Unofficial Portkey Archive

Secrets From the Past by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Secrets From the Past

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: This chapter is kind of pointless. It really holds no importance other than I wanted a little more fluff.

P.s. Thank you everyone who's reviewed this story! I really appreciate them! They make the story easier to knowing that you're all still reading! Thanks again!

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A Good Morning

Very early the next morning, Hermione awoke with a wonderful feeling flowing through her. She could hear the rain that was still tapping against the bedroom window and the wind that whooshed by. She could hear Harry beside her, his breathing was gentle and calming. She turned her head slightly to watch his chest rise and fall, and then looked at his face. His eyes were closed and his hair was ruffled. His lighting shaped scar was just barely visible through the strands of unruly hair. Hermione reached to brush the loose locks out of his eyes and away from his scar; then, slowly moved to run her fingers over it.

She traced it with her fingers, her eyes welling with tears as she thought of what it represented. She hated that even in the happiest of moments - this one, Voldemort still plagued them. Her fingers traveled past his scar, as she discarded all thoughts of Voldemort - he was NOT going to ruin this. Slowly, her fingers moved over his sleeping eyes and down to his cheeks...jaw...and she stopped at his lips. Taking her hand away, she pressed a kiss to her fingers and returned them to Harry's lips. "I love you Harry." she whispered. "I promise, I'll do anything and everything to protect you." She smiled at him as he slept and continued to listen to him breathe until it soothed her back into slumber.

Later, Hermione woke once more, but this time to the absence of the tranquil sounds of Harry's breathing. The rain, she still heard, but no breathing. "Harry?" she whispered blearily, turning her head.

"I'm here." Harry whispered next to her. Hermione rolled over onto her side to look at him. He was lying sideways, propped up on his elbow and his head in his hand. He was staring at her.

"What?" she asked relaxing her head on a pillow.

"Nothing." Harry said smiling tenderly. "Just watching you sleep, that's all." Hermione gave him a breathtaking smile as he began to stroke up and down her cheek with his hand, letting his thumb brush over her lips. It sent a wave of shivers down her spine. She closed her eyes to memorize this blissful feeling while Harry continued to entrance her with his simple touches. Before she knew it, Harry was pulling her into his arms. She moved closer to him and, getting warmer next to his body and wrapped an arm around his chest and nestled herself comfortably in his arms. Pure ecstacy flowed through her. Harry hugged her to him, not wanting to ever let go of her, let alone have to get out of bed sooner or later.

"Mmmm", she moaned. "This is nice. I don't ever want to leave."

"I know what you mean." Harry said kissing the top of her head. They held each other for several minutes before the heard a noise somewhere in the front room.

Before either of them could react, Ron had entered the bedroom. "Harry where have you been? Do you know where Hermione - " Ron stopped dead in the entrance of the room. "Bloody Hell!" he exclaimed at the site of Harry and Hermione holding each other. They both sat up and wore expressions of shock that matched Ron's.

"I guess you already know where Hermione is." Ron said mockingly. "When did this happen? You two didn't - did you?"

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and then back at Ron. "Ron!" Hermione shouted.

"Not that it's any of your business, but no."

"Sorry, sorry." Ron said laughing. "So what is this? Did you two finally figure it out last night? Or have you two been going on like this forever?"

"What?" Harry and Hermione asked in unison. "Wait, slow down Ron." said Harry. "What are you talking about? You're not surprised, is what your saying."

"Of course not." Ron said. Harry and Hermione stared up at him with questioning eyes.

"Well, I only mean that it's about time you both hooked up. Everyone knows you like each other." Ron said.

"Love each other." Harry corrected him quietly.

"Right." Ron said. "We all knew that."

"Who's `we'?" Hermione chimed in.

"Well, everyone really." Ron said. "Anyone who see's you two together. It's been so easy to see that you two fancied each other. I mean you both obviously care about each other a lot, you can tell whenever you have row."

"We were that obvious?" Harry asked looking down at Hermione (who was still in his arms) and back up at Ron. Ron only smiled. Hermione was confused.

"How were we obvious? And Harry and I never really quarreled. Well, not as much as you and I did anyway." she said to Ron.

"Yeah, but you and I only bickered about stupid things, and you know it was only because I really liked you - I told you that last year, remember?" Hermione nodded her head.

"That was just bickering. And anyway I have Luna..." Ron continued. "You and Harry have always had more serious arguments...you know, about life or death situations and stuff like that."

"Alright." Hermione said, still unconvinced that she and Harry had been so obviously infatuated with one another. "But I still don's see how that would make it obvious that we were in love with each other. I mean, don't you think you were reading into it a bit deep?"

Ron snorted. "No. There's little things you both do..."

"Like what?" Harry asked. Ron rolled his eyes and walked over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Well, you know Hermione hugged you every chance she got. Still does actually, but now...well, she's got a reason." Ron added snickering. Hermione threw a pillow at him. "Get on with it." she said.

"Okay, okay." Ron said throwing the pillow back at her. "How `bout back in third year, d'you remember when Harry fell off his broom that one Quidditch match?" he asked Hermione.

"Yes, what about it?"

Ron looked over at Harry. "You should have seen her Harry. She was hysterical! I mean she was crying here eyes out. D'you remember, her eyes were all red and - "

"Okay Ron!" Hermione snapped. He get's it. I was crying my eyes out. But I mean, come on; Harry had just fallen off his broom from about fifty feet high and I thought he'd died! Honestly Ron, how come you weren't crying your eyes out?"

"Because I'm not in love with Harry!" Ron laughed. "I knew he was fine, Dumbledore made sure of that."

"Whatever." Hermione retorted. "You've only mentioned two things, and they don't even seem the least bit obvious about Harry and me being in love."

"I'm not finished yet." said Ron. "So, where was I? Oh right! Try this one: Do you remember when Harry and Cho kissed that night?"

Hermione's expression turned cold. Harry noticed this and looked menacingly at Ron.

"Please, do you have to mention that?" Harry asked him. Hermione pretended not to be bothered by the mention of Cho...by the mention of Cho kissing Harry...her Harry.

"Calm down mate." Ron said. "I only meant that Hermione," he said looking at her. "You seemed really upset about it. I mean you didn't congratulate him or anything. You just told him everything he did wrong."

Hermione frowned. "Okay, okay! I couldn't take the image of the pair of them kissing! I wanted Harry! There, are you happy?!" she snapped at Ron.

"Yeah. I knew it!"

Harry looked at Hermione. "I knew you never liked her."

"So?" Hermione said.

"Nothing!" Harry added quickly and kissed her on the forehead then turned to Ron. Hermione cuddled herself up to Harry even closer, as if protecting that which was hers. Harry was definitely hers, and no one else could ever have him.

"But still, Ron, that was only you. No one else knew about that." Harry said.

"Oh shut up!" Ron said waving him off. "Look, it was obvious for me because I was around the two of you all the time. Other's saw other things, alright! Don't worry about it anyway. You're both together now, it doesn't matter."

Hermione leaned back into Harry's arms and rolled her eyes at Ron.

"So, I take it you two won't be down for breakfast then?" Ron asked as he got up from the bed. "Never mind, I already know the answer to that. I'll send Dobby up here with some food." Ron said, and then walked out of the bedroom.

"Ron!" Hermione called out. Ron came back and poked his head in the room. "Yeah?"

"Please don't say anything to anyone. Not yet anyway." Hermione said.

"Hermione, you and Harry are my best friends. I won't tell anyone. I promise."

Hermione gave him a smile. "Thank you." she said earnestly. Ron winked at the two of them and left the Head Boy chambers to go and find Luna.

"And don't forget to pay Dobby!" Hermione yelled after him and sitting up.

Harry laughed. "You are too cute." he said to Hermione while he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I know." she said cheekily, lying back into his arms. "Can't we just stay here all day?"

"I wouldn't mind." Harry said.

Hermione basked in the feeling of Harry's arms sweetly wrapped around her. She closed her eyes and was nearing peaceful sleep once again when Harry spoke.

"Hermione," he said.

"Hmm?"

"Did you get the answers you needed from Professor Bright?"

Hermione's eyes shot open. "What?" she asked slightly worried at the mention of "Professor Bright".

"You're homework." Harry said, still stroking her hair.

"Oh that!" Hermione let out. It took a moment for her to begin breathing again. "Yeah, she did."

Harry was quiet for a moment, which made Hermione rather nervous. When she was about to change the subject, he spoke.

"What do you think of Professor Bright?" Harry asked.

Hermione paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. "She's nice." she said.

"Yeah, she sure is better than all the others we've had...well, you know other than Remus. I wonder where she comes from. I wonder why Dumbledore chose her."

"Beats me." Hermione said quickly and leapt out of Harry's arms.

"What's - "

"I'm just going to the bathroom Harry, I'll be right back."

"Okay." Harry said eyeing her curiously.

Hermione walked out of the room and into Harry's bathroom around the corner and closed the door behind her. After closing the door, she leaned her back against the door and immediately let out a frustrated "Augh!!! This is so hard!" she muttered to herself angrily. "Alright Hermione, calm down." she told herself. She pressed her hands against her head and ran her hands through her hair and stood there for awhile. A few seconds later she heard Harry calling her.

"Hermione! Dobby just came and brought us some food." he called to her.

"Okay! Be right out!" Hermione called back. She composed herself and let herself out of the bathroom.

"I'm in the front Hermione!" she heard Harry shout.

"Alright!" she yelled back. "Act normal." she told herself.

"Did you pay Dobby?" she asked Harry as she walked into the room.

"Yes, of course Hermione." Harry said, reassuring her with a to-die-for smile.

"Good." Hermione said sitting down on the sofa. "So, what did Dobby bring us?"

Harry sat down beside her and brandished a large pile of fruit that was sitting on a silver platter. "Yum!" Hermione said eagerly. "What else?"

"My aren't you hungry." Harry said as he waved another silver tray in front of her nose, which was full of breads and cheeses. Hermione seized the tray and snatched it from Harry's hands. "Yes!" she said smiling. "I gave up my dinner to be with you last night...I am not giving up breakfast. No matter how much I love you!" Harry laughed. "Do you want some eggs?" He offered her, holding up a plate full of them. Hermione got up to take the plate from him, but as soon as she got close to him, with his speedy hands he set down the plate and pulled Hermione to him. "Gotcha!" he said and began tickling her.

"Ha - Harry!" she gasped. "St - stop!" Harry ignored her and continued to tickle her mercilessly. He loved this. This sort of relationship with Hermione. It was perfect in so many ways. He couldn't believe how fortunate he was to even be in the presence of someone like Hermione, let alone tickling her mad as her boyfriend.

Hermione continued to wither and squirm under his fingers gasping for breath and laughing so hard that tears were now coming from her eyes. "Harry! Please...please Harry!" she continued to yell, laughing heartily.

"Okay, okay." Harry said letting go of her. Hermione shot up and backed away from him.

"You'll pay for that Harry!" she said sticking her tongue out at him.

"Sorry love, I just had to have you in my arms again."

Hermione shot him a smile and then sat down beside him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You called me `love." she said musing on the word.

"Yeah." said Harry, now tracing the lines on Hermione's hands. "What about it?"

"That's what my dad calls my mum."

"Oh, sorry. I - "

"No, no, no, no...that's why I like it." Hermione said quickly. "I mean, it's so long lasting...do you know what I mean? Does that make sense."

Harry smiled and kissed her on the nose. "No. But I like that you like it...`love'.

They spent the next hour chatting with each other and cuddling when Hermione finally decided it was time for them to leave the room. "Harry you have homework to do. We really should get to the library."

"Hermione, no matter how much you say you love me, I think your heart will always belong to that library."

"Shut up Harry." she said smacking him playfully in the arm and walking over to the portrait hole entrance. "I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed. I'll meet you in the library then?"

"Alright..." Harry said in a whiney voice. "We'll stop snogging and cuddling and go read under the watchful eye of Madame Pince!"

Hermione simply rolled her eyes at him and blew him a kiss as she walked out the portrait hole.

"She is so amazing." Harry said to himself after she left. "I promise I'll never let anything happen to you...Love." he added with a smile.

Harry cleared up the food with a small incantation and then went to take a shower. His thoughts wondered to those he had the day they had arrived at Hogwars, not but a few weeks ago. This year was definitely going to be great, not to mention what a good morning this was. And last night...no question was one of the greatest moments of his life. Harry's mind was at ease and he was the happiest he had been in a very long time.

A/N: I know this chapter was short...and a bit pointless, I needed to get a chapter up to get the story going again because I've been busy with other stuff. I also just wanted a little more fluff before I let them out of the room. And besides, I need to gradually ease you all into the drama!!

Thanks for reading. Please review!


-->