Unofficial Portkey Archive

Give Up? by dolly_llama
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Give Up?

dolly_llama

A/N: Wow, guys! Thanks for the reviews! Hopefully we will get some more, eh? Well, here is your chapter six! Enjoy! REVIEW PLZ!!

CHAPTER SIX

"TALKING" ((THINKING))

By the time Draco entered Professor Snape's room, he had cooled off.

"Professor, where are you?" he called out. Professor Snape came out of the back room with a look of surprise on his face.

"I don't remember giving you detention today…"

"You didn't, Professor. I'm just here to discuss my tutoring…" Draco sat on an upturned cauldron.

"Well, well. How is that coming along, Mr. Malfoy? Good?" Professor Snape remembered as he sat behind his desk.

"To tell you the truth, the tutor's getting on my nerves. She tackled me to the floor like a wild beast!"

"Miss Weasley? I don't think so. She's a little skinny for a girl of her age."

"Yea, but she still tackled me. Attacked me, even!"

"No buts, I told you I won't change her to someone else."

"But, Professor… Why not?"

"I said no buts, and because she is surprisingly good at potions. Top, in fact."

"Alright," Draco grumbled as he drug his feet out of the room. ((Oh, really? I used to be top. Beating me in something, eh? Makes her even more sexy… DID I JUST SAY "SEXY"?! I think I am losing my mind…))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

((Wow, I handled that like a man… I mean, wo-man,)) Ginny thought as she headed to her room for a shower. ((I smell like Slytherin!)) She had a strong urge to burn her clothes, but that quickly passed, as she knew she wouldn't be able to buy new ones any time soon. Her family was having money problems, but then again, when weren't they? There was nothing she could do about it, for money doesn't grow on trees, magical or not. She never asked for anything anymore and had to buy all her own things. That was why she took up tutoring. Most thought it was because of the kindness in her heart. ((Yeah, right...)) Ginny thought. ((I just need the money!)) Ginny sighed and headed into her bathroom for a shower.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Draco stayed in his dorm the whole morning and contemplated his attack on the smallest Weasley. He seemed to take this morning's attack too seriously and wanted revenge. Never, in Malfoy history, had a Weasley attacked one and caught them off guard. He didn't want to push this matter aside, he wanted to get even! ((Hmm… What would annoy a Weasley, besides stuffing them in a couch?)) He smirked at this memory, but of course he stopped as he realized that this was the reason for his revenge. ((Oh, how can I cause a pout on those sexy lips?)) he wondered. ((WHAT AM I DOING?! No part of a weasel is sexy!)) He banged his head against the wall. ((Why would I even care about her? I have many girls after me! Even more than Potter!)) His mouth fell open. ((That's it! Potter! The weasel fancies him, doesn't she? It's practically common knowledge! Bwahaha! I've got it! Where's that potion…)) he thought as he searched for the polyjuice potion in his trunk. ((Damn… I'll have to steal some from Snape!)) He threw on his invisibility cloak and ran to the dungeons. "Alohamora!" he whispered. The door swung open. ((It's a good thing all the teachers have to be at lunch!)) He swung open the cupboard and almost instantly found what he was looking for. "Yes!" he said a little too loudly. He heard footsteps from down the hall. ((Shit!)) He quickly closed the cupboard and ran out of the office, locking the door behind him. He was about to hide around a corner when he remembered that he was wearing and invisibility cloak and didn't need to worry about being seen. He looked at who was coming down the hall. ((Oh, look… Potty and company…)) He smirked. ((Wonderful, and right when I need him.)) Draco crept up behind Harry as The-Boy-Who-Lived looked down the hall for the source of the noise Draco had caused earlier. ((Investigating, as usual?)) Draco stifled a snort. ((Well, no time like the present!)) He sucked in a breath as he reached up and pulled out a strand of hair from Harry's head.

"Bloody Hell! Ron!" Harry exclaimed. He whirled around and came face-to-face with Ron, who had been the only one behind him at the moment (or, the only one he could see).

"What?" Ron gasped in an almost frightened tone. "Is there a sp-spider on me? Get it off, Harry! Get it off!" Harry rolled his eyes and the trio continued down the hall with Ron still babbling about the spider that didn't exist and Hermione trying to assure him that it wasn't there.

((Well, that was surprisingly easy,)) thought Draco as he walked back to his room. ((Probably because Potty's hair is so long and matted. It was easy to get a hold of. As for the weasel… Scared of spiders?)) Draco knew that they were disgusting little buggers, and he stepped on them every chance he got, but he wasn't… scared. ((Well, that's because a Malfoy's not scared of anything!)) he thought proudly. ((I wonder if the small one is scared of spiders like her brother.)) he pondered as he began to mix the polyjuice potion with the strand of hair he got from Harry. ((Naw, she's nothing like him. Something so stupid wouldn't be a fear of hers. But, what is she afraid of?!)) He pushed his eyebrows together, let the potion simmer for a while, and went to sit down to ponder the thought some more. ((All the years I've seen the girl, she's usually been alone… Unless you call being ignored by Potty and Friends "company". She's obviously not afraid of being a social outcast. She's not even scared of me!)) He walked over to the potion. ((Ah, finished! I'll just go get something to eat from the kitchens before I put my plan into action.))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny walked toward the kitchens as quickly as she could, but didn't run because she was sure that she would collapse if she tried. She hadn't eaten all day, she'd been so busy fuming that she forgot! But, it was almost time for dinner, and the school was having a big party in the Great Hall for Halloween dinner. Ginny wasn't in the mood to go, so she figured she would just say she was full. She really wanted to be full anyway!

After she had eaten a hearty meal and dessert that she was sure made up for missing lunch and breakfast, she headed back to her room for a nap. She was so tired. ((Thank Merlin Professor Dumbledore offered me that extra room at the beginning of the year!)) She had never had her own room, and when Professor Dumbledore told her that he thought she should take it because of her wonderful grades and for making prefect, she accepted right away. And, now she was in no mood for screaming girls getting ready for a stupid party. She looked up from the floor and noticed that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were walking towards her.

"Come on, Ginny! Let's go!" Hermione shrieked with a wide smile on her face.

"Go-go where?" Ginny asked hesitantly.

"To get ready for the party!"

"Hermione, I-"

"Oh, I can't wait! It's going to be wonderful! I haven't had a chance to have fun in so long!" Hermione, Ron, and Harry began discussing it excitedly, while Ginny was still trying to tell them that she didn't want to go.

"Hermione? Harry? Ron? HERMIONE!" Ginny's patience was running out.

"Yes, Ginny? What is it?" Hermione asked. The trio looked panicked again.

"I don't think I'll go to the party tonight, guys. I'll just hang out in my room." And she left them there, exchanging looks of confusion between the three of them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Draco waited until they all left until he stepped out from behind the corner. He was on his way to the kitchens when he noticed Ginny coming out. He made himself scarce and then heard the conversation between her and her so-called "friends". He now had proof that they totally ignored her. ((Oh, well… That makes my plan all the better. And she'll be alone tonight…)) he smirked. He had schemed up the perfect plan. He would drink the polyjuice potion to become Harry, go to her room, flirt a bit and let her think she has a chance, kiss her, then came the best part. He would dump her. ((It's brilliant!)) He thought to himself. ((Maybe she'll be so depressed that she won't want to tutor anymore and I'll be off the hook!)) He smirked as he headed back to his room, forgetting all about grabbing some food from the kitchens.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny sat at her bedside, contemplating today's events and laughed out load. "Malfoy puts up a front and once it falls apart he can't handle it!" She laughed more. "I can't image how he felt getting knocked down by little ol' me! Oh, wait… I can!" She was already on the floor, clutching her gut, for she had fallen from her bedside from laughing too much. At that moment, someone stepped in through the portrait hole. Ginny stopped laughing immediately and looked up. She saw a blurry figure through her tears of hysteria.

"Hello Ginny," the figure said seductively. ((Sounds like… Malfoy?)) She used the back of her hand to wipe her tearstained cheek and took the hand offered to her. She locked her vision on sparkling green eyes.

"Harry?"

"Hey. Why were you laughing?" He asked curiously.

"Oh, that. Just thinking about that Malfoy character," she began giggling. His bright eyes became wide.

"Do you like him, maybe?" He was ready to wait for her answer, but she didn't miss a beat.

"No way, Jose! I was just laughing at his stupid antics! Did you see him today, when I knocked him down?!" She went through peals of laughter with a hint of an evil snicker. Draco's… or Harry's eyes turned hard and cold.

"Malfoy's keep it professional; they plan their attacks if you know what I mean," he said darkly.

"What's the matter, Harry? Are you okay?" she looked up at him and his eyes… Harry's eyes, softened as he remembered he was disguised as Harry Potter.

"Yes. I'm always alright when your around…Wea-Ginny." Draco mentally kicked himself as he stumbled with those last words. If he wanted to make this believable, he had to act like a goody-goody, which was very complicated according to Draco.

"Why are you here, anyway? I thought you were at the Halloween party."

"Oh, about that, um, you know, it's always the same, um. Yeah." he didn't plan or consider this question because he always thought she'd snog Harry once she had him alone. So much for "Malfoy's are professionals".

"But, Harry," Ginny started. "Hermione was so excited. Didn't you see her; the sparkle in her eyes, the joy in her laughter, I thought surely you would go with her!"

((Hermione?)) Draco thought. ((Who the hell is Hermione?)) The complex clockwork racked up in his head. He didn't realize the lack of answer he had given till Ginny was up in his face, staring at him expectantly.

"Harry!" Ginny snapped her fingers. "Why aren't you with Hermione? I thought you liked her." She looked down, "You spend so much time with her. I just thought you'd be with her."

((I do? Hermione? Potter likes her… Hermi-oh! Mudblood!)) Draco lifted Ginny's head and looked deep into her eyes. "I know you like me Ginny, no need to hide." Her eyes widened. "I'd rather be with you, I-uh, want you, Ginny," Draco finished huskily. ((Yes, that's good!)) Ginny stepped back.

"Are you okay, Harry? You're not acting yourself." Draco stepped forward.

"I never can, when you're around." When Ginny stepped back, he only filled the gap between them by stepping forward. They did this a couple times until Draco had her cornered, pressed against the wall with no escape. Ginny's eyes darted toward the door. It was on the other side of the room. ((Shit! Can't get away! Hold the phone! This seems a bit fishy to me, it's-)) She didn't get to finish her thought as Draco pressed his… Harry's, lips ever so slightly upon her own. She didn't pull away, something held her there. It just felt right. As Draco pulled away, Ginny leaned forward, obviously wanting more. Her eyes fluttered open, locking upon steel grey ones. ((Wait…Grey eyes?!))

"MALFOY?!" Ginny sputtered as she stepped back instinctively, knocking her head on the wall in the process. As she fell to the floor, a lean body before her transformed back into its original form before she blacked out.

A/N: Exciting, huh? If you have any comments or enjoyed it just a little, please PLEASE leave a review. It really motivates us to get the chapters out sooner!