in doubt, always trust your heart.

Harry swallowed hard at the lump in his throat when he moved the ice lower, running it across her tattoo butterfly. For the love of Merlin, what the hell was he doing?! This was Hermione...he shouldn't be doing this...not when he was just getting more turned on by the minute. And the way Hermione was sighing and nuzzling her face against his chest, made him realize he wasn't the only one enjoying this. Cho...what about Cho? shit, I've never done anything this crazy and exciting with my own girlfriend! Then...he froze. Did Hermione just...move? No..of course not, she probably was just shifting on top of him to get comfortable. However, she did it again and this time she nuzzled her face in his neck, making it clear to him that she wasn't just readjusting herself. He immediately dropped the ice and gripped her hips to keep her still, completely stunned on what to do. Oh, he knew what he wanted to do, but he was hoping that his last rational thought in his head would soon take over. It never did. "Hermione?" he finally said.

"Harry?" she murmured as she buried her face against the crook of his neck.

"What...what are we doing?" he asked as he felt his fingers flex against her lower back.

"I have no idea," she said and then boldly kissed the soft spot below his ear.

Harry sucked in a breath, biting his lip to hold it in. "Merlin...this is insane."

"Crazy," she breathed as she opened her mouth and nipped him playfully. Where did this daring part of her come from? She certainly was never this way with Victor. It was like a whole new side of her had been dying to come out and play.

Harry opened his mouth to make a noise...or say something but nothing came out of him. He was in a complete state of shock...not knowing what to say...only what to do. He finally rolled her over on her back, looming over her as he pinned her down with his body. His face was inches away from her, strands of his hair fell forward, but Hermione immediately pushed it back gently with her fingers. His head bent down as if he was about to kiss her, but pulled back shyly only to nuzzle her lips with his briefly, before he finally buried his face in her neck.

Hermione's eyes fluttered closed when she felt his warm breath on her neck. She immediately let her fingers dive into his hair, clutching it tightly when he finally kissed her skin. He didn't stop there. Kisses rained all along her neck making her feel restless and content all at once. How this happened she would never know. One minute they were fighting and the next...they were stroking...petting and kissing. He hadn't kissed her yet though on the mouth and she was dying for him to. She then cupped his face and pulled him away from her neck, lifting his heavy head until he was looking down at her. Their noses bumped and their breaths merged together, with their lips only inches away. "Harry?"

"Hermione?"

"Do you want to kiss me right now?" she asked.

"Desperately," he breathed.

"What's stopping you?"

"A lot of things," he said honestly. "But my self control is about to fly out the window if you keep doing that with your hips."

She blushed. "Sorry...habit."

"Don't be." He sighed as he rested his forehead against hers. "Mione...I'm scared. I'm scared if I kiss you...it'll change everything."

"It will change everything...would that be so bad?" she asked as she placed a hand on his rough cheek.

He closed his eyes as he leaned into her warmth. "I don't know. Mione, I have a girlfriend right now...I'd be a cheater if I continued this."

She smiled softly. "You are a good man, Harry. But do you love her?"

"I thought I did...I really did...but now I don't know. If I loved her, would I be feeling these things towards you?"

"If you truly loved her...you wouldn't," she answered for him. "Which is why I never truly loved Victor."

His eyes softened. "He was never right for you, Mione."

"I know...I have to tell him sometime...I can't hide from him forever." She smiled up at him. "What are you going to do about Cho?"

He sighed as he rested his head on her chest. "I don't know...I just don't know."

"Just do what you feel is right in your heart, Harry," she said as she began to run her fingers through his hair. "That's the best advice I could give you." His response was only a nod and after a few moments of lying there, Hermione finally kissed the top of his head and then leaned up.

Harry immediately rolled off of her in confusion as she got up from the bed. "What are you doing?" he asked when he pulled her trunk from his closet.

"I'm packing," she said and turned to him. "I think it's wise for me to go."

"What?" he asked panicked. "Hermione..no please don't."

"You have too much to think about Harry," she said as she started to fold her clothes back into her trunk. "It's best that I'm not here to cloud your judgment."

Harry tried to argue with her, but in the end he knew she was right. If he wanted to make the right decision, he'd have to be in a place where Hermione isn't a distraction. He didn't want her to go...but he knew this was the best...for a while at least. "Are you going home?"

She nodded as she closed her trunk and then summoned it to her house. Harry Ron and Hermione were allowed to learn how to apparate a year later. Dumbledore thought it best, since they were Voldemort's main targets. "I'll owl you in a few days."

He stood up from the bed, only wearing his orange swim trunk because of the heat. "I'm sorry this happened."

"Are you really?"

He sighed. "No, but I am sorry to see you leave."

"I have to...just for awhile."

"I know," he agreed. "I'll miss you though."

"Me too," she said and gave him a smile and was about to apparate but Harry stopped her.

"Hermione wait," he said quickly taking a step closer to her.

"What is it?"

"Um...I...I just wanted to...." He let out a shaky breath. "Oh the hell with it," he said and then finally filled the gap between them with two steps and cupped her face with his hands before his lips swooped down on hers.

Hermione closed her eyes and her brows raised as Harry's lips were pressed hard against hers. Was this really happening? Was Harry really kissing her or was it another one of her dreams? IF it was just a dream, she hoped she never woke up. She finally lifted her hands to cradle his face, as her body began to relax. Harry's mouth turned soft and he took a step closer as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

Wow. That was the only thought he could comprehend at the moment. Wow. His past kisses have always been good...but never had he experienced anything like this before. It was as if something had been bottling up inside him at the pit of his stomach bursting to come out. Her lips were so soft and inviting, that he couldn't help but pry her lips with his tongue, plunging deep into her mouth. One taste wasn't enough, so he kissed her deeply again...and again, until he was blinded with desire.

Hermione's mind was spinning, her heart was bursting and her whole body was humming at the feel of his body pressed up against hers like a second skin. Her fingers dove into his unruly hair as she arched against him while he continued to kiss her senseless. She felt him start to push her back towards the bed, so she took small stumbling steps backwards with their lips still locked. Together, they fell onto his bed as they began to speed up the kiss even more. The passion between them was so raw and intense that both of them were loosing control. They both needed more...no matter how many times they kissed, or how many times they stroked it was never enough.

"Hermione," he sighed between kisses. "I can't get enough."

"Harry," she croaked as her back arched off the bed while Harry had his face buried against her neck.

"Guys...hey guys wake up..."

They pulled apart. "What was that?" Hermione asked. "Did you hear something?"

"No. Nothing," he lied and then kissed her again.

"Hermione! Harry!"

Suddenly, they pulled away from each other....

"Guys..c.ome ON..wake up, it's me..."

Harry blinked as his room started to come into focus. He felt someone pressed up against him, which was probably Hermione. Who was there and why the hell did they interrupt us? he thought as he rubbed his eyes groggily. Wait a second? Why am I tired? I sure as hell wasn't sleeping...was I?

"Ron?" Hermione said as she sat up away from Harry. "What...what are you doing here?" she asked blushing.

Harry suddenly sat up and looked around the room frantically, then looked over to see a confused Hermione. What was going on? They were in the middle of a make-out session, than Ron was there? No..it couldn't have been. It wasn't a dream...it was way too real!

"I apparated just a second ago to see you guys sleeping on the bed, you two must have dozed off," Ron said as looked at both of them. "You were both sleeping hard too, it took me forever for you to wake up. I almost thought something was worried."

So none of it happen? Hermione thought frantically. The ice he ran over her body? No, no…she remembered that clearly. That was real. Did they doze off during that? The steamy kiss they shared? That was all just a dream? It couldn't have been! She then glanced over at Harry who seemed to be sporting the same confused space. Did he have the same dream?

"What were you guys dreaming about anyway?" Ron asked.

"What?" they both said quickly as the looked up at Ron.

He chuckled. "By the look of the smiles you had on your faces and your cheeks turning red now, I'm guessing it was a good dream."

Harry and Hermione exchanged uneasy looks, before they both flushed with embarrassment and quickly looked away. It was only a dream.

Oh, I'm going to get so much crap for this, LOL. I totally forgot about this part, considering I wrote this a year ago. Well, come on with it, I can take the yelling and cursing. Take your best shot!