Unofficial Portkey Archive

Give Up? by dolly_llama
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Give Up?

dolly_llama

A/N: Commentator: Ladies and Gentlemen, would you please welcome our lovely hosts...DOLLY and LLAMA!

Audience: [consists of Draco&Blaise, DracoandBlaise, Blaise&Draco, and Cow] *applaud* and *moo*

Dolly: *takes a mike handed to her and motions Llama to sit in a large, elaborate and over-stuffed armchair situated above all* Hello everyone! And thank you for stopping by! *more applause* I would personally love to present to you guys our BIRTHDAY GIRL! *Points to Llama, who is pleasantly shocked* Yes, yes it is her b-day and because of this special occasion, we present to you this chapter that we otherwise wouldn't have posted earlier enough! But that is besides the point because we should be celebrating with the most important person in this room as of now!

Cow: *gets up from its spot where it originally laid* Moo! [translation: you got that right! now applaud me NOW!]

Dolly: *turns slightly pink, eyes darting around the audience* Cow! Not YOU! Llama! Llama is the important one today...you could be important...uh tomorrow..i guess...Anyhow, *turns to face Llama* I have a very special gift for you that I hope you really like...cuz I know I would have...Er, yes, uh I'm pleased to present to you....OUR DANCERS! Come on boys!

[Draco&Blaise and DracoandBlaise jump up and arrive at Llama's couch in an instant, ripping off their bathrobes to reveal... BANANA SUITS! (what did you expect readers? There are children reading this fic after all! *laughs thoughtfully* yes...we thought of it too...*sigh*) while Blaise&Draco reluctantly follow, dragging their feet.]

Dolly: Come on Boys! This is an event! You guys should be happy! Come on, it's Llama's party after all!

Blaise&Draco: But we like you better Dolly! We want to dance for YOU! *they unleash their sexiest pout*

Dolly: Aww!

Audience (cow): MOO! [translates: aww!]

Dolly: Don't worry, you guys! You can dance for me anytime you like! Now go along and join the others.

Blaise&Draco: [visibly happy and relieved, they join Draco&Blaise and DracoandBlaise]

Dolly: Now that we have that settled, there are some other things that have come to our attention that we need to point out before we give you this chapter.

Llama: [jumps up from her couch and runs over to snatch a mike, while Draco&Blaise and DracoandBlaise look on, apparently exhausted] I'll say them!!

NUMBER ONE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! WHOOTIE-HOO! *does a dance that lasts at least 10 minutes and comes back, out of breath* Okay!

NUMBER TWO: To those of you who have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (which I am embarrassed to say, does NOT include Dolly, the little traitor), YAY FOR YOU and ME! Let's have a party, just us cool people (again, NOT including Dolly, since she has NOT read the book)! BUT, something has come to my attention that I just HAVE to say. I DON'T CARE WHAT JK ROWLING SAID BLAISE LOOKS LIKE! Here's where you Dolly-like people are lucky, you can just think about our sexy Blaise and not have to re-write something in your mind. BUT, you awesome people who have read the book, thumbs-upski to you, but now I'm gonna describe OUR Blaise to you, and when you read our story, you MUST think of BLAISE as WE describe him, although I don't think that would be a big disappointment-actually it should be a relief, as our Blaise is very hot (not being disrespectful to JK Rowling's Blaise, because she can do whatever she wants to him, as she created him, and we are simply playing very naughty games with him *wink wink*).

OUR BLAISE: Hair - VERY HOT! Jet-black, a bit fuller and about one or two inches longer than Draco's (in HP&thePOA-MOVIE), its kinda emo hair… and longer bangs that cover his eyes, very messy…hothothothothothothot! Am I horribly wrong to say its kinda skater hair? Eyes - again I say, VERY HOT! Violet with specks of bright vivid blue! Skin - He's definitely not as pale as Draco…Let's just say he's kinda tan without being too tan…WELL LET'S JUST SAY HE'S PERFECT CUZ HE IS! YAY! Height - About Draco's height, so around 6', 6'1"… and-

Dolly: Okay, Llama enough!

Llama: It's my birthday, though!

Dolly: Yes, and a very happy birthday, at that! But, the A/N is seriously too long. You've described Blaise perfectly by the way; I'm amazed at your genius! And your beauty-

Llama: Oh, stop… *smirks and waves hand as if it was nothing*

Dolly: Okay… well anyways-

Llama: Keep going!

Dolly: NO! Sorry guys, here's Chapter Sixteen…

Llama: How rude… You guys love me though, right? I mean it's my birthday! Please review, because it is my birthday!

Dolly: Of course, Llama, that's the reason they will review... That and the fact that the 200th reviewer gets an early chapter! So, don't forget to leave an e-mail address!

Llama: Gosh, Dolly… That's low… Using my birthday to advertise... And I was so nice on your birthday… *sniff sniff*

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"TALKING" ((THINKING))

Later that night, Ginny and Neville headed toward Draco's room.

"I don't like Malfoy. Why can't you tutor me in our common room?" Neville whined.

Ginny wasn't listening, but was staring at the curly brown hair that gently framed his long face. His brown eyes peered at her from under the loose tendrils that fell past them.

"Ginny?" Neville waved a hand in front of her face.

"Oh, sorry," she answered meekly. "I don't have time to do two tutoring sessions, Neville. It only makes sense that since you both are stuck on the same potion, that I tutor you together." Neville pouted, but Ginny continued, "Just be thankful that Professor Snape said we tutor in Draco's room again."

They entered that particular room and saw him sitting at the study table. Ginny cleared her throat and Draco looked up from his book, taking in the sight of them together. He looked at Ginny, and then quickly looked back to Neville.

"Hello Longbottom," he acknowledged as he looked back down to his book.

"Malfoy," Neville answered, intimidated.

Draco looked up again. "So, I guess you'll be joining us from now on, is that right?"

"Uh, yes."

"And you and our tutor…are…?"

"Uh, I-"

"Some advice, Longbottom. Don't get too attached," Draco said as he shot a dark look at Ginny.

Before she could say anything, the portrait hole flew open.

"Blaise has arrived!" the intruder yelled as he ran over to Draco and draped an arm over his shoulder. "Hey tutor buddy!"

Both Ginny and Neville looked on in shock.

"Wha-what-what are you doing here?" Ginny managed to sputter.

"Didn't Draco tell you? I'm your new student!" Blaise beamed.

"Malfoy! You can't just sign people up without asking me first!" Ginny said through clenched teeth.

Draco frowned and said to Blaise, "Tell her she didn't ask me if she could bring an extra student!"

Blaise turned to Ginny. "He said you didn't ask if you could bring Longbottom."

Ginny gaped and Draco said more to Blaise.

"Besides," he said, "tell her that Snape said you could."

Blaise looked at Ginny, "He said Professor Snape said I-"

"I heard him!" Ginny yelled. Neville put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down and Draco looked away in disgust.

"Draco, can I borrow a quill and some parchment?" Blaise asked.

"Fine," Draco growled. He pointed his wand to his trunk and it shot open. "Go get them."

Blaise left the three of them in an awkward silence in which Draco refused to look at Ginny. The raven-haired boy returned not a minute later with his hands behind his back and looking very smug.

Ginny broke the silence, "What you got there?"

A mischievous grin appeared on Blaise's handsome face. "What've I got where?" he asked innocently.

"Behind your back," Ginny answered.

"Oh, that? It's nothing that I think I need to tell you about," he smirked.

Ginny frowned. "Tell me."

"Uh, I don't think I should. Should I? Hm... NO! I don't think so!" he laughed.

Ginny grabbed her wand. "Accio... Whatever-Zabini's-Got-Behind-His-Back!"

"Oh, dear teacher," Blaise laughed. "You know that isn't going to-HEY!"

The item flew to Ginny's hands. It looked like a tattered rag. No, scratch that, it was a robe. Her robe.

"Where did you get this? I've been looking for it for ages!"

"It's yours?" Neville asked, confused.

"Wait," Blaise raised an eyebrow, "It's yours? Draco, buddy, I thought you said you two didn't shag!"

Draco, who had been extremely quiet during this whole time, blushed slightly and looked to the ground. "I forgot about that damn thing," he said quietly.

"WHAT?!" Ginny screamed. "We did NOT shag! Where did you get this, Malfoy?" she practically shrieked, shaking the robe in front of him.

Draco didn't answer.

"Answer me, Malfoy! This silent treatment isn't helping anyone!"

When he still didn't answer her, she turned to Blaise.

"Don't look at me," he shrugged, "I just found it in his trunk."

"His trunk?" Neville spoke up.

"Yes, you useless squib, my trunk!" Draco suddenly snapped. He then turned to Ginny, eyes full of cold malice. She suddenly had the unnerving feeling that whatever their…"friendship"…or…"relationship" (for lack of a better word) had been, that it would never be quite the same as it was before the Christmas Holidays ended.

"Remember Halloween, Weasley?" he asked, voice barely above a whisper. "You left it here, I guess I forgot."

"Well, of course he forgot! His trunk's jam packed with clothes, he probably has more than all the Slytherin girls put together!"

"Shut it, Blaise!" Draco growled, and continued without remorse, "Well, now you've got your only robe back, Weasel. Enjoy; I know you've been freezing without it."

And there wasn't another word said about it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After that night of tutoring horror was finally over, to Ginny's relief, she and Neville headed out, towards the Gryffindor Tower.

As they reached the top of the last staircase, Neville spoke up, "Ginny? That…Halloween wasn't…Did you do anything with Malfoy?" he blurted out.

Ginny exploded, "Of course not! Why would you think that? I'd never do anything with Draco-I mean-Malfoy! Why would you-" At the face Neville was making now, Ginny toned down her voice, "I'm sorry, Neville…for acting this way, but really…I promise, I didn't do anything with Malfoy on Halloween Night," she said, choosing her words carefully.

Neville smiled. Ginny blushed as they continued toward the Tower, all the while clutching her newfound robe that smelled completely like Draco.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Draco stepped out of the shower and wrapped a green towel around his waist. He walked out of the bathroom, drying his ears with a smaller towel when he saw Blaise sitting on his couch in his boxers.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here, Zabini?" Draco yelled, closing his eyes (both in frustration and the desire to not see any more of Blaise than completely necessary).

"I'm staying here tonight, cupcake!" Blaise smiled broadly.

Draco peeked at him through one eye, "Excuse me?"

"Do you have a blanket, Draco? It's a bit drafty in here…"

"Try some clothes, you stupid prat!"

"Nah, I'll get the blanket." Blaise wandered over to Draco's bed and pulled off one of the many blankets.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked again.

"I'm sleeping over! If girls can stay up all night gabbing, then so can we!" Blaise smiled, twirling around with the blanket flowing around him.

"Oh, Merlin," Draco groaned in frustration.

After he changed into his boxers (A/N: YAY FOR DRACO AND BLAISE SLEEPING IN BOXERS! *smile*), Draco climbed into his bed and reached over to click off the lamp.

"Draco?" he heard Blaise whisper into the darkness.

"What do you want?" he replied gruffly.

"Let's talk."

"About?"

"Oh, I dunno…"

"What?"

"You pick."

"No, I sleep."

"Okay, I know. Tell me what's been going on, Draco."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, 'bout Ginevra," Blaise said, rolling his 'r'.

"What about her?"

Blaise suddenly sat up and switched on the light. "I know you like her, Draco!" he whined.

"Shut it, Zabini! You'll wake the whole castle!"

Blaise lowered his voice, "Why don't you tell me the truth? I don't get it, she's just another girl!"

"Not just another girl, Blaise," Draco sighed quietly.

"What?" Blaise asked.

"Nothing. Now, come off it and go to sleep," Draco said as he switched off the light, again.

In the middle of the night, Draco got up as quietly as he could as to not wake up the snoring Blaise.

He pulled on silk green pajama bottoms and a plain black shirt. Putting his robe on over that, he headed toward the exit when Blaise began to stir.

"Why did you throw that away?" he mumbled.

Draco abruptly stopped in his tracks. He slowly spun on his heel and was about to speak up when Blaise began snoring once again.

((Hm… Talks in his sleep, eh? Could come in handy, one day…)) Draco shook his head and proceeded to the portrait hole. ((No time for that now. I have business to attend to.))

Once Draco closed the hole, Blaise popped one eye open.

"Where is he going?" he shouted to himself.

"Oh, do shut up!" a portrait of an old man spoke.

"Whatever, you old geezer," Blaise retorted as he, too, threw on a robe (although he was only wearing boxers under), and tip-toed out of the room.

When Blaise finally spotted Draco near a statue that looked more like his mother than the one-eyed witch was supposed to resemble, he found that the blonde-haired bombshell was not alone. He seemed to be talking to another in hushed voices.

((Obviously whatever they're talking about has to be important and secret,)) Blaise thought, ((Which means Blaise is allowed to listen in!)) He snickered and Draco quickly spun around.

The torch light that was situated against their neighboring wall fell perfectly upon their faces. When Blaise squinted to get a better look he came to a realization.

((Is that…Potter? Is…are Draco and Potty actually having a civil conversation…? Am I still asleep? Is this my nightmare?))

Blaise was about to come out in the open, now that he was caught, when Draco turned back to Potter. Totally oblivious to their new visitor, they began talking once again.

"It's not working, Potter!" Draco hissed. "We need a new plan."

"Why?" Harry wondered. "What happened?"

"Our tutoring sessions have been interrupted."

"By Neville? Yeah, I know! Remember, and then you exclude Neville and try to get in good with Ginny and make Neville a loner again!" Harry cried, all in one breath.

"Calm yourself, Potter!"

"Sorry."

"I wasn't talking about Longbottom. Blaise has also joined our quaint little group."

"Zabini?! But, why?"

"I have a feeling he likes Ginny."

"Well, why does he being there interfere with the plan?"

"Potter, do you know him? He requires my constant attention! You never know what will happen if I look away for even a minute!"

"Well, if you look away to talk to Ginny, he can't do anything to her because you are talking to her…yeah."

"I didn't mean he might do something to Ginny, I meant he might blow something up!"

Harry let out a low whistle, "That immature, huh?"

"Hey, it's none of your business."

"Well, you gotta admit, he is a bit flaky."

"Hey! That's my best friend you're talking about! So shut the fook up!"

"You mean your only friend?"

Draco was about to tackle Harry when Blaise jumped out from his hiding place.

"You really consider me your best friend?" he said as his voice cracked slightly, his hand clutching his heart.

Harry shrieked with surprise and Draco stomped on his foot.

"Don't have a cow, Potter, it's not the Dark Lord!" Draco hissed.

Harry flinched slightly and looked over his shoulder, biting his lip. Blaise crept over to Draco, his eyes welling up with tears.

Draco scowled, "Yes, Zabini. You're my best friend," his face turned cold, "Now go away, Potter and I have some business to attend to."

Draco and Harry began walking away.

"So much for a best friend!" Blaise shouted after them. He turned around and smiled, and walked back to Draco's room with a little spring in his step.

A/N: YAY! Did you guys like that chapter? It's Llama's birthday! Okay, well since the A/N at the top was so gosh dang long, we decided we wouldn't write such a long A/N at the bottom; bet that makes you happy, eh? *wink* lol If you guys even read the A/N's at all.. haha well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LLAMA! Hope u guys liked the chapter! Please review!