Unofficial Portkey Archive

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

Hermione Potter

A/N: Chapter 9's author note is gone and was replaced with a new chapter, but you all did not notice it, so look out for this chapter!

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 10: Green Eyed Monster

Hermione closed her eyes as Harry's kiss deepened, wrapping his arms around her.

"Hermione...." he murmured as she drew her fingers through his hair. She was already up against a stone wall. They were too caught up in their passion to realize a gapping Cho.

"How could Harry like a thing like her?! I am so much prettier than her!" Cho thought angrily. Then her frown turned into an evil grin.

Harry slowly pulled away, taking shallow breaths as he buried his face in her neck. In turn, she needed to lean against him from keeping her knees from buckling. They both smiled at each other.

"That was certainly-"

"Amazing."

Harry chuckled, putting his arm under her back and knees before picking her up and spinning her around. He grinned, watching her clutch to him shrieking to be let down. He listened to her wishes and placed her back on the floor.

"I like you...a lot Hermione," he whispered, leaning his forehead against hers. Her smile faded knowing he only liked her instead of loved her like she did with him.

"I like you too Harry," she smiled, kissing his cheek. He blushed, cupping her neck, and bringing her into another short kiss. She giggled softly, pulling away. "I'm sure your parents are waiting for us." she whispered.

"So let them wait a bit more, I've been wanting to kiss you forever," he tried kissing her, but she resisted.

"Harry, there's much more time for that. For now, let's just go back to the ball and not give anyone ideas yet," she smiled, leading him back into the hall.

Cho fisted her hands angrily. "How could she make him like her in less then five months while I've been trying to for two years?!"

Harry and Hermione walked back into the hall and saw everyone was still dancing. Harry spotted his parents dancing. He sighed. He always wanted to have what his parents had. Someone to actually love, and to have them love him back. He hoped that Hermione would be that someone.

Hermione glanced at him and watched as a red-headed boy walk toward her.

"Mind if I take her for a spin on the floor eh, Potter?" he grinned. Harry grinned back.

"Sure, I'll dance with Luna," Harry smiled before disappearing in the crowds to find...Luna.

"Come on," he said, bring her out and placing a hand on her waist and clasped his other hand around hers.

"What's your relation to Harry?" Hermione asked, stepping back and forth.

"I've been his best friend since we were eleven. I'm Ron Weasley. And of course you're Hermione Granger." Hermione nodded and continued to dance with him.

"Who's Luna?" she asked another question.

"She's...uh my close friend," Ron said thoughtfully. Hermione chuckled.

"When you say close friend, you mean you both like each other more than close friends," she grinned.

"Yes."

After a few more minutes, Harry walked over to the two and wrapped his arm around his arm around her shoulder.

"Well, I'll leave you two and go find Luna. Oh and Hermione? Don't break the poor boy's heart. He's had too many of those already," Ron grinned, patting Harry on the shoulder. He gave his friend a glare before turning to Hermione. She stared at him.

"What did he mean by that?" she asked as they both sat town at the high table.

"I've had really bad relationships before. Fleur Delacour, Cho Chang, Susan Bones, Isabella Montague," he sighed, taking a sip from his goblet.

"Oh," she said. He looked at her. "But that doesn't mean I want it to happen with us. I really like you Hermione...You make me feel happy. And I really do want us to work," he smiled, stroking his thumb down her cheek. "Merlin, she's beautiful." he thought.

"I want it to work too," she smiled, kissing his lips briefly.

"Excuse me. Hope I'm not interrupting anything important. Harry, would you like to dance?" Cho sauntered up to them and batted her eye lashes at him.

"Umm...if it's okay with Hermione," he replied nervously.

"Of course she doesn't mind!" Cho smiled, pulling him to dance. Hermione rolled her eyes at Cho. "Boy is she a desperate girl..."

"Isn't this like old times Harry?" Cho whispered, pulling him close to her. He pushed her away and placed his hands where they belonged, along with hers.

"Cho, I don't appreciate that you're trying to sashay your way to make me like you. I've told you loads of times, I'm not interested," he sighed, dancing back and forth.

"But don't you miss the passion we had? The lust, the love?" she pouted, running her hand down his chest. He snatched her hand and put it back on his shoulder.

"We had NO passion. NO lust or love. I may have had a crush on you at some point of my life, but I'm over it Cho," Harry breathed, breaking away from her.

"Oh no you don't." she breathed, pulling him back and kissing him. His eyes widened in shock as she kissed him harder.

Hermione's eyes widened as she saw Cho kiss Harry. But what shocked her was that Harry didn't push her away. She felt her heart break and ran out of the hall, only Ron noticing.

"Cho! Gods!" he exclaimed pushing her away. He wiped his mouth on the back of his hand.

"What the hell was that about?" Harry asked angrily.

"Didn't you feel that spark? It's still there Harry. Oh Harry, we could still have a chance," she smiled sweetly.

"No we don't have a chance. We never had and we never will," Harry breathed before walking away.

Hermione felt tears pricking at her eyes. She promised herself she would not cry. But she couldn't help it. She ran into the stables and mounted StarFire before riding off hurriedly. "I got to love someone and heartbroken in one night."

Back in the hall, Harry walked back to the table to find Hermione wasn't there. He felt someone clasp their hand over his shoulder. It was Ron.

"She ran out mate...I guess...she saw what happened." he explained. Harry's eyes widened before he dashed out and ran to her room. Almost everything was gone. On the made bed laid his pajamas that he had given to her along with the dress and headpiece his mother gave her.

His heart started breaking and he ran outside to the stables....

StarFire was gone too.

A/N: Well....I felt like updating, so please review. This is my present for all of you for the release of HBP! I hope you all pre-ordered the book and are going to the midnight parties. I wish you all well and alas...we will meet again!