Unofficial Portkey Archive

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close by Hermione Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

Hermione Potter

Worlds Apart, Hearts Close

By Hermione Potter

Chapter 9: Two Ways to Find Trouble

From the corner of his eye, Harry saw Ginny slip past the doors and out. Suddenly, he stopped dancing.

"Harry? What's wrong?" Hermione asked, looking up at him.

"Sorry. Just follow me," Harry gripped her hand and they slipped quietly after Ginny.

"Harry! Where are we going?" Hermione whispered, as she walked after Harry.

"I saw Ginny run out. She wasn't supposed to," he explained.

"Ginny? You mean that girl you were with that day in the forest with the Dementors?" she made a face.

Harry held his finger to his lips to silence her and quietly neared a lit room. Harry peered through the keyhole and saw Ginny. His eyes widened.

Harry opened the door and heard the Weasley girl gasp.

"Ginny? What are you doing with Malfoy?" he asked. Ginny was in the embrace of Draco Malfoy. His eyes narrowed at the couple. Hermione stood behind Harry, rolling her eyes at Ginny. She could feel the redhead's eyes narrow at her.

"Well Harry, since you couldn't satisfy my needs and wants, I went to someone else. Someone much better," Ginny smiled as Draco lowered his lips to her neck. Harry was disgusted.

"Your parents and brothers wouldn't be happy about this, Virginia. You should go back to the ball while I have a talk with....Malfoy," Harry replied, trying to restrain his name-calling. Ginny sighed before waltzing bak inside the dancing hall. Draco's eyes darkened.

"Look here, Pot-," he was cut off when Harry pushed him against the wall.

"No, you look here you filthy name of a wizard, you end it with Ginny or even the Death Eaters won't be able to find your scrawny body," Harry threatened. Hermione stared in disbelief.

"I don't think you should be worrying about Red. You should be worrying about your little mudblood bitch. The Death Eaters would love to have her. She doesn't have that bad of a bo-," Draco couldn't finish his sentence because Harry had punched him right in the stomach.

"Don't you bloody dare threaten Hermione. You aren't worthy enough to even say her name. I told you once and I would be happy to tell you again. You are to stay away from Hermione. Never go near her you ferret," Harry growled, putting him down and leaving a stunned Draco on the ground.

Hermione walked back quietly behind Harry, thinking of what had happened. She had never seen him act that way. The Harry she usually saw was kind, shy, and sweet. This Harry was protective, vengeful of Draco, and just..different. Suddenly she bumped into Harry.

"Why'd you stop?" she asked softly, watching him turn to her.

"I'm sorry about my outburst back there. Sometimes he really gets to me. And what he said about you really..got me," Harry sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Hermione looked up at him. This was the Harry she loved....Loved? That's taking it a bit far isn't it?

"It's okay. It just really surprised me. I've never seen you act that way," Hermione smiled gently. He just nodded quietly in response.

"Ginny...was she...ever your...you know....." she asked wearily.

"No. I mean, I know she's liked me a lot, but I don't see her that way. She's my best friend's sister so I see her as a sister," Harry answered. Hermione breathed a sigh of relief.

"Why do you ask?"

"Um..well..I was just wondering," she blushed. Harry looked at her for a few moments as she felt her face heat up more.

"You know, you're very pretty when you're flustered," he chuckled, not realizing what he just said. Her eyes widened.

"Oh shush you dolt," she smacked his shoulder playfully. He smiled teasingly at her.

"I'm serious. You look very beautiful," Harry whispered softly, caressing her cheek. She found herself falling into his emerald eyes.

"Th-Thank you....," she stuttered as he pressed his lips to hers.

Unknown to the two, a raven-headed Ravenclaw was watching with jealousy.

A/N: This update is for Frank my patronizing reviewer. I've missed my reviewers soooo much! I hope you all missed me too. Hehe..