Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Elvin Bride by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Elvin Bride

gypsybaby21

Chapter Six:

Draco blinked rapidly at the display in front of him.

Could he actually be jealous-over her? How could this be happening to him? It was ridiculous. Why should he care if she decided to be with another girl?

The problem was, he did care. It was a horrifying feeling. One that he didn't want to rush in on feeling again, but the fact of the matter was, Ginny was his soul mate, but he would not let her disrespect him like she was.

"Excuse me," he growled, his left eye twitching.

Cela continued to kiss Ginny for three more seconds before she pulled away smiling in satisfaction as she glanced up at him, but not before noticing the dazed expression on Ginny's face. Ginny's eyes were still shut and her cheeks flushed. Her lips were as red as a rose petal, still in a 'kiss me' form, before she realized it had stopped.

Draco hoisted Ginny up to her feet. "She's mine now, so I suggest you keep your distance. I'm not one for sharing."

"I do not belong to you or anyone! I am not Jane…Tarzan!" Ginny snapped, remembering a movie she had seen when she went to Hermione's house with her brother the previous summer.

Draco looked stumped. "What are you on about?"

"Forget it," she sighed and jerked her arm away.

The moment she pulled from Draco's grasp she felt it. Coldness. She hadn't even realized that the moment he touched her warmth had spread through her. It was like his clutching of her arm was natural. The difference, now that he wasn't touching her, was almost painfully icy. Her eyes snapped to Draco and she saw him looking at his hand.

Good! The pompous bastard feels it too.

Ginny flinched slightly, as she saw Draco reach for her, and gasped as he yanked her towards him. His grip was tight, strong, and she knew she'd bare the bruises in an hour or so, but Ginny would never be able to describe the feeling that pushed aside the pain. It was a tender, loving, and somewhat of an erotic sense that had Ginny shaking from head to toe.

"I suppose I must taste the goods, before the purchase is complete," he stated, his gray eyes dark with something only slightly familiar to Ginny, as he dropped his lips to hers.

She couldn't really say it was her first kiss, because the fact was it wasn't, but it was really the first time she'd ever felt her toes curl with pleasure-she definitely had enough room in her shoes (which were handed down to her by her brother Ron) to do so. It was like fire had engulfed her, spreading rapidly down to her gut. His gentle suckling of her bottom lip was such an amazing feeling that Ginny actually her herself whimper.

When had she ever whimpered, really whimpered, from a kiss?

Ginny knew she should pull away, hell; even beat him down for taking extreme liberties with a person he supposedly hated. No matter how hard she tried to clench her hands into a fist though, it just wouldn't happen. It was almost as if feeling had left them and it had all gone to her lips and belly. Her knees were even bending with weakness and she almost did fall when Draco slipped his tongue in her mouth, lazily massaging hers.

If her senses hadn't been going wild with the closed-mouth kiss, they were definitely in a 'to hot to handle' category now. Ginny moaned as Draco pushed his hands through her hair, clutching the back of her head so it would stay. Her hands lifted to clench around his upper arms. She wasn't really sure how she'd managed that. Though it could have possibly been the fear of being held in place. The experience was erotic and sweet, all at once.

She tasted like strawberries.

It was the first thought Draco had had. It was the same thought that continued to go through his mind as he intensified the kiss, as he held back a groan of pleasure, and as he finally felt her tongue respond to his.

Just as he was about to let his hand trail down her arm, she jerked away, and looked at him in shock as she brought her fingertips to her, partially open, mouth. She let them fall, causing her lips to follow the motion, which made Draco clench the sides of his black slacks tightly. He almost allowed himself to lean down and steal another kiss, but he paused as he took in Cela's appearance.

Ginny glanced over at Cela, and sucked in a breath. She had never seen anything so frightening in her life. Cela's hair was moving to a wind that shouldn't have been there, her eyes were completely blood red, and a deep blue tattoo formed in the middle of her forehead. It looked like writing only, in a different language.

"Cela, your eyes-oh Merlin. Are you angry? You said it yourself; Draco's just misunderstood, right. So you don't need to be angry. Please, Cela, you're scaring me," Ginny pleaded with her friend, walking up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

Draco scoffed. "You don't really believe that stuff about me being misunderstood, do you?"

Cela shrugged Ginny's hand off and looked at her.

~So that's where all your things went. ~

"What?" Ginny asked loudly.

"Are you going nuts already?" Draco asked, nonchalantly.

~Telepathy, Ginny, it's Cela. ~

Ginny's eyes darted towards Cela. "H-how are you doing that?"

"She's completely bonkers! That's it, there is now way I can live, or be soul mated to a psychopath!"

Ginny pushed Draco's face away and glared at him. "Cela's talking to me telepathically. Forgive me for finding it interesting. Can I do that?" she directed the last part to her friend.

"Yes, but it's an ability that elves have to develop. I can help you, but like I said, we won't be having night times together. Your stuff is gone."

"What?" Ginny shook her head trying to clear it.

"Some little green, brownish guys came in, and packed up everything."

"The school elves? Why do I have to move in with him? Why can't it be the other way around?"

Cela scoffed. "Those are not elves, more like ugly goblins."

"They are elves. There just a different race."

Cela looked at Ginny dumbfounded. Ginny just shrugged. "Hermione told me."

Draco slowly backed away as Harry, Hermione and an unsteady Ron walked up to them.

"Poor Ginny," Hermione sighed, brushing her hands through her hair.

"This must be awful for you," said a 6th year Gryffindor girl whom Ginny hadn't really gotten to know.

"Yeah," she sighed, and then turned to look for Draco.

Why doesn't anyone say 'Poor Draco'?

Yeah.

This has to be just as bad, probably worse for him.

"Ron, are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"Fine," he gritted out. "Why don't you go after him? Talk to your husband now," he spat out.

"Stop talking to me like it was a decision I willingly made. I don't appreciate that. Did you ever think of how this could be for him? Why would he do this on purpose? He despises everything about us. He wouldn't stoop this low just to get back at you. He wouldn't make his life miserable just so he could get you! Think before you act," Ginny turned to find him, the longing in her gut compelled her to go faster.

What the hell was wrong with her?

"That's right! Go after your snake lover!" Ron screamed.

Ginny with her back still turned stopped dead in her tracks, and her shoulders slumped at her brothers' hurtful words.

"Ron!" Hermione screamed. "What is wrong with you?"

Ron glared then cried out. "Ginny, I'm sorry! Wait!"

Ginny turned and gave him a sad look. "It's okay, Ron. I understand why you would say something like that, but truth be told, what Dumbledore said, it was true. I can feel a connection, a strong one, between Draco and I. It's pushing me to go after him, literally. Like if I don't go after him my heart will be ripped to pieces. When he was standing next to me he had grabbed my arm and when I jerked away I felt so cold, like I had frozen over. I can feel the power of this, and I don't think I can fight it. I'm sorry I'm disappointing you, but I'm not that little girl you've protected and loved your whole life. I've grown up, even though I haven't been acting grown up as of late, but that doesn't mean I don't love my brother anymore. Do you understand? I will never ever stop coming to see you or forget about you," Ginny paused and she knew then that that was what Ron feared. "That's it isn't? You afraid of losing your little sister, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "It's just after The Chamber of Secrets-"

Ginny cringed at the words.

"I-I…when I found out that you might die, the only thing I could think of was, I won't have anyone to tease, or to nag, like Fred, George, Charlie, and Bill did."

"You forgot Percy."

Ron shook his head. "No I didn't! Everyone gave him a hard time; he simply lifted his nose and turned the other way. I always felt you and I were closer, because we would always be left behind, you were also the only one who ever got my jokes."

Ginny scratched her nose and gave a little laugh. "Ah, no! I pretended to get them, because I wanted to hang out with my big brother. Ron, I look up to you. I always will. We were left behind a lot weren't we?"

Ron shook his head smiling.

Ginny smiled, and then dropped it sadly. "But you know what, you ended up leaving me behind too."

Ron squinted his in shock. "What? No I didn't!"

"Yes, you did. You grew up and you left to go to Hogwarts. It was no longer you and I waiting to go. It was me, just me," Ginny shrugged, smiling gently. "You were off having wild adventures with the great, beautiful Harry Potter."

Harry flushed and dropped his gaze.

"I'm sorry, Gin, I-"

"Ron, you can't be sorry for growing up. It's inevitable, you finally realized that's exactly what I was doing, and you got scared. You aren't the only one. Do you remember this summer when you walked in on Fred and I yelling at each other?"

Ron grinned. "Yeah."

"Fred had taken me shopping for an early birthday present, and he caught me eyeing this really gorgeous guy. He said something so mean; I don't even remember what it was. So what I did is I went over to the guy and left with him. When I came home an hour later…well Fred snapped."

"What? I didn't hear about this!"

"Don't worry. The guy I was looking at liked guys. Nothing happened. Oh, was Fred furious, he and George were always the pranksters, so I had never seen him like that. I thought he was going to hit me, but he didn't, he sent me to my room. Then when you came in and yelled at Fred for yelling too loudly at me, I smiled, because I thought to myself, I have wonderful loving brothers. Even though they knew exactly how to tick me off."

"It's what we're supposed to do!" Ron grinned.

"I love you, Ron. You'll always be my big brother," Ginny smiled and hugged her brother.

Ron became uneasy. "You don't have to be all like that."

Ginny chuckled.

"Why don't you, go-go," he gritted his teeth, "go after him. Tell him I'm-"

"That you're sorry?"

"Yeah. You know ever since you've become an elf your emotions have been driving me insane. One minute you are a lunatic, the next you're a baby, the next your well I don't know what this is."

"Ron, shut-up," Harry said shaking his head. "Seeya, Gin."

Ginny smiled and went after Draco.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco was livid.

This can't be happening. I'm a Malfoy.

Draco's stomach hurt from the fight, a dull ache forming behind his eyes, and he cringed as he accidentally moved to fast.

"Draco! Wait."

He scowled. "What do want Weasel?"

"To talk to you," she ran in front of him, stopping him in his tracks, "I'm sorry about what happened and believe it or not I yelled at Ron for it. He apologized."

Draco snorted. "Again, which part of that am I to believe?"

"So, now I guess I have to go with you to our room. I don't know where it is."

Draco sighed and rolled his eyes at her attempt to change the subject. "No one does. Lucius pays for me to have my own wing connected to the Slytherin side. It's an invisible entrance that goes through the door that I originally would have stayed at."

"So…I guess we'll be up there all by-all by ourselves," Ginny paused and her eyes widened in fear, "all night."

Draco turned his head, eyeing her before he gave smirk. "I don't expect anything. Yet, anyway."

Well, it almost made her feel a little better.

But in reality it made her stomach hurt worse. Yet, Draco had said. What worried her was would she be willing when that 'yet' came?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! Harry, I-I have to talk to you," Hermione breathed out after chasing him down.

They had taken Ron to the hospital wing, he'd been complaining about his side, and Madam Pomfrey said it would be best to leave him over night. Ron had asked Hermione to stay for a second to help him with his Transfiguration homework so Harry had left them. Now, after running through half of the castle, Hermione was gasping for breath.

She had made her decision that she would tell Harry her feelings. She only hoped she had missed him.

Harry grimaced and turned. "What is it?"

"I-well I, um," Hermione stopped, took a deep breath and pushed her hair behind her ears, "I feel for you."

Harry leaned back on his heels and gave an amused look. "A-huh?"

"I mean, I mean I have more than friendship feelings for you."

Harry's smile slowly dropped. "Oh."

Hermione sighed. "Oh, is right."

"Hermione, I-"

Hermione pushed her finger against his lips. "Before you say anything…I want you to know that I've felt like this since our fourth year. I think with time, if you feel the same way, I could even love you. I mean I do love you now, but I think if you just well dated me you could too."

"Hermione…"

"Harry, let me finish. I don't want you to say anything if you don't feel the same way and if you don't, I'm hoping we can pretend this conversation never happened. I don't want to lose our frien-" Hermione was cut off by Harry putting his hand over her mouth.

"I feel the same," he whispered.

Hermione gulped. "Y-you do?"

"I do," Harry gave a sad look, "but I'll never act on my feelings."

"Why?"

"Because Ron loves you too!"

Hermione's eyes widened. "Oh, god."

"Yeah," Harry sighed and turned around.

"Harry-"

"Hermione, please wait until his feelings go."

"What if your feelings go first?"

Harry turned and gave her a knowing look. "They won't."

Hermione shuddered as his looked pierced her soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron sighed as he leaned against the fluffy white pillow. It was good to get babied.

"This is the life," he hummed.

"Yeah, don't get too used to it!" Hermione came in.

He jerked up. "Hermione, what are you doing here?"

"I've come to confront you about your feelings for me."

Ron grinned and shook his head. "I figured this was coming."

"How did you figure it?"

"I know you have feelings for Harry. I've known for some time now."

"Do you have feelings for me?"

"I thought I did, I mean I love you," he smiled as he watched Hermione flinch. "I'm not sure, but I think it's just for a friend."

"Well, let me kiss you then and we can figure it out," she said.

"That's my Hermione, going straight to the death grip."

Hermione leaned forward and placed her lips on his bruised ones. It was sweet and tender, but no electricity so they pulled back. Hermione put her fingers to her lips and looked up at Ron.

"I didn't feel anything," Ron sighed. "So you can go to Harry now."

"I didn't feel anything either, but I won't go to Harry just yet. I'll visit you," Hermione grinned as relief flooded into her.

She would make Harry wait a little longer for her. He had no idea how great of a person Ron was.

She could be with Harry.

To Be Continued…