Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Death Arch by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Death Arch

Harry85

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JKR does. Some details are taken from the fanfiction HP and the Psychic Serpent by Barb that can be found on fanfiction.net.

A/N: And so we are come to the end of this story. I want to thank all of you who read and reviewed it, and as usual, if you do that for this chapter I'll be happy once again. thanks to my wonderful beta Cheryl, who had to work a lot on this story, and for all of you, be ready for the sequel, I hope it will come soon.

Chapter Eleven

"Summer's Arrival"

Next morning Harry woke up to the sound of chirping birds and the feel of a warm body next to him.

"She is even beautiful when asleep. My angel, what a way to wake up," he thought.

After admiring his love for a few minutes he finally gave in and woke her up. Hermione smiled at the first thing she saw; Harry's handsome face smiling back at her. "I could get used to waking up like this every morning," she said wincing as she stretched out she was sore but happy sore.

"Me too," Harry agreed but when he noticed her wince he asked, "Are you really okay? Did I…hurt you?"

"Oh Harry, I'm perfect." Hermione responded and then kissed him. The kissing soon turned into snogging that led to…

000

Hermione fell back panting and said, "Oh my, could I ever get used to waking up like this."

"That was…you are…holy crap." Harry stuttered making love first thing in the morning was definitely something he could get used to as well. "Too bad we have to get back to the castle otherwise I'd much prefer to spend all day here with you." Harry said.

"Right the Castle…revising, what was that again?" asked Hermione playfully, she was still catching her breath.

"What I have done to you?" he said in mock horror.

"Turned me into a wanton witch that can't get enough of her wizard," she teased.

"Your wizard, I think I like that," he mused.

Hermione smiled sheepishly in response, as she got dressed.

Harry hunted around for his jumper and then pulled it over his head, he grinned as he `caught' Hermione checking him out.

"You know Mr. Potter. I don't know if you noticed, but you are fine. I think I may have to brush up on my hexes to keep the competition at bay." Hermione said cheekily.

Harry pulled her close, kissed her briefly, and then answered, "You, Miss Granger, are the only witch for me." Harry mounted his broom and then helped Hermione climb on in front of him. As he kicked off he kissed her cheek and whispered, "the only witch for me."

Hermione smiled, leaned back against his strong chest and enjoyed the ride back to the castle.

--

Before they knew it classes had ended and summer break was upon them.

An uneasy truce existed between Ron and Hermione. It helped that Ron was now officially dating Luna Lovegood and that they appeared to be very happy together. Every once in a while Ron would roll his eyes at some outlandish theory of Luna's but for the most part though, he adored her. Ronald Weasley finally knew, really knew what unconditional love was all about.

Boarding the train, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Luna found an empty compartment. Settling in they chatted about the past year's events. At one point, Luna relayed the actual moment she and Ron became a couple. Ron grew rather embarrassed and uncomfortable. Begging the excuse that he needed the loo he quickly exited the compartment before Luna got to the most humbling part of their courtship.

After completing the story, to gales of laughter, Luna set out to look for the long absent Ron. Immediately upon her exit, Hermione took out her wand, cast a strong locking charm and warded the door.

Harry looked at her in surprise surely didn't want to...

"Alone at last," she said, smiling.

He smiled back, crossed the compartment, scooping her up in his arms and holding her close. He brushed his lips against hers. He felt her mouth opening, and her tongue flicking teasingly on his lips. Soon they were in a full out snog.

"Wow..." she said when they parted for air.

"You can say that again," answered Harry before kissing her again.

Meanwhile Luna had located Ron and they had returned to the compartment only to discover the door locked. He pulled out his extendible ears to have a listen even though he knew he really shouldn't. He nodded his head smiling. He looked at Luna and said, "I think they've got the right idea. What do you say we check out the loo again…very closely?"

"Yes Ronald, I like that idea very much," replied Luna with a giggle, "Lead the way my King."

000

"I really don't think I'll ever tire of this." expressed Hermione as she finished buttoning her blouse.

Harry adjusted his trousers giving Hermione a very satisfied smile. "Me neither luv. How am I going to get through the summer without seeing you everyday?" sighed Harry.

Positioning herself on Harry's lap she said, "I promise I'll owl everyday. Will that help?"

"A little…" Harry teased before capturing her lips in a gentle kiss.

Some time later, Ron and Luna returned to the compartment.

"So…where did you two run off to?" Harry asked, grinning.

"Oh, it was amazing, Ronald made me a member of the "Express Club," Luna offered, innocently, "I still don't understand why we had to make love in the loo though."

Ron flushed.

"Hermione, we should look into joining that club too," Harry said. Hermione playfully socked him on the shoulder in response and they all laughed. They were almost back to normal.

"Things sure are different from last year, aren't they mate?" Harry asked. Hermione, Ron and Luna all agreed.

Suddenly becoming serious Ron said, "You know…I am really happy for you both. You deserve some happiness after the year you've both had. After the life you've had Harry. I really truly am sorry for the part I played in what happened, but in a way I'm glad too. Because it brought you two together and helped me realise…" Luna took Ron's hand giving it a light squeeze encouraging him to continue, "Realise that I'm the luckiest wizard in the world to have good friends like you and a wonderful girlfriend like Luna." He then bent down giving Luna a tender kiss and said, "I owe you so much Luna…thank you for making me a better man."

It was Luna's turn to flush and the she threw her arms around Ron and said, "Oh, I love you Ronald Weasley."

"I love you too Luna," Ron whispered in her ear holding her tightly.

"Thank you, Ron." Harry replied, "That means a lot to me…to both of us." Harry then pulled Hermione's hand to his lips to kiss the back of it.

Hermione looked over to Ron and Luna, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. She mouthed, "Thank you Ron."

In that moment, Draco entered the compartment his arm around Lavender.

"Hey Potter, Granger…did you know that you two are the odds on favourites to be Head Boy and Head Girl next year?" asked Draco. Harry and Hermione just smiled and then invited the couple to join them.

"What a strange group we make," said Harry as he grinned at the sight of Draco and Ron sitting side by side…with their respective girlfriends gracing their laps.

"Yeah…well…Malfoy's not so bad." said Ron.

"What's that supposed to mean, Weasley?" asked Draco with a mock sneer.

"Now boys…" Lavender started to say.

"You aren't so much of a prat anymore either." offered Draco.

"Draco!" Lavender scolded, "Play nice or you won't get any…" She whispered the rest of her statement into his ear so the others couldn't hear. Draco paled a bit at her words but recovered quickly.

"You wouldn't." stated Draco.

"Try me," challenged Lavender.

Luna interrupted them, "I think you two need to visit the loo."

Everyone looked a Luna puzzled.

"You know, work out your tension…you need to join the "Express Club." Luna explained.

Lavender and Draco were confused. Ron was blushing beyond all embarrassment and Harry and Hermione were desperately trying hold back their laughter.

"Ronald? I think we may be the only members of the club." Luna suggested. She then turned to Draco and Lavender to explain, "It's a bit awkward but doable. You make love in the loo and then you become a member of the Club. I'm not sure if there are weekly meetings. Ronald?" Luna turned to look at Ron; however, he was too embarrassed to respond. He stared out the window, silently praying that someone would change the subject. "Ronald? I've gone and said something wrong again haven't I?" Luna asked with a sigh. The only sound was Hedwig flittering in her cage and squawking loudly.

Ron turned to his girlfriend with tenderness in eyes. He pulled her closer to give her a reassuring kiss before saying one word, "Never." Luna relaxed in his arms and smiled with that far away look that she alone owned.

Soon the Witch with the snack cart came by and the group loaded up on sweets and drinks. They had an enjoyable time and good conversation. Hermione and Draco got into a rather heated discussion over House Elves and Lavender took that as their cue to leave.

"Well…after all that pumpkin juice I must go to the ladies room." announced Lavender.

"I'll go with you Lavender," Draco said quickly. As they made their way out the door Draco leaned into Ron and said in hushed voice, "Express Club…brilliant mate…brilliant." He gave them a wink and exited the compartment after Lavender.

With just the four them in the compartment again Harry locked and warded the door. He added a silencing charm for good measure. "There is something I need to tell you, both of you," he said looking to Ron and Luna. Hermione reached over and took him by the hand. Giving Hermione a warm smile he continued and told them about the prophecy.

"Bloody Hell! So Vol-He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named chose you? Blimy…it could have been Neville instead of you?" Ron shuddered at the implications.

"Yes he chose me and now it's either him or me. Only one of us can live." Harry replied, pulling Hermione closer. She wrapped her arms around him tightly resting her head on his shoulder. "Hermione, luv, don't worry. I intend to succeed." Harry whispered her. She looked at him, her face brimming with tears, and nodded. She knew that he would do everything in his power to defeat Voldemort.

000

King's Cross

Draco, of course, had to pretend to be an arse and brushed past them. Putting on an act for his Father was wearing but necessary. He knew his Father wouldn't approve of Lavender and fortunately she understood. They had already said good-bye on the train. Draco smirked as he remembered that good-bye. She was quite a witch.

Ginny, Ron and Luna made their way over to Molly and Arthur. Harry and Hermione stopped to say a quick hello. Ron hadn't filled his parents in on what had happened between him and Hermione. He had to do some quick explaining as his parents gave him a confused look as they still thought he and Hermione were together. Harry squeezed Hermione's hand at Ron's lame explanation but the went along with it.

Harry did smile when Ron proudly introduced his new girlfriend to his parents. Luna beamed as Molly pulled her into one of her famous bone crunching hugs.

Harry took Hermione by the hand and they passed through the barrier. Once on the other side he stopped and whispered in her ear upon spotting her parents, "Hermione, how would you like to spend part of the summer hols…with me?"

"Really? Yes! Of course I would. But how?" she asked, curious.

"Well, I'm sorry I didn't mention it sooner…I was distracted. My Aunt, Uncle and Dudley are going to Spain I think for the first part of summer. Dudley convinced them to leave me at the house…I won't have to stay with Mrs. Figg's."

"But will you be safe? Does Professor Dumbledore know?" she asked, suddenly becoming serious.

"Hermione, yes, Dumbledore knows. I am protected at Privit Drive, the blood protection but there will be Order members keeping an eye on things." he said reassuringly, "What I don't know is whether your parents are letting you stay with me."

The Grangers waived to Hermione and she ran into their open arms. Dr. Granger held her daughter in a tight hug.

"Harry! How are you?" Dr. Granger asked, "Thank you again…for everything," he added shaking Harry's hand.

"Oh, you're welcome sir," Harry answered slightly embarrassed at the praise. Hermione's mum then turned to Harry and gave him a hug and said, "Thank you so very much for safely bringing back our Hermione."

"I'd do anything for Hermione." Responded Harry half strangled from the hug.

"Really?" asked Dr. Granger with a hint of suspicion.

Harry looked nervously at Hermione. She obviously hadn't told her parents that they were dating yet. `Sod.'

The Grangers looked at each other. "Is there something we need to know?" asked Dr. Granger.

"Mum, Dad, I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Harry Potter," announced Hermione with only a slight smirk.

"Oh my…boyfriend? Ian," Dr. Granger turned to her husband, his eyes twinkling like he already knew, "Ian did you already know?"

Ian cleared his throat, "Ummm, no…suspected, but no I didn't know until just now, Leanne."

Leanne gave Ian a pained look and said, "This changes things…the two of them…alone?"

Hermione gave Harry the "Oh sod, they are not going to let me go with you for the summer because we are dating" look.

Hermione opened her mouth to protest when a voice said, "No need to worry, they will be well chaperoned."

"Bill?" Harry asked.

"Harry. Mr. Granger. Mrs. Granger. Hermione." Bill said, "I'm William Weasley, Ron's oldest brother, I was asked to keep an eye on these two for the summer."

"Oh well…okay…that's…okay," sputtered Leanne as she sized up the young man before her. The hair, the earring…'is that a…tooth?'

Harry and Hermione looked on at Bill in surprise. Harry inwardly sighed in relief…Dumbledore could have sent Moody.

"Excellent, now that's settled, I understand that you'll be taking these two to the…house. I'll meet you there," said Bill giving the semi stunned Harry and Hermione a quick wink. Bill casually looked around then with a soft pop he disapparated.

"My word!" exclaimed Ian, "Can you to do that?"

"Not yet Dad, I don't have my licence yet and Harry's not of age," explained Hermione trying not to sound exasperated.

"Well then, off we go," stated Leanne and they all headed to the car park.

The drive to Surrey was quiet. Harry smiled at the site of Bill standing in the drive as Dr. Granger pulled up. Harry unlocked the door and they quickly moved their trunks into the house. Mrs. Figg came over and had a quick word with Dr. Granger and she seem pleased by what Mrs. Figg had to say.

Dr. Granger pulled Harry to one side, "Harry, sorry about earlier. We, Leanne and I that is, we are thrilled that you and Hermione are now dating. We were a bit surprised when she took up with Ron, we didn't think he could handle her…uhhh…studious nature, but you…we know you are different."

Harry smirked `yeah studious nature…if he only knew…' and said, "Thank you sir, that means a lot to me. I lo-care for Hermione. I quite fancy her bossiness, keeps me on my toes."

"Glad to hear it son," replied Ian, "Please, call me Ian."

"Okay…Ian," said Harry tentatively but with a smile.

"Leanne, we just about ready to go luv?" called out Ian.

Hermione and her mother joined Harry and Ian in the driveway and made their goodbyes. Bill waved goodbye from the doorway.

"Now, don't forget to give us a ring after dinner every night. Agreed?" said Leanne.

"Agreed," replied Hermione.

"And be mindful of Mr. Weasley, don't give him any trouble," ordered Ian.

"Yes sir/dad," they courused.

"We'll be back in about a month to pick you up. Have a nice time and be good," shouted Leanne as Ian dragged her to the car.

"We will," Harry and Hermione said together waving to the Grangers as the pulled away.

Holding hands they made their over to a grinning Bill.

"What are you grinning about?" Harry asked.

"Nothing," he winked, "I'll be off now."

"Ron…" said Harry as the realisation dawned.

"Yeah," chuckled Bill, "He thought you might need…a grown up."

"Thanks Bill," replied Harry.

Hermione gave Bill a quick peck on the cheek and with that he said, "Anytime Harry. Though to warn you, Mrs. Figg will be dropping by once in a while to check up on you," and then he disaparated.

Alone, Harry turned to Hermione and kissed her softly.

"This is going to be the happiest summer of my life," he said as he wrapped his arms around Hermione and kissed her more deeply.


-->