Unofficial Portkey Archive

Give Up? by dolly_llama
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Give Up?

dolly_llama

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"TALKING" ((THINKING))

As they entered Draco's room, Ginny tripped on the rug. Draco caught her and gently threw her on his bed. He had begun to unbutton his shirt when-

"NO!! AHH!! My virgin eyes! They BURN!" she screamed as she shielded her face with her hands.

Draco scowled.

He tore off his shirt and yelled, "SURPRISE!"

Ginny screamed as she saw Ginevra tattooed over his heart in fancy writing. Draco broke into peals of laughter.

"That's horrible!" Ginny screamed, jumping up from the bed.

Draco pointed his wand to his chest and it sucked up the ink like a vacuum.

"I was only joking, Weasley," he smirked. "Don't have a cow."

He leaped and landed stomach first into his sea of silk sheets. He rolled over and lifted his head.

"So…" Draco said as he stared at Ginny, who just stood awkwardly at the foot of his bed.

"So…" Ginny repeated.

Draco narrowed his eyes.

"Wanna have some fun?" he smirked.

"What kind of fun?" Ginny asked cautiously.

"Oh, I dunno… Let's play a little game!"

"What kind of game?"

"You pick," he winked.

"Okay…Uh…How about truth or dare?" Ginny suggested. ((No harm in that, right?))

"Alright, but let's add a little twist," Draco rubbed his hands together (like an idiot). "If you don't accept the dare, you have to take off an article of clothing!"

"No way, you horny little toad!" Ginny said, giving him the hand. "Uh-uh!"

"Why not, is Miss Weasley insecure about her body?"

"No, I just don't want to see yours!"

"Fine! I don't want to show it to you!"

"Well, here's a better idea. Whoever doesn't accept the dare must be nice to their tutor for a week."

Draco thought for a moment.

"Wait a second! You don't have a tutor!" he pointed out.

"Exactly," Ginny replied patronizingly.

Draco frowned, still confused, but he accepted anyways.

"Do you have any Veritaserum?" Ginny asked Draco.

"Duh! How else would I be in control of the school?" Draco scoffed.

"Just go get it! Don't give me your life story!"

Let the game begin.

"Alright, Ginny, darling. Drink up!" Draco said as he handed Ginny a small vile of Veritaserum.

"Cheers," Ginny replied as they both gulped down the potion. ((No turning back now!))

"Who goes first?" Draco said, coughing from the bitter taste of the truth potion.

"Let's flip a knut," Ginny replied.

Draco chuckled to himself. ((Probably the only coin she has!))

"Call it!" Ginny said.

"Tails," Draco answered.

Ginny caught the coin, looked at it, and pouted.

"Aww, did little Drakie get it right?" Draco laughed. "Okay, Ginny, my sweet. Truth or dare?"

"Uh, truth?" Ginny picked.

"When the Hell are you going to stop Potter from fucking around with you and finally realize that he doesn't give a fuck about you?!" Draco asked angrily. He seemed to want to know this for a long time, but inwardly kicked himself as he had forgotten that Veritaserum also makes you reveal your true feelings.

Ginny's mouth fell open, and words begin to fall out.

"I stopped liking Harry years ago, probably second or third year. I only think of him as a friend now, but I don't think he doesn't appreciate me! I'm like his little sister."

Draco seemed satisfied and Ginny seemed embarrassed.

"Why do you care?!" Ginny shrieked.

"I'm ridiculously jealous," Draco answered immediately. "Hey! That wasn't fair! You didn't even give me a choice!"

Ginny said nothing, just simply stared, wide-eyed at Draco.

"Jealous?" she croaked quietly.

Once again Draco began talking.

"I have been jealous of Potter since the day he had the courage to decline my offer of friendship."

Draco was getting angry.

"Stop doing that!" he whined. "It's my turn now!"

"Fine," Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Truth or dare?" he asked maliciously.

"Truth."

((What should I ask?)) Draco thought as he wished she would have picked dare. ((That would have been more interesting.))

He noticed Ginny staring, so he asked a question.

"Are you sexually attracted to me?"

He leaned forward and nipped at her bottom lip.

Ginny pushed him away and tried to cover her mouth as the truth poured out.

"Of course I am! Everyone is, except maybe Hermione and some of the guys. Mind you, I also know of some guys who do fancy you. I think it's your hair. Or your eyes, they are just so sad and angry that someone once told me they wanted to 'tame the wild beast.' I was laughing for weeks. You really are a slimy git, though," she finished, her eyes closed and hands over her ears.

((Look at me, Mr. Popular,)) Draco chuckled to himself.

"I don't want to play anymore," Draco suddenly said.

Ginny raised an eyebrow, "Why not?"

"Because, I don't want to!" Draco whined.

"Oh, no. It's my turn!"

Draco crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

"Truth or dare?" Ginny asked innocently.

Draco knew he might be risking his life to pick dare, so truth it was.

"I'm on your mind a lot, you probably even dream about me. I know you aren't just acting when you kiss me," she recited, walking around the room.

She sat down next to him, looked him in the eye, and asked him, "Does Draco Malfoy, Mighty King of the Slytherins, have a little crush on Ginny Weasley? Part of the family he has always known to hate?"

"Not a little crush," Draco started solemnly. "A BIG crush. I don't even know why! You're not even that pretty! No offense, I didn't say it to be mean; I would never want to make you sad. Not pretty, Ginny darling, but beautiful. I only try to annoy you because you're sexy when you're mad!"

((Damn this game! Damn Veritaserum! Damn that Weasley that's staring at me like I've grown three heads!))

"Uh, Draco…" Ginny started quietly without looking at him. "I was only joking. The Veritaserum wore off two minutes ago. I thought you would notice."

With that, she got up and walked out of his room.

A/N: Sorry it was so short! We thought that would be a good place to leave off. Stupid Draco! He didn't know the time limit for the Polyjuice Potion, or the Veritaserum! ROFL! No wonder he's failing potions!