Unofficial Portkey Archive

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

Hermione Potter

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 8: Beautiful

"Oh, I'm so nervous!" Hermione exclaimed as Gwendolyn and Lily got her ready for the Christmas Ball in their dancing hall. Lily laughed.

"Oh, Hermione. I remember when James's parents asked me to come to the ball. I was in a fright just like you, but much worse," she explained. Hermione just kept staring at herself in the mirror.

"Do you think Harry will like it?" Hermione asked. Gwendy smiled heartily at the girl.

"Miss Granger, I am positive that our young Harry Potter will be rendered speechless by your lovely appearance." Hermione blushed hotly ad murmured a quiet, "thank you."

She continued to stare at herself in the mirror and smiled. She didn't look that bad at all. She looked very pretty to say at the least. Her hair had been tied up with into a bun that had strands from sticking from it. But ringlets framed her face, bringing her brown eyes out.

Her eyes were shown off with a soft shadow of whitish-silver powder that made her look mysterious. She wore no other make up except for a shiny gloss that graced her lips.

The dress she wore was very simple but accompanied the shape of her body. It was pure white and stretched to the floor. It was held on by two thin straps, but had ruffles below her arms which created sleeves that nearly reached her wrists.

"Almost done. Now for the finishing touch....," Lily trailed as she opened one of her jewelry boxes to reveal a crystal head piece that sparkled when the light hit it. In the center was a flower that amazed Hermione. It was stunning. Then Lily placed it on her head. Hermione's eyes widened.

"Oh no! I couldn't! It's too beau-," but she was cut off.

"Nonsense! It looks perfect on you! And your necklace goes perfect with everything as well. Now, the ball is starting soon. And I'm sure that Harry will be coming to get you any second!" Lily exclaimed.

"Honestly, Miss Granger. Don't worry. He'll think you're very beautiful," Gwendy smiled.

Suddenly, the doorbell was rung throughout the huge "castle/house". (A/N: lol. I want them in a surrounding of a castle)

"Oh! The guests are arriving already? I'll go get that," Gwendy said.

"No, Gwendolyn. I will. Tonight, you can relax and enjoy yourself at the ball," Lily grinned, before disappearing outside.

"You remind me of Lily when she was your age. So curious and such a sweet girl," the elder woman said to Hermione and cleaned up before heading out herself.

Hermione sighed softly and looked at herself in the full-length mirror. The finishing result was beautiful. After all, she never had this kind of luxury. And she did like it...

"Hermione?" Harry's voice called from behind the door. She jumped, startled and took a deep breath before walking to the door and opening it..

Harry looked up and his jaw dropped.

"So...do I look all right?" she asked shyly, looking down. To say she looked all right was a huge understatement. Harry blinked a few times before his mind came back to Earth. He lifted her chin up so that he could look into her eyes.

"I must say, that I have never seen someone as beautiful as you, Hermione. The fairest of them all," he grinned teasingly, nearly avoiding a hit from her.

"Thank you Harry. And might I say that you brush up nicely as well," she replied wit a smirk. And she was right. He was dressed in midnight blue dress robes that had gold trims. His hair was as messy as ever from the attempts that she could tell he made. But all in all it was still very adorable.

"Well, may I have the pleasure of escorting this fair lady to the Ball?" he grinned as kneeled and kissed her hand. She blushed.

"Of course," Hermione smiled, before they laced hands and began walking toward the dancing hall.

"My friend Lee Jordan will be introducing the royals from each kingdom. I hope you don't mind." Harry told.

"No, of course not. I don't mind one bit, really," Hermione turned to him and kissed his cheek. His eyes widened.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For letting me stay here. For taking me to the ball. For being a gentleman," she answered, as they reached the front of the hall.

"Harry! There you are!" Cho's perky voice yelled. Harry groaned.

"Umm, and she is?" Hermione whispered. He sighed. "Old crush. Won't leave me alone...."

"Oh Harry! I haven't seen you in such a long time! Marybeth and Gwendolyn keep telling me you're always busy. I've missed you so much," the Ravenclaw girl pouted as she hugged him tightly. Harry looked at her and patted her back nervously.

"It's good to see you too, Cho. And before I forget. This is the lovely girl I will be escorting to the ball. Hermione Granger," Harry smiled, taking her hand again and kissing it.

She bowed slightly.

"It's wonderful to meet you Lady Cho," Hermione greeted politely. Cho looked at her as if she was a servant.

"Yes...it is. And this is my escort, Roger Davies," Cho smiled sweetly as Roger and Harry shook hands.

"And might I say, you don't have bad taste Harry," Roger grinned. Harry grinned back.

"Why thank you my dear sir. But I think that my choice was her choice indeed," he replied which kind of confused everyone.

"Well well, look who it is. Potter," Draco Malfoy's eerie voice called.

"Mind your attitude Malfoy. I've had enough of our wars. Give it a rest," Harry growled.

"Watch your back Potter. You wouldn't want your precious forest girl getting hurt," draco whispered dangerously in his ear. Harry's eyes flashed angrily.

"You keep your bloody hands away from her. If I see you near her, I will personally hurt you myself," Harry threatened back Draco narrowed his eyes and became silent. .

"Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to the Gryffindor Kingdom Christmas Ball. And what is better than introducing our princes and princess!" Lee Jordan's voice sounded from the hall.

"Better be getting ready then," Harry smiled and squeeze Hermione's hand.

"Don't worry. You'll do fine," he whispered in her ear and felt her relax instantly.

"From the Slytherin Kingdom, Prince Draco and Lady Pansy," Lee announced as the guests clapped while Draco and Pansy descended down the steps and into the hall.

"From Hufflepuff, Prince Justin and Lady Hannah." The couple descended down just as Draco and Pansy had.

"From Ravenclaw, Princess Cho and Sir Roger."

"Oh, Harry! Save me a dance," Cho winked at Harry. He tugged his collar uncomfortably and just stayed still. And then Cho disappeared behind the doors.

"Harry?" Hermione said next to him. He turned his head and looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to thank you for taking me to this. You didn't have to," she smiled. Harry relaxed considerably.

"I wouldn't come here with anyone but you," he whispered softly and saw her blushed which made his fill with joy.

"And from our very own Gryffindor Kingdom, Prince Harry and Lady Hermione!" Lee Announced finally and the two made their way down to the hall.

Hermione blushed as the guests whispered and stared at her. After all, this was the first time she was appearing willingly. Harry tightened his fingers around her reassuringly. She sighed as James started to talk.

"Thank you for attending our ball this evening. Please enjoy it and after the dancing, we shall be feasting ourselves in dinner and we hope you stay to enjoy the festivities. And with that, please if you may, dance!" James announced and with the flick of his wrist, music sounded around.

Harry grinned and turned to Hermione. "May I have this dance?" he asked, bowing slightly.

"You may," she answered taking his hand and he wrapped his arm around her waist as she laid a hand on his shoulder. From the other side of the room, Lily and James swayed to the soft music.

"My my. Harry is growing up so fast.. And wouldn't Hermione make a wonderful bride for him?" Lily sighed and placed her head on James's shoulder. He chuckled above her.

"Lily. He's only seventeen. He shall be wed as soon as he turns eighteen. And then he will have a Queen. Now we don't know if Hermione will be, but we know better than to drive him into a marriage where he won't be in love. Just give him time Lils," James explained, kissing her forehead.

"Of course. And he better not blow it like his father," she winked.

"Oh, Lils. That hurt," he pouted and watched her laugh.

"May I cut in?" Albus asked and appeared dancing with Minerva McGonagall.

"But of course Albus. I'd be honored to dance with Minerva," James spoke smoothly and traded dancing partners with Albus.

Lily smiled at the older wizard. "Having a good time Albus?" she asked as they danced gracefully. His blue eyes twinkled.

"Quite. Thank you for inviting me. It has been a while since I've seen Harry. He's grown into quite the young man. Reminds me of James. Had a habit of getting into trouble. Noble none the least. Though James had you to make him try to stay out of it," Albus chuckled.

"Well he was a Potter. And Potters always had that habit. Especially Harry. But he did it for fun which didn't cause that much damage," Lily laughed as she watched James charm Minerva.

Later that evening, Harry and Hermione shared their fifth dance.

"Have you been enjoying your time here?" he asked, breathing in the scent of her hair.

'Very much. It's really peaceful," Hermione answered in a soft whisper. Harry felt her fingers playing with the hair that was at the nape of his neck.

"I hope you consider living here," Harry smiled, tightening his embrace around her.

She could feel her face heat up as he said that.

"I might.. You never know Harry Potter," she grinned.

"Oh really Hermione Granger?" he joked back as he spun her. He heard her giggle as he dipped her lightly.

"I almost thought you were going to drop me there," she smiled. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and whispered quietly.

"I would never do anything like that intentionally. I would do anything to protect you 'Mione." Harry replied. He felt her smile as they continued to dance silently, she listening to the beats of his heart.

A/N: Sorry for such the long wait in updating this story. It might be still rusty. I know a bit over a year ago, I would be updating every week, but I've noticed that now that I take longer, the story becomes more in depth and detailed. I might update every 2 weeks if I have time. 2-4 weeks time. Soo...until I decide, please review and be nice!!! Thank you.

These are what Hermione's clothes and accessories looked like at the ball.

Hermione's Dress

Hermione's Hairstyle

Hermione's Hairpiece