Unofficial Portkey Archive

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

Hermione Potter

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 6: Ginny's Shocking Secret and Harry Awe

"Wh-What?" Hermione stuttered, her face shown in disbelief. She stood still, looking at Harry.

"Wou-Would you like to g-go to the Ch-Christmas B-Ball with me?" Harry asked nervously, fiddling with his fingers. He couldn't look in her eyes, fear of rejection in his eyes.

Hermione smiled softly. She placed her fingers under his chin and lifted his face up. "I'd be honored,"she answered. Harry's eyes widened in shock.

"You will?" he asked.

"Of course! Who would say no to Prince Harry?" she teased with a wink. Harry blushed and smiled back at her.

"Thank you. I thought you would have said no," Harry said guiltily.

"Well there's one problem. I have nothing to wear!" Hermione laughed. Harry blinked.

"My mother will know how to help you. I can't believe you accepted!" he grinned. She sighed softly before she remembered something.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed, feeling around her neck. Harry's eyes stared confusingly.

"What's wrong?" he questioned. Hermione looked at him with a stricken look on her face.

"My necklace! It must have fell off when I went back to the forest!" she cried.

"What's so special about it?" Harry said carefully. Hermione had tears trickling down her cheeks.

"My parents gave me that before they died," she whispered as Harry pulled her into a comforted embrace. He ran his fingers through her bushy hair as he tried soothing her sobs.

"It's all right Hermione. I'll get it back for you," Harry whispered into her ear gently. Hermione looked up at him.

"N-No, you don't have to do that," she argued weakly. Harry gave her a smile.

"You're one of my closest friends Hermione. Even more than most of my friends. I care about you. Very much," he confessed. She buried her face in his shoulder and cried.

"Stay here. I'll go get it. Don't worry," Harry smiled, pulling away from Hermione and slowly making his way out.

"Thank you, Harry," Hermione whispered as she watched him growing farther away.

Harry grabbed his cloak and clasped it around his neck. He grabbed his Firebolt. (A/N: Yes, Harry has a broom.)

He mounted his broom and flew off.

"That necklace is the only connection Hermione has with her parents," Harry muttered sadly, but determined to find it no matter what.

Harry flew through the dark skies and over the tree of the Forbidden Forest.

He landed in front of Hermione's small house and opened the door, hearing it squeak. It was cold and drafty without Hermione's presence in the room. Harry looked over at the table that was in front of a worn-out chair. On it was a silver necklace. Hanging off of it was a sapphire heart-shaped sapphire. 'Hermione's birth stone,' Harry thought, smiling softly.

He slipped the necklace into his pocket and walked out. Harry looked around carefully before getting on his broom. Before he could fly off, voices stopped him.

"I don't care about Harry. I told you!" a girl's voice shrieked quietly.

"I told you. I don't fucking want him around you. I know how you liked him," a man's voice swore. (A/N: Sorry about the swearing.)

Slowly, Harry crept behind a tree and poked his head out. His eyes widened at what he saw.

"Ginny, Potter is a bastard." Draco's voice spiked.

"He's in Gryffindor. You're in Slytherin. He's Prince. You're Prince. And you are enemies. But that doesn't mean we have to be," Ginny said softly, reaching out to touch his cheek. Draco's face softened.

"I know Red. But he's Saint Potter. Defeated Voldemort! Will everyone just forget about it?" he sneered.

Harry watched, his jaw slack. 'Ginny and Draco? Unbelievable!' Harry thought incredulously.

"Can't we just forget about him? I don't like him anymore," Ginny whispered desperately, reaching up and kissing him. She moaned softly as Draco turned and pushed her against a tree. Whimpers came from her mouth as he suckled the flesh of her skin.

Harry hid behind a tree, disgusted and nauseated. He mounted his broom and flew as fast as he could back to his house.

Hermione stood in her room with her arms flared out as Mademoiselle Anastasie measured her height. Lily had heard of Hermione's escort to the Christmas Ball, so she wanted to help with her outfit.

'My, my, Harry has wonderful taste,' Lily smiled.

Anastasie grabbed her wand and pointed it at Hermione.

"How about this dress, dear?" she asked as a powder blue gown appeared on Hermione's body.

"Oh Hermione! You look beautiful," Lily exclaimed. Hermione blushed as a mirror appeared in front of her. She had to admit, she did look pretty.

"Hermione!" Harry's voice yelled, bursting into the room. He stopped dead in his tracks as he spotted Hermione. She turned around and looked at Harry.

Harry stood, awed at the sight in front of him.

"Wo-Wow," Harry spoke.

"Doesn't she look stunning, Harry?" Lily asked. Hermione blushed under his gaze.

"Stunning. Yeah," Harry said, dreamily. Hermione felt herself blushing more.

"Thank you, Harry. I appreciate it," she whispered, turning around and looking at herself in the mirror. Lily winked at Harry, who looked down with a red face.

"Now shoo! No seeing your date until the ball. Go on!" Harry's mother pushed him out and closed the door.

Harry slumped against the door before he remembered Hermione's necklace. He tried opening the door, but found it locked.

"Come on, son. Let's play some Quidditch," James grinned. Harry smiled and grabbed his broom.

'I guess it can wait.' he thought.

A/N: Sorry I didn't update everyone! I've been so busy lately! But don't worry! Hermione Potter is still alive! I'm going to be updating most of my fics by next week! Thanks for stickin with me!