Unofficial Portkey Archive

Summer Bliss by Harrys Mistress
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Summer Bliss

Harrys Mistress

Hey guys. Sorry, no Four of Hearts tonight, I have dinner plans with friends tonight. But here's another update of Summer Bliss. Glad you guys are liking it.

Chapter 4

Harry's footsteps echoed through an empty corridor of the place he called home. Hogwarts. He looked around curiously as he kept walking, wondering why the hall was deserted. It wasn't in the middle of the night, because the sun shown brightly through the glass windows. Usually the halls were crowded during the day. Where was everybody?

Harry stopped and then stared at Hermione who was perched up on a windowsill gazing out the window. The sun shimmered around her, making her look ten times more beautiful than she already was. He remembered how it felt to run his fingers through that long flowing hair, and the memory of how her lips felt against him made his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. She finally turned towards him. She smiled. Harry found himself walking towards her, making sure he took his time, even though he was desperate to get to her faster.

She turned away from the window towards him, but still sat on the stone ledge. "We meet again Harry."

Harry stood right in front of her, placing his hands on either side of her hips while his squeezed between her knees. "Another dream?" he whispered as he loomed over her. Their lips were only inches away from one another. But they did not touch.

"Another one of our dreams," she said as she slid her hands down his chest which was covered this time with just a plain white hugged his upper body to show off well define torso.

"Why do we keep having these dreams, Hermione," he asked as he stepped closer to her...their noses bumped.

"I don't know, you tell me?" she asked as she slipped her thumbs underneath the band of his jeans and playfully tugged on them to bring him closer.

"Hermione, I'm with Cho," he said but closed his eyes when she leaned up to kiss his neck.

"That's true," she murmured against his skin. "Why don't you close your eyes and think about her...maybe I'll go away."

He let out a shaky sigh as he kept his eyes close, trying to think about Cho...trying to imagine it was Cho that was using that clever mouth on him. He finally pulled away and opened his eyes.

"Am I gone?" she asked with a slight smile.

"No," he said as he shook her head. "Still my Hermione sitting in front of me."

"Your Hermione?" she asked amused. "I'm not yours, Harry...I belong to Victor."

"Mmmm, no," he said and this time he buried his face against her neck. "You're my Hermione.... always will be."

"And you're my Harry," she whispered as she clutched strands full of his thick unruly hair. She closed her eyes when she felt him kiss her neck...and then again as he trailed kisses up to her ear before moving over her jaw line, making sure he got every inch of skin. He then kissed her chin, then hovered over her own pair of lips, both of them breathing deeply as they looked into each other's eyes.

They then went for each other. Mouth seeking mouth. Hands groping. Teeth and tongue clashing. There was no finesse in this kiss. Only raw passion.

Hermione's back slammed against the glass so hard, she was afraid it might shatter into pieces, just like her whole body did when Harry kissed her. Her arms found him and she pulled him desperately closer to her as he continued to devour her with his eager mouth. She didn't know it could be like this...she had no clue. All she did know was that when Harry kissed her.... it felt right.

But then.... it suddenly stopped. He was yanked away from her as if someone yanked him away by a string. She reached for him.... but only grabbed air.

Hermione jerked herself awake as she lifted her head off the pillow, blinking until she remembered where she was. Victor's guest bedroom finally came into focus and she collapsed her head back on her pillow with a sigh. "Why do I keep having these dreams about Harry?" she asked herself in the dark. "Why?"

She didn't know the answer to that, but she suddenly had the biggest urge to call Harry. Even if it was in the middle of the night. She then sat up in her bed and reached over to turn on the bedside lamp before picking up the phone. She took a deep breath.... and dialed.

She held her breath while she waited for him to pick up. It rang once...twice and then a third time and for a second Hermione didn't think he was going to answer. But then he heard him pick up...then she heard some rustling, then breathing. "Mm, 'lo," his scratchy tired voice filled her ears and she couldn't help but notice how sexy he sounded. "Harry?" she finally managed to say, her voice was a little husky as well from sleep. "Harry, you there?" she asked again when he didn't answer her.

"Yeah, I'm here," he mumbled as he shifted under the covers and rolled on his back. He sighed as he closed his eyes and threw his arm over them. "What's the matter?"

"I'm sorry I woke you up," she whispered and snuggled under her covers when she got a sudden chill. "I...I couldn't sleep."

"Hermione, you can sleep through a heard of Hippogriffs," he stated, not buying it. "You only have trouble sleeping when something's bothering you."

He knew her way too well, she thought. "It's nothing Harry.... I'll let you get back to sleep."

"You hang up that phone, then you can find a new best friend," he said quickly before she could hang up. "I'm up now...we can talk."

Hermione smiled in the dark. "How's your summer going?"

"Boring honestly," he said as he shifted under his covers to his side to get more comfortable. "This summer is going by incredibly slow. Hasn't even been a month yet." He yawned into the phone. "But these fun phone chats are helping me cope."

Hermione yawned as well but chuckled when she was done. "I enjoy them too."

"How's Krum?"

She forced a smile, even though Harry couldn't see it. "Good.... he uh, stayed out late tonight...with his teammates, so I'm sleeping alone in the guest bedroom so I wouldn't wake up when he got home."

Harry paused for a moment while he let what she said sunk in. "Let me get this straight. You went over to Bulgaria to visit him...his GIRLFRIEND.... and instead of going home to spend time with you, he goes off with his buddies?"

"Harry," she sighed, knowing they were going to get in another argument about Victor. "I don't mind, I was...."

"No, I don't want to hear it, okay?" he said sternly and then sighed. "Hermione, only a FOOL would chose a night of drinking with the guys.... guys he sees ALL day might I remind you...rather than spending it with a beautiful girl."

"Harry, you..." She suddenly stopped when she realized what he said. "You...you think I'm beautiful?"

His heart dropped. "Of course I do, Herms...I think you're gorgeous. You have more than just looks though Hermione, and I think you know that. You're smart, talented, funny and one of the most sincere and giving person I've ever met...and what makes me so furious is that Krum doesn't see it...he has no clue what he has.... why do you think I call him Krum Dumb, huh?"

She sniffed as she felt the tears start to swarm in her eyes. She didn't know what to say, no one...not even her boyfriend had ever said anything like that to her. Her heart ached at his words and it touched her in so many ways. She tried to hide her tears from Harry, but she failed. "

Herms...sweetie, are you crying?" she heard him say softly.

She shook her head. "No," she cried even though it was obvious that she was because her voice cracked and she sniffed and sobbed into the phone.

"Oh, sweetie," he said as he laughed gently into the phone. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"I'm...sorry...I'm just...you're right.... about Krum that is and....I'm about fed up with it, Harry." She sniffed again as she wiped a tear away. "This house...it's huge and it has enough in it to entertain me for my entire stay here, but...I don't care about that Harry, I wanted to spend time with him..."

"I know," he said softly.

"He doesn't get it," she sobbed;

"Hermione...please just leave him, okay?" he pleaded. "You deserve so much better than that."

"I don't want to be alone this summer, Harry, I...."

"Come see me then," he said suddenly before she could even think of another reason to stay with Krum.

She blinked. "Come...visit you? At the Dursleys?"

"Yes!" he said getting excited about the idea. "I never invited you or Ron over before because I didn't want you two to have to suffer through it.... but now I'm being selfish and I want you to come see me."

She smiled and laughed softly. "The Dursleys wouldn't bug me Harry. I want to see you, too."

He smiled brightly, his heart beating frantically with anticipation. He wanted her to be there tomorrow.... no, tomorrow wasn't good enough...he wanted her to come now. "Pack and get over here."

"Harry, I just can't leave in the middle of the night...."

"Why not? Krum just left you to go out with his friends...why don't you show how it feels?"

Hermione bit her lip as she thought about it. He did have a very good point and she was also very tired of being the quite little girlfriend who did what she was told. "You're right...let me get my things and I'll apparate to you." She paused and smiled into the phone. "I'll see you in second."

"Can't wait, Herms," he said and then hung up the phone with her and sat up in his bed while he waited for her to get there. He was anxious to see her. Now that he had another dream about her.... just tonight and Hermione calling him was what woke him up. It was pity too; he was really enjoying kissing her in a deserted corridor in Hogwarts. He still didn't know what to think about it...he knew he was attracted to Hermione, but also knew he shouldn't act on it...he had a girlfriend for one and the other reason was Hermione.... she probably saw him as just her friend and nothing more...

"What yaw thinking about cutie?"

Harry's head snapped up and saw Hermione standing at the foot of his bed with her bag over her shoulder. She was still wearing her pajamas and also sported a smile on her face. She was a sight for sore eyes. He let out a laugh as he flung his covers off him and sat up on his knees while she dropped her bag to meet him half way. She knelt on his bed and flung her arms around him, both laughing with excitement as the force of the hug knocked them off balance causing them to fall together on the bed.

A/N:I know they aren't allowed to apparate till their seventeen, but I wasn't familiar with that rule until after I wrote this part like a year ago. So I explain why they are able to later in the storyJ