Unofficial Portkey Archive

Secrets From the Past by Green_Eye_Sparkle16
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Secrets From the Past

Green_Eye_Sparkle16

A/N: Here is chapter 2. I hope you like it. Please Read and Review! Thanks. :D

The New Girl

Harry woke early the next morning feeling extremely relaxed. He had never slept in a bed the size of this one. It was a king size four poster that took up nearly half of the room. He crawled out of bed and decided to explore his new chambers. He walked out of the bedroom and found himself in his own private study. There was a cedar desk sitting near a window with an enormous chair behind it. The walls were covered in bookshelves. And to his amazement, most of them had been filled with books about quidditch. The others were filled with books on Defense Against the Dark Arts and Useful spells. He made his way over to his desk and noticed something sitting on top of it. It was a picture of his mum and dad. He had never seen this picture before. He smiled to himself and muttered, "Dumbledore."

After a few minutes in the study, he walked out and into his very own common room. It was enormous. There was an enormous sofa in front of a fireplace and squashy armchairs all around. Harry moved out of the room and found the bathroom. It too was extremely large. There was a large tub at the end and a shower right beside it. He quickly decided that he'd best take a shower before he woke up from this dream.

As soon as Harry had finished showering, he quickly got dressed and left his dormitory to see Hermione. He wondered if she had been as amazed by her new room as he had been. He knocked on her portrait door. No answer. He knocked again and the portrait door swung open. In front of him, he found Hermione smiling gleefully. She pulled him in quickly.

"Harry, how was your room? Aren't these amazing?" she asked walking into her common room. It was a cheerful, bright room. Much unlike Harry's which was decorated in deep dark colors and very masculine, this one was very feminine.

"Yeah." he said, seeing that she was, perhaps more excited than he was.

"Oh, and my password's 'Hogwarts, A History'." she said turning to him. "You know, so you can just let yourself in next time."

"Oh...mine's 'Quidditch Seeker'", Harry said. "You know, if you ever need to get in to mine." Harry said.

She smiled at him and went into her bedroom, Harry following close behind.

"Wow Hermione. If it's possible, I think you're room is bigger than mine."

"I don't think so. I think they're the same. OH! But you haven't seen the best part." she said. Her face grew with excitement as she pulled him into a large circular room. It was her study.

"Look!" she said. Her study was definitely bigger than his, rather, taller. Her walls were lined with bookshelves as well, but they towered as high as the ceiling.

"Whoa." was all Harry could say.

"There has to be at least a thousand books in here!" Hermione said, still beaming. "I was up all night going through them. And sure enough, Harry noticed the pile of open books lying on her cherry desk.

"Well," Hermione said, peeling her eyes away from the books. "Should we go and get Ron for breakfast?"

Harry turned to her and nodded. "That's what I came to get you for."

They turned out of the study and left the Head Girl Chambers and walked off to get Ron. When they reached the Gryffindor common room, they found Ron sitting on the sofa reading the Quibbler.

"Morning." he said.

"Good Morning." Harry and Hermione said.

"How the rooms last night?" Ron asked them.

"Great! You're going to have to come and see them later!" Harry said. "Anyway, how was your night?"

"Well, it was different. I mean, I like Dean, Neville and Seamus; but it just wasn't the same." said Ron.

"I know what you mean." Harry said.

"Hey, let's go get some breakfast." Hermione suggested. "I'm starving."

Ron got up from the sofa and set his issue of the Quibbler aside and they all headed off for breakfast. When they got there, the found their seats and began to eat.

"Guess who." said a dreamy voice behind Ron. The person had covered his eyes with their hands.

"Morning Luna." Ron said sweetly. He grabbed her hands off of his face and kissed them as she sat down next to him. "Where were you last night? I didn't even see you on the train."

"Oh, I didn't get here until this morning. Didn't you get that owl I sent you the day before yesterday?"

"No."

"Oh, poor thing must have gotten lost. Anyway," she said briskly. "daddy and I got back late. You know, he had to do all that press after we discovered the Crumple Horned Snorkack." She gave him a swift peck on the cheek and turned to Harry and Hermione. "Good Morning" she said dreamily.

"Morning Luna." they both said.

Ron and Luna had been dating since the end of last year. I t was quite a shock to everyone, especially to Harry and Hermione, but they accepted the pair without question. Ron and Luna seemed to be very much in love by the way they behaved and constantly talked about one another.

They had just finished their breakfast when Professor McGonagall came around and handed them their schedules. They all immediately moaned at the sight of what class they had first.

"Advanced Potions?" Ron whined. "First thing in the morning?"

"Yeah, and then we have Transfiguration. And look, we haven't got Defense Against the Dark Arts until tomorrow. That's odd." Hermione said. Just then Professor Dumbledore appeared behind her. Noticing, Ron tapped her hand and nodded behind her. She turned around. And slightly shocked, gave a little "oh" in surprise. "Professor Dumbledore." she said. "Good morning."

"Good morning Miss Granger. I trust you slept well last night? And you Harry?" He asked looking at them both.

"Oh, yes. Very well thank you." Hermione said as Harry nodded in agreement. "Really great" he said.

"Wonderful." Dumbledore said turning his attention back towards Hermione. "Miss Granger, if you would kindly join me in my office please? Our new student has been sorted into Gryffindor and I would be most grateful if you would show her around the grounds."

"Oh, of course Professor." Hermione said getting up from her seat and looking at Harry, Ron and Luna. "I'll see you guys later." They nodded and waved goodbye. Just then, Ginny walked up and joined them.

"Where's Hermione going?" she asked. Luna told her all about it.

After hearing Luna explain, Ginny let out a laugh. "Oh," she said. "I thought Hermione was actually in trouble or something."

They all laughed at the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Hermione and Professor Dumbledore entered his office, Hermione saw the new seventh year girl sitting in the chair in front of Dumbledore's desk.

The girl turned around and got up out of her seat. She had a sleek figure, long, dark wavy hair and deep green eyes and was at least an inch taller than Hermione.

"Hello" she said, walking over and sticking out her hand for Hermione to shake. "Elizabeth Halsey. Nice to meet you."

"Hi. Hermione Granger. Nice to meet you too." Hermione replied.

"I felt it best that the Head Girl, Miss Granger show you around Miss Halsey." Dumbledore said to her. "You both are extremely bright witches. I thought you'd have something in common."

"Thanks Professor" they both said.

Dumbledore moved to sit behind his desk, and motioned for them to take the seats in front of him. They sat down and waited for him to speak. He looked at Hermione and began to explain things about Elizabeth.

"Miss Halsey here, has been privately tutored most of her life. This is only the second school she has attended."

"Really?" Hermione said, looking at Elizabeth both surprised and intrigued.

"Yes. I've done A LOT of traveling." Elizabeth said. "I studied one year in Beuxbauton, when I lived in France. It really wasn't that pleasant to tell the truth."

Hermione and Dumbledore laughed. "Well, Hogwarts is really wonderful." Hermione told her. "I think you'll really like it here."

"Yes, I'm sure I will." she said to Hermione.

They discussed many things about Elizabeth. It turned out that she was quite advanced in Defense Against the Dark Arts and did not need any further instruction. Elizabeth turned out to be quite an extraordinary person. She had indeed done A LOT of traveling. She had been to so many places: France, Italy, Germany, Norway, Egypt and America. After 20 minutes or so, the conversation came to an end.

"Well," Dumbledore said briskly. "Here is your schedule Miss Halsey." he said handing her a piece of parchment. "Miss Granger will kindly show you around the grounds and all of the classrooms."

"Thank you so much Professor Dumbledore." Elizabeth said gratefully. She and Hermione got up from their seats and walked out of the office and rode the stone staircase back down.

"Well," Hermione said looking sideways at Elizabeth. "Where would you like to go first?"

"Well, I don't know actually. Why don't we just start with the classrooms." she said.

"Oh, that's good. We'll do that." They toured the classrooms that they both had classes in. Hermione discovered that Elizabeth also had a passion for Advanced Arithmacy. She and Hermione certainly did have a lot in common. Hermione also discovered she loved to read as well. Though there were similarities between them, Elizabeth seemed more outgoing and outspoken.

"Yeah, I love Arithmacy." she told Hermione. "And you can call me Liz...I don't really fancy being called 'Elizabeth', it makes me feel like I'm in trouble or something in."

"Alright." Hermione said. "Well now that we're done with the classes, do you want to go to Gryffindor Tower now, and meet everyone?"

"Yeah. Let's go." Hermione and Liz were finally arrived at the portrait and Hermione gave Liz the password and told her to try it out.

"Devil's Snare." Liz said to the Fat Lady. And the portrait door swung open. As they entered they came face to face with Harry and Ron.

"Oh, hello." Hermione said. "We were just going to come and see you." Hermione said.

"We were just coming to look for you." Harry said. Liz smiled.

"Oh," Hermione said. "Harry Potter, Ron Weasley...this is Liz Halsey. The three of them shook hands and moved back into the common room. "Nice to meet you." they all said to one another.

"Harry's Head Boy." Hermione told Liz.

"Oh, you are? Congratulations." she said to Harry.

Harry eyed Liz closely for a moment. "Thanks. Erm...do I know you?" he finally asked? "You look really familiar."

"No." Liz said. "I think I would remember meeting the famous Harry Potter."

"Oh." was all Harry said.

"Sorry." Liz said quickly. "You probably hate when people say that don't you?" Harry smiled gratefully that she understood. And noticed, Ron too was looking at her suspiciously. "Harry's right." he said. "You do look familiar."

"Really?" Liz asked, smiling. "That's weird."

"Well, I'm going to take Liz upstairs to see her room." Hermione said at once. The two girls walked up the spiral staircase leading to the girls' dormitories. Harry and Ron heard Hermione tell Liz, "You'll love Lavender and Parvati." She had said it in the most sarcastic way.

After a few minutes had passed, Ron and Harry were sitting by the fire waiting for Hermione and Liz to return. Finally they heard footsteps coming down the stairs. They had returned.

"Well, now that you're settled in," Hermione said to Liz. "why don't you just sit and chat with us until Advanced Potions. It doesn't start for another hour." Harry and Ron grumbled.

"What?" Liz asked. "What's wrong with Advanced Potions? Is it supposed to be a difficult class"

"It's not so much Potions that's difficult," Ron answered. "As it is the Professor. Professor Snape."

"Oh." Liz said, now comprehending. "Is he that bad?"

"Well, we'll let you see for yourself in an hour." Harry said.

They talked about Liz's interests and such things over the next hour, but were cut short of hearing anything about her childhood history, when the bell rang. They gathered up their things and headed for Snape's dungeon. "Get ready." Harry whispered to Liz at the entrance to the classroom. They all laughed. And the four of them walked into Snape's classroom.

A/N: It sort of seems like I'm making the trio into a quartet, doesn't it? Not the case...please keep reading and as I post new chapters...you'll begin to understand. I'm really anxious to hear what you all think. I really hope you will all enjoy this story.