Unofficial Portkey Archive

Give Up? by dolly_llama
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Give Up?

dolly_llama

CHAPTER TEN

"TALKING" ((THINKING))

A/N: Hey guys, here's another chapter. This time it didn't take as long as 2 weeks, it took one week! Sorry, but this week our exams are taking place and er, we need to study…cough, but no, we used our precious study time to entertain and make you guys happy and we hope you appreciate it because -becomes demented and speaks darkly- its never going to happen again. Enjoy!

It was finally Christmas, and Ginny found a pile of presents at the foot of her bed. She lifted the covers and crawled over to her pile of treasure. She sat cross-legged as she read the cards attached to each present. She lifted the first box, which was the largest, and recognized it to be from her parents. After all, they had used the same wrapping paper since… forever (they liked to recycle).

She read the letter and smiled.

Dear Ginny-Honey,

We hope you're doing okay. Our poor baby, all alone in that big castle. This is the first time we aren't together for the Christmas holidays! Sorry about the tear stains, cupcake. That was your mother, as you can guess. We all hope you are doing well. We miss you so much. We love you!

With all the love in our hearts,

Mom & Dad

She opened the present and found a beautiful scarf and a bonnet with dangling fur balls at its ends. ((Phew, finally no more sweaters for me!))

She then reached for a medium-sized box and read the letter. She repeated this until she found a small, unfamiliar silver box. There was no letter or any indication of whom it was from. Of course, she had made the obvious guess that it was probably from the only other occupant in the castle as of now.

Her thoughts were confirmed as she stared at the object inside the box. It looked like… a tongue-scraper. She noticed a small note inside the box under the object.

I wouldn't let you near my tongue, either. At least, not until you clean it.

Ginny huffed and closed the box, but she still placed it with her other presents. ((It could come in handy, right?))

As Ginny turned the corner and was about to step into the Great Hall, she was suddenly blinded by two shiny, grey eyes.

"BOO!" Draco yelled as Ginny jumped backwards, clutching her heart.

((Gosh! How does he pop out of nowhere like that?))

"I was just coming to find you, Ginny." Draco said huskily.

Ginny's mouth fell open and her eyes got wider.

Draco winked, grabbed her hand, and pulled her to the one table in the center of Great Hall. Since there was hardly anyone staying at Hogwarts, the teachers removed all the house tables and insisted that they all sit together.

Draco pulled out a chair and slightly pressed his hand on her shoulder indicating for her to sit down. As soon as she sat down, upon the table appeared heaps of food.

Draco took a seat across from Ginny and bore his steely grey eyes into her head as she scarffed down enough food to feed her over-populated family. He smirked inwardly as he remembered his plan.

The night before, Draco was so distraught that he couldn't sleep. He thought and thought and finally deciphered what the kiss really meant and why she encouraged it-to scare him away.

((Well, two can play at that game,)) he had thought.

It was perfect.

Draco reached over and placed his hand over Ginny's, which at that moment held a very pointy fork. Ginny's eyes darted towards their hands and, startled, almost fell out of her chair as she looked up to see that his face was much too close for comfort.

She vaguely considered stabbing Draco's hand with her oh, so friendly fork but thought better of it. She frantically looked around and saw that the Great Hall was completely empty other than Draco and herself, and that the entrance was clamped shut.

Draco spoke up.

"I see the teachers aren't here; they probably like to sleep in on Christmas Day," he said huskily, licking his lips.

"I can see that…" Ginny replied cautiously.

She tried retching her hand free from Draco's grip but unfortunately failed, as he was fairly strong. Her eyes narrowed as she figured out what he was trying to do. She dropped her fork and twisted her arm so that she was the one holding his hand.

She pushed her chair back and lifted a foot over it to hoist herself up on top of the table. Pushing her plate aside as she crawled over the table, she began loosening his tie. She pushed his shoulders back and both fell to the floor, Ginny on top of Draco.

Ginny grabbed his collar and, pulling him hard against her, forced herself to kiss him as he had done to her many times before.

He mumbled something against her mouth and Ginny took this as an opportunity to stick her tongue down his throat through his parted lips. They rolled over so that Ginny was now trapped in Draco's embrace.

She broke apart and trailed small kisses toward his ear where she nibbled it affectionately-"Ow," Draco whined-or maybe aggressively. His yelp of pain slowly became a moan. He couldn't believe he was doing this with a redheaded Weasley.

By then he had realized that she knew his plan. ((Oh, so that's how it is? Well, I'm not backing down 'till she backs down!))

Draco snaked an arm around her waist and began playing with the hem of her shirt, slowly lifting it up in the process. Ginny slapped Draco's hand and angrily stared up at him.

He raised an eyebrow in a way that said, "So, you give up, eh?"

Ginny shot a determined look back at him and relaxed, letting her arms fall at her sides.

At that moment both their heads turned to the doors of the Great Hall. They could hear voices.

Thinking fast, Draco took it upon himself to roll the both of them under the table. Ginny tried to speak, but Draco shushed her by clamping a hand on her mouth. From under the table, they could see rows of feet shuffling into the Great Hall.

The teachers seemed drowsy and grumpy; Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall were already at it. (A/N: Dolly thought this had a hidden meaning to it...if you catch my drift. Llama: Get your mind out of the gutter! Jeez...)

"No! Ginny would never do such a thing!" screeched McGonagall.

"Are you suggesting that a Malfoy would touch a Weasley?" Snape shot back with menace.

Ginny fought the urge to laugh out loud.

"Of course! He's a growing boy, isn't he? With those raging hormones, none the less!"

It was Ginny's turn to clamp a hand over Draco's mouth. She shot him a glare that meant business.

She looked through the chairs to find a way out when suddenly a pair of shoes with bells on them appeared. Their owner spoke.

"Oh, I see there have been a few early birds that were here before us."

((I swear that sound exactly like the old hag,)) Draco thought.

Draco gave Ginny a questioning look as she inwardly kicked herself for leaving her food all over the table.

"I guess we'll have to stay here until they leave," Ginny whispered as she saw the pair of feet finding their way to the table.

Draco smirked and turned to look at her.

"Would you like to do something to pass the time away?"

Ginny stared blankly up at him, "What do you have in mind?"

Draco smirked and licked his lips.

"Ugh!" Ginny gagged, pointing a finger in her mouth.

"Whatever," Draco mumbled, obviously disappointed.

Ginny was once again forced atop of Draco as the teachers took their seats. Ginny thought she was going to cry. They laid there for hours (or so it seemed), listening to the mindless ramblings of the Hogwarts teachers.

Finally, they got up and left.

"How much do they eat?" Ginny groaned as she rolled off of Draco.

When he didn't answer, she turned around and saw that he was fast asleep.

((Oh. My. God! How can he sleep when we were almost caught in that position?!))

She crawled back under the table and was about to smack him upside the head, but suddenly changed her mind and kissed him awake.

His eyes fluttered open and as soon as he noticed her, he sat up so abruptly that his head banged on the underside of the table.

Ginny giggled as she crawled out from underneath the table.

"Now we both have fractured skulls," she mumbled.

Draco glared at her backside, rubbing the back of his head. He suddenly noticed he had a clear view of under her skirt. He looked up at Ginny and smirked.

"I see London, I see France…"

Ginny stared at him as he raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you a little too young for those type of knickers?"

Ginny blushed furiously as she tightened her robes around her.

Draco got up and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Can I get a closer look, perhaps with no robes?" Draco whispered against her ear.

Ginny's face grew pale as Draco nipped at her earlobe.

She yelped and he said, "I'll be gentler next time."

"There isn't going to be a next time!" Ginny screamed

Draco wasted no time.

"So you give up?" he demanded.

"Never," Ginny whispered dangerously.

Draco felt her warm breath tingling against his cold cheek.

"We'll see about that."

He suddenly pushed her forward, guiding her with the small of her back, out of the Great Hall.

"Where are you taking me?!" Ginny shrieked.

"Hush! Someone will hear you, you banshee!" he whispered. "I've got to show you something."

A/N: Yay! So what do you guys think Draco is going to show her? Send in your ideas! Not that it matters now because we already wrote it and we know what's going to happen! Muahaha…but we just want to know what you guys think! Stay tuned for the next chapter! Yay!